• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Capcom: Monster Hunter World reaches 20M units (includes Iceborne Master Edition) [Up: 25M units (includes Iceborne ME) on MH Series 20th anniversary]

Squeenix first repurposed the highly anticipated Versus 13 into a mainline FF, then brought back what many consider the most anticipated remake in gaming, then went after the Game of Thrones crowd with another mainline FF. All were reasonably successful enough but meanwhile at From Software, Bandai Namco and Capcom headquarters...

giphy.gif

Monster Hunter World and Elden Ring swooped in took their crown and ate their lunch.
I'd add Zelda to that shortlist. Square has really been left in the dust compared to it's ARPG peers, both with FF and KH.

Automata is similarly impressive I think (considering where it started) but even that's Enix side.

I'd add Zelda to that shortlist. Square has really been left in the dust compared to it's ARPG peers, both with FF and KH.

Automata is similarly impressive I think (considering where it started) but even that's Enix side.
It’s such an unfathomably stupid situation I can’t help but find it funny at this point.

FF atp is the guide to mismanaging your franchise.

Squeenix first repurposed the highly anticipated Versus 13 into a mainline FF, then brought back what many consider the most anticipated remake in gaming, then went after the Game of Thrones crowd with another mainline FF. All were reasonably successful enough but meanwhile at From Software, Bandai Namco and Capcom headquarters...

giphy.gif

Monster Hunter World and Elden Ring swooped in took their crown and ate their lunch.

With the vastly different approaches in all FF games since XI, I’m not surprised they have been unable to keep any audience other than the MMO crowd.

I remember when this launched I think it was Xbox, playstation and pc simultaneously? After the series being so big on psp and Nintendo handhelds I don't think anyone thought it would peak on home consoles and pc. Making this game was risky at the time but in the end it was the best decision they ever made.

I remember when this launched I think it was Xbox, playstation and pc simultaneously? After the series being so big on psp and Nintendo handhelds I don't think anyone thought it would peak on home consoles and pc. Making this game was risky at the time but in the end it was the best decision they ever made.

It was Xbox and PS first then PC a few months later.

Back
Top Bottom