• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Community Discussion and Moderation Feedback

You make a very good points there when it comes to your concern about a manga forum, and I for the most part agree with you. However, as someone who has been following the industry for a couple years now, I would like to put forth the argument that I believe discussions around manga sales would be pretty similar to the current discussions here surrounding video game sales.
There are many points of reference when it comes to discussions how well a manga will sell and if it will survive in the long term: Oricon’s weekly Top 50 rankings and sales, Shoseki’s weekly Top 500 rankings and estimations, Amazon pre-order rankings, circulation numbers for said manga (most surviving manga get these), social media engagement (mostly Twitter and YouTube, but I know of a manga that was saved by TikTok), the state of the magazine the manga is currently running in, the amount of views each chapter has (if the magazine is digital), awards, TV show promotions, and of course adaptations of said manga. Most of these factors, if not all, do come into play.
Thank you very much for your answer! I completely agree with you about the other references that could fuel the discussions! My original post unfortunately oversimplified this matter too much.
From what I hear, that 8-chapter rule really only applies to Jump, and came during a time where the magazine was far more cutthroat. You are right about ToC, though (one bottom ranking isn’t too bad - the alarms go off only when the series keeps staying at the bottom). Phantom Seer, to be honest, is a truly weird case that I can only reasonably chalk up to editorial bias (bias being another common discussion in here, especially when it comes to certain third-parties differing attitudes towards Sony and Nintendo). There hasn’t really been a situation quite like it since in Jump.
Also, while Shueisha (the company behind Jump) is so far ahead of other publishers when it comes to establishing an overseas presence, international volume sales still very much pale in comparison to domestic. Most magazines still primarily look at a manga’s popularity in Japan when deciding their fate. (See: Red Hood and Time Paradox Ghostwriter)
I will disagree with the chapter rule only being true for Jump though! Other magazines use that, too; the last example I can think of was Weekly Shounen Sunday's Ping Kong, which was canceled with 14 chapters. I believe that this rule is less prevalent right now because of magazines having a hard time finding a stable lineup, thus giving more breath space for newest series. Regarding the Phantom Seer situation, these happen every now and then, the most notable one I can think of is Illegal Rare.
I personally think many people who are really into manga sales to talk on this forum are aware that their personal opinion doesn’t matter at all when it comes to sales, as there are a ton of different factors to consider when it comes to how well a manga’s doing. Of course, a manga’s general appeal is one of them, which is definitely the most prone to derailing discussion, but appeal has also been a talking point in video game sales as well.
I have concerns of derailing regarding chapter discussions specifically, but I agree that Install Base userbase is probably mature enough to not let things like that happen frequently!
I’m not sure about Sakaki, per se, but I did contact Josu_ke through Discord and he really likes the idea of a manga thread here and he’d be happy to help. He just needs to get his invitation here accepted first. XD
Glad to hear that Josu_ke is interested! Their work is really good!

Just so I understand this:

1. First level: Warning
  2. Second level: 3 days-ban
  3. Third level: 1-month
  4. Fourth level: Permaban

Does this mean someone can receive a 1-month ban, then behave perfectly fine, commits another ban-worthy offense 10 years later and receives a permaban? Or does the punishment-level reset back to zero and you start with receiving a warning first, then a 3 day ban, and so on?

(In general, as I said in context of a recent user's ban, I'm not a fan of permabans and would prefer an ever-extending ban-punishment (for serious offenses: 1st time: one month, 2nd time: three months, 3rd time: six months, 4th time: one year, 5th time: two years, etc.), that would set users straight quickly or pretty much have the same effect as a permaban, but leave the user a path to absolution, preventing alt-accounts and such. That's just my personal opinion on the matter, I know you won't do that just now, but I believe in rehabilitation and discussion boards imo shouldn't be dish out lifelong sentences when even actual crimes rarely receive such punishments. But again, just my opinion and best course is to just not break any rules)

Just so I understand this:

1. First level: Warning
  2. Second level: 3 days-ban
  3. Third level: 1-month
  4. Fourth level: Permaban

Does this mean someone can receive a 1-month ban, then behave perfectly fine, commits another ban-worthy offense 10 years later and receives a permaban? Or does the punishment-level reset back to zero and you start with receiving a warning first, then a 3 day ban, and so on?
It is explained better in the Moderation guidelines thread but basically only the infractions in the previous 12 months are considered.

