• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Your most recent videogame related purchase.

IMG-20230729-173307.jpg

Finally got her. By far the most expensive purchase for me this year, can finally go back to saving money >_>

But she's gorgeous. Easily the most beautiful Xenoblade-figure yet.

IMG-20230729-173307.jpg

Finally got her. By far the most expensive purchase for me this year, can finally go back to saving money >_>

Awesome! How much was it?

I have the Trinity box soundtrack on the way.

This week I got some Xenoblade goods: the Pyra and Mythra amiibos and the Trinity Box OST. Really happy.

xeno.jpg

IMG-20230729-173307.jpg

She's really gorgeous. I also received her last month, but because it took so long from preorder to actually arrive, the place I had reserved for her ended up being occupied, so for now she's waiting in her box until I get a new bookshelf...

If anyone is curious about who took her space in the bookshelf... (NSFW I think)
...is Raikou from FGO
FwIDXYTWYAQ825M

BTW, I don't know if any admin reads this thread, but shouldn't it be on "Hangouts"?

This week I got some Xenoblade goods: the Pyra and Mythra amiibos and the Trinity Box OST. Really happy.

xeno.jpg

She's really gorgeous. I also received her last month, but because it took so long from preorder to actually arrive, the place I had reserved for her ended up being occupied, so for now she's waiting in her box until I get a new bookshelf...

If anyone is curious about who took her space in the bookshelf... (NSFW I think)
...is Raikou from FGO
FwIDXYTWYAQ825M

BTW, I don't know if any admin reads this thread, but shouldn't it be on "Hangouts"?
My soundtracks stll haven't been shipped :( Got an email vom proycon saying that they advised the shipment carriers to pack the soundtrack extra careful, so it takes more time, untl the end of August. It looks absolutely stunning on your photo, though. I love the backside-picture that all the disc cases together create <3

You seem to have a nice place for your collecton stuff, I'm interested to see an overview photo if you wanna share one ^^

It's a wonder your Nia-replacement doesn't need additional stand poles for her front side >_>

Finally my most awaited games of the year (so far) arrived. And as an extra I also got both Fate/Extella games (it took me many tries to put up that game tower without the Fate games falling off immediately).

tenmp.jpg
Not really a fan of Danganronpa but that RainCode box art is awesome. Might have to pick up the limited edition just for display purposes.

Nintendo Switch games I have bought the last month :

Pikmin 4
Double Dragon Gaiden
Return to Monkey Island
Tunic
Disney Illusion Island
Ghost Trick
Final Fantasy IX
Ib

Last month:
Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

This month:
Red Dead Redemption

Edit: And finally I finished ToTK two days ago (360 hours, most of the time just goofing around :), so only ~62% completion). I'm not a completionist, just a leisurely player, and I just kept finding small things I wanted to do before going off to my encounter with he who must not be named...

Last edited:
Bought so far in August on Switch.
  • Arcade Archives: Mad Shark
  • Deltazeal
  • Marble It Up! Ultra
  • Shinobi non Grata
  • Vampire Survivors (+DLC)

You seem to have a nice place for your collecton stuff, I'm interested to see an overview photo if you wanna share one ^^
Currently is an unorganized mess. Next month I plan to reorganize it completely and get a new bookshelf, then I'll happily share an overview photo :)

4OfIiHG.jpeg

Sure it's not my latest video game purchase (well, it may be my latest physical one, dont make many of those anymore). But I've been enjoying my Retroid Pocket 2+ a lot lately. I just pick it up and play a level of mario world here and there.

i tend to fall easily prey to the "buy crap I dont need", so I'm making myself hold off any of the newer chinese retro handhelds, until at least RP4 comes out depending. Or my next handheld will probably be a 300-400 dollar monster that can emulate Switch. So until then I'm happy with the RP2+ for a few big reasons. It has good power for it's era (I only play 16-bit anyway really), it's compact, although I dont have one of the gameboy style retro handhelds that are currently all the rage, I strongly suspect this side by side form factor is much better for me. I dont really test the battery life too much as I'm playing in short bursts around the house but it seems good. I like that it charges by USB-C, it's such a nice little thing vs micro USB, makes it feel more modern. I have a nice laptop in other respects and surprised how much it's barrel charger annoys me.

If I have one niggle, well besides that it has one analog slider instead of stick, which is more a theoretical as I dont play 3D games on it anyway, it's that the screen quality IMO is not amazing. It's decent, not a terrible TN panel or anything, but it doesn't pop like a great IPS display does. It's "fine" but being as most retro handhelds seem to have better displays in 2023, I do kinda wish it did. I paid about 115 some time ago for this. Overall a big thumbs up. To me handhelds can easily become tweeners, too big really for good portability, trying to do too much. This is nice in that it knows exactly what it is and what niche it fills.

Just snagged One Piece Odyssey on sale through a Steam Key. Not sure if I will play it anytime soon but $25 for a RPG is impulse buy territory for me.

Got a question, did it bring the flutes?

I thought it was supposed to have replicas of Mio and Noah' flutes.
I haven't yet opened the boxes, sorry. Will do that when I have some actual time on my hand >_> Maybe around Christmas. But surely some reddit-users have posted pictures?

Wait, which box are you guys talking about? The flutes are supposedly part of the XB3-soundtrack, so ofc they wouldn't be in the "All Xenoblade Series"-soundtrack box.

