• [UPDATE 02/02] Big announcements and financial update on Install Base!

Please check out the new announcements (new Mod team, poll results, badges and more!) available here

Your most recent videogame related purchase.

Bought the character pass for Demon Slayer The Hinokami Chronicles for PS4.

In August I didn' buy anything, because I've received TOO MANY review codes :|
it has been a very busy month :D

Bought the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. I've heard these are especially hard games, but I do love IntiCreates games.

Well, I finally got round to playing and finishing The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX [GBC] for the first time -- after getting lost in the forest with that weird mushroom dude. :)

Wow, what a beautiful revelation this game is. Whimsical, playful, humorous and utterly charming and captivating.

As you move deeper into the game you realise the island isn't what it at first appears and Marion's longing for life beyond the island, her separation from you and her monotone song on her ocarina is just so incredibly moving.

Possibly my favourite videogame of all time.

Sadly, they just don't appear to make videogames like this anymore. Now, it's just humourless, "busy-work", "epic" games with not much else.

Recently bought World of Final Fantasy: Maxima. Should be a nice palate cleanser after Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Really happy to witness this Square-Enix AA resurgence, I bought/intend to buy many of their games.

Nintendo Switch:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Double Dragon IV
Double Dragon Neon
Blaster Master Zero 3
Balan Wonderworld
Webbed
Pac-Man World Re-Pack
Splatoon 3
Digimon Survive

Nintendo Switch:
Splatoon 3
Fitness Boxing 2

Preordered:
Pokémon Dual Pack
Mario+Rabbids
Bayonetta 3
Fire Emblem Engage Divine Edition
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.

Switch:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
Life Is Strange: Arcadia Bay Collection

Will buy this week:
No Man's Sky
Chaos: Child

Bought a used PS4 Pro for a good price. Could very well be the last console that I buy. That will depend on what Nintendo does with the Smash Bros series post Sakurai.

Got some really good stuff today. I just can't help, but buy these impressive ports. When devs put so much effort into optimizing a game for a handheld, it compels me to support them for the results! I held back on Bayo 1&2 for Nier:Automata and No Man's Sky instead.

Dg5CR2N.jpg

think my upcoming purchase for this month is MW2 and maybe gotham knights and i'm using my MS rewards points for MW2 so not technically spending my money

picked up the last of us part one on the ps5
Europa Universalis IV Expansion : Lions of the North
Hearts of Iron IV Expansion: By Blood Alone

That's also my latest purchase! Probably my favourite Collector's Editions from the ones I have.

FeL-QUSXkAE1-dq

FeMAfPVXkAE9C4i

FeMAfyhXwAIyKI9

FeMAgS3X0AE57Da

FeMAgw9WYAA1R3l
Is that actually signed by Polka? Or is it just a printed signature? Regardless, this collector's edition looks so good.

I'm buying nothing since long time, due to review codes
I'm not getting all the games, but still way too many to have actual spare time to buy&play something else :D

Bought Luigi's Mansion 3 for Switch to have a nice Halloween-week game, the newest Lego Star Wars for Xbox Series X and then I have an open pre-order for Persona 5 Royal on Switch, can't wait to see how good that game really is. (I also pre-ordered the CEs of FE: Engage and OT II after the last Direct ... because, who needs money?)
I'm also thinking about the Steam Deck, now that it's so readily available, because I really dislike gaming on PC nowadays, Handheld is love ... but I think for me personally it's wiser to just wait for the next Switch.

What a sh*tshow it has been

Well at the end I was able to snatch one out

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Persona 4 Golden on steam. After beating Persona 3 FES a couple of months ago as my first Persona game I'm looking to continue my journey through the series.

NSO Expansion Pack renewal
Mario+ Rabbids Sparks of Hope

And just finished paying Bayo 3.

P9221236_Edit.jpg

I am excited to get this today, from Amazon. I dont know if I did the pic correctly if it will show up, it seems awfully large! Not my unit obviously, as I wont have that for a few hours.

A lot of people have mocked this online for the price (349, 299 on preorder) and lack of power (Snapdragon 720G, 4GB RAM). I think 299 is worth it for a beautiful and large 7" 16:9 1080P display, a comfy and light (by all accounts and reviews so) form factor and excellent Logitech build quality.

Logitech mean it to be a cloud handheld largely, but it has play store access, so I am probably more interested in native retro emulation on it. I mainly only care about up to SNES so once again the lightweight chipset wont be a problem for me. I will also try out some native android games. My main issue is I wish it packed a SOC with a bit more punch. Everything else is near perfect IMO. Maybe they will make a V2 with such improvements...

I dont cloud game much, every once in a while I will jump on Destiny Stadia free version just to buy something from an NPC or the like. The idea of "zomg I'm playing Destiny on my handheld!" appeals to me. Honestly since Stadia is closing, I will have to rely most on Xcloud/Xbox Remote play for my cloud experience, since I already pay for GP. I'm hoping the small screen will make it not look too bad, as I've found Xcloud pretty lacking in image quality compared to Stadia (Xcloud only streams in 720P and low bitrate currently). Really pretty disappointed in MS there.

Absolute pain as I was too lazy to go buy Persona 5 Switch immediately at launch and now it's sold out :(

Switch:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
Life Is Strange: Arcadia Bay Collection

Will buy this week:
No Man's Sky
Chaos: Child
So I ended up not buying the games I wrote I will buy (see Will Buy above) but did buy, on Switch:
Nier Automata
Persona 5R
Alan Wake Remastered

Currently playing Trails From Zero

So I ended up not buying the games I wrote I will buy (see Will Buy above) but did buy, on Switch:
Nier Automata
Persona 5R
Alan Wake Remastered

Currently playing Trails From Zero
I'll trade you No Man's Sky and for P5R. I'll sprinkle in some pepper for extra seasoning 😭

Jokes aside, I heard that the Alan Wake Remastered port on Switch has a lot performance issues?

I'll trade you No Man's Sky and for P5R. I'll sprinkle in some pepper for extra seasoning 😭

Jokes aside, I heard that the Alan Wake Remastered port on Switch has a lot performance issues?
I don't think you'll trade me since I buy everything digital these days..

As to Alan Wake, don't know yet. Might be but I've learned to take all such opinions with a huge grain of salt, each person has a different tollerance level. What I read about so far was visual compromises though, not performance issues

Last edited:
Nintendo Switch:
Bayonetta 3 (regular and special edition)
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of hope.
NieR:Automata The End of YoRHa Edition

I find it funny how many JRPGs have both the Pegi and USK rating on the box.

Propably just because money, publishers don't have to print the covers twice, one for Germany and one for the other regions with german language [Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg] who use the PEGI and not the USK. The big publishers like Nintendo have that money.

Bayonetta 3 and that new Atari Collection (Switch). Oh, and the Deponia collection that was basically free. I don't think I'll buy any new games in the coming months (unless both Wild Guns and The Ninja Warriors get down to less that 9 dolares)

Black Friday sales pick ups.

Gran Turismo 7 for PlayStation 4 $29.00
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue for PlayStation 4 $7.99

Took advantage of the Xbox Black Friday sale. Haven't done that before for video games, but I wanted to pick up a lot that I believe would not come to Game Pass.

- 12 Months of Game Pass Ultimate
- Dragon Ball Z Kakarot Ultimate Edition
- Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour
- Mega Man 30th Anniversary Bundle
- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy
- Sonic Colors Ultimate Digital Deluxe Edition
- Sonic Frontiers
- Sonic Origins Digital Deluxe Edition

Back
Top Bottom