• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Atlus output strategy | Discussion thread

Considering how freaking great this will be im shocked how rough the trailer looks - as if they had to get something ready for MS to show.

This literally looked like Persona 3-5 2.0 like i know saying that the studio known for persona made another persona-like is like complaining From Software made another Souls like but Persona still exists as a series and has a remake and a sequel. Hopefully its not just Fantasy Persona but at least people that complain Persona is to samey despite only being like 3 games in the series with the template over 15 years will have a place to go. Otherwise it looked good i just hope it has something to diferentiate it from Persona .

Persona 6 seems to be at least 2025 with this news.
ReFantasy looks amazing visually but I'm disappointed in how similar it is to Persona.

Doesn't look like Atlus is planning Persona 6 as Playstation exclusive after this event, unless they're doing a test to see the reception of these other games on Xbox.

Doesn't look like Atlus is planning Persona 6 as Playstation exclusive after this event, unless they're doing a test to see the reception of these other games on Xbox.
What would need to be different to make you think that P6 is planned as a P6 exclusive ? Its a whole other project that probably wont be unveiled for the next 18 months.

The fact that MS is able to announce and showcase all these games makes me even more sure that Sony has P6 already secured, because otherwise they would likely wanna be the ones to unveil these games. Every plattform holder has to pick and choose.

Besides that no matter how things shake out P6 is gonna be multi sooner or later, but Sony securing a couple exclusive months seems likely.

Today's Sony frankly doesn't care about Atlus. P6 being PS5 exclusive is definitely not the takeaway you should be having from today's Xbox Showcase. The days of Atlus exclusivity are over imo, SMTV was probably the last one.

What would need to be different to make you think that P6 is planned as a P6 exclusive ? Its a whole other project that probably wont be unveiled for the next 18 months.

The fact that MS is able to announce and showcase all these games makes me even more sure that Sony has P6 already secured, because otherwise they would likely wanna be the ones to unveil these games. Every plattform holder has to pick and choose.

Besides that no matter how things shake out P6 is gonna be multi sooner or later, but Sony securing a couple exclusive months seems likely.

Doesn't make sense this push from Microsoft and Atlus now with Persona 6 being already locked as Playstation exclusive.

Clearly they're trying to build a moment on Xbox.

Doesn't make sense this push from Microsoft and Atlus now with Persona 6 being already locked as Playstation exclusive.

Clearly they're trying to build a moment on Xbox.
One doesnt negate the other though - you can build an audience on platforms and still have exclusive agreements for certain games.
You could also make an argument that MS and Atlus were working their audience up towards Metaphor with these GP Persona releases.

P6 will likely skip Switch too, doesnt mean they havent been building up that audience and momentum on that system with ports as well.

As said before, yes the standard from now will be multiplattform releases from Atlus - but there will always be exception if a plattform holder is willing to go the extra mile to secure an exclusive.

Today's Sony frankly doesn't care about Atlus. P6 being PS5 exclusive is definitely not the takeaway you should be having from today's Xbox Showcase. The days of Atlus exclusivity are over imo, SMTV was probably the last one.
SEGA is just keeping to their words regarding Persona being on everything.

I'm actually shocked Atlus is going for next-gen consoles only with this, you could say 2024 is a reasonable time for that but Persona 5 on PS3 happened.
inb4 it's revealed to also be on PS4.

How do you feel about Etrian Odyssey 6?

being fantasy Persona is kinda...eh.

also the performance is wonky for some reason. I didn't expect something to rival the top studios, but this definitely feels like a game that was made for PS4.

How do you feel about Etrian Odyssey 6?
I feel like it probably depends on response to the remasters. I think we'll probably see more remasters too, maybe first even.

It won't be exclusive though, Steam + switch at least. Skipping PS/Xbox is due to interface but I wonder if PS5 ports might happen if Project Q features a touchscreen?

Persona 3 Reload won't have either the FES or Portable content included. It's a remake of the original Persona 3.

P3P fans in shambles. The question is with FES does he mean such things as Aigis social linn or just The Answer.

Persona 3 Reload won't have either the FES or Portable content included. It's a remake of the original Persona 3.

I guess PS3 will never have a ‘definitive’ edition. Does that also mean you can’t control your own characters?

Well, I was wrong about this one lol. It is bizarre that Atlus would do this when the whole reason why a Persona 3 remake was so highly requested was that it would be a definitive version, and now we just have a third version that will also be argued to be the most definitive. I have seen some speculation about Atlus doing DLC for this game or another enhanced edition to add more content from the later versions, but I don't know how likely that would be. There really isn't any precedent for something like that and I don't see Atlus doing that, even if it would be nice to have the definitive version.

Well, I was wrong about this one lol. It is bizarre that Atlus would do this when the whole reason why a Persona 3 remake was so highly requested was that it would be a definitive version, and now we just have a third version that will also be argued to be the most definitive. I have seen some speculation about Atlus doing DLC for this game or another enhanced edition to add more content from the later versions, but I don't know how likely that would be. There really isn't any precedent for something like that and I don't see Atlus doing that, even if it would be nice to have the definitive version.
The moment someone leaked there was no sight of FEMC it was an obvious too much work for less returns + that creates a state where future realeses require it which again unless the game is half a year or less require much more work time and money. At the end of the day Atlus is still the king of cheap with important things such as key side quests as Dlc but they won't put effort in for 0 return some people are gonna have to learn the hard way that they won't get their idealized version of a game from them.

Do what I will do: Wait 2-3 years for "Persona 3 Double-Reload" which will include all the other content :/

Considering how freaking great this will be im shocked how rough the trailer looks - as if they had to get something ready for MS to show.
Or they were just getting tired of the accusation that Re:Fantasy was vapourware and wanted people to stop saying it doesn’t exist.

The moment someone leaked there was no sight of FEMC it was an obvious too much work for less returns + that creates a state where future realeses require it which again unless the game is half a year or less require much more work time and money. At the end of the day Atlus is still the king of cheap with important things such as key side quests as Dlc but they won't put effort in for 0 return some people are gonna have to learn the hard way that they won't get their idealized version of a game from them.
Yeah, I had expected no portable content because of the leak, and maybe even no content from The Answer but just based on how this interview sounds it seems like the content FES added to the main game might also not be present which is annoying. At the very least a remake of FES with party control would have been nice, but now whenever someone asks what version of Persona 3 you should play there will be a 3rd recommendation now. It just feels like a missed opportunity to at least make a definitive version of FES instead of one more way to play the game.

Yeah, I had expected no portable content because of the leak, and maybe even no content from The Answer but just based on how this interview sounds it seems like the content FES added to the main game might also not be present which is annoying. At the very least a remake of FES with party control would have been nice, but now whenever someone asks what version of Persona 3 you should play there will be a 3rd recommendation now. It just feels like a missed opportunity to at least make a definitive version of FES instead of one more way to play the game.
Yukari is seen in screenshots with action bar for battle. We should wait and see what no FES means to him.

Great, now there's a 3rd version of P3 to debate online over which is the definitive version to play. Disappointing that they didn't go all in content-wise, I guess those who bought P3P recently won't feel as bad about their purchase.
Yukari is seen in screenshots with action bar for battle. We should wait and see what no FES means to him.
It most definitely means The Answer isn't in, at least.

Great, now there's a 3rd version of P3 to debate online over which is the definitive version to play. Disappointing that they didn't go all in content-wise, I guess those who bought P3P recently won't feel as bad about their purchase.

It most definitely means The Answer isn't in, at least.
Yeah but FES has like several other changes which they also said the game has new scenes and voiced scenes so.

And indeed, none of the Persona trailers have appeared on Nintendo's channels yet. Unless the titles skip the platform completely, the theory about a possible embargo on information seems to be true.

And indeed, none of the Persona trailers have appeared on Nintendo's channels yet. Unless the titles skip the platform completely, the theory about a possible embargo on information seems to be true.

Its not really a theory. Xbox did this with P3/4/P5 Remastered as well.

Not on PlayStation channels either, so it must be embargoed.

Microsoft's strategy of pretending to own Sega/Atlus is kind of annoying at this point. I just hope it doesn't negatively impact the sales of ReFantazio. For Persona titles, its audience already expects the titles on platforms like PlayStation so embargoes don't particularly hurt the game's sales on other platforms.

However, new IPs like ReFantazio don't have this privilege, so announcing it on the Xbox Showcase isn't exactly ideal. I know the Microsoft moneyhat is hard to resist, but it shudders to think what damage Xbox could do to the IP because of this marketing deal. Especially when there is no GamePass money involved, so it's very reliant on sales.Let's see how many people engage with the IP on social media once the embargo ends.

Microsoft's strategy of pretending to own Sega/Atlus is kind of annoying at this point. I just hope it doesn't negatively impact the sales of ReFantazio. For Persona titles, its audience already expects the titles on platforms like PlayStation so embargoes don't particularly hurt the game's sales on other platforms.

However, new IPs like ReFantazio don't have this privilege, so announcing it on the Xbox Showcase isn't exactly ideal. I know the Microsoft moneyhat is hard to resist, but it shudders to think what damage Xbox could do to the IP because of this marketing deal. Especially when there is no GamePass money involved, so it's very reliant on sales.Let's see how many people engage with the IP on social media once the embargo ends.
A 48-hour embargo isn't going to hurt the marketing or social engagement of this game, especially when it's a year away.

A 48-hour embargo isn't going to hurt the marketing or social engagement of this game, especially when it's a year away.
Not so sure about that. Microsoft wouldn't have paid for the embargo if it didn't have any effect. The casual audience generally just watches the first trailer and aren't aware of what comes after. But anyway, let's just wait and see whether people keep up with the platform announcements after the embargo ends. That'll paint a fuller picture.

Not so sure about that. Microsoft wouldn't have paid for the embargo if it didn't have any effect. The casual audience generally just watches the first trailer and aren't aware of what comes after. But anyway, let's just wait and see whether people keep up with the platform announcements after the embargo ends. That'll paint a fuller picture.
I think you're vastly overselling this

I think you're vastly overselling this
Like I said, wait and see. I'm mentioning it as a possibility as with all Japanese games on Xbox. I'm not implying the game will flop. I think people are overreacting to my comment. It's not an all or nothing scenario.

However, new IPs like ReFantazio don't have this privilege, so announcing it on the Xbox Showcase isn't exactly ideal. I know the Microsoft moneyhat is hard to resist, but it shudders to think what damage Xbox could do to the IP because of this marketing deal.
For us to know whether or not Atlus made the right decision, we’d need to know what Microsoft promised in terms of marketing support and if other parties were interested and to what level. Simply having a bigger platform than Xbox isn’t enough if the bigger platform holder was not interested in making a big promise about highlighting the game.

Because it’s not just money. Being a 3rd platform’s darling game that gets the big marketing push might very well be much more valuable than being yet another thing a bigger platform puts on a list in terms of total exposure.

Last edited:
I'm not worried. By the time Metaphor comes out a new Nintendo system will be available.
Yep. I don’t think it will be out in time for MRF’s launch, but I expect a port within the first year or two of the system’s launch. Because if it does launch on PS5 only in Japan…hoo boy

So according to another interview conducted by Famitsu, it seems as if Persona 3 Reload will only be cutting The Answer and the female protagonist. Everything else should be accounted for.

So according to another interview conducted by Famitsu, it seems as if Persona 3 Reload will only be cutting The Answer and the female protagonist. Everything else should be accounted for.

Some of the other big additions FES brought other than The Answer was Aigis’ Social Link, which was squeezed in the last month of January. So hopefully they could do is reorganize and add Social Links for the Male playable characters for the MC, since those were only available to the FeMC. Though that may not the case since Kenji’s Social Link event shown.

Some of the other big additions FES brought other than The Answer was Aigis’ Social Link, which was squeezed in the last month of January. So hopefully they could do is reorganize and add Social Links for the Male playable characters for the MC, since those were only available to the FeMC. Though that may not the case since Kenji’s Social Link event shown.
Using Makoto's route from P3P regarding what content will be used and updated is a good reference I think.

Two days have now passed and no multiplat announcement yet for the Atlus games, wonder if that is being saved for a Nintendo Direct or if they are actually foolish enough to make three Xbox exclusives?
Might be a Direct or they are waiting for that Refantazio stream next week.

The Persona 3 Remake site already leaves a sign that it's not exclusive

RlT5O1h.jpg

"Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows versions are Download only"

Which means some other platform(s) have a physical version, lol.

Might be a Direct or they are waiting for that Refantazio stream next week.

The Persona 3 Remake site already leaves a sign that it's not exclusive

RlT5O1h.jpg

"Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows versions are Download only"

Which means some other platform(s) have a physical version, lol.
Didn't P5 Royal get a retail release on Xbox?

Back
Top Bottom