So in your example, someone behaving during 10 years would have a clean slate.

It is explained better in the Moderation guidelines thread but basically only the infractions in the previous 12 months are considered.

So in your example, someone behaving during 10 years would have a clean slate.
Thx, that sounds good. I remember an old forum I used to frequent that had a strict "3 strikes" rule, which was ridiculous and resulted in many long-term members suddenly being permabanned :>

Two things regarding that posting from a mod:

1) "I think the best course of action is just to ignore it altogether as I don't really think any good could come out of discussing it"

This is why users often continue with "bad" discussion, because mods here don't word themselves clearly enough. When I read fisico's posting here, it feels like "I could continue the discussion, if I truly wanted", whereas, based on experience here, I'm sure he meant to end the topic for good. It'd be better if mods clearly said something like "this topic has no more relevance, please don't continue after this mod posting. Thank you."

2) I find the posting somewhat unfair to begin with, because it makes it appear as if the user wrote something bad. What he wrote is entirely valid, even though I don't agree with everything myself. If there's something truly bad about it, why not tell the user what was bad so he/she can improve? Again, being more clear helps. It helped me, too, in the past.

Hope this comes off as constructive feedback, because that's what I mean it to be :>

Two things regarding that posting from a mod:

1) "I think the best course of action is just to ignore it altogether as I don't really think any good could come out of discussing it"

This is why users often continue with "bad" discussion, because mods here don't word themselves clearly enough. When I read fisico's posting here, it feels like "I could continue the discussion, if I truly wanted", whereas, based on experience here, I'm sure he meant to end the topic for good. It'd be better if mods clearly said something like "this topic has no more relevance, please don't continue after this mod posting. Thank you."

2) I find the posting somewhat unfair to begin with, because it makes it appear as if the user wrote something bad. What he wrote is entirely valid, even though I don't agree with everything myself. If there's something truly bad about it, why not tell the user what was bad so he/she can improve? Again, being more clear helps. It helped me, too, in the past.

Hope this comes off as constructive feedback, because that's what I mean it to be :>

I mean, the point is litterally to provide guidance, it's possible to reply to it but "Think about it twice" and "Don't take the bait" comes to mind, it just reads like a silly post made on a whim, with some stuff about Xenoblade totally randomly thrown in there for good measure, almost a self parody

There's nothing to be actionned strictly speaking, and not much happened there yet, we're not kind of a prude forum or anything and odd takes have been made countless times before (although a bit too often about Xenoblade, Nagoshi, Harada, Kondo etc.) and will surely be made again in the future, from experience it's just that overall the outcome of discussing it is rarely worth it for everyone involved, nothing more nothing less.

Also I'm not some kind of deity that comes back down to earth once every blue moon to do something like this

Mod Post
PLEASE STOP ! THIS IS A MOD ORDER

Whenever possible I'd like to trust the posters as a whole and our collective thinking/self moderation, we're all adults and not children anymore, using what's above should really be the last resort when everything else failed which was far from being the case there.

I know for moderation purpose we need all kind of different interventions, from the softer (which is what I did there), to the harsher (which is the perma ban), but my firm belief about how I moderate is to be harsher only when strictly needed and let the discussion flow goes on while being as transparent as possible in the mod actions.

If overall there's a wish for stronger wording or even a formated mod post then let it know here though, opinions may vary even within the staff

As for transparency, I try my best but I must say it takes a lot of time to formulate things properly and in a concise way, even this scruffy post probably took me 20mn or so.

If overall there's a wish for stronger wording or even a formated mod post then let it know here though, opinions may vary even within the staff
I might be shooting myself in the foot here, lol, but: yes. I think a more clear mod message would be favorable. It'd prevent undesired discussions from continuing ad infinitum.

While moderation is generally good on IB, i think this is one situation where you've been too nice in the past. But that's just my opinion. Maybe let's see how next time it goes when a similar situation arises :eek:

Edit: that "thanks" has me scared now, @Lelouch0612 :p

Last edited:
@Fisico initial response was already quite clear, if you still need a firmer response than that you might just need to work on yourself and how to read things to be honest.

If a Mod or actually anyone else dedicates a full post to just comment on where the current discussion is headed you need to think for yourself if it's worth pushing it, since there is already at least one person that isn't a fan of it, regardless of the reasoning.

In the end this is a community and if your posts push the discussion in a direction that is for whatever reason counter productive, it's okay to take that step back.

The firmer responses should probably only be used when nothing else works and multiple members are engaged in a somewhat heated or unproductive discussion.

Which reminds me of a couple of days ago where people were pushing the Dragon Quest vs. Final Fantasy debate. I made it clear early that this discussion isn't worth it, both IPs are essential to Square Enix and pitting them against each other wouldn't do us any good.

People still went ahead with it and when I logged back in i saw that Fiendslayer was banned for good.

It sucks but as Fisico said we are all grown ups here and sometimes you just need to read the room and adjust you behaviour if needed.

PS. To be fair I don't know what the initial post was about since it has already been edited. But i also don't think it really matters because the user in question got the message just fine based on what Fisico posted.

This might already exist, but I think there needs to be a way to mark a post that was commented on by a mod, even if it was a mild comment by the mod. If the comment is mild or not a warning to the person, maybe a light pinkish mark (?) And if necessary mark several posts from that discussion.

What happens too many times is that Person X writes a post, mod Y comments on it in some way, but either as a reply to that post or as a post separate from everything else. What happens then is that Readers A, B and Z just see Post X and respond straight away since they have not reached/seen yet the mod comment... And so the unwanted discussion continues.

This might already exist, but I think there needs to be a way to mark a post that was commented on by a mod, even if it was a mild comment by the mod. If the comment is mild or not a warning to the person, maybe a light pinkish mark (?) And if necessary mark several posts from that discussion.

What happens too many times is that Person X writes a post, mod Y comments on it in some way, but either as a reply to that post or as a post separate from everything else. What happens then is that Readers A, B and Z just see Post X and respond straight away since they have not reached/seen yet the mod comment... And so the unwanted discussion continues.
Like Fisico mentionned we have the following way to highlight a mod post

Mod Post
Let's refocus on the thread's main topic

But we used it as a stronger measure. If for clarity's sake it is preferable to use every time, we can consider it.

Like Fisico mentionned we have the following way to highlight a mod post

Mod Post
Let's refocus on the thread's main topic

But we used it as a stronger measure. If for clarity's sake it is preferable to use every time, we can consider it.
I think Pooroomoo meant a highlight on the post that sparked mod action, not the mod post itself.

If the mod post is 10 pages after the post that derailed a thread or something, some people might keep replying to it cause they didn't see the mod post.
If it's really bad, the post might be flagged with a warning or a ban that was given to the poster, but that's not always the case when it comes to derailing.

I think Pooroomoo meant a highlight on the post that sparked mod action, not the mod post itself.

If the mod post is 10 pages after the post that derailed a thread or something, some people might keep replying to it cause they didn't see the mod post.
If it's really bad, the post might be flagged with a warning or a ban that was given to the poster, but that's not always the case when it comes to derailing.
What Rouk' said. Even when not a warning or a ban, the original post/s need to be highlighted in some way (or maybe a mod edit to the original post adding a link to the mod post) so people know they need to read before posting.

It is not even 10 pages after a post, I often see a mod post having been missed when it was 3 posts away from the "bad" post.

about manga anime threads
a thread can be opened just for people to share their accounts(AniList MyAnimeList etc.)
and with a rule like this "It is forbidden for a person to have more than one post"
and "Just Link, and maybe self-introduction (about manga/anime)"
Take this as a question, not a suggestion. I'm not sure if there is need for this

a thread can be opened just for people to share their accounts(AniList MyAnimeList etc.)
and with a rule like this "It is forbidden for a person to have more than one post"
Take this as a question, not a suggestion. I'm not sure if there is need for this
I believe that for this, the "About you" section on profiles would be the most appropriate place. There you can link websites, identities (twitter handle) and write about you (and add hyperlinks as well). Most people don't check this section and I don't remember seeing many edited "About You"s in most profiles I checked though.

But if we know about the anime everyone has watched we'll never be able to look at each other anymore forever >_>

:p

Been a minute since I posted in this thread. I'm not that convinced that if the moderators subforum was made public that it would be that dissimilar to Resetera's.

Been a minute since I posted in this thread. I'm not that convinced that if the moderators subforum was made public that it would be that dissimilar to Resetera's.
Can you be a bit more specific ? Not quite sure what you are getting at without context.

