• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Black Friday: how aggressive will they be ?

How much stock was there for the $349 deal?

Just by anecdotes it seemed like there was a decent amount. A ton of people online talking about and a good amount seemed to get one. didn't seem like a no stock deal. This one got a ton of internet traction.

altho it has slowed down a lot with the coupon nerf of course i'm still watching the tiktok Series S link because i love numbers. 3,842. almost 4k. i guess thats the final tally because when i click through on my phone it says "this item has been removed". not bad for one SKU one retailer in a couple days i guess. it's more than XBS Spain or Japan weekly sales last week.

Last edited:
If I wasn't out of town I would have definitely tried to snag a PS5 at my local Target, I doubt it'll go for $350 again for a long time.

Maybe I'll have better luck with the slim next Black Friday, but ugh I hate its design lol

Does anyone know why Sony is putting the new PS5 disc model on sale, at 550 euros and 500 dollars?

It is a cheaper model to make, right? They should have a big discount on the BF, just like the ps5 fat....

Because they want the „fat model“ gone before any discounts for the slim. If they discount both at the same time, consumer would naturally choose the newer product (like Amazon US where the slim SM2 bundle ranks far better than the fat version). I believe it’s possible that discounts will start near christmas.
Although the first thing could be reducing the price of the disc slim back to launch levels in europe.

Because they want the „fat model“ gone before any discounts for the slim. If they discount both at the same time, consumer would naturally choose the newer product (like Amazon US where the slim SM2 bundle ranks far better than the fat version). I believe it’s possible that discounts will start near christmas.
Although the first thing could be reducing the price of the disc slim back to launch levels in europe.
but in Spain and almost all of Europe the fat model is gone... and the new one is priced at 550... it seems like a shot in the foot to me, especially when the competition is going very strong and Sony needs to sell 25M yes or yes, or the host in the bag in March is going to be very fat.....well they will know.

I think they set a too ambitious goal

Because they also don’t want to lose too much money, they said in their financial presentation that they won’t sacrifice profits to reach their 25M goal, (all these deals in Europe seem to me like they are already taking a huge hit both to revenue and profits but things in Europe weren’t going as smooth as they hoped I guess).

Because they also don’t want to lose too much money, they said in their financial presentation that they won’t sacrifice profits to reach their 25M goal, (all these deals in Europe seem to me like they are already taking a huge hit both to revenue and profits but things in Europe weren’t going as smooth as they hoped I guess).
it should be that Sony already made their money. all these sales in Europe should be on the stores

but in Spain and almost all of Europe the fat model is gone... and the new one is priced at 550... it seems like a shot in the foot to me, especially when the competition is going very strong and Sony needs to sell 25M yes or yes, or the host in the bag in March is going to be very fat.....well they will know.

I think they set a too ambitious goal
In my opinion they underestimated the cost of living crisis in major parts of the world but especially in europe. When they made their forecast Sony believed that inflation would reduce far sooner and the economy would not face such uncertainty.
I believe Sony will reduce the slim price at the latest next quarter to launch levels in europe and bundle „free“ games.
The sad thing is: selling over 20 million consoles in a year should be cause for celebration but possibly not teaching those lofty goals will only led to disappointment.

Edit: and concerning the competition. In my local Expert store approximately 20 PS5s were sold over this week and this without discount. The two Series X for 399€ are unsold even now. Could be because retail PS5s were rare to find and the options in my rural place are limited. Even so MS had no marketing. Sony and Nintendo on the other hand could not be overlooked. The moment you visited the store two big displays advertised the PS5 and Switch. MS is invisible in comparison.

Last edited:
I think Sony is just flexing their market position at this point with them not needing to discount the slim PS5 the way that they did a permanent price cut when the PS4 slim came out.

I think Sony is just flexing their market position at this point with them not needing to discount the slim PS5 the way that they did a permanent price cut when the PS4 slim came out.
Those cuts of the past are associated with process node shrinks that are becoming nearly impossible to pull off. PS4 went from 28nm to 16nm. PS5 went from 7nm to 6nm, which no one touts as a huge cost saver.

Cheap mid-gen refreshes are now a relic of the past.

BF is the biggest day in terms of deals/sales compared to CyberMonday

Asked because in last couple of years CM grew greatly in overall revenue, despite it is online only.

wKQr7VO8pgCpBfjP7x8B0XXdgZj1wjp0Ybe4cxblRnhpHLDB1T-LOQW1YZsLpZLwZ39z1dZKLd4aVhTnFu0b2pyFseVJQTVFQQ-02iIDjrMh4DkUj1jrXvNVVZ8_svjSOL3YFxSwY7c_ECB_IsKuax4

Last edited:
Asked because in last couple of years CM grew greatly in overall revenue, despite it is online only.

wKQr7VO8pgCpBfjP7x8B0XXdgZj1wjp0Ybe4cxblRnhpHLDB1T-LOQW1YZsLpZLwZ39z1dZKLd4aVhTnFu0b2pyFseVJQTVFQQ-02iIDjrMh4DkUj1jrXvNVVZ8_svjSOL3YFxSwY7c_ECB_IsKuax4

Well, it seems that Online only. If you put brick-and-mortar stores into the BF, it's still on top.

But, this BF deals were awful with only a few exceptions.

Xbox Series X 1tb is $399 at Amazon US after $49.xx coupon applied

? Dont see any coupon The X is just 449. In addition although in stock, it's being sold by 3rd party seller antonline and comes with this note
  • This item is sold by a third-party seller. The discount is provided by Amazon.

alrighty then. xbox shitshow on amazon continues. but i wouldn't expect much stock.

Seems like it was a thing though, it was cited online here https://www.windowscentral.com/gami...-at-last-minute-with-lowest-price-of-all-time

And probably related the #2 best selling Xbox console on Amazon bestseller list is a dead link. Maybe the removed 399 deal. Maybe they jumped the gun.

Either this went out of stock instantly, or I just cannot find it.

? Dont see any coupon The X is just 449. In addition although in stock, it's being sold by 3rd party seller antonline and comes with this note
  • This item is sold by a third-party seller. The discount is provided by Amazon.

alrighty then. xbox shitshow on amazon continues. but i wouldn't expect much stock.

Seems like it was a thing though, it was cited online here https://www.windowscentral.com/gami...-at-last-minute-with-lowest-price-of-all-time

And probably related the #2 best selling Xbox console on Amazon bestseller list is a dead link. Maybe the removed 399 deal. Maybe they jumped the gun.
Was in stock for less than 6 hours haha

399 xbox at ebay/buydig with 20% off coupon HOLIDAYSAVE20.

has a sold number (already at 928, not sure if the promo has been ongoing for a bit and just wasnt publicized online, or if these are pre-coupon sales) that could be fun to watch if stock last for a bit. or just nobody wants it as i'm not seeing counter increase currently lol.

fwiw series x 349 at target seems to be moving units. i checked maybe 8 am this morning, my local store had 7 in stock. just checked again here a hour or two later and its sold out. guess people are not jaded on 349 xbox yet.

fwiw series x 349 at target seems to be moving units. i checked maybe 8 am this morning, my local store had 7 in stock. just checked again here a hour or two later and its sold out. guess people are not jaded on 349 xbox yet.
That's an insane deal. Crazy deal to pass up. Xbox brand is still strong in the USA.

Microsoft with their internal tracking already knew these terrible numbers Xbox did in november and decided to move.

Let's see if they can save the holidays in december, because the november sales were so bad.

Back
Top Bottom