• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales Watch & Discussion Thread

They actually were. 2015 was best holiday season for PS4 during its life. it did over 1.5 million during both November and December. it had that same $299 promotion in November (during black friday weekend) and also COD bundles that did well.
You're right. Maybe the poster mistook 2015 for 2014 and I followed into the trap...

pExcPZR.png

Amazon is matching Costco
3 items per customer limit.

Any insights if this Series S SKU is selling good?
Amazon for whatever reason refuses to list the Series S in the best sellers list. Walmart only says +1000 have sold (looks to be the max milestone). Looking at some Target's in different zip codes, some stores have less than 10 remaining while others still have +10. It's been selling out of some GameStop's by me. Best Buy still has then in stock.

Basically impossible to tell right now unfortunately.

Will be interesting to see if Series S amazing deals will push Xbox for the win in november or PS5 with bigger supply will put Sony on top.

Not stock

Not stock

Seem ítem similar.....
If you're not from the US and/or you have a non US shipping address set at any Amazon website, it's not showing the item being sold by Amazon.com
Change your shipping address and it shows in stock for $239.99 still.

edit:
and_it's_gone.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like Target is indeed replenishing Series S stock whenever they sell out during the current sale (free $50 Target gift card with purchase of console). I initially thought they weren't replenishing stock, but in fact, they actually are. Just yesterday, 3 of the stores near me were sold out of Series S. But when I checked today, all 3 stores had stock again.

Series X: 28
Series S: 33
PS5 disc sku*: 44
Switch OLED: 77 and 78

For the amazon UK November chart, the series s is currently at #2 for the normal best sellers chart

Well we couldn't track the US but let's see how a good discount on the Series S does in the UK.

It's been hours and it's still in stock. It seems very strange to me that is still in stock at this price

Probably a combination of huge supply and slowing Series S demand. If an item is in super high demand, you wouldn't see such aggressive price cuts, like we are seeing right now with Series S. Also, if you look at Amazon UK yearly rankings, in 2021, Series S was the 11th best selling video game related item of the year. So far, in 2022, it's the 33rd best selling video game related item. With these aggressive price cuts, I'm sure it'll move up quite a bit in the yearly rankings, but I'm not so sure if it'll catch up to the 11th ranking from 2021. Will be interesting to see where this lands for the year, that's for sure.

It's been hours and it's still in stock. It seems very strange to me that is still in stock at this price
Probably a combination of huge supply and slowing Series S demand. If an item is in super high demand, you wouldn't see such aggressive price cuts, like we are seeing right now with Series S. Also, if you look at Amazon UK yearly rankings, in 2021, Series S was the 11th best selling video game related item of the year. So far, in 2022, it's the 33rd best selling video game related item. With these aggressive price cuts, I'm sure it'll move up quite a bit in the yearly rankings, but I'm not so sure if it'll catch up to the 11th ranking from 2021. Will be interesting to see where this lands for the year, that's for sure.
To add to this, Series S has been in stock on amazon UK for about 18 months at this point, I think it has very high inventory and little danger of going out of stock. It could sell quite a lot here.

Its now reached #1 in the best sellers, so going well.

Side note, whilst checking the chart I just noticed Sonic Frontiers is already half price ... oof. At least its doing pretty well at that price (PS5 version currently 11th).

I still stand by my word of slight Series S shortages in the US during this holiday season.
That new Fortnite Bundle for preorder is also OOS
MS is replenishing the x series very quickly, they had sold out at best buy and quickly there are again... what a shame about the starfield delays

I told ya that MS strategy in US (other countries as well, this time) has always been extremely aggressive pricing wise. This generation is no different.
They are already discounting the Series S massively, and they are probably losing a ton of money on these units. Still, it probably fits the strategy of trying to increase the GP subscribers as much as possible.

Last edited:
In Portugal Series S is at 199! If Xcloud wasn't an option I would buy a S to make company to the X.

Looks like Series S moved up in rankings quite a bit on Amazon UK after the price drop to £189.

Before price drop
November #33
YTD #33

After price drop
November #14
YTD #23

And it's still #1 in hourly sold right now and they still have stock. Amazon UK must've received tons of stock.

Nice
So ms might win November npd
That would be huge for xbox brand 😊

Honestly, I can see any of the big 3 take #1. Nintendo historically always performs well during the holidays, and they have Pokemon for the holidays. Sony has ample supply of PS5's and God of War for the holidays. Microsoft has tons of Series S everywhere. I think it's anyone's game right now.

Honestly, I can see any of the big 3 take #1. Nintendo historically always performs well during the holidays, and they have Pokemon for the holidays. Sony has ample supply of PS5's and God of War for the holidays. Microsoft has tons of Series S everywhere. I think it's anyone's game right now.
Nintendo winning is more for december. I think november will be for PS5 or Xbox Series.

The level of PS5 supply and how much the deals will push demand for Series S will decide the number 1.

I believe the PS5 will still come out on top for the NPD they seem to have much more supply compared to Microsoft

Yeah, I'm inclined to think PS5 will finish ahead as well because of the brand/mindshare and God of War. I find it hard to believe there are more PS5's, though, because it appears like Series S are everywhere. But who knows.

Think the ps5 will take number one spot but the GoW bundle is going down the daily amazon US best seller chart.

Will see if it comes back up to the top ten.

Monthly still 6th for the bundle, 8th for the disc standalone.

Yeah, I'm inclined to think PS5 will finish ahead as well because of the brand/mindshare and God of War. I find it hard to believe there are more PS5's, though, because it appears like Series S are everywhere. But who knows.
Sorry I should have specified I’m not too sure about Series S stock but Series X seems more limited compared to the PS5

Sorry I should have specified I’m not too sure about Series S stock but Series X seems more limited compared to the PS5

Yeah, I get that impression also. Seems like there are more PS5's than Series X out in the wild. But collectively (between S and X), I think Xbox overall has greater supply, due to S.

In Europe on the other hand (mainly speaking Germany and UK here) the great PS5 supply from early November didn't make it until Black Friday week. Just a few pricy bundles left in some chains to drive customer engagement.

@Welfare estimated 4.4 million Xbox shipped last year Q4. I think Microsoft could surpass 5.0 million this year.
That should be considered the absolut low end increase from a year ago.
Holiday sales in the US were quite low (just 1.75m) last year. Just increased Series X supply should make up the additional 600k units over 3 months.
Imho Microsoft needs to sell in 6m Series X|S this quarter to have a good holiday season.

That would still be less than the first PS4 holiday quarter after launch.

Last edited:
In Europe on the other hand (mainly speaking Germany and UK here) the great PS5 supply from early November didn't make it until Black Friday week. Just a few pricy bundles left in some chains to drive customer engagement.
PS5 suply in Europe looks terrible. Not sure if Sony will deliver 18 million consoles this FY.

Back
Top Bottom