• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Welcome to Install Base! The Introduction Thread

Hello Everyone.

I am Currently employed as an advertising art designer for the German-speaking market at gamigo ag, I have a passion for creative design and a deep understanding of market dynamics. For nearly a decade, alongside my professional endeavors, I've been actively following sales threads, focusing on both the Japanese and European markets. Originally active on platforms like Neogaf and Resetera, I now primarily engage on Install Base since the beginning, always as a lurker, very rarely contributing, first time now. I'm always willing to share insights into the MMORPG market in the German-speaking region and welcome questions via private message, which I promise I'll answer someday. Privately, I play indie games on Steam, as well as every installment of the Zelda and Mario series.

Howdy hello! The name is EvilChameleon, but you can just call me EC if you'd like. Been hemming and hawing about joining, but I finally decided to give it a go and sign up!
Welcome to you both ! Glad to have you here :D

Hello -- former lurker who really likes talking about the business of video games and is excited to see such a data-driven and thoughtful community. (Intimidatingly data-driven even).

I am a latecomer to videogames since they were rare in my childhood due to religion. Fell in love due to Hbomb getting me to try Dark Souls 2 -- then from there discovered Xbox Game Pass which met my needs of trying many games across many genres. Fairly idiosyncratic tastes which meant I started digging into the numbers because I was annoyed by mainstream coverage.

Hello -- former lurker who really likes talking about the business of video games and is excited to see such a data-driven and thoughtful community. (Intimidatingly data-driven even).

I am a latecomer to videogames since they were rare in my childhood due to religion. Fell in love due to Hbomb getting me to try Dark Souls 2 -- then from there discovered Xbox Game Pass which met my needs of trying many games across many genres. Fairly idiosyncratic tastes which meant I started digging into the numbers because I was annoyed by mainstream coverage.
Welcome aboard 😀

Well, what jolly travelling companions are we? Pleased to meet you; call me Patches, the New, True Chairman. Dark Souls II is the Dark Souls of Cardinal Sins - you really are going to hell now!
You see that forum priest and his sales disciples over there?
They still don't trust me after that little incident behind the Report button altar.
Shouldn't they believe in forgiving and forgetting and all that?
Well, I have news for them. Praying has not put food in my mouth, nor anyone else's.

Yet before you face eternal damnation in the world beyond, please enjoy your stay at the Based Install Based Nexus. Just watch out for Pate, he's a right wrong 'un! Not like me, no - compared to him I'm a Saint heh heh heh... @JMECH2000 Your Dark Souls Deficiency & Deviancy is Welcome in the Kadokawa Corporation // FROM SOFTWARE // Spike Chunsoft // '...a struggle over the substance with the corporations & other factions.' Output Strategy Discussion Thread. Just be sure to leave your Xbox Game Pass at the door. Even Purgatory Has Standards Y'Know!!!

Hello, everyone!

I've finally made the decision to sign up here. While I've waited for my account to get approved, I read the forum rules and got a bit intimidated. Then I read through the latest Media Create thread and was relieved and annoyed at the same time, both for the same reason: This is still just business as usual and not too different from the place before. The only thing of significance that has changed is more competent staff in charge, but realistically speaking, I wouldn't have expected more than that anyway because you can't change human nature. Meaning that having a broad spectrum of regular members is bound to make discussions go the wrong way occasionally.

After browsing through a few more threads, it looks like the founders of Install Base have accomplished what they've set out to do, so kudos for that.

As for myself, I am a gamer who is also interested in the business side of this hobby. If I had to name my three favorite video game companies, they would be Nintendo, that Japanese publisher who owns the Xenoblade Chronicles IP, and last but not least, the creators of the Virtual Boy. Admittedly, I've never played a Virtual Boy in my life, but that probably contributes positively to my preferences. I am unbiased and humble, so you can consider yourself blessed that you can welcome such as fantastic new member.

Hello, everyone!

I've finally made the decision to sign up here. While I've waited for my account to get approved, I read the forum rules and got a bit intimidated. Then I read through the latest Media Create thread and was relieved and annoyed at the same time, both for the same reason: This is still just business as usual and not too different from the place before. The only thing of significance that has changed is more competent staff in charge, but realistically speaking, I wouldn't have expected more than that anyway because you can't change human nature. Meaning that having a broad spectrum of regular members is bound to make discussions go the wrong way occasionally.

After browsing through a few more threads, it looks like the founders of Install Base have accomplished what they've set out to do, so kudos for that.

As for myself, I am a gamer who is also interested in the business side of this hobby. If I had to name my three favorite video game companies, they would be Nintendo, that Japanese publisher who owns the Xenoblade Chronicles IP, and last but not least, the creators of the Virtual Boy. Admittedly, I've never played a Virtual Boy in my life, but that probably contributes positively to my preferences. I am unbiased and humble, so you can consider yourself blessed that you can welcome such as fantastic new member.
Welcome, your humbleness will be appreciated 🤭😂

Hello to everyone!!! :D

I'm happy to finally create an account and even happier that it got approved!

As you can see by my username, I've always loved data in general, and in the videogame industry all the information Steam provides. I especially enjoy seeing the success of small games or unprecedented cases, which lately we had some :)

I think we are approaching some interesting times in all the spaces of the industry. Switch 2, PS5 Pro, Xbox shifting strategy, more expansion in general to PC and mobile... Interesting times ahead!

Again, thanks, and I hope I can contribute to this community.

As you can see by my username, I've always loved data in general, and in the videogame industry all the information Steam provides. I especially enjoy seeing the success of small games or unprecedented cases, which lately we had some :)

I think we are approaching some interesting times in all the spaces of the industry. Switch 2, PS5 Pro, Xbox shifting strategy, more expansion in general to PC and mobile... Interesting times ahead!

Welcome aboard. 🙂

Welcome! I think you'll especially enjoy the Steam CCU thread! Just don't mind all the Helldivers 2 discusion at the current moment, ahaha!

Hello everyone.

I started lurking around last year and got recommended to create and account so I did 😂. As a lot of people I am interest in seeing how a hobby I enjoy grows and adapts. I specially enjoy the Eshop thread, and seeing how games are performing in other markets.

As for genres I like to play and follow, specially sales wise, it would be visual novels/adventure games/otome since I started enjoying them since I got a switch. In addition to tactics and jrpgs of course.

Thank you for the welcome and I hope to contribute to the community.

Hello everyone.

I started lurking around last year and got recommended to create and account so I did 😂. As a lot of people I am interest in seeing how a hobby I enjoy grows and adapts. I specially enjoy the Eshop thread, and seeing how games are performing in other markets.

As for genres I like to play and follow, specially sales wise, it would be visual novels/adventure games/otome since I started enjoying them since I got a switch. In addition to tactics and jrpgs of course.

Thank you for the welcome and I hope to contribute to the community.
Thank you for flying Air Installbase. Please enjoy your stay.

Hello. I've been playing video games and following the industry my entire life. I'm currently going to school for software engineering, so now I have a bit of a professional interest in the industry as well. Recently, a game developer friend of mine told me that I would enjoy this forum after we had a long discussion about Suicide Squad bombing where Helldivers II succeeded. (We hang out exactly once a week while our daughters are in the same swim class, so if he's reading this, hello!) I hope that I can make a positive contribution here and thanks for having me.

Hello. I've been playing video games and following the industry my entire life. I'm currently going to school for software engineering, so now I have a bit of a professional interest in the industry as well. Recently, a game developer friend of mine told me that I would enjoy this forum after we had a long discussion about Suicide Squad bombing where Helldivers II succeeded. (We hang out exactly once a week while our daughters are in the same swim class, so if he's reading this, hello!) I hope that I can make a positive contribution here and thanks for having me.
Welcome aboard! 🙂

Mainly a lurker, forgot to post here in the welcome board. Mainly here for famitsu ranking, gacha market, and manga sales threads.

Greetings, fellow stat geeks. Long time lurker that decided to take the plunge and join the discourse. Thank you for having me and thank you for being such a unique and inspired slice of the gaming niche.

Back
Top Bottom