• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Black Friday: how aggressive will they be ?

BLACK-FRIDAY.png.webp

This is a November tradition. Every year, publishers and platform-holders alike are fighting for consumers' interests through deep discounts and special promotions. With the rise of online shopping, it even became a longer event culminating on Cyber Monday. The 2023 edition will be spread between Friday November 24th to Monday November 27th. However, we are now often seeing deals that start even before that.

This thread will aim to centralize discussions about each platform holder strategy for their consoles, and how publishers will take advantage from it with their older and newer titles.

Confirmed

Rumored

What offers do you expect from the console holders during Black Friday ? Which games are going to soar during the month ?

Let's hear your guesses ;)

I paid 150 USD+tax for a Series S back at the beginning of March through a limited time deal with Verizon (I didn't have Verizon but the codes worked even without needing to have their service). I think if Microsoft sets that same price at the national level for Black Friday that it would sell very, very well. I think that's really a solid price to be so enticing to people like back when I picked up a PS4-Spiderman bundle for $200 at GameStop for Black Friday. In neither case was I honestly looking for a console (I'm practically a full 100% PC gamer) but because the deal seemed so good both times I made practically spontaneous purchases. I think getting more people to make those spontaneous purchases could be a great way for Microsoft to expand its GamePass subscriber base further.

Bilbill teasing another offer.

*REDACTED* upcoming Black Friday Offer is just *REDACTED*, at least according to what I've seen in one Europe country
And it's even *REDACTED* than its direct competitor's offer revealed here

Sorry, I can't say anything now, or I'll get some *REDACTED* 🤐

I paid 150 USD+tax for a Series S back at the beginning of March through a limited time deal with Verizon (I didn't have Verizon but the codes worked even without needing to have their service). I think if Microsoft sets that same price at the national level for Black Friday that it would sell very, very well. I think that's really a solid price to be so enticing to people like back when I picked up a PS4-Spiderman bundle for $200 at GameStop for Black Friday. In neither case was I honestly looking for a console (I'm practically a full 100% PC gamer) but because the deal seemed so good both times I made practically spontaneous purchases. I think getting more people to make those spontaneous purchases could be a great way for Microsoft to expand its GamePass subscriber base further.
150$ for the Series S won't happen imho. However, you are right that the S model is the one that could go into impulse buy territory and would be a good BF pick for a Discount.

250$ + Starfield maybe ?

I wonder if Microsoft can, and if they want to, put a CoD MWIII code on any Xbox Series X|S to drive demand. Woundn't be a "bundle". Just a free giveway.

I can see a U$50,00 off on all Xbox SKUs.

I wonder how agressive Sony will be. Would they discount the new PS5 Slim? I remember the massive U$199,90 PS4 + Spiderman. Sold really great.

Nintendo? LoL, no idea.

PS5 Spider-Man 2 bundle will be $499.

Maybe, just maybe standalone “fat” PS5 will be $449.

Series X $449
Series S $249

Switch OLED + Mario Kart 8 and 3 months online $349

Normal switch + Mario Kart 8 and 3 months online $299.

All in all, the only real price cuts might come from both Sony and MS…. Or maybe just MS.

Sony will have to be very aggressive if they do plan on making that 25m target.

They did the $199 Spider-Man PS4 bundle in 2018 which was probably the craziest deal we saw last generation. So maybe they'll do something similarly crazy, $399 Spider-Man bundle (not limited edition).

Sony will be as aggressive as they need to be to sell all the old stock by year end.
I could see that Spiderman old SKU bundle go for 450$, maybe even 399$.

Don't think they will do much with the Slim until old stock is gone. It'll have some demand just by being new and smaller.

Auchan (French retailer) upcoming deals
  • November 21st to November 27th
  • Sonic Superstars (NSW) at 29.99€
  • Elden Ring (Xbox) at 29.99€
  • Final Fantasy XVI at 39.99€
  • EA FC 24 (PS5) at 49.99€
  • NBA 2K24 Kobe Bryant Edition (PS4) at 19.99€

Kohls in the US has released their BF Ad, no signs of any video games deals.

But it seems that my predictions might be right. Especially for PS5, MW3/Spider-Man 2 bundles for $499

No price cuts for Switch bundles.

And $50 cut for series X/S

I don't think Smash Ultimate has ever received an official price cut, so seeing it bundled kinda is like a "last resort" for Nintendo. Not in the "doomed" way, but in the "push every console we can" way

So here's what I think Nintendo will do:

- Europe : OLED bundle with Mario Kart, standard model bundled with Switch Sports, Lite bundled with Animal Crossing.

- US : OLED bundle with Smash (or Mario Kart?), standard model bundled with Mario Kart, Lite bundled with Animal Crossing.

- Japan : Lite bundled with Animal Crossing.

Did we get the ps5 bf price in Europe yet?

Ignore me, found it.

Last edited:
There is deal going on in Spain, €399 standard edition PS5. Website promise delivery in few weeks.

Vodafone is promoting in its press room disc PS5 for 14,99€/24 months. That is 360€ in total.

Can't check myself because the marketplace is for Vodafone customers only.

Could it be the best possible offer this BF?

Vodafone is promoting in its press room disc PS5 for 14,99€/24 months. That is 360€ in total.

Can't check myself because the marketplace is for Vodafone customers only.

Could it be the best possible offer this BF?

This is only for new customers who contract €40/m mobile plan with vodafone.

Description: Microsoft is offering a Xbox Series X + CoD MW 3 for €489,00. Likely a Black Friday offer. That's a €130,00 discount.

I don't get how Sony can allow this. They spent what I assume is a lot of money on marketing rights for CoD, and now Microsoft can still offer a CoD bundle. I understand the difference between the two bundles, but in practice they're essentially the same. Weird.

Nintendo Black Friday deals in the US, from November 19th:

• Smash OLED bundle at 349.99$
  • Super Mario Party Joycon bundle at 99.99$
  • Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Odyssey at 39.99$
  • Tropical Freeze, Kirby's Return to DreamLand, Minecraft Legends at 29.99$
  • Everybody 1-2 Switch at 19.99$

Honestly, I'm surprised that Nintendo didn't keep bringing back the Super Mario Party/Joycon bundle back more times. That was a big hit when it first came out.

I wonder if some of those games, especially the $30 ones, are ones Nintendo over-printed and needs to clear stock of those copies.

Horse game was most likely over-printed so $20 isn't too shocking. $30 Kirby this fast is nice

No Mario Kart OLED in the US
There is really no need to for 2 hardware bundles with the same game.

Seems like PAL regions will get Switch Sports standard Switch bundle + Mario Kart Switch OLED bundle while America gets Mario Kart standard Switch bundle + Smash Bros Switch OLED bundle. All regions (America, PAL, Japan) will get the the Animal Crossing Switch Lite bundles.

For Europe it seems that the bundles will be:

Xbox Series X MW3 bundle €489
PS5 Phat MW3 Bundle €499.

No price confirmation for the UK.

For US:
PS5 Slim MW3 Bundle $499
PS5 Slim Spider-Man 2 Bundle ???
PS5 phat Spider-Man 2 Bundle $499 at Walmart on Nov 8th.

Xbox Series X Diablo IV Bundle Maybe $449??

The rest, we don’t know yet but BF is closing in.

Last edited:
Fat PS5 Spidey 2 bundle is $499 at Amazon, Best Buy and PS Direct.

Unlike Walmart, there’s no membership required.

€399 for Series X for BF
That's very aggressive for MS and a deeper discount that initially reported.

Hopefully for theme this will convince players to jump into their ecosystem.

That's very aggressive for MS and a deeper discount that initially reported.

Hopefully for theme this will convince players to jump into their ecosystem.

Narrator voice : It didn't.

On a serious note though I don't think the series will be up YoY in France which is crazy cause it selling at Wii U levels.

Back
Top Bottom