• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Which game is going to be the biggest success story of the Holiday season ?

Really thought GTA + Switch would've been a bigger event, but Rockstar bungled the game. If I could I'd change my vote to Pokemon. lol

Feels like pokemon and halo are making the biggest splash as of right now.

I voted pokemon just due to brand power

Pokémon will be number 1 for the November NPD...
You heard it hear first, folks. 👀 👀 👀

Got to be Halo.

Signs indicate they nailed the high-quality bar; It will be on PC; Its got a strong multiplayer component that could generate viral momentum; There is bot a comparable title in terms of pedigree and association w a specific platform; and its on Gamepass.

The thing is, Gamepass makes it harder to quantify vs titles that dont have the EZ baked-in distribution of Gamepass.

Meanwhile, prayin for SMT to at least double previous series sales record.

EA said that they have millions of player for BF. Maybe it has done better than we expected.

2042 had a lot of hype going into launch as it was a return to modern/near-future warfare. EA also returned to Steam in late 2019. All of the pieces were there for the game if DICE could deliver on quality.

With COD underperforming can BDSP be the #1 selling global title of 2021? My understanding is COD usually does 20M in launch year and then another 10M in the following year, but I don't have a sense of how much Vanguard is down globally vs the usual performance.

Pokemon looks like it can pull 13-15M for launch quarter.

I've never owned an XBox system and there is a good chance I never will. However, I think Halo Infinite will be well regarded for some time to come. The market is starting to get tired of CoD, and Activision is not looking so hot right now. At the same time XBox is making a comeback. I can see a whole lot of FPS fans migrating over to Halo Infinite as their go to game.

Going with Halo. It seems 343 finally earned the franchise they inherited! 😂 I understand in this new Gamepass world most may not buy. Still Halo traditional has been the main big physical seller!

So Battlefield, CoD and GTA already failed out of gate huh.

While SMTV did very good outside japan, the performance in Japan is kinda ehh?

So in the end, it will become battle between Mario, Halo and Pokemon lol.

And Forza !

But yeah in retrospect, it is kinda crazy how two of the biggest brands in gaming + Battlefield completely disappointed this quarter.

Still too early to tell but as of now its Pokemon BD/SP for me and my own expectations. I knew they would do well but didnt expect this kind of performance, especially with Arceus soon as well. Either way interesting times ahead.

Hope we get the 1m SMTV confirmation soon as well.

BDSP is getting way more buzz than I was expecting (in general). I didn't realize how popular that gen was. I didn't like that it back in the day, but I can't deny I'm enjoying this remake.

I’m upset that I forgot to mention Halo. I have been expecting huge numbers for it since summer, but it feels a little late to post my predictions now that the Beta is already a massive success.

Also, I would say Shin Megami Tensei V is a big success. It’s outdoing the previous entry everywhere. It only seems to be doing worse in Japan because we are comparing it to the 100% pure physical numbers of IV whereas V has a much stronger digital split that is not reflected by Famitsu. Once we finally get a press release with the actual sales numbers, I am sure people will be surprised by how much better it has done than IV.
BDSP is getting way more buzz than I was expecting (in general). I didn't realize how popular that gen was. I didn't like that it back in the day, but I can't deny I'm enjoying this remake.
I’ve felt the same way. I entirely skipped the DS games but I had a great time with them on Switch. As far as Pokemon games go, they may be top 3 for me!

Also, I would say Shin Megami Tensei V is a big success. It’s outdoing the previous entry everywhere. It only seems to be doing worse in Japan because we are comparing it to the 100% pure physical numbers of IV whereas V has a much stronger digital split that is not reflected by Famitsu. Once we finally get a press release with the actual sales numbers, I am sure people will be surprised by how much better it has done than IV.
Man I hope so.

Cuz looking at this week's MC thread, and comparing SMT4's week three total, then factoring in comments from Chris that the digital is not going to be so high (is it even 20%?) it almost feels like the franchise is in slight decline in Japan.

I understand that the absolute sales numbers are close enough at this point btwn 4 and 5 tho.

Just... still havent fully resolved in my head my divorcement from reality when I called upon 2.25+ million sales for SMT5, which was supposed to be tipped off by a surge in Japan :p

I predicted COD and Battlefield disappointing but GTA caught me by surprise.

1st party Nintendo (Pokémon, Mario Party, Metroid) & Xbox (Forza, Halo) look like they'll be the big winners this Q4.

Even with all of the copies sold already, I think there's room for Animal Crossing to have a very strong November and December. Not necessarily the biggest success, but moreso than a lot of folks would expect.

Even with all of the copies sold already, I think there's room for Animal Crossing to have a very strong November and December. Not necessarily the biggest success, but moreso than a lot of folks would expect.
I mostly think in terms of new games otherwise the answer would be minecraft, GTAV and MK8 every year :p.

The answer's definitely looking like BDSP at the moment- I was expecting a strong performance, but I was not expecting it to go blow-for-blow with Sword and Shield in several major markets.

Back
Top Bottom