Can there be a way to disencourage snappy potshots at ERA? I know the website has a connection to how this place was founded, but it's just annoying to me to read a conversation and people go "oh but resetera is doing that" "oh but the purple site has dumb opinions" "don't believe what you read in resetera". I don't know if I'm the only one bothered, but it's just irrelevant to the current discussion 99% of the time and it's just a way to, idk, make you feel better than """the other website"""? Who cares about (your perception of) what other people in other places think?

I don't think this happens often enough to warrant an extra rule, actually the name and site are rarely mentioned on IB to be honest.

Best thing to do would be to just report the posts if it has a negative effect on the discussion, this might lead to more of it's backed by multiple reported posts over a period. Otherwise people in one way or another will always reference other places and discussions, not any difference than reddit,twitter or whatever since the context of where or when you read something can be relevant to the discussion or the statement you are making.

With this being said I'm obviously not a regular in all big IB threads but outside of some exceptions the place doesn't really get mentioned, since it, as you correctly said, doesn't add much to the discussion at hand.

Apart from using Resetera as some kind of ultimate judge I don't see problem using it as source for some news. But I agree it's getting annoying reading what's good or bad about that place is as if everyone reads or cares for what is posted there.

To be clear, I don't mind referring to the website or using it as a source when appropriate, my intention is far from wanting the site to not be mentioned at all. Linking a thread with relevant information is fine, my issue lies with comments about the userbase, or what the overall opinion there is, or how people are behaving in a certain manner.

Maybe it really does not happen as often to warrant much consideration and I'm just giving too much attention to the times it does happen, but it did get to me, so it's worth a try, I guess. It happens enough to be noticeable by me, at least.

Is there a way to have that show up when posting? People just tend to not see it.
There's a way, yes. @Jaysc maybe we can always put those mod posts around the reply box ?
To be clear, I don't mind referring to the website or using it as a source when appropriate, my intention is far from wanting the site to not be mentioned at all. Linking a thread with relevant information is fine, my issue lies with comments about the userbase, or what the overall opinion there is, or how people are behaving in a certain manner.

Maybe it really does not happen as often to warrant much consideration and I'm just giving too much attention to the times it does happen, but it did get to me, so it's worth a try, I guess. It happens enough to be noticeable by me, at least.
Thanks for the feedback, I agree that it is unecessary, we'll see what can be done.

Apparently some on this forum see the value of calling out what one might consider a shit take without any constructive component or counter argument woven into the criticism. I'm of the opinion that if someone claims to work in the industry and posts on Resetera their thoughts are subject to thoughtful criticism if the thought is important enough to discuss, as if it were from anywhere else. Resetera's admin/mod team and the members who sympathize with that contemptuous lot have a vested interest in having the verified members be unassailable sources are truth.

The Media Create threads and the members that posted in them who gave birth to this place never subscribed to that thought as far as I could tell. Every piece of information and it's source was taken with a grain of salt and on a few occasions theories put forth to the contrary of the official word ended up vindicated in the fullness of time.

The attitude that a particular source should be off limits to criticism is ridiculous and like Vgchartz before it Resetera has become fertile ground for unusually bad takes owing to the people that run that website.

As for your idea of working on a Grasshopper Manufacture Output Strategy thread, go for it! My advise would be to expand it & create one for Netease Games, so you can include Nagoshi Studio, Quantic Dream & Sakura Studio as well as Grasshopper but its up to you.
With Grasshopper having released a second tease for their upcoming project today, I wanted to revisit this. Having put thought into it, I do agree that having a larger NetEase thread would ultimately be the better option. That said, I do not think I would be the best person to make it. I have very little knowledge (or interest) in Nagoshi Studio or Sakura Studio and to be blunt as much I want to believe IB can be mature, I expect most Quantic Dream news to be met with pedantic comments that won't be worth the effort. If someone wants to do a NetEase Output Thread, I'll pass along whatever work/knowledge I have on the Grasshopper thread, otherwise I will press ahead on that.

