• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

The Last of Us has sold over 37 million copies as a series worldwide

TLOU2 is three and a half years old, unless they count this as a new release which would be stupid.

They probably do, it's a new SKU with extra content.
Remember, there's a 60 FPS for PS5 users who play the PS4 version, but this is the real native version.

PS: Where's Demon's Souls?
What about Bloodborne(I'm kidding, it's never happening).
There's also Ghost of Tsushima, and maybe GT7 via the Nvidia leak.

I assume some of these studios are either partially or fully doing the ports in-house to get the experience, but this is leading to some pretty long wait times.

There's just not enough wizards at Nixxes to do all the ports.
With Insomniac being so prolific and having the experience of working on Guerilla's engine as well, they're pretty much 90% of the time working on ports of these two studios is my guess.

$10 upgrade for PS4 version owners.

4K, 60 fps, new mode and outfits.

You will also be able to import your save states from the PS4 version, not bad.

10$ seem very reasonable. Does it release at retail? Because that could cause some trouble for it‘s pricing, thinking about the price of an used PS4-copy.

they are probably holding back on announcing the PC version this time to give the devs enough time. They don’t have to rush it this time around

Bit of a hot take incoming, but honestly the $10 upgrade system kinda saves this - it makes this look less egregious and more comparable to something like FF7 Remake Integrade.

Bit of a hot take incoming, but honestly the $10 upgrade system kinda saves this - it makes this look less egregious and more comparable to something like FF7 Remake Integrade.

It's not a hot take at all IMO, the package isn't worth it at all for somebody who already owns the PS4 version to pay full price or even something like 40-50 buckeroos.
Not offering the upgrade would especially be a bad move for Naughty Dog which is not going to be ready to show any games anytime soon as Factions 2 is in limbo and the two other projects are nowhere near close to being ready.

Some people are already not the happiest with them, no need to give those folks more ammunition. We saw the reaction online to the leak before the upgrade option was announced.

Damn this announcement really makes me realise how much I adore TLOU2. I am unreasonably excited for this!

Best third person shooter gameplay ever gets 60fps, a roguelike mode and a good excuse to replay with a few extra levels? Heck yes.

I still have yet to buy Part I Remastered, but at $10 this is the easiest purchase of my life. Ironically this will most likely make me go back and purchase Part I so I can play through the entire thing again from the beginning with the next gen experience.

Last of us Part 1 remake sold over 2 million.

"In terms of remakes released under ten years after release, just two have exceeded two million units: The Last of Us Part 1 in 2022 and Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir in 2016."

"In terms of remakes released under ten years after release, just two have exceeded two million units: The Last of Us Part 1 in 2022 and Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir in 2016."

I’m very curious how that data is being sourced, since Dring is citing a report. TLOU is believable…but Odin Sphere seems incredibly suspect. They shouted from the roof tops 13 Sentinels many milestones up to a million…so why is Odin sphere secretly at 2, unless I missed something.

That's believable, but mildly surprising for TLOU1. But I'm kinda curious about how Odin Sphere achieved that for the remaster alone.

Also, the data about remaster is kinda irrelevant in the current market structure of consoles having almost mandatory backwards compatibility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom