• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Welcome to Install Base! The Introduction Thread

Hi everyone;

Thank you for approving my account. I used to be a lurker in sales threads on Resetera, and recently learned that a lot of Salesera posters moved to this forum so I decided to make an account here. Hoping to become less of a lurker and more of an active poster this time.

Hey, thanks for approving me. I am also a perennial lurker on too many sites to count.
But I recently I've had more free time and I was inspired by some of the discussions and analysis over here and I figured I might as well try and engage and give back a fraction of what I've been able to learn from others just reading other's thoughts.

Hi, I joined this place to talk about video game sales. I used to be a lurker on here for awhile (and on other forums), but I decided to make my own account recently

Hi everyone! Found out about this forum recently and have been really impressed by the quality of the discussions. I'm a game dev at a AAA studio in the US who personally plays way too many gachas and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Hi everyone! Found out about this forum recently and have been really impressed by the quality of the discussions. I'm a game dev at a AAA studio in the US who personally plays way too many gachas and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Welcome!

Saying something like this, you've got to tell us your favourite poison.

Hi everyone, I'm a market analysis and development PM at Capcom. I'm passionate about creating better games for everyone.
Tell them we want Ace Attorney 7 Gregory Horror Show HD and a new battle network Zack & Wiki for @ggx2ac :p

But seriously welcome!
Corrected. For those like me who initially thought, hang on you can get paid to send PM - sign me up - a quick search would suggest it stands for Project Management. I think. Job opening a couple years back (plus an Associate Project Manager position from 7 years ago for those cyberstalking using Linkedin) give us a rough outline. Maybe. No idea! Welcome to InstallBase @ahoga - maybe you can help me find the missing 100,000 copies of Okami --I mean-- give us me an idiot proof explanation (with or without specific reference to CAPCOM) if you wish to do so. Or not. It's all good. Anyway here's the SIE Blog & former EA PM outlining their work role, plus an open position at Bandai Namco Mobile if you wish to *put in a good word for me* apply!!

Sr. Manager, Product Management-Divisional Communications

Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:

Specific responsibilities of the Sr. Manager, Product Management-Divisional Communications position include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • To direct and manage the execution of the overall product strategy plan with multiple partners which includes marketing/PR/sales, between PD team and Pan Western Marketing team (US/Europe)
  • Evaluates and plans the appropriate resources to meet project goals/milestones and operational objectives.
  • Primary liaison between Head Quarters Product Development team and US Office Marketing/product execution aspect on all strategic and tactical relationship issues in North America
  • Managing product portfolio and work closely/liaising with Product Development team to assess knowledge of the product
  • Interacting with various team members within the organization and assisting the marketing/PR/events plan and ensure that outputs, executions are accurate to meet target goals for the US division
  • Managing overall product execution, keep track of projects leading up to launch.
  • Establish and create documented procedures for the Divisional Communications Functions and facilitates the establishing solid processes where the responsibilities may overlap across the organization.
  • Translation of documents and interpretation in management meetings as required
  • Mentors and develops the Project Managers under his supervision.

Leadership Spotlight: Trang Ho, VP of Product Management, Product & Data Strategy

In 2022, I was on the engineering side as the Vice President of Software Engineering for Gaming Experiences at SIE,” she says. “I had been in software development, programming and engineering for twenty years before I made the switch to product management and data strategy. I moved from a pure day-to-day in engineering—building things, primarily—to the other side of the equation: acting upon questions like why do we build a certain thing?”
Along with her years of experience in game development, Trang is equally passionate about high-level leadership and team coordination, especially in her current role in product and data strategy. “In engineering, you’re solving the problem of how things are done and how things are made—there may be a particular problem or a particular thing that you’re trying to solve. But in product engineering, you’re answering the bird’s eye view question: why does it need to be done that way?”

