• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Multiversus Performance/Progress Thread [LATEST UPDATE: 20m players in <1month]

I'd say less "relaunch it" and more "nuked it from high heaven and started from scratch"

BouncyDefenselessGrison-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, that is what I've heard. While I think what Multiverses did is pretty lowdown since it is obvious that this wasn't part of their plan and should offer refunds to people who wants it they could pull a FF14. Granted, not holding my breath since FF14 is a miracle game.

Yeah, that is what I've heard. While I think what Multiverses did is pretty lowdown since it is obvious that this wasn't part of their plan and should offer refunds to people who wants it they could pull a FF14. Granted, not holding my breath since FF14 is a miracle game.
FF14 handled things a lot better, I think

FF14 isn't a good comparison because the game was a complete disaster at launch, so bad the company apologized and committed to fixing it. They then staffed up and basically redid the whole game for it's relaunch.

Multiversus had essentially the opposite problem, the beta launch was so big that the team wasn't ready to handle the success. The game was too successful to end the beta, but the team wasn't staffed up to handle the mixture of keeping the game functioning and working on new content. At this point the lack of content killed most people's interest, and it's going to be hard to sell people on 9-12 months to jump back in when the "full game" releases.

The “full release” is gonna have to do a lot for it capture the attention of people like the initial launch did. It’s either that or they try & claw their way back, like No Man’s Sky did, into relevance but that too is also kinda an outlier.

Back
Top Bottom