Exputer: White Xbox Series X Digital Edition pictures leaked

Welfare

Staff
Scholar Archivist Staff
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
xboxseriesxwhite.jpg

(Picture collection from The Verge)

Expected to release either June or July
Microsoft is currently working to release a white-colored Xbox Series X with no disc reader, sources close to eXputer have revealed confidential footage to confirm it to us. This all-digital console is expected to be released sometime between the upcoming months of June and July, but there are chances for a slight delay on that front as well.

Improved heatsink and Nexus (Power/LED/Eject) board
Beyond the color switch-up and the lack of an optical disc drive (ODD), the other changes made to the white Xbox Series X shown to us include an improved heatsink and an upgraded Nexus card as opposed to the one on the current Xbox Series X. We are unable to share images of the new console at the time due to the secrecy of the matter.

Refrigerator to an air conditioner unit you see in the back yard 😭

Nvm, I'm an idiot.... why I think this was A PRO upgrade smh

Jk aside everything is getting leaked from Microsoft, what's going on here?

Edit:wait june/July this year?

Last edited:
Microsoft really has thrown in the towel.
This probably still has 7nm and they scrapped the new Sebile controller.

This is fine, no more no less. Nothing wrong with a new option that doesn’t require much R&D.

Man... The Series X's design looks even more plain and uninspired in white.

Having this now also exacerbates how much of a mistake the Series S was.

So this is the cheap version (more dedicated cylinder version to presumably come?), what they unfortunately did with the digital S. Just pull the disc drive out and change nothing (well, normal incremental stuff). cheapest way to go no new testing, no new assembly lines needed etc.

Interesting the rumors were correct on this then. A necessary fill out of the product lineup against PS5 DE for now.

Series S disc version up next...j/k

cool beans to see it in the flesh so fast anyway.

Edit wait, Verge is inferring this??
If Microsoft is planning to launch this particular disc-less Xbox Series X soon, that would suggest the company has canceled or pushed back the refreshed version of the Xbox Series X console that leaked in FTC v. Microsoft documents last year.

Really? Not so sure I see it that way, but when I think about it it does make some sense. Why would they need this if say the adorbs version was out in September?

Pricing is key. hoping it's 399 not 449. since it seems the disc versions of ps5 and xbs already frequently are 449 (a quick google shows the Series X at 449 rn Wal Mart, Target and Dell) despite the 499 msrp, street pricing will be interesting.

Too me that would further indicate a possible defocus on the XBS and correspondingly probably a damn the torpedoes full speed ahead launch of the next Xbox as early as 2026 (but I would guess 2027, because video games, always assume a delay).

the adorbs version may be linked with the new controller too according to the verge. i was kinda excited for that, so, bummer if true.

Last edited:
Redesign certainly was cancelled, doesn't make sense to launch a discless model in june/july with the original form.

I would like if they launch at least the sebile controller, but probably will not happen too.

Redesign certainly was cancelled, doesn't make sense to launch a discless model in june/july with the original form.

I would like if they launch at least the sebile controller, but probably will not happen too.
Yeah, at this rate I feel like they're probably gearing up for the new platform launch in 2026 and will save Sebile for that (and hopefully add gyro too, time for Xbox control to move past the PS2 era).

The focus on Series X/S now is looking more like a holding pattern and exploring profitability (with some 3rd party movement too) rather than really investing into growing userbase. Feels a bit like OG Xbox in 2005 while waiting for 360 to disrupt the usual cycle.

Yeah, at this rate I feel like they're probably gearing up for the new platform launch in 2026 and will save Sebile for that (and hopefully add gyro too, time for Xbox control to move past the PS2 era).

The focus on Series X/S now is looking more like a holding pattern and exploring profitability (with some 3rd party movement too) rather than really investing into growing userbase. Feels a bit like OG Xbox in 2005 while waiting for 360 to disrupt the usual cycle.

Hopefully whenever Xbox adds gyro it truly becomes a standard for shooters. I hate how support for the feature is so sparse.

Last edited:
They really trying with this one? Looks like a ugly fridge or a case from windows 94 era.

PS5 Slim it's not a piece of beauty, but is slim and does the work. Switch Oled it's simple, but pretty.

I hope the price is good, at least. Can we espect 350 or play safe and go 399?

They really trying with this one? Looks like a ugly fridge or a case from windows 94 era.

PS5 Slim it's not a piece of beauty, but is slim and does the work. Switch Oled it's simple, but pretty.

I hope the price is good, at least. Can we espect 350 or play safe and go 399?

I can see Microsoft trying to push this with a $450 MSRP, especially if it has expanded storage out of the box.

I'm tempted to buy this version. I don't love the color but at least it will fit in with the other white consoles..
(and the XSS|X design is simple and small enough so I won't have to hide it behind my TV)

The Xbox Series X design just looks so weird to me. Maybe it has because of how many different consoles I have seen over the year that a box shape like that just feels off to me.

I amcuriosu to see how this is priced priced compared tot he current Xbox Series X.

shame they didn't go with the rounded version from the leak. totes not adorable now

white just looks weird here

how anybody can have strong opinions about rectangle consoles is beyond me. like when some people called the wii the most beautiful console ever. like what, it's a internal pc dvd player, i know from building my own pcs.

def does look weird in white tho. could also be the camera/photos.

after having wrote my post yesterday, i think the most logical explanation is adorbs xsx is no longer coming. so i guess xbox wont phase out the blue ray version after all is my guess. which i find a bit of a bummer, but also probably makes sense, it's probably too early. maybe next gen sony/ms will go all digital. my hunch is ms is, as rumored, really rushing to get the next gen machine out asap (so, probably fall 2027, despite any alleged 2026 target, imo). they are not going to expend a lot of further r&d expense on this gen, so thats why this is a thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom