• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Konami announces the establishment of Konami animation, first work is Yu-Gi-Oh! CARD GAME THE CHRONICLES

ggx2ac

Expert
(They publish Dark Souls)
Source: https://www.konami.com/games/corporate/ja/news/release/20240203/

KONAMI animation Official Website: http://animation.konami.net

logo.png

Press Release (Edge machine translated):
Announcement of the establishment of "KONAMI animation"
~ KONAMI for ANIME+Do. ~

February 03, 2024 18:30
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce that it has established "KONAMI animation" as a new organization with the aim of engaging in animation video production.

"KONAMI animation" is "adding KONAMI + to ANIME. With the tagline, we are an in-house studio that aims to dynamically evolve the so-called Japanimation by pouring all of the CG technology, know-how, and production environment that we have cultivated in game production into animation.
At KONAMI animation, we will strive to create animation every day with three values.
  • ① By applying the creation of an environment that supports game production, we will create an ideal environment for creators, and realize exuberant motivation and growling performance.
  • ② From drawing to directing, to the use of game engines, we pursue unparalleled expression from all perspectives, aiming for quality that touches the hearts of the world.
  • ③ Paying homage to the history of animation production, we will strive to create an original and efficient production flow by fusing avant-garde with game production technology and knowledge.

As the first work that the studio has worked on as a central role, the special video "Yu-Gi-Oh! CARD GAME THE CHRONICLES" has been released for the first time in the world.

KONAMI animation plans to work on a wide range of works without focusing solely on its own IP, while utilizing the know-how in digital content production that it has cultivated over the years. We will inform you about new works as soon as they are decided, so please look forward to it.

The studio is also looking for staff who are willing to take on the challenge of animation production in a new environment, as well as partner companies that will work together to create new works. For details, please contact us from the official website.

Their first work, Yu-Gi-Oh! CARD GAME THE CHRONICLES:

Their Konami animation logo does the Konami code.

Last edited:
A series about the cards' lore was such a no-brainer that I wonder how it wasn't made before. Hopefully it's good and does well

A series about the cards' lore was such a no-brainer that I wonder how it wasn't made before. Hopefully it's good and does well
Nothing's been announced yet but your post is what most people are predicting will happen eventually. Konami Animation also worked on the OP for the Reign of the Seven Spellblades anime.

What I would pay for an anime based on the Abyss\Albaz story. You have no idea how much I want that.
The albaz connected archetypes are ripe for a big series. Just so much lore.
In terms of the amount of content, Duel Terminal\Hidden Arsenal has the most to adapt, being three succeeding stories. World Legacy also has a grander scale. But as above, I'd absolutely love for them to make an Albaz anime.

Konami is a huge advertising company that has co-sponsored anime for decades, so this was obviously not entirely a shocking step in development for them, especially given they've been trying to shop around several of their IPs at branding shows over the years. Only thing I do wonder is if they have the resources to get animators for TV projects, because situation in Japan is a bit dire right now (but I wonder if they'll end up resourcing from a lot of web gen animators or not with international calls like a lot of studios have been doing as of late, which is it's own can of worms).

VR and AI video segments
Related to the above press release.

For anyone that didn't watch the livestream days ago.

Timestamped here is the VR segment of the livestream:

Here is the start of the AI segment (one of the guests duels the AI):

I know the joke already, "You mean a CPU?". Yes, but they'll be able to get the AI to build its own deck (because of deep learning/machine learning) as opposed to CPUs in past games where the decks were curated by a person.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Early Days collection is announced near the end of the stream.

Back
Top Bottom