• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Your most recent videogame related purchase.

Just bought Mario Strikers in Akihabara during my business trip in Japan

And a Metroid tshirt at the Nintendo Store
And a Yoshi plush for my son

Lol

The this when was on sale for half off a couple of weeks ago.

I'm buying lots of games all the time, but since it seems to completely have gone under the radar, a special mention goes to my most recent purchase on Switch:
AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative

I haven't started playing it yet, but it has very good reviews and I loved the first one.

SteamWorld Dig on 3DS eshop - a steal at just £1.42-ish. Then SteamWorld Dig 2 same place, same system at £2.99. Bargain.

Completed the first and now hundred percented all areas, maxed out weapons and upgrades and collected all artifacts on the second. Now to confront this Rosie boss thing.

Seriously, this series is better than many Metroid titles.

And, yes, still playing 3DS in 2022 - [original cosmos black 3DS no less]! Still works like a champ.

Edit: boss Rosie not Sophie.

Last edited:
Now that prices finally dropped I ordered an upgrade for my PC.
5950X and a 6800XT and the stuff needed to run it.

"Judgement" and "Ruined King: A League of Legends" story. Judgement because of Yakuza games & Gamepass. I guess it resonated with me, I even bought "Like a Dragon" alongside my Series X. Ruined King I bought it on sale (19.49) only because I enjoyed "Battle Chasers: Nightwar" so so much and it's kind of a re-skin of that game (in the best way possible)

I bought Impostor Factory, Milk inside a bag of Milk inside a bag of Milk and Inscryption during this Steam Sale.

I'm wondering whether to add 30 euro to my eshop account and also get Neon White and Legacy of the Duelist Link Evolution.

I had a post on Resetera where I updated my spending but I stopped updating it because it made me feel bad.

I bought Devil May Cry on Nintendo eShop. I don't know if I'm going to bounce off of it near the end like I did with Bayonetta.

I bought Impostor Factory, Milk inside a bag of Milk inside a bag of Milk and Inscryption during this Steam Sale.

I'm wondering whether to add 30 euro to my eshop account and also get Neon White and Legacy of the Duelist Link Evolution.

I had a post on Resetera where I updated my spending but I stopped updating it because it made me feel bad.
Sure many posters here find themselves reviewing their spending & playing habits, especially now with rising living costs.

So long as you are not in financial difficulty, buy what you want to play & play what you enjoy. Would only note that, especially with digital downloads, unless its going to be delisted can avoid FOMO & wait until you're ready to play it. People can always bookmark free games page to keep track of the various titles being made available as well.

Sure many posters here find themselves reviewing their spending & playing habits, especially now with rising living costs.

So long as you are not in financial difficulty, buy what you want to play & play what you enjoy. Would only note that, especially with digital downloads, unless its going to be delisted can avoid FOMO & wait until you're ready to play it. People can always bookmark free games page to keep track of the various titles being made available as well.
My financial situation isn't the problem. I've spent around 400 euro on videogames this year which, while it is a record high for me in just 6 months, is not even close to what some folks on the internet spend.

This is mainly due to my last 3ds purchases and my decision to buy Atelier Ryza 1 and 2 on Switch for 92 euro. The problem is that I already have 20-ish games I've already bought and really want to play but there are some indie games (the ones I bought and already finished during these Steam sales for instance) that I just get the urge to buy and play immediately. Also I'm a big fan of non-competitive ygo.

It's just the feeling that buying these games now instead of in a sale a year from now kinda feels like just wasting money

Fair enough, not judging, its something many of us can relate to & figured it was a more interesting discussion rather than people simply listing what they're buying.

Makes sense in the case of 3DS/WiiU games due to the store closures in future (similar with PS3/PSP/Vita) or games that rarely go on sale like Arcade Archives / ACA Neo Geo. But unless its delisting people are worried about, the fear of missing out factor is something we all have to wrestle with at some point to keep on top of our disposable income.

Find it useful to list any backlogs on a spreadsheet & use digital store wish lists. Not sure if you use it already, but I find tracking digital discounts very handy as you can see the history of price reductions for sale items with options for multiple platforms.

Finally decided to buy Dragon Quest XI S on Nintendo eShop. Guess I'm going to be sinking some time into the Luminary's story.

Bought Valiant Hearts the Great War on eShop. Figured I was due to play another point and click.

Lego Skywalker for Switch.

Deeply disappointed. After half an hour I wished you could return eShop games after a short playtime.

Technically the game it just horrible and I don't know why, the graphics are relatively simple. There are far more advanced games on Switch with much bigger levels that run much smoother.

Aesthetically the mix between some realistic landscape models and the Lego graphics is weird.

The older Lego Star Wars games are much more fun.

Before that I bought the Portal Collection. Never played these games before, they are truly exceptional, even today. Technically both Portal games are very good, and gyro controls are a big plus.

Lego Skywalker for Switch.

Deeply disappointed. After half an hour I wished you could return eShop games after a short playtime.

Technically the game it just horrible and I don't know why, the graphics are relatively simple. There are far more advanced games on Switch with much bigger levels that run much smoother.

Aesthetically the mix between some realistic landscape models and the Lego graphics is weird.

The older Lego Star Wars games are much more fun.

Before that I bought the Portal Collection. Never played these games before, they are truly exceptional, even today. Technically both Portal games are very good, and gyro controls are a big plus.
My wife felt the same about the game. Runs great, but looks too blurry.

Bought:
Shin Megami Tensei V

I haver too many games to play on my PS4 and Switch.

I have to stop lol

Physical games only:
  • For Switch: Pocky & Rocky Reshrined, Star Renegades, CrossCode, Monark, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Shadowverse: Champion's Battle and Kirby Star Allies.
  • For PS4: Edge of Eternity and Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

I work at Intel. So I bought a 12900K at ridiculously low price.

Looking to build a new PC as soon as the 4000 series Nvidia cards release.

Mine are Pocky & Rocky Reshrined and Live a Live, both for Switch. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will came later this week :)

A friend showed me this quality Nintendo Switch-title and as a fighter for creative freedom, I proceeded and bought it, lol. There was some further bonus during payment, so it cost me 0,94 cent in total. This will be played until XB3 arrives:

Got my code last week for Lord Winklebottom Investigates, which I had backed on Kickstarter a few years ago. Bought GRIP on Nintendo eShop today. Will at least try it, but racing games are usually not what I play, this one is a combat racer.

Xenoblade 3. I live in a small third world country, I felt proud when the dude of a local videogame store was promoting 13 sentinels and Live a Live for the buyers of Xeno 3 and he actually sold out all 3 games

I bought both Live A Live and XC3 but I am still playing Sunbreak. That's how backlogs are created (and maintained).

Bought Atelier Rorona DX for the Switch last week on eShop. It's my first Atelier game and I'm liking it so far.

Cult of the Lamb (Colombian eShop since is a bit cheaper than the US eshop, first time buying in my local eShop... LOL), Live a Live physical a few days ago (but no playing it until finishing some Uni work). Also preorders on Nier: Automata and Pokemon Violet...

oIWcZKG.jpg

Here are my gaming purchases over the last two months - this time all for the Switch and predominately RPGs.

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series - I played the original Klonoa via PS3's PSOne Classics several years ago, but had never previously played either the Wii remake or the PS2 sequel. I've now played through both games and consider Klonoa 2 among the best platformers of the PS2/GC/Xbox era.

Neo: The World Ends with You - I played the DS original in early 2011 and It will always be one of the games that I associate with that period of my life. I haven't played this yet, but am thinking of tracking