• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Game Pass Ultimate Accounts for Nearly 70-80% of Game Pass Subscribers

Are you subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate?

• Total voters

Welfare

Staff
Scholar Archivist Staff
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Screenshot_20230730-201031.jpg

Relevant text
With Game Pass Ultimate, which accounts for nearly [70-80]% of the current [...] million Game Pass subscribers, Microsoft may have a [...] which Microsoft discusses in its internal documents.

Link to document https://ec.europa.eu/competition/mergers/cases1/202330/M_10646_9311516_7443_3.pdf…

Considering Game Pass was at 25M before the European Commission began looking into the case, and Game Pass has had continuous quarterly YOY growth since January 2021, the range for GPU should be at least 17.5M to 20M, probably close to 20M as of today.

I believe the new games are behind Ultimate, right? So that wouldn't be surprising then to me that most users go for the Ultimate package at 20$/mo or something like that. MS is definitely making good money off of Game Pass.

I believe the new games are behind Ultimate, right? So that wouldn't be surprising then to me that most users go for the Ultimate package at 20$/mo or something like that. MS is definitely making good money off of Game Pass.
Xbox-Wire_SKU-chart_English_1920x1080_01-3d252e8eca2501f34d43.jpg

New games are behind all GamePass tiers outside of Core (which is what the current Xbox Live will become soon).

Ultimate gives all benefits of Gamepass Console + PC + Core (and cloud streaming too) so its not surprising that it is the most popular tier.

Xbox-Wire_SKU-chart_English_1920x1080_01-3d252e8eca2501f34d43.jpg

New games are behind all GamePass tiers outside of Core (which is what the current Xbox Live will become soon).

Ultimate gives all benefits of Gamepass Console + PC + Core (and cloud streaming too) so its not surprising that it is the most popular tier.

Ahh the new games are actually starting at 10.99$, good to see. I guess the deals and benefits are suitable for people to jump up to 17$ (not 20$ which I wrongfully thought above).

Ahh the new games are actually starting at 10.99$, good to see. I guess the deals and benefits are suitable for people to jump up to 17$ (not 20$ which I wrongfully thought above).
I find no value in cloud, but I'm at GPU because it was cheaper then gold + gp which are the two I use. I would happily love to save a buck or two a month to not have cloud steaming.

Makes sense since Ultimate includes Gold and also there was the Gold to Ultimate 1:1 conversion that results in an excellent deal.

Back
Top Bottom