• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

2024 STEAM Concurrent Players(CCU) Official Watch Thread

Eiyuden did 6500 today, which isn't bad... But then you remember that a lot of those were Kickstarter keys. I wonder if it's selling at all.

WEEKLY TOP SELLERS​

For Tue, April 16, 2024 - Tue, April 23, 2024

RANKPRICE
CHANGE​
WEEKS​
Counter-Strike 2
Dota 2
▲ 31334
Steam Deck
369,00€▲ 1113
HELLDIVERS™ 2
39,99€▼ 114
No Rest for the Wicked
NEW
-10%
39,99€
35,99€
NEW1
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS
▼ 4370
7雀魂麻將(MahjongSoul)(not available in your region)▲ 925
Fallout 4
19,99€▲ 12
Fallout 76
39,99€▲ 15
Apex Legends™
▼ 3181
Destiny 2
▼ 324
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III
-35%
69,99€
45,49€
▲ 107
RimWorld
-20%
31,99€
25,59€
▼ 86
Call of Duty®
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege
19,99€▲ 4441
Baldur's Gate 3
59,99€▼ 157
Sker Ritual
NEW
-20%
24,50€
19,60€
NEW1
Forza Horizon 5
-50%
59,99€
29,99€
▲ 78139
Overwatch® 2
RETURNING1
Content Warning
7,79€▼ 93

I can't create thread so I don't know where to post this but anyway:

"Thank you to the over one million of you who adventured with us in #Fallout76 in a single day..."
"...and almost five million across all Fallout games in a single day!"

Looks like HD2 Reign is just about over. It’s still averaging over 100k a day and still hits 200k on weekends but its simmering.

They are going to have to announce a new faction or a similar big update by the summer

People are really down on the two latest filler orders mostly, as they were building up for the war to hit Cyberstan and then just kept tossing random-ass major orders like kill 2 billion bugs or defend 10 planets. I myself haven't played in more than a week due to being uninterested in both.

People are really down on the two latest filler orders mostly, as they were building up for the war to hit Cyberstan and then just kept tossing random-ass major orders like kill 2 billion bugs or defend 10 planets. I myself haven't played in more than a week due to being uninterested in both.

Yep, thats about where I fell off also. Last major order was too easy and this last one was obviously meant to fail. It’s also interesting that they’ve had vehicles coded into the game since the beginning and they haven’t been introduced yet.

Yep, thats about where I fell off also. Last major order was too easy and this last one was obviously meant to fail. It’s also interesting that they’ve had vehicles coded into the game since the beginning and they haven’t been introduced yet.

I guess the problem with the vehicles is that they would be outright useless with current maps and missions, as the ones that require covering a lot of ground usually give you enough time to do it as it is. So they would have to implement massive maps with far away objectives or missions with big maps and 10 minutes limits or something. IDK, I can't think of a use-case scenario for the vehicles in the current mission/map roster.

Also, most biomes are too rough for cars to work.

So maybe they're waiting to release them alongside content that would make sense for them to be used on.

Another thing to note with Helldivers 2 is that they still haven't fixed some of the systemic issues people have with crossplay, friendlist and other connectivity issues, reward distribution, bugs and crashes and a myriad of other things in the ever growing list of known issues. It's clear they don't have enough manpower to deal with both new content but also basic game maintenance/improvement. Patches have been getting longer in between.
The last patch released for the game was April 16th and it's now April 25th.
If nothing comes tomorrow, then the earliest one can drop is next Monday.

Game could probably have slowed the decline in daily CCUs by quite a decent amount had some of the nagging issues the game has had been addressed. There's still time of course. As long as they're able to fix those issues before or at the same time as the game does its first major push(big new content/3rd faction) to entice lapsed players to come back than it's probably fine.
If they can't do that things are just going to keep going down and join the long line of GaaS games that can't manage to provide enough for their playerbase to stick around.

------

Added Rotwood to the list, new CCU record - 25,312
As noted earlier, the game was at one point at 98% positive on Steam. It is now at 79% positive with 916 reviews.
Seem to be hit hard by Chinese reviews, every other languages is in the 90%s.

Then you have Simplified Chinese at 66% positive.
From the negative reviews that I can read in English, it seems there's a convoluted way to team up with people if you don't have a friend group.
I don't know if there's any region specific issue that would cause such a big disparity with the rest of the world.

Klei Entertainment's games are pretty popular in China/Asia due to their fairly cheap price and good regional pricing, so that's an issue. They're also now owned by Tencent since 2021 so I'm sure they have an even bigger incentive to respond to the concern of that audience.

------

SaGa Emerald Beyond Day 1 CCU record - 662
Only 7 user reviews so far, has not hit the threshold for reviews yet.

Another Crab's Treasure current CCU record - 1,899
Soulslike where you play as an hermit crab trying to get back your shell.
Currently at 98% positive w/ 93 reviews(1 negative).

Dead Island 2 new CCU record - 8,974

------

Fallout 4 is up day on day from 117,224 to 136,177 due to the people logging in greater numbers today due to the next-gen update, the poor mods though.

7 Days to Die is leaving early access in June and and is currently on sale and peaked at 67,976 today.
CCU record for the game is 96,827 which happened July 3rd of last year(probably some big update).
Looks like the CCU record will probably be broken again once the game officially goes 1.0

This game has been out since December 2013(!)
This is probably a title that was part of the first wave of such releases, kind of crazy.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been rather steady after beginning its sales last week.
Even today it peaked at 18,575 which is still higher than it was last Saturday(17,838).
Probably will peak higher this weekend than the last one.

------

SEGA is doing a sale(started today) and as part of that, Persona 3 Reload is being offered at at 30% discount(its first discount on Steam).

P3R is currently at #7 on the global list(#3 in Canada/#6 in the US).
As usual Canada is the more RPG centric of the two.

P5R is also at the new historical low of 60%(previous lowest was 50%) and is currently at #34.

Suicide Squad reached a new low of 102 players today on Steam. Morale at the studio must be terrible, with having to support this game until all the promised (and effectively sold) content is delivered to almost no one at this point.

Insane that there must be more people working on the game than there are people playing it right now.

I agree with the conclusion but P4G isn't a good comparison since it launched at 20$ on PC.

I'm just basing this on the number of reviews both titles have, sure there can be some pretty big variance between games when it comes to review numbers but it seems to be that it's high enough for P5R at this point.
We also do know that P5R Remastered(lol) sold 1.7M copies as of March 2023.
SEGA really funny with all the ways they report milestones/sales figures for their titles/franchises.
Probably do that to always have things to talk about.

Speaking of which, end of FY season is fast approaching, let us(the forum) hope we get a bunch of updates for as many titles as possible.

------

Anyway, today is a big day... Manor Lords releases in early access with 334,185~ followers and 2.5M+ wishlists.
Unlock time(s) for the game is in 5 hours.

Asia peak times roundup
SAND LAND - 1,255
SaGa Emerald Beyond - 1,405
Dead Island 2 new CCU record - 9,327
Rotwood new CCU record - 28,025

Lots of games have come out in the last 2-3 days that have done 1-5k CCUs judging by the popular release list on SteamDB.
-----

Manor Lords is currently at 141,289. No surprise there but this game joins the 100k+ CCU club.
The 8th to do so this year so far and looking ahead at this year, there's going to be quite a few more.
It is currently at 89% positive so far on Steam.
Not bad considering how hyped the game was in terms of metrics.

------

Couple of games that have seen bumps in CCUs for various reasons(discounts/updates/what have you).

7 Days to Die is at 78,276 up from 67,976.
Granblue Fantasy:Relink has a new patch(2 new quests/2 new characters) and went from 7k~ daily CCU peak this last week to 39,981.
Persona 5 Royal went from 9,489 yesterday to 14,756 today.
Honestly, the game has great daily CCUs for a JRPG. Shows that the game is selling very well every single time it's being discounted. The game has a very atypical CCU curve for a JRPG.
It is #9 on the global list right behind Persona 3 Reload.

This means that it's most likely selling more copies due to price points.
Persona 3 Reload - $48.99 w/ 30% discount
Persona 5 Royal - $23.99 w/ 60% discount

Just spent around 2 hours playing Manor Lords. The fact that this game was made by a single person (plus a bit of freelancing support) blows my mind. It's utterly beautiful. Kinda shows how far Unreal Engine has come.

How much CCU do you expect for Manon Lords?

500k maybe is a safe assumption?

I think it being EA limits what it’ll hit relative to its followers, wishlists etc. Probably plenty of people who know they’re going to play it later down the line.

Even the ~160k it’s at now is pretty crazy for the genre, though. Back when Banished came out in 2013 or whatever I never would’ve expected something relatively close to that to be pushing comfortably into six figures CCUs.