Got 13 Sentinels on Switch for 18 bucks. Was kind of baffled it wasn't on PC but still a really good deal for it.

My new Switch buys so far in October:
  • Arcade Archives: Darius II
  • EGG Console: Relics PC-8801
  • Front Mission 2: Remake
  • River City: Rival Showdown
4 old games, lol. And along the same lines, I got an Analogue Pocket (smoke model).

I have a picture of the Master Archive Rain Code copy I just bought during the Amazon sales with "DANGANRONPA 4" plastered on it on a small piece of paper but I'm too lazy to find a way to upload pictures online so just imagine it (and the real picture would be disappointing).

I have also recently bought Ikaruga, Musashihimesama and GTA IV on Steam.

I recently got Space Harrier on Switch, it's a nice source of inspiration for a small project I was brainstorming.

Got Persona 5 Tactica Limited Edition for Switch today. Pretty nice box. Too lazy to take a pic, so I'll just steal one from Carousell. It looks like this:

_ps5_ps4_switch_5__p5t_persona_1700145621_d5afa3f3_progressive

Watch the first two minutes for the unboxing:

I was just in New York for a work trip and went to the Nintendo Store in Rockefeller Center.

I bought for my boys a bowser soft toy, a goomba soft toy, a Mario riding Yoshi soft toy, a bowser t-shirt, and Mario themed watch caps. I will be getting a Switch Lite for Christmas for my older son so I picked up copies of Captain Toad and Let’s Go Pikachu for him. I picked up Wario Ware Move It for my wife and I.

Been playing SMRPG all weekend and this game is every bit as good as I remember. All of these music remixes are perfect.

I attended the Super Mario RPG early-morning launch at Nintendo NY… so I can buy the Deep Cut amiibo. Shiver, Frye, and Big Man all look great! Will be nice to wear Big Man’s outfit in particular after the Splatfest.

My purchases for the year include these. (Not my images)

PS-TV-4-1.jpg

1156.jpg

Muramasa-Rebirth---PS-Vita

D_NQ_NP_632223-MLM30462697278_052019-O.webp

s-l400.jpg

And many digital games.

Bramble The Mountain King (PS4)
Tiny Thor (Switch)
Sega Genesis Classics (Switch/PS4)
Bastion (PS4/Vita)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS4)
Art of Rally (PS4)
Trek to Yomi (PS4)
Pillars of the Earth (Switch)
3D Gunstar Heroes (3DS)
Ever Oasis (3DS)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
One Piece Unlimited World Red (PS4)
Quake 2 Remastered (PS4)
Clockwork Aquaria (Switch)
Naruto x Boruto UNS Connections (PS4)

Last edited:
I got these in a period of 2 months, but somehow all arrived at the same time.

First are my orders from VGP's Anniversary sale, where I honestly feel went a little overboard (seriously, I'm never buying so many games in such a short time ever again). The games are:
- Archetype Arcadia (Switch)
- World of Horror (Switch)
- Tokyo School Life (Switch)
- Akiba's Trip 2 (Switch)
- Strange Journey Redux (3DS)
- SMT IV & SMTIV: Apocalypse (3DS)
- Neptunia X Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars - Limited Edition (Switch)
- Mary Skelter Finale - Limited Edition (Switch) <- This one I searched for a long time, because it includes 3 novels for each one of the games in the trilogy. It was out of stock everywhere and resellers were asking an arm and a leg for it. VGP always had them in stock, but only shipped them inside Canada (I guess nobody there wanted the game), but for the anniversary they decided to ship to more places so I finally got them. More or less the same happened with the Neptunia X Senran Kagura game.

GCnTFBsXMAASFOu

And also I finally got this: The 20th Anniversary release of Higurashi: Hou+, which I luckily found sealed in Yahoo Auctions. It also ended up being cheaper than any other reseller I found online.

GCncbKuXMAAs112
GCncbjzWIAAk9kz
GCnccFLWcAImLuR

Just to name a few :

1 - A german Commodore 128d (desktop variant with integrated floppy drive)
2 - Moonstone for the Amiga
3 - Unreal for the Amiga
4 - Amberstar (for… the Amiga)
5 - Project X
6 - Walker
7 - Ork
8 - Ween the Prophecy
9 - Retroid Pocket 4 Pro
10 - About 20 physical Switch games
11 - Rendering Ranger for my SNES (LRG release)

Late here, but I spent a good portion of the 2023 holidays really beefing up my Playstation lineup. Most of these are physical, as some of these games are getting pretty old and they won't sell them forever.

THE BLACK FRIDAY GAMING HAUL:
Rayman Legends
Persona 5 Royal
Doom (2016)
Nier Automata
Kingdom Hearts III

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade

THE CHRISTMAS GAMING HAUL:
Hades
Eastward
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age

Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series
Red Dead Redemption 2
Yakuza 0
Bloodborne
Solar Ash

Tales of Arise
Sonic Frontiers
Final Fantasy XVI

That is a wallet on fire, @Fularu
Still, I have been sitting about wondering how the average price of a game has gotten high like this.
Terrible CND to US and Canada privileging exports over imports and increasing Canadian’s everyday prices by 30 to 40% on the exchange rate alone (never mind the inflation)

Which is why I went from a $60 grocery weekly 5 years ago to a $180 one now while eating more or less the same things

I was at Target for a normal errand with my family and I impulse bought Sonic Frontiers as it was on sale for $30.

Back
Top Bottom