• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Neom and MBC partner to establish First AAA games development studio in MENA region , Located in Saudi Arabia

Ryuichi Naruhodo

Disciple
The MBC Group, the biggest broadcaster in the Middle East and North Africa, has formed a joint venture with Neom, the $500 billion high-tech mega-city being built in Saudi Arabia, to set up the first AAA games development studio in the region.

Currently being incubated with developers from all over the world, the studio will relocate to Neom’s media hub next year and aims to produce high-production-value games for local, regional and international gamers.
The gaming studio will create opportunities for Saudi Arabia and regional gamers and developers seeking to build a career in the industry.

“We are now developing promising opportunities locally, regionally and globally by nurturing the Saudi game-development market,” Mr Al Nasr said.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/bus...aaa-games-development-studio-in-saudi-arabia/

Last edited:
I hope it won't be too similar to what western and East Asian studios put out, because it would be really cool to see more parts of the world represented in game creation. I hope the big scope ("AAA") doesn't stand in the way of that.

I hope it won't be too similar to what western and East Asian studios put out, because it would be really cool to see more parts of the world represented in game creation. I hope the big scope ("AAA") doesn't stand in the way of that.

Pearly Abyss is an interesting case study. They're making Crimson Desert which has a clear Western Fantasy influence. They're also making DokeV which takes clear inspiration from modern Korean culture.

This will be interesting to observe

Also it will be interesting to see if they will hire Veteran talents in the industry to setup the Studio on its early days or they will totally rely on MENA developers from the get go

This will be interesting to observe

Also it will be interesting to see if they will hire Veteran talents in the industry to setup the Studio on its early days or they will totally rely on MENA developers from the get go
Setting up a AAA studio without veteran senior staff would be stupid. You need professionals to manage scope and make sure there's a great product in the end. Hiring veteran members also doesn't prevent them from working on a game with local themes or influence from local cultures.

Setting up a AAA studio without veteran senior staff would be stupid. You need professionals to manage scope and make sure there's a great product in the end. Hiring veteran members also doesn't prevent them from working on a game with local themes or influence from local cultures.
Yea , Without much experience in AAA development , they need to hire Veterans to setup the studio in its beginning

Back
Top Bottom