• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Metroid Prime sales (31March and Lifetime) predictions

SergioPL

Student
In advance, I apologize for my limited English.
I really hope for the success of the Metroid franchise and I will acquire Metroid Prime in physical form. I would like to know the sales forecast you expect from the title. Mine would be: 1.2 million by the end of the fiscal year, with a total of 2.9 million copies, lifetime. Obviously I hope to be wrong, because the title deserves to sell much more. Thank you for everyone's participation!

What did Dread do, so I'll have a baseline? Off the top of my head I'll say half of whatever Dread's number was. I don't think the shadow drop helped visibility and/or buzz in the same way we saw recently with Hi-Fi Rush.

My hope is that it will become a million seller by the end of March, especially given there are people that will double dip with the physical version release later.

What did Dread do, so I'll have a baseline? Off the top of my head I'll say half of whatever Dread's number was. I don't think the shadow drop helped visibility and/or buzz in the same way we saw recently with Hi-Fi Rush.
2,9 millions for Dread.
But, the last update is a long time ago.

I would be happy if it did 1.5-1.8M. It would be a perfectly fine result and most likely a good return on investment.

And quite frankly, I don't see it go much higher than that.

Metroid Dread was extremely front loaded. I expect Primes lower price and incredible reputation will mitigate that but I doubt it will have such good legs.
I can say it’s the top eshop game in NA right now

It was #1 in 4 hours or less. I checked the charts at 9:51pm EST on release day. It was on eshop at 6PM EST.

I feel like there are a lot more potential buyers within the Switch ecosystem than there ever have been for any of its previous releases. This will for sure be the top selling version of the game I feel like.

It will be interesting to see how many of the chart regions it tops after only a few days out.

I hope it's going to do really well.

Just saw a thread pop up on Resetera and the following is certainly a good sign:
OdvoHvG.png

5JpJ12Y.png

Looks like Nintendo may have underestimated demand for the physical release.

Honestly surprised that Hogwarts Switch is that high considering it isn't out for 5 months.
On topic, pretty strong performance from this remaster to be ahead of Hogwarts on its launch day. It's definitely going to cross 1m this quarter and probably clear 3 million lifetime. Unsure if it will beat Dread in the end at this point, but it will definitely be in the running.

I think it will sell well for being the remaster of a game in a series that rarely sold 2+mil copies (maybe just Prime and Dread?)

Let's hope to see it in the next fiscal report (May?), because would mean become a million seller already

If so, it could go up to 1.8/2mil if Metroid Prime 4 will release in a timely manner

The real question will be MP4. I think it will do over 5 million if it is as good as Prime 1. I think the quality dropped with Prime 2 and 3 but I feel the lacking hardware of the GC and the audience mismatch of the Wii always held it back, Now watch Prime 1 outsell the GC game with ease even with a shadow drop.

Given the fact that Metroid Prime 4 will look even better and be more impressive in it's gameplay style than Metroid Prime 1, is it possible that Metroid Prime 4 sells 10 million lifetime(so over 3-4 years)? I think it's basically guaranteed to hit 5 million in all honesty.

1M by the end of March, 2-2.5M lifetime. It won’t outsell Dread, but Prime 4 will.

About the quality of the trilogy.
I put the first one in a place that few games achieve. A truly masterpiece.
Metroid Prime 2 is awesome too, but the difficulty and overall design, makes the game not in the same level. But, it’s a “must buy” for every Nintendo fan.
I put Metroid Prime 3 above the second, but not in the same level of the first one.
The Wii controls scheme is very intuitive, the graphics is a step up from the Game Cube era, and the design is almost in the same level of the Prime 1.
I have Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, but never played. I think this is one of the greatest compilation of all time.

3M is possible I feel. It's lower price is helping a lot with that.
Over 1.5M at the end of March and then a good boost thanks to Metroid Prime 4 later on. It will keep selling well for a long time I think because of the pricing and the particularly high quality.

The shadow drop nature of the title will definitely help it "pop off" so to speak, so my expectations are quite high. I think at least 1 million is on the table for sure, and how high it goes is a bit harder to estimate.

The price, the shadow drop, the glowing impressions, all say to me this could do some really great numbers.

1.5 million in its first quarter.

3 million LTD.

To add to the others' points, I think the price point make it easier and push people to jump on the game.

Metroid Prime was the best selling game, until Metroid Dread, arrives.
Now, 20 years after, they have a chance to a second round.

I.... I really don't think this is going to outsell the original release, y'all. I just don't see it. Nor do I see it outselling Dread. I don't know what it's going to sell, but I know that sounds too high

I have no doubt it'll crest a million in the first quarter, but I don't think its legs will be spectacular. Dread's legs weren't. Maybe 1.5M lifetime? 2 million would be a great result

I.... I really don't think this is going to outsell the original release, y'all. I just don't see it. Nor do I see it outselling Dread. I don't know what it's going to sell, but I know that sounds too high
Just a technicality (someone correct me if I am wrong) - I think Dread already outsold the original MP.

I have no doubt it'll crest a million in the first quarter, but I don't think its legs will be spectacular. Dread's legs weren't. Maybe 1.5M lifetime? 2 million would be a great result
Dread actually continues to sell even without discounts below the radar to this day, at least in the US eShop.

I don't think it'll have an explosive start like Dread but I really see the value of having a game like this out there, readily available and looking this good. It's a classic, always relevant in some way, and with Prime 4 coming and then whatever next 2D game will be... Prime Remastered will be there all glorious and waiting for new people to be interested in it.

Just a technicality (someone correct me if I am wrong) - I think Dread already outsold the original MP.

Dread actually continues to sell even without discounts below the radar to this day, at least in the US eShop.
Yes, I should have said "much less Dread"

I'd be interested in having updated Dread numbers, though I guess that's going to need to wait for the dang old white book, but if I had to back off from this point I'll stand on the "this shouldn't be expected to outsell Dread" hill

Yes, I should have said "much less Dread"

I'd be interested in having updated Dread numbers, though I guess that's going to need to wait for the dang old white book, but if I had to back off from this point I'll stand on the "this shouldn't be expected to outsell Dread" hill
Since Dread should be already over 3M, MP Remastered outselling it is extremely unlikely.

an optimistic take, the remaster will become the best selling Metroid game published until now :
1.8 M by March.
3.4 M lifetime.

While I highly doubt Metroid Prime Remastered will become the best-selling Metroid game, I am now extremely confident in Retro's ability to deliver on Metroid Prime 4, which I do expect to become the best-selling Metroid game.

Back
Top Bottom