Very happy for Hooded Horse, though. They’re such a cool publisher that’s deserved a massive breakout hit like this. Hopefully they put it to good use signing even more sweet games. And obviously big ups to the dev.

The final pre-release wishlist for Manor Lords was 3.2M~
From the pre-launch post on Steam today:
I want to add a personal note of thanks. You have all been incredibly supportive of Manor Lords, this city builder started by a solo-developer, and taken it to 3.2 million player wishlists.

I think it being EA limits what it’ll hit relative to its followers, wishlists etc. Probably plenty of people who know they’re going to play it later down the line.

Even the ~160k it’s at now is pretty crazy for the genre, though. Back when Banished came out in 2013 or whatever I never would’ve expected something relatively close to that to be pushing comfortably into six figures CCUs.

Very happy for Hooded Horse, though. They’re such a cool publisher that’s deserved a massive breakout hit like this. Hopefully they put it to good use signing even more sweet games. And obviously big ups to the dev.

It's also on GOG/MS Store + Gamepass. Although that's probably not that much of a factor.
But yes, the number we're seeing for genre(including the fact it's mostly a 1 man job) is really huge.

Also enough people have played enough by this point to leave more positive reviews.
The game is at 91% positive when it was at 89% a couple hours ago.
This means the WoM is good and will translate to improved CCU growth on Saturday and Sunday.

The game also looks to have peaked at 159,701 for today.

Manor Lords Sweep in Top Selling in the 3 Stores ( Steam/EGS/GOG )
sbqb7E2.png

S8GlaKx.png

zwsWXsJ.png

Manor Lords Sweep in Top Selling in the 3 Stores ( Steam/EGS/GOG )

Look at all that Fallout, also added EGS on the storefront list for Manor Lords.
I am almost sure I checked before launch and couldn't find the page for some reason.

Anyhow going to be an exciting weekend, lots of games came out in the last few days and many of them are going to peak in the upcoming two days.
Probably going to add some of these games to the list based on the numbers they're doing. I'll do that on Sunday~ before moving on to building up the May list.

Also, Hooded Horse(publisher of Manor Lords) has so many upcoming releases, it's kind of crazy.

Paradox Interactive in shambles.
Speaking of which, I also have seen they've delayed Prison Architect 2 from May to September. Good thing I didn't add it yet(again). This 2nd delay is much larger than the first, game was mostly pretty undercooked, which seem to be happening pretty much for all recent releases from the publisher.

Asia peak time round-up

SAND LAND new CCU record - 1,642
SaGa Emerald Beyond new CCU record - 1,584
Rotwood new CCU record - 28,595
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes new CCU record - 7,923

Dead Island 2 new CCU record - 11,029
I will add the game to the list, it's high enough at this point.

There's quite a few more games that have launched in the last few days but they peak at EU/NA times so I'll save those for later.

-----

Again, games that have had bumps due to discount/new content, etc...

7 Days to Die peaked at 92,364 today, up from 78,216. All-time Peak CCU is 96,827.
Seems likely the game will beat its previous CCU record, probably won't need to wait until 1.0 in June.

Persona 5 Royal peaked at 18,613 today, up from 14,756.

------

Since yesterday's launch Manor Lords has already sold over 1 million copies & hit a peak Steam concurrent player count of 170k - highest ever for a city builder (or for other different genres like GSG/4x/colony sim). Congrats @LordsManor, we're honored to serve as your publisher!
Manor Lords already at over 1 million copies sold.

Going to be a lot less interesting than I initially though for today in terms of CCUs, especially for games peaking in Asia. If we look at many Chinese/Asia centric games, many of them are far behind yesterday's when time aligned.

For example, Rotwood is currently at 13,203. At the same time yesterday, it was at 20,947.
It is similar for other recent games.
But most notably, it is the same for big long running games.
PUBG is at 276,145 when it was at 415,967 yesterday.
Same with Naraka: Bladepoint : 136,544 when it was 190,162 at the same point yesterday.
Not sure what's causing this rather atypical curve at the moment.

Manor Lords already at over 1 million copies sold.

Another solo dev multi-millionaire story in the making. I'm sure they've been getting help from their publisher for QA and other things and with the recent money, there's going to be re-investment in talent(probably?) to speed things up.
But still, somebody's going to be very happy about the amount they're about to receive at the end of May when Steam pays up for this month's revenue and their get their cut of the money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom