• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PlayStation hits record high of 123M monthly active console users in December 2023 (112M in Dec 2022)

enpleinjour

Enthusiast
Pronouns
He/Him

From the leaks
Playstation Jan 2023 MAU:
  • PS5 - 36.3M
  • PS4 - 76.9M
  • Off console - 27.5M
  • Total console - 113.2M
  • Total Network - 140.7M
  • Jan 2024 console MAU - 123M
Xbox Apr 22 MAU:
  • Console - 51.3M
  • XBL - 112M
Steam EoY 2021:
  • 132M
EGS EoY 2022:
  • 68M
Nintendo:

Did they not reveal the PS5 sold through number this time?

They revealed it around 3 weeks ago. They won't do it every few weeks. :) Well, you can expect next reveal of shipment numbers in their next financial report.

How do they define Monthly Active Users? Is someone having a PS app on their phone part of the monthly active user or is just gaming related (when they turn they PS5 on)?

Not that it matters, just curious.

How do they define Monthly Active Users? Is someone having a PS app on their phone part of the monthly active user or is just gaming related (when they turn they PS5 on)?

Not that it matters, just curious.

That would be off console number.
MAU console (as with Nintendo and Xbox) are accounts being active in a time period (day, month, year etc).

The tweet says 123m is network/ecosystem MAU though, not console MAU. Did the tweeter get their wires crossed?

Roblox effect ;)

From the leak. It was 2M MAU as of Feb 2023
I play my ps3 weekly but it really surprised me there's still 2M of us. I spent about 30€ on ps3 store but a lot more on second hand discs for it. I'm sure they still make a few million a year from it.

I play my ps3 weekly but it really surprised me there's still 2M of us. I spent about 30€ on ps3 store but a lot more on second hand discs for it. I'm sure they still make a few million a year from it.
Wife and I use ours for video streaming. Wonder if that counts too.

Am I reading this right, does the overall Xbox users (112m) match the Playstation console users (113m)?

I wonder how much of that EGS number is Fortnite. I always fear that if Fortnite fades away in 3 years time or so, that the EGS will go with it.

Am I reading this right, does the overall Xbox users (112m) match the Playstation console users (113m)?

I wonder how much of that EGS number is Fortnite. I always fear that if Fortnite fades away in 3 years time or so, that the EGS will go with it.

No, you are counting Xbox network MAU (which includes PC, mobile, Minecraft etc)
Xbox console MAU on Apr 22 was 51M

Xbox 1st party MAU (all games across any platform) was 150m last June.

Expect that to rise dramatically post-ABK merger (356m MAU in June).

Console MAU as they announced it as the highest MAU number ever. If it was network, it would need to be >140M.
Right but it isn't what the tweet actually says. Is there another source potentially?

Last edited:
Xbox 1st party MAU (all games across any platform) was 150m last June.

Expect that to rise dramatically post-ABK merger (356m MAU in June).

Right but it isn't what the tweet actually says. Is there another source potentially?
The live CES announcement.

Back
Top Bottom