But you'll need to be on site if you want to access to all 82 boxes and 10 folders of The X-Files Product management services for Capcom USA, Inc. 1988 at the Brian Sutton-Smith Library

Last edited:
Hello, does anyone know what privileges you need to make a thread?
Hi, you need to be a "regular member" instead of a "junior member".
rules
Junior Phase
Once your account is activated, you can immediately start posting messages on the forum. At first, your account will be considered in its ‘junior phase’. During this period, you will get to know the members of the website, and they will get to know you. That last bit is important: moderation is stricter on junior accounts to make sure the discussion on the forum remains healthy. The junior status of your account is not visible to other members. Your account gets promoted after you have received more than 100 thanks and have been active on the forum for at least 45 days.

Thread Creation Privileges
We do not allow junior members to create threads. They should take their time to get to know the community first before they start contributing in this significant way. It is also a way to prevent bad faith posters and trolls from spamming the forum with a new account.

I'm just posting here so I won't get fined a sidebar item telling me I haven't introduced myself yet.
Welcome, haha.
Though it only shows on the main page, even clicking the logo puts people into the Market board

Well I guess I didn’t either, not in this topic anyway but I did in the very first MC that was posted.

I too would like to make my legally mandated introduction. Mostly a Nintendo gamer/handheld gamer as I spend all day staring at a screen for work, so don't have much interest in staring at a PC in my offtime. Well that was awkward, so to distract everyone I'm going to mention "Atlus support for Switch" and hope the thread gets derailed for a couple of pages.

Last edited:
Uhhh, I'm still pretty new here, so I guess I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself? Long time mostly Nintendo gamer. Favorite games include: Custom Robo V2, DQ5, F-Zero X, Starfox 64, Pokemon BW2, Skullgirls, Smite, Monster Hunter XX, Splatoon 3.

I'm biliterate in Japanese and hopefully that can be put to some good use in this community. I'm not exactly sure how valuable it may be, but I would like to think that I have a strong grasp on the general Japanese mindset and common viewpoints, especially when it comes to the where and why of its differences with American/western perspectives. (Anyone interested in a discussion about CERO vs ESRB?)

My first memories of reading about videogame sales were through the monthly CoroCoro Comics. Recently, I've been more active in watching game sales data since getting hooked on following how the PS5 has been performing in Japan. I have come to enjoy reading about the rather fickle nature of Japanese game sales and ways franchises move in and sometimes out of vogue. After looking around for different sites discussing Japanese game sales, I liked this one the most.

I'm just posting here so I won't get fined a sidebar item telling me I haven't introduced myself yet.
I‘m here for the same thing.

So, hello. I‘m 19 years old and have been following sales and charts since 2018 when I was 13-14 years old.
I‘m also a mod for a large Nintendo newssite from Germany since 2019.

Posting for the "onboarding" requirement as well...
Anyways... Hello, I'm Iraiza. I primarily play older games (but not too old, mainly late 90s and 2000s) and I'm into RPGs of all types with preference for JRPGs and "eurojank" RPGs and shooters. I got into this community relatively recently in late 2020, because I was curious about how the new generation with PS5 and XSX was doing and I somehow stumbled into a Media Create thread and was surprised that they just publicly shared numbers on a weekly basis, since I knew that this industry is very obtuse and assumed that numbers were only shared when there are new milestones set or something like that. Since then I have been following the MC threads on a weekly basis and have even gone back to a lot of older threads so I could be a bit more up to speed with the community, and once this forum was established I also began observing the various PAL region trackers and NPD/Circana charts.

Hi :D

I signed up a long time ago and haven't used the site much, but recently I've appreciated it a bit more.

I don't plan to post much but enjoying the threads here.

Late to the party but here i am too. America`s Most Wanted, or AMW if u wanna keep it short, not named after the show or the wrestlers but because it sounded cool to me over twenty years ago and it still does. And yes im aware that the ` is wrong, but as with the nick itself, it looks way cooler that way.

German, so please excuse my English sometimes, gamer since 1992, Forumaddict since 2001, "real" gamer [as in going beneath the mainstream] since around 2004, "real real" gamer [as in more then just one console per generation is possible] since 2005. Cynical, loving satire, irony and dry and even dryer humor, can laugh about the stupidest things and about my own silliness or stupidity without a problem.

Last edited:
I introduced myself over 2 years ago... but somehow I missed the second Onboarding Task. Well, so, the avatar/pic is uploaded now.

