• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Official Betting Community Thread: Explainer, Discussion, and Creation of Community Bets [Xbox Showcase + Starfield Direct]

Welfare

Staff
Scholar Archivist Staff
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hello! Welcome to the Official Hangout for Official Betting! (official) This is the thread where you can discuss bets currently ongoing, provide feedback, and even come together as a community to make your bets.

First, let me detail how betting works on Install Base

Betting Cash
Every user starts out with ¤2,000 cash. You can find this by going to your profile.

image.png

This is what you use to participate in Official Bets. If a user's funds were to get too low, we will grant them additional cash so they can continue to participate.

Navigation
When you navigate to the Official Betting section by the top banner

image.png

You'll see a list of bets that are available along with all the categories that we put each bet in.

There are three states a bet can be in. Open, Awaiting, Settled.

image.png

Open: Bet is available to place wagers
Awaiting: Bet has closed and outcomes have to be settled
Settled: Bet has finished

Outcomes
Inside of a Bet are Outcomes, seen in the Event section. These Outcomes are options for you to place Wagers on (Wagers are how much cash you are putting down on that outcome).

The different Outcomes in the Will the PS5 hit its 25 Million shipment forecast for the April 2023 to March 2024 Fiscal Year? Bet.

image.png

You can see that Outcomes could have different odds. These odds are changeable by the one creating the bet and are meant to award different amounts of cash depending on how likely or unlikely an outcome is.

Wagers
When you decide to place a Wager by clicking the Place Wager button, you'll see this pop up

image.png

You'll see the current odds, the box where you input how much cash you want to wager, your available cash, and then the wager limits, if there are any.

Wager limits can be used with different odds to customize how much you want a particular Outcome to reward. An Outcome can also have a minimum wager higher than 0.

Member Bets
You can create Member Bets inside of Official Bet. This allows you to create your own Outcome and challenge another member.

image.png

image.png

Comments
You can place comments in a bet as if it were a thread.

Discussion
Bets can be tied to a thread that already exists in the forum. That thread is labeled the discussion thread and when a thread is tied to a bet, this what the top of the thread looks like

image.png

Community Bets
This is a work in progress. The idea is that the staff will not always be aware of what has the community's attention on what might be worth putting some cash on. This thread can be used as place to show interest and support for bets any member comes up with, and if enough support is shown in the thread (probably via poll), we can then turn that into a Community Bet. This thread would then be used as the official discussion thread for those bets.

The Outcomes and Odds would have to be determined either by whoever made the bet, community consensus, or collaboration with the staff. The staff would then post the bet in the Community section, and the bet is made official.

We could have multiple Community Bets active at once, again, this is work in progress.

To Wrap Up
If you have any questions regarding the above or feedback, post them here! Other than that, use this thread to discuss anything relating to what happens in the Official Betting section!

I've seen a fair bit of curiosity on the topic here, especially with it not seeing release in Japan where we get some sense of sale strength in unit numbers, so might I recommend a Reboot Camp bet on total WW units sold? In terms of structure, I think anything under 750K feels like the safe bet, so could probably structure the bet in 250K intervals, up to... 1.5mil? (So, <750K, 750K-1M, 1-1.25M, 1.25-1.5M, >1.5M)
Open to suggestions.

EDIT: I guess I mean for the first sales quarter, since we’d likely never see a meaningful update to sales after that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom