• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Black Friday: how aggressive will they be ?

Sony is very aggressively trying to convert the EU PS4 players to PS5 after sending no stock last holiday season.
They seem to be fine with Spidey and the Slim to be the main demand drivers in US, preserving some hardware profitability.

Sony is very aggressively trying to convert the EU PS4 players to PS5 after sending no stock last holiday season.
Numbers will be very interesting this year.

UK's Black Friday Week in 2022 had the Switch with a market share of 42%, the Xbox Series at 40%, and PS5 with a small 18% of systems sold for that specific week, the PS5 digital edition received some small discounts but the main SKU was the £540 GOW:R alongside very low stock
This year, the stock is in full steam and the disc version is £389 with a free game in many stores and bundles for £410.

Also, European numbers for November 2022, saw the Switch as the best-selling system with more than 2X the units sold by the PS5 which was 2nd place.

Auchan decide to sold Xbox Series X for lower than the 390€ previously anonced:
It's now at 360€ with 2 games (Forza/Diablo + COD)

Xbox Series X + 2 jeux à 359.99€ chez auchan

Ms does not have to sell more than PS5, Ms must aspire to sell more than 2022 and 2021, and focused on everything they have in 2024, Toweborne, Hellblade 2, Mfs2024, Avowed, Cod black ops, Diablo 4 expansion etc etc

Microsoft might sell more Xbox consoles than Sony Playstation consoles this Black Friday in some few territories, but that does not mean much when you're being outsold so heavily during the full year.
That's like Xbox One.

Per Warfare's estimates, Xbox sold like ~9 million consoles each year on 2021 and 2022. If Microsoft can sell ~10 million a year, that's enough to keep Xbox viable.

Edit: Did Xbox sold 10 million consoles in a year before?

It'll be crazy when Amazon UK sells more Xbox's this week than Amazon US lmao (1>0)

This is xbox's time. Strong deals everywhere. If it doesn't do better than PS5 this month in US and UK then I don't think it ever will.
First 3 weeks of November practically ensure PS5 stays ahead that month in the US, regardless of Black Friday.

December is up for grabs depending on how close November is and how long Microsoft discounts the XBS for Christmas.

That's like Xbox One.

Per Warfare's estimates, Xbox sold like ~9 million consoles each year on 2021 and 2022. If Microsoft can sell ~10 million a year, that's enough to keep Xbox viable.

Edit: Did Xbox sold 10 million consoles in a year before?
Xbox 360 shipped +10M every year from 2008 to 2012.

Doesn't need to outsell PS5. It needs to grow and sell better than previous year.
Indeed, it doesn't need to. Just a comment, I do think looking at the deals available that this seems to be the strongest XBS has ever been relative to PS5 so it's an extremely interesting time to watch.

Indeed, it doesn't need to. Just a comment, I do think looking at the deals available that this seems to be the strongest XBS has ever been relative to PS5 so it's an extremely interesting time to watch.
This is the first time since 2014 that the price disparity has been this large between Xbox and PS.

2014 XB1 was $329 compared to PS4 $399
2015 both were $299
2016 both were $249
2017 XB1 was $189 compared to PS4 $199 ($10 whole dollars)
2018 both were $199 (MS couldn't afford the $10?)
2019 you could argue XB1 was $149 but that was the SAD, otherwise both were $199
2020 and 2021 are irrelevant
2022 had no Series X deals and Series S doesn't sell like the "main" Xbox
2023 Series X is $399/$439/$449 compared to PS5 $499

If Microsoft had these deals active the whole month like 2014 that would be something to see.

newegg through tiktok has some deal of 229 series s, then 50 off coupon=179. actually its posted on slick deals as 199>149 but i cant get that to work.

not sure how limited a quantity or if this will become as famous as the 199 verizon series s of last year.

Wario64
@Wario64
·
Follow
(ymmv) Xbox Series S is $179.99 on TIkTok Shop (Via Newegg) after 25% off coupon. New customer discount https://tiktok.com/view/product/1729408459308700374…some people reported as low as $149.99

Last edited:
the tiktok app even shows a sold number for welfare lol. currently 763 sold on that S deal lol. was something like 459 a while ago when i looked. i'll keep checking it.

weird some slickdealer seem to report their order tiktok series S got canceled as oos via email. but the sold counter keeps going up so...??

i wouldnt trust slickdealers tbh, they are a unreliable bunch. but, i wont order one myself to see, even though i'm vaguely kicking around the idea. i already have an x but for some reason i'm obsessed with that little x-screen you can put on the S. i want it so bad for no particular reason. the x-screen runs 170 though, so even with a 150 S you'd be looking at 320. the same concept wont really work on the X because of its dimensions. sure you can get a portable monitor i have one, but it's just not all nice and tidy.

anyways at least the counter is at 1694.

Last edited:
Steam sales have been disappointing personally but I feel like that's been the case for a while now. Feels like companies are being less liberal with sales than they were maybe 4-5 years ago.

That link has the number. Just installed this app for nothing!

961 sold. They're selling 2 a minute! Edit: It really is 2 a minute because it's at 963 now lol

Edit 1,066 as of 7:19 PM EST

1:03AM EST 2,023 units sold

deal seems to have petered out, 2,335 but not increasing as fast. in a nov xbox will sell 700k-1.2m, thats a relative drop in the bucket. claims deal continues for 5 days.

but i did notice delivery date says dec 4-8 (not sure if it was different before I noticed) so it's not super fast delivery perhaps because of low stock, that could be nerfing some interest. similar to how it typically works on amazon as soon as delivery date for a product slips.

i am surprised this didnt seem to catch more fire across the internet. maybe another sign of tepid S interest or maybe something else at work, lack of publicity, people not wanting to buy from tiktok or jump through hoops, late delivery date, maybe some orders are getting canceled.

the secret to getting 149 was discovered, you must buy another small few dollar item first (can even cancel it later probably). for some reason you actually only get the best deal as a returning customer, opposite of how it usually works.

Last edited:
Steam sales have been disappointing personally but I feel like that's been the case for a while now. Feels like companies are being less liberal with sales than they were maybe 4-5 years ago.
They used to have the "lightning deals" which were only good for an hour, 4 hours, or 8 hours. Those were the best deals that could be found during the Steam sale but unfortunately, they did away with those and kind of neutered the big Steam sale deals as a result. As a positive I guess that means I no longer camp on the store page at certain times of the day like I used to.

Tiktok Series S deal seems over. Coupon now states it caps at $20 off. Still 229-20 is not a bad deal, but given some issues like some people saying they were charging sales tax on the full 249 instead of the discounted price, some ppl evidently seeing 249 as the price, issues ordering etc, marginal deal now. i havent seen a single sales since i refreshed 5-10 minutes ago. tally is 2992.

hey, it beat spain week 46 weekly XBS sales (2000) in about a day lol.

Glad I personally staved off another purchase of something I dont need lol. So far doing decently this BF. Only bought Sonic Superstars for 30 that I probably already dont feel like playing that much lmao.

Tiktok Series S deal seems over. Coupon now states it caps at $20 off. Still 229-20 is not a bad deal, but given some issues like some people saying they were charging sales tax on the full 249 instead of the discounted price, some ppl evidently seeing 249 as the price, issues ordering etc, marginal deal now. i havent seen a single sales since i refreshed 5-10 minutes ago. tally is 2992.

hey, it beat spain week 46 weekly XBS sales (2000) in about a day lol.

Glad I personally staved off another purchase of something I dont need lol. So far doing decently this BF. Only bought Sonic Superstars for 30 that I probably already dont feel like playing that much lmao.
I see it at 3,199, but this is the first time I've checked today.

Looks like tommorow PS5 (regular disc) will go for 349.99 at target!

Quicker than I by about 15 seconds lol!

My reaction to this news...

boom.gif

Really trying to clear out that old stock.

$349 for a PS5 with drive is absolutely crazy deal.

I guess the stock is small, but people that manage to grab one will made an excellent purchase.

$349 for a PS5 with drive is absolutely crazy deal.

I guess the stock is small, but people that manage to grab one will made an excellent purchase.

Not a big amount for sure, but a great price. Good luck to the warriors who will attempt to get one.
I've seen footage of how... forceful buyers can get in the US during these type of sales 😱

eBay plus Australia had the PS5 phat disc + Nicheman 2 for $505 doliroos, the normal price for the package was $904 and Black Friday deal at most places is $679.

As for the US, Amazon has matches the $449 from GS and BB has the $449 price with BB Plus.

They are really trying to get to 25m shipped.

Last edited:
just for the deal itself though, not talking about the volume. haven't seen xbox x reach 349 by normal means (there are some goofy gift card discount stacking schemes going around).

the stock is likely limited here obviously

i guess technically it is the retailer doing the deal though not through sony.

just for the deal itself though, not talking about the volume. haven't seen xbox x reach 349 by normal means (there are some goofy gift card discount stacking schemes going around).

the stock is likely limited here obviously

i guess technically it is the retailer doing the deal though not through sony.

Most stores will have between 10-15 units.

But the $449 deal is also good.

In Spain today the new model arrives in the stores, they are already replacing the old one....and they have put it at 550.....will it be like this throughout Europe?

game, pccomponents etc....550🙃

In Spain today the new model arrives in the stores, they are already replacing the old one....and they have put it at 550.....will it be like this throughout Europe?

game, pccomponents etc....550🙃
In Finland they have put the price at 599€ for Slim.... I really don't know how they expect Slim to sell with that price after these price promotions. There have to be new promotions for christmas shopping period.

This is what competition is all about - getting the best deal out of these mega corpses for our benefit.

Very nice sales to be had, and I expect December may see a continued vigor regarding the fight for our time and money between Sony and Microsoft. Good, let them battle it out.

Back
Top Bottom