Yeah the onboarding tasks are indeed a new feature and it is frankly pretty great to see so many old and new faces presenting themselves 😀

I wonder whether we should keep this thread here, or move it to the Market to give it more visibility 🤔

Welcome everyone nonetheless!

Hello guys, thanks to accepting me.
I've started following Japanese videogame sales at the beginning of 2000 during the last days of the glorious machine called Dreamcast.
From 2006 to 2008 (iirc) I created a site (Japan Videogame Charts or something similar) which became the reference for old system sales (*) until Chris1964 appeared on neogaf (lol); I was a member of neogaf since uhmmm i don't remember, maybe 2005, and it was such a wonderful place that they banned me, since then my interests in videogame sales decreased but in the latest years I returned to pay attention mostly due to my jobs: I sell videogames and I have my own site, I have a news site focused on physical releases in Japan and support for small Japanese developers and I work as a freelance for translations.
It will be nice to see some old faces (sorry if I don't remember all of you in the beginning but you now, I'm old now :p ) and I hope I'll have a better time with you than those times on neogaf.

(*) some games on wikipedia still have a link reference to my old page

Hello guys, thanks to accepting me.
I've started following Japanese videogame sales at the beginning of 2000 during the last days of the glorious machine called Dreamcast.
From 2006 to 2008 (iirc) I created a site (Japan Videogame Charts or something similar) which became the reference for old system sales (*) until Chris1964 appeared on neogaf (lol); I was a member of neogaf since uhmmm i don't remember, maybe 2005, and it was such a wonderful place that they banned me, since then my interests in videogame sales decreased but in the latest years I returned to pay attention mostly due to my jobs: I sell videogames and I have my own site, I have a news site focused on physical releases in Japan and support for small Japanese developers and I work as a freelance for translations.
It will be nice to see some old faces (sorry if I don't remember all of you in the beginning but you now, I'm old now :p ) and I hope I'll have a better time with you than those times on neogaf.

(*) some games on wikipedia still have a link reference to my old page
Welcome and nice to have folks from the old guard joining 😉

Howdy all! I've been following sales threads for about four years now. Was content with just lurking, but like any normal person, I want to be able to celebrate with other people when Metroid Prime 4 sells nearly five million copies in its first year (which it will) and make fun of multi-billion dollar corporations for not marketing their products enough. It's a bit hard to get my friends excited about seeing numbers go up though. So here I am! May you find my presence and bad humor tolerable. 😄

Howdy all! I've been following sales threads for about four years now. Was content with just lurking, but like any normal person, I want to be able to celebrate with other people when Metroid Prime 4 sells nearly five million copies in its first year (which it will) and make fun of multi-billion dollar corporations for not marketing their products enough. It's a bit hard to get my friends excited about seeing numbers go up though. So here I am! May you find my presence and bad humor tolerable. 😄
Welcome aboard! They haven't voted me off the island yet for bad humor so should be good 😊

Hi everyone!
I've just seen a (possibly new, possibly not because I'm blind!) "trophy" asking me to INTRODUCE MY SELF
So...I'm Captain TODD! Ehrm...Aostia
I have almost 4k messages here and a shine enthusiast badge!

'sup, had this account in here for a while now and have been mostly lurking, might start posting every once in a while so I figured I should finish off the onboarding task lol

Hello Everyone.

I am Currently employed as an advertising art designer for the German-speaking market at gamigo ag, I have a passion for creative design and a deep understanding of market dynamics. For nearly a decade, alongside my professional endeavors, I've been actively following sales threads, focusing on both the Japanese and European markets. Originally active on platforms like Neogaf and Resetera, I now primarily engage on Install Base since the beginning, always as a lurker, very rarely contributing, first time now. I'm always willing to share insights into the MMORPG market in the German-speaking region and welcome questions via private message, which I promise I'll answer someday. Privately, I play indie games on Steam, as well as every installment of the Zelda and Mario series.

Howdy hello! The name is EvilChameleon, but you can just call me EC if you'd like. Been hemming and hawing about joining, but I finally decided to give it a go and sign up!

Back
Top Bottom