• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Sony FY 2021/22 Q3 earnings: 2nd best quarter ever (revenue), 3.9m PS5s (LTD: 17.3m)

Sony only released yearly hardware numbers for PS3 and only for the first 5 full fiscal years, they did give us the lifetime total as well. I have that data in this chart.

Console.png
PS4 had so much left to do. Thanks to pandemic induced stoppage of supply chains, the global chip shortage, clogged sea ports and inflation making manufacturing more expensive Jim Ryan got his "fast transition".

PS4 had so much left to do. Thanks to pandemic induced stoppage of supply chains, the global chip shortage, clogged sea ports and inflation making manufacturing more expensive Jim Ryan got his "fast transition".
Yes and no really. Hardware wise sure but I think it'd telling that they report out software as ps4 and ps5 like they did with psp and vita.

I'm very curious what there split is and how it compares with ps3/ps4 software

In Japan they've shipped around 350K during the past Quarter if Japan is 10% of WW shipment we are looking at 3.5M, however due to supply chain disruption it could be that other regions are way behind, we know the PS5 was 3rd until end of Feb in the NPD and it's way down in Spain, so it could be that Japan makes up more like 20% of all sales in which case PS5 would have only shipped 1.75M

It could have been worse but I think they were able to ship some PS5s in the final weeks so 2M is likely reached but not far above it.

Yes and no really. Hardware wise sure but I think it'd telling that they report out software as ps4 and ps5 like they did with psp and vita.

I'm very curious what there split is and how it compares with ps3/ps4 software
The software point is moot imo because of PS5 backwards compatibility. Sony's cross-gen approach might piss off the folks digital foundry and early adopters but it's the most consumer friendly. I'm sure developers don't mind it either.

Just an FYI, there was 3/4 calls in 18 days.

Date (JST)
May 10, 2022 (Tue) - FY2021 Earnings Announcement
May 18, 2022 (Wed) - Corporate Strategy Meeting
May 26, 27, 2022 - (Thu/Fri A.M. Only) Business Segment Briefings 2022

Back
Top Bottom