With Grasshopper having released a second tease for their upcoming project today, I wanted to revisit this. Having put thought into it, I do agree that having a larger NetEase thread would ultimately be the better option. That said, I do not think I would be the best person to make it. I have very little knowledge (or interest) in Nagoshi Studio or Sakura Studio and to be blunt as much I want to believe IB can be mature, I expect most Quantic Dream news to be met with pedantic comments that won't be worth the effort. If someone wants to do a NetEase Output Thread, I'll pass along whatever work/knowledge I have on the Grasshopper thread, otherwise I will press ahead on that.
All good, didn't mean to pressure you to write about something that doesn't interests you. The vacant Embracer Group thread is a case in point of biting of more than you can chew. Besides, there'll be plenty of time to discuss NetEase once its various studios announce games down the line. Looking forward to reading your Grasshopper Manufacture Output Strategy Thread.
Currently six Output Strategy threads, links below with the OP author, hopefully they can all reply & confirm if they're going to still update each thread (no pressure).

@Abzeronow - OP STATUS - Morph Ball rolling forward with SEGA & Square Enix OPs, hiding & using Phantom Cloak to evade prowling EMbracerGroupMIs.
@Phantom Thief - OP STATUS - Phantom Thief by username, Phantom Thief by nature, too busy sneaking around the Atlus thread to visit our Velvet Room today.
@Ryuichi Naruhodo - OP STATUS - I understand CAPCOM (You don't have to explain... Really.)
@KR_EP - OP STATUS - Henshin-a-Go-Go Baby! PlatinumGames never loses its OP lustre.

Made:

PlatinumGames - @KR_EP
SEGA - @Abzeronow
Square Enix - @Abzeronow

Assigned:
Kadokawa / FROM SOFTWARE / Spike Chunsoft - @KR_EP
Grasshopper Manufacture - @Tungsten

Vacant:
Embracer Group - 12 separate business departments, the level 1 naked fun run playthrough, the masocore of Output Strategy discussions. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the thread?
Bandai Namco - good suggestion by @Abzeronow - yet to be taken up by anyone. You fear the Gundam Jazz!
Latest for anyone thinking of making a thread. Decided to reign in my draft for a Kadokawa / From Software / Spike Chunsoft thread to refocus OPs to be about current & future strategy. But if anyone here from the new fangled Manga Sales discussion has any useful details & links about Kadokawa Corporation, its myriad of publications, key staff & licenses, please let me know.

I'm not sure if this is the best space to include this piece of feedback, but I personally would like a toogle for the "Quoted by" Box. At first I thought it was just a matter of getting used to it, but I'm finding it very disruptive when I'm scrolling trhough the forum.

I'm not sure if this is the best space to include this piece of feedback, but I personally would like a toogle for the "Quoted by" Box. At first I thought it was just a matter of getting used to it, but I'm finding it very disruptive when I'm scrolling trhough the forum.
Currently no easy way to implement so I'll have to look into it.

Hi, sorry to bother. Is it possible to consider adding an "altert mod of thread" functionality? For example if a thread is getting too off topic or slowly becoming fill with hostile comments but there is no one that is particularly at fault to report. Well I guess that mods are checking the threads constantly so this might be redundant

Hi, sorry to bother. Is it possible to consider adding an "altert mod of thread" functionality? For example if a thread is getting too off topic or slowly becoming fill with hostile comments but there is no one that is particularly at fault to report. Well I guess that mods are checking the threads constantly so this might be redundant
I think this might be a good idea in the future if the site gets more popular and there aren’t enough mods.

Though it’ll have to be stressed that it can only be used in situations where it has to be used.

For me personally just report your own post if you commented in the topic. This is generally used when user start a topic with the opening post if they want to make mods aware and/or to change something.
It will not have any negative effect on your account.

Of course, this would not help if you didn't comment in the topic but might be a temporarily solution.
If you didn't post in the topic, just report the opening post.

Last edited:
Is it possible / feasible to block views of replies in prediction league until it is over? I think it can add more thrill and suspense to it. Also, while no one is trying to copy another's prediction, I'm sure most people (me included) glance others' predictions and get influenced by them somehow, be it consciously or subconsciously. Revealing at the end, together with brief summary like median, can add extra thing to look forward to and perhaps often with surprise elements and a bit more post dicussions around it, rather than just predicting and only waiting for results. While this may hinder people seeking clarifications, I'm sure there are ways around it.

Also, as I'm currently feeling sadistic, maybe we can introduce another theme (in addition to light and dark) that is non-choosable and it is HIDEOUS (but functional). Lock this theme to anyone who came in last place in the prediction league for 1 month <3

Is it possible / feasible to block views of replies in prediction league until it is over? I think it can add more thrill and suspense to it. Also, while no one is trying to copy another's prediction, I'm sure most people (me included) glance others' predictions and get influenced by them somehow, be it consciously or subconsciously. Revealing at the end, together with brief summary like median, can add extra thing to look forward to and perhaps often with surprise elements and a bit more post dicussions around it, rather than just predicting and only waiting for results. While this may hinder people seeking clarifications, I'm sure there are ways around it.

Also, as I'm currently feeling sadistic, maybe we can introduce another theme (in addition to light and dark) that is non-choosable and it is HIDEOUS (but functional). Lock this theme to anyone who came in last place in the prediction league for 1 month <3
Interesting suggestions :p

We are working on a big revamp of the Prediction side in 2023 so feedback is appreciated !

I would LOVE that :p

My P5R prediction once again killed me this month, lol, so I decided to not go in first for November. But if everyone had to predict blindly without being able to check what others predict, that'd probably make for a much broad range of predictions and thus more interesting results. If that's possible, I'm absolutely for it. +1

I love this first idea myself. Not sure about the other. I'm biased though as I've been last in predictions 😃

Do you think it would be a good idea to add the Install Base logo to our graphs? Many get reuploaded on other sites, often without mention of this forum. The lack of credit bothers me too but what I'm really getting at is that I think we could take this as an opportunity to make more people aware that this forum exists and offers unique quality content.

I can see two downsides:
1. No matter how well-placed and discreet the logo is, it'll make any graph ever so slightly worse by adding a visual element that doesn't have anything to do with the data, taking a bit of the eye's focus away from what actually matters.
2. Adding the Install Base logo to a graph has a lot of weight as it would act like a stamp of approval on its quality, which might not reflect the view of this site's owners or overall community.

So with that in mind, any thoughts on this idea?

I almost wanted to ask if you have a Resetera account when someone posted one of your latest graphs over there, even in the OP.

Thought about adding a logo of sorts, too, but as you say, an IB-logo would create affiliation which IB-owners might not want. Difficult.

It could also be a problem for the graph creators, if they decided to publish graphs on other sites. But only a minor problem, since these could be regenerated with different logos.

Instead of an IB logo, why not a personalized "name logo"?
Tokuiten / PillFencer / Ystad / WhoEver in a stylish font, very light gray (assuming white background) behing the graphs and a small but distinct in one corner?

And for some graphs, which IB overlords would approve of, maybe some kind of Nintendo IB Seal of Approval? (half joking)

Yeah really not a fan of seeing the creations of IB members just being used online without giving credit.

It might just be me but the point of a watermark is to both identify the origin of the content but also to be pretty hard to remove (without harming the visibility of the content itself)

That's why it's often put at some place on the content that would make it hard to remove it, here for someone with ill intents it's a rather easy thing to do. The more efficient way often used is to have it on a different layer behind the content with a low opacity setting (like 20%).

Yeah, I personally think the point of this (I might be mistaken, though) is less to create a strong watermark and more to just give the charts an easy identifier. Most people aren't really _taking credit_ for them, I don't think? Just reposting them, which that easily solves. I just don't see most people care about actively taking away the credit.

It might be because I'm a bit dumb, but if I wasn't aware of Install Base existence, I would read [email protected] as an email address lol

My personal opinion regarding the watermark subject is that, while, personally, I am not bothered about not getting credits, I think that having something like a watermark pointing to Install Base would be good for growing the community and reaching more people. That said, the Logo might be a bit flawed way of doing that, since the logo alone doesn't mean much for someone that never heard about Install Base. Although, it does help a bit, because if you search for "Hiska-kun" on google, you will get first results pointing to Resetera and Neogaf and only later pointing to Install Base, so someone really interested would be able to undertand that this is the current place the community is using. I agree with @Tokuiten suggestion of using the website address because it sounds more intuitive to me!

Posted on: InstallBaseForum.com / Posted By: Username
To follow-up on the graph discussion, the following format seems to fit pretty well : discrete, credits both the user and the forum, not easily cropable ...

Zq7ROPF.png

Thanks @PillFencer for the work on this. Tell us if you find it good ;)

I am still thinking of launching a Twitter account "Install Base Graph of the Day" that would highlight the best contributions but I wanted to clear this up first so we avoid people stealing the members' graphs for their own benefits.

That came to my mind, too.
A hidden prediction without influence would have both advantages and disadvantages.

That's a great idea, hope it gets realized.

@KR_EP I don't have anything to add just wanted to say that i appreciate the comments and insights you provide in your posts. Lots of useful and interesting information.
Wanted to draw attention to a wholesome post in the Koei Tecmo Q2 FY3/2023 Financial Results thread, put a smile on my face, a spring in my step, as I've been enjoying posting here & in recent weeks, decided to look into pursuing a career in video-game writing as a result. Not much to report on that now, so I'll respond in kind through the power-pop medium of The Lethal Weapons:

Output Strategy Update:
Currently six Killer 7 Output Strategy threads, links below with the OP author, hopefully they can all reply & confirm if they're going to still update each thread (no pressure).

@Abzeronow - OP STATUS - Morph Ball rolling forward with SEGA & Square Enix OPs, hiding & using Phantom Cloak to evade prowling EMbracerGroupMIs.
@Phantom Thief - OP STATUS - Phantom Thief by username, Phantom Thief by nature, too busy sneaking around the Atlus thread to visit our Velvet Room today.
@Ryuichi Naruhodo - OP STATUS - I understand CAPCOM (You don't have to explain... Really.)
@KR_EP - OP STATUS - Henshin-a-Go-Go Baby! PlatinumGames never loses its OP lustre. Kadokawa / FROM SOFTWARE / Spike Chunsoft needs a little work (if anyone wants FROM all to themselves, just say).
Made:
Atlus - @Phantom Thief
CAPCOM - @Ryuichi Naruhodo
PlatinumGames - @KR_EP
SEGA - @Abzeronow
Square Enix - @Abzeronow
Early Access:
Kadokawa / FROM SOFTWARE / Spike Chunsoft - @KR_EP

In More Than Safe Hands:
Grasshopper Manufacture - @Tungsten
Vacant Allotment:
Embracer Group - 12 separate business departments, the level 1 naked fun run playthrough, the masocore of Output Strategy discussions. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the thread?
Bandai Namco - good suggestion by @Abzeronow - yet to be taken up by anyone. Do you fear the Gundam Jazz?

Last edited:
We are all adults here, but sometimes this place can feel like a safe place to go on unguarded rants. Reading these threads day in and day out for years on end breeds a certain familiarity that could lead to a passionate rant like that. The ban was only a day so in your eyes it was corrective, but this place was born from a day long ban if you remember. Maybe you should cut people some slack and correct them before reaching for the banhammer.

Agree that dismissing the origin of this place as a "one-day ban" is simplifying things too much, but I also think the ban wasn't needed.
To avoid derailing the other thread and to avoid any misunderstanding, when sanctions are decided they are based on the poster's past infractions.

In this case, it was already the 3rd.

A 1-day ban isn't a huge deal, but it is necessary sometimes to take action in order to avoid derails and additional drama.

Saw that forum is literally open to everyone who wanting to see posts. I don't like it. Previously was better. Forum was a low profile one with just first visible post. Now is nothing.

To avoid derailing the other thread and to avoid any misunderstanding, when sanctions are decided they are based on the poster's past infractions.

In this case, it was already the 3rd.

A 1-day ban isn't a huge deal, but it is necessary sometimes to take action in order to avoid derails and additional drama.
Are thread bans not a thing?

Something changed with the layout of the forum, the thread titles barely have space now compared to before.

I'm on Firefox, don't know if it helps.

4BoIhDJ.png

Also I've been meaning to ask, but is there going to be a option to allow the layout to "stretch" so it can fit the whole screen? Plenty of wasted space on the left and right. No clue if it's too much work to enable something like that though.

Something changed with the layout of the forum, the thread titles barely have space now compared to before.

I'm on Firefox, don't know if it helps.

Also I've been meaning to ask, but is there going to be a option to allow the layout to "stretch" so it can fit the whole screen? Plenty of wasted space on the left and right. No clue if it's too much work to enable something like that though.
Is this still an issue? It looks normal for me right now. Could you be zoomed in?

For the stretching:
You can install a plugin/extension like Stylus and add your own CSS rule.

CSS:
@-moz-document domain("installbaseforum.com") {
    @media (min-width:1200px) {.p-body-inner,.p-sectionLinks-inner,.p-nav-inner,.p-header-inner,.p-staffBar-inner{max-width:100%}}
}

Back
Top Bottom