• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Welcome to Install Base! The Introduction Thread

Hey All!

I've been following sales on forums since 2004 (as Kureransu) on the IGN Boards (yes i paid for them), the NeoGaf and ResetEra. I didn't even know this place existed until a linked to here in a sales thread. I'm so glad i found this place nd i'm looking forward to great discussion!

Hi all! Thank you for approving my account. Ever since the Philips CD-I and N64 were launched I have been interested in marketing and consequently sales of gaming products. I have my own small business in an unrelated field, although we do sell imaging products with gaming level graphics cards and other hardware in them.

I have a background in economics and marketing and I am fascinated by the way this industry does it's business. I hope to be challenged a lot here :)

Hello, Install Base! Thank you for having me.

I've lurked the sales discussions on the old place since 2019, and I've always found them thoroughly enjoyable to read. It's wonderful to have found where these threads have gone, because I sorely missed them!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking the Media Create/Famitsu threads for nearly a decade but never had the gumption to attempt to register and post myself due to the convoluted sign up processes and somewhat...uninviting atmosphere the previous sites had. I finally decided to sign up and perhaps add my two cents in now once in a while.

Being finally able to read the messages feels like a dream lol. Anyway, hii to everyone, I don't usually subscribe to forums cause I'm the laziest person on Earth but here I am. Nice to meet you all

Hello. I signed up a couple weeks ago and have been lurking since then. I missed in-depth sales discussions, which is why I decided to join. It's nice to be part of this community!

Hi everyone! I am migrating from Resetera (and previously from NeoGaf, since ~2003) to InstallBaseForum, as I enjoy gaming discussions based on facts and numbers, including charts, and expectations on future trends in the gaming industry.

I look forward to enjoying meeting and talking with the InstallBaseForum community!

Hi everyone! I am migrating from Resetera (and previously from NeoGaf, since ~2003) to InstallBaseForum, as I enjoy gaming discussions based on facts and numbers, including charts, and expectations on future trends in the gaming industry.

I look forward to enjoying meeting and talking with the InstallBaseForum community!
Welcome!

Hey, I'm here to talk about and keep up with game sales, I'm mainly interested in Square Enix stuff. I've only just started lurking here recently and decided to just make an account.
Welcome, there is no shortage when it comes to Square Enix discussions around here xD

Hello! I was looking for a new place to discuss gaming and game sales/industry news. Glad to be here and looking forward to engaging with the community. Between Install Base and Famiboards, I’m pretty happy :).

Hey all! I’ve been a part of GAF and Era’s communities since 2004 and joined here to meet up with old friends and get back into sales discussions after so many years of being out.

Hey all! I’ve been a part of GAF and Era’s communities since 2004 and joined here to meet up with old friends and get back into sales discussions after so many years of being out.
Another member from all the way back in the golden age of sales data forum discussion. Great to have you back!

Hello everyone. Longtime Lurker from other forums like Era, IGN, Gaf.
Great to have a dedicated place for sales discussions.

High everyone
I'm following the sales data that they include with detailed numbers like JP. I was on Resetera and Neogaf for the same interest too though with different usernames and now here. I think I'm kind of invisible maybe dark matter that doesn't interact with normal matter. I made some short rpgmaker games some years ago and some simple BGMs which few I have on SoundCloud. I didn't have such an introduction like this before. I sometimes like miss-spelling. 😅

High everyone
I'm following the sales data that they include with detailed numbers like JP. I was on Resetera and Neogaf for the same interest too though with different usernames and now here. I think I'm kind of invisible maybe dark matter that doesn't interact with normal matter. I made some short rpgmaker games some years ago and some simple BGMs which few I have on SoundCloud. I didn't have such an introduction like this before. I sometimes like miss-spelling. 😅
Welcome ! 😀

Don't hesitate to join the Discussion thread if you want to talk about the hobbies you mentioned 😉

Hello everyone, I'm Chindogg. Some of the founders may know me from the NeoGAF/Resetera days. I decided to join to catch up with all of you and talk with some newer folks.

Hello everyone! I've been discussing games/game sales/etc. on Vgchartz for several years. Decided to continue here. Hope to gain a little more insight and such about the latest in the gaming landscape in this forum!

First time in a forum oriented to analyze sales, follow only the sales Media Create in Gematsu. It's going to be fun!

I didn't expect my account to be verified tbh, but here it is.

I am from Russia, was a PC gamer for most of my life until I bought PS 4 in the end of 2018 and later Nintendo Switch on June 2020.

My favourite joke about my main platform is "A Russian Nintendo fanboy. Mostly because I cannot afford a high-end PC or a next gen console" (actually have money, but too lazy to switch from my Switch (ba-dum-tss) to another platform).

Favourite game of all time is Warcraft III, no doubts here. Sencond favourite is Portal 2.

Came here mostly for Japanese sales charts and still not sure how active I will be here. Never was in forums orientied to analyze game industry sales.

My DMs are open to everyone (at least I believe they should be), can give my Discord tag there. Feel free to tell or ask me anything.

hello. made an account here as i used to be very active on VGC and recently got back into it only to find the forum a little slow-moving, for the lack of a better word. a few people on the first page of this thread may remember me as NintendoPie. changed the naming scheme up since i'm not 13 anymore lol.

i also had a question for those in the know - do people on this forum usually also have accounts on resetera? not used to this split between the "sales" and more "hobby" based sides of a community. (i enjoy talking about both!)

hello. made an account here as i used to be very active on VGC and recently got back into it only to find the forum a little slow-moving, for the lack of a better word. a few people on the first page of this thread may remember me as NintendoPie. changed the naming scheme up since i'm not 13 anymore lol.

i also had a question for those in the know - do people on this forum usually also have accounts on resetera? not used to this split between the "sales" and more "hobby" based sides of a community. (i enjoy talking about both!)
A number of people on this site are banned on Resetera. This website was created in response to @Chris1964 being temporarily banned and the mass bannings that resulted after the Media Create thread community took umbrage with the disdain moderators and administrators on that site viewed the community as a whole.

A number of people on this site are banned on Resetera. This website was created in response to @Chris1964 being temporarily banned and the mass bannings that resulted after the Media Create thread community took umbrage with the disdain moderators and administrators on that site viewed the community as a whole.
ah, so much drama lol. good to know!

Back
Top Bottom