• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PS5/XBS Stock Watch: 2024 and Beyond

Back in stock again looool
We have yet to see this. The Series X constantly coming back in stock at Gamestop, Walmart, and I think BestBuy/Target. Hope this is not just an end of the quarter push and we see more restocks going forward. MS must have paid a lot to get this level of stock.

Before dropMonthlyHourly
Xbox Series X
13​
5​
Xbox Series S
30​
37​
Playstation 5 DE
51​
-​
Xbox Series S Epic Bundle
79​
92​
Playstation 5
-​
-​

After drop (1st update)MonthlyHourly
Xbox Series X
8​
Xbox Series S
46​
Playstation 5 DE
3​
Xbox Series S Epic Bundle
86​
Playstation 5
1​

short before end of Month MonthlyHourly
Xbox Series X127
Playstation 51857
Xbox Series S3442
Playstation 5 DE35-
Xbox Series S Epic Bundle8586

Also the PS5 and Series X shot up in the yearly Amazon.co.uk bestseller list.
#29 PS5
#34 Series S
#36 Series X
#40 Series S Epic Bundle

Sadly I don't have the rankings before this march drop. So I can't tell if they jumped from outside the top 100 or from inside the top 50 - 100

Last edited:
short before end of Month MonthlyHourly
Xbox Series X127
Playstation 51857
Xbox Series S3442
Playstation 5 DE35-
Xbox Series S Epic Bundle8586

Also the PS5 and Series X shot up in the yearly Amazon.co.uk bestseller list.
#29 PS5
#34 Series S
#36 Series X
#40 Series S Epic Bundle

Sadly I don't have the rankings before this march drop. So I can't tell if they jumped from outside the top 100 or from inside the top 50 - 100
I didn't record it but iirc PS5 disc was in the high 50s for yearly rank before this drop, maybe like 56 ish?

Series X was also below it in the yearly chart when I checked near the start of it being in stock, I think about mid 60s, but that might have included some sales of the current stock already.

Even for Xbox, I do not see the Series X never running OOS this year.
Thig big of a drop wont happen again in April and May. Smaller shipments are possible tho. The next huge one should be June.
In the second half of the year demand will increase. Then there will be the holidays where Microsoft needs a lot of stock.

2023 H1 is most likely both Series S and Series X being available all the time at every major retailer in every market.
For the PS5 I won't even make a prediction. To hard to tell demand and supply. I sure hope it won't last until 2024

The PS5 restock on Amazon must have been big. It was in stock for like 15mins.

Yeah, must've been crazy high, since PS5's have always sold out within seconds. Hopefully, we get to a point later this year where everyone who wants an Xbox and/or PlayStation can get one easily with no trouble.

The PS5 restock on Amazon must have been big. It was in stock for like 15mins.
That's weird.
A PS5 lasting 15 minutes on Amazon looks like a 100k drop.
But PS5 DE being 100k for one retailer only and with the regular 1:4 ratio is 500k or more PS5 for the month and unrealistic.

Amazon had several ~50k drops. Maybe it sold slower this time. Even 50k PS5 DE seem huge. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The only Amazon.de drop in March, that happened today, was very low. PS5 ended up just #5 in the hourly bestsellers list and is already down to #10

Last edited:
Before the PS5 DE drop is counted

Amazon 2022
#10 NSW OLED White
#18 Series S
#23 NSW Neon
#70 NSW Animal Crossing
#88 PS5

Amazon March 2022
#11 NSW OLED White
#15 NSW Neon
#24 Series S
#72 Series S Fortnite Bundle

That's weird.
A PS5 lasting 15 minutes on Amazon looks like a 100k drop.
But PS5 DE being 100k for one retailer only and with the regular 1:4 ratio is 500k or more PS5 for the month and unrealistic.

Amazon had several ~50k drops. Maybe it sold slower this time. Even 50k PS5 DE seem huge. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The only Amazon.de drop in March, that happened today was very low. PS5 ended up just #5 in the hourly bestsellers list and is already down to #10
Yeah I was surprised to see it stay in stock that long since it usually sells out a lot quicker. Since Amazon announced the restock there was definitely some serious stock there but we have to wait for the monthly update to see how big it really was.

I guess the drop is done? It's sold out but it didn't land in Weekly, Monthly or 2022 (so far).

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the drop is done? It's sold out but it didn't land in Weekly, Monthly or 2022 (so far).
It takes a few hours for those charts to update.

I don't think the drop was that big. Already dropped to #2 in the hourly when most items hold at #1 long after selling out.

It takes a few hours for those charts to update.

I don't think the drop was that big. Already dropped to #2 in the hourly when most items hold at #1 long after selling out.
Sad! More stock is better for people who want a PS5.
So it was probably just some checkout issues.

Anyways I expect a very interesting March. Nintendo stock seem to be plentiful, too this month!?

Tomorrow is Sony's fiscal year right? I remember them saying their chip shortage was going improve or something along those lines.

Wonder if they will say something tomorrow about it.

Tomorrow is Sony's fiscal year right? I remember them saying their chip shortage was going improve or something along those lines.

Wonder if they will say something tomorrow about it.
It is but we don't get the financial statements until May. (in Sony case and also Square Enix/Nintendo/Capcom/JP companies in general)

Post PS5 DE drop

Amazon 2022
#10 NSW OLED White
#18 Series S
#22 NSW Neon
#70 NSW Animal Crossing
#88 PS5

Amazon March 2022
#11 NSW OLED White
#15 NSW Neon
#22 Series S
#53 PS5 DE
#81 Series S Fortnite Bundle

DE didn't sell a lot. Not enough to enter the 2022 top sellers (so less than what PS5 sold in February) and not even top 50 for March. PS5 in February placed #19 for comparison.

Why is the Fortnite Bundle lower than the basic S lol. Seems like there’s always Fortnite bundles in stock and its basically free money and a popular game(s)

Why is the Fortnite Bundle lower than the basic S lol. Seems like there’s always Fortnite bundles in stock and its basically free money and a popular game(s)
It was a holiday bundle and is in low to no supply everywhere.

Series X now on Amazon US.

Thankfully it was today because of the way Amazon Monthly rankings work, it goes from the first to last day, like normal, and not week to week.

This just got a lot juicier.

I said March 2022 will be the biggest non Holiday Xbox Series month, but the amount of Series X supply in combination with Series S availability is truly astonishing.

PS4 sold ~540k in September 2014. There is no big new IP to drive sales, but maybe Hardware demand alone will be enough for Xbox Series to come close to somewhere around 500k.

vz8oZEw.jpg

That was the previous lowest Series X resell market price.
We're at $550 already and it should drop even lower.

Last edited:
I said March 2022 will be the biggest non Holiday Xbox Series month, but the amount of Series X supply in combination with Series S availability is truly astonishing.

PS4 sold ~540k in September 2014. There is no big new IP to drive sales, but maybe Hardware demand alone will be enough for Xbox Series to come close to somewhere around 500k.

vz8oZEw.jpg

500k US alone for march would be really big.

vz8oZEw.jpg

I think March will be a solid month but I'm not sure if StockX is a good indicator as there’s been bigger non holiday months than June/July last year.

Xbox Series X back in stock on Amazon and Walmart. It's still up and is #1 in Best Sellers hourly.

I think March will be a solid month but I'm not sure if StockX is a good indicator as there’s been bigger non holiday months than June/July last year.
I didn't want to imply that. Just a good indicator of supply and demand discrepancy.

January 2022 was the lowest point for PS5 for example.
Makes sense. Demand after Christmas drops a lot, but Sony had plenty of shipments in late December and into early January.

After that stock dried up again, demand went higher and the March dip is a lot softer compared to Series X
AVamu2w.jpg

Those aren't publisher made, but Gamestop trying to get more revenue from desperate fans.

Before Series X update

Amazon 2022
#10 NSW OLED White
#18 Series S
#22 NSW Neon
#70 NSW Animal Crossing
#88 PS5

Amazon March 2022
#11 NSW OLED White
#15 NSW Neon
#22 Series S
#53 PS5 DE
#81 Series S Fortnite Bundle

Amazon March 2022 - Week Starting March 28
#2 PS5 DE
#8 NSW OLED White
#17 NSW Neon
#21 Series S
#89 NSW Animal Crossing

No denying it now I guess, in half a day the Series X nearly sold as much as the Switch OLED White did the whole month of March on Amazon.

Amazon 2022
#10 NSW OLED White
#18 Series S
#21 NSW Neon
#63 Series X
#71 NSW Animal Crossing
#90 PS5

Amazon March 2022
#11 NSW OLED White
#13 Series X
#15 NSW Neon
#24 Series S
#56 PS5 DE
#82 Series S Fortnite Bundle

#2 Series X
#4 PS5 DE
#9 NSW OLED White
#19 NSW Neon
#27 Series S
#94 NSW Animal Crossing

No denying it now I guess, in half a day the Series X nearly sold as much as the Switch OLED White did the whole month of March on Amazon.

Amazon 2022
#10 NSW OLED White
#18 Series S
#21 NSW Neon
#63 Series X
#71 NSW Animal Crossing
#90 PS5

Amazon March 2022
#11 NSW OLED White
#13 Series X
#15 NSW Neon
#24 Series S
#56 PS5 DE

#2 Series X
#4 PS5 DE
#9 NSW OLED White
#19 NSW Neon
#27 Series S
#94 NSW Animal Crossing
Holy shit. That's insane.

Wow 😲

This has got to be the biggest non-holiday month for Xbox Series yet, and probably by a decent margin too.

I'm thinking Xbox and PS5 straight up reversed positions from last year. XBS could actually hit 500K in March.

Amazon 2022
#10 NSW OLED White
#18 Series S
#21 NSW Neon
#63 Series X
#71 NSW Animal Crossing
#90 PS5

Amazon March 2022
#11 NSW OLED White
#13 Series X
#15 NSW Neon
#24 Series S
#56 PS5 DE

#2 Series X
#4 PS5 DE
#9 NSW OLED White
#19 NSW Neon
#27 Series S
#94 NSW Animal Crossing
Seeing Series X at #1 on the list now under Video Games but idk if thats for this week or how it works? Everything below it like PS5 DE and SWOLED has shifted down a peg or two though so maybe?

Seeing Series X at #1 on the list now under Video Games but idk if thats for this week or how it works? Everything below it like PS5 DE and SWOLED has shifted down a peg or two though so maybe?
The regular best sellers list is an hourly ranking that has a decay built in.

Out of stock items like the PS5 DE hang around still because of this decay.

The regular best sellers list is an hourly ranking that has a decay built in.

Out of stock items like the PS5 DE hang around still because of this decay.
Yeah it's kind of like a "what's hot right now" that uses some really weird formula looking at recent sales, and the formula updates every hour. I'd love to know exactly what kind of calculation it's doing.

So the best sellers ranking, updated hourly, should only be used to judge just that - what items have been hot recently, but with the weird formula you can't use it to tank anything against anything else. You could have one item which sold more in the last day but is ranked lower than another or anything like that.

As for March NPD I agree with the sentiment of Xbox having a huge month, this seems to be by far the most drops I've ever seen for it and lots of big ones too (not counting holiday months). A role reversal from last March may well be spot on.

Back
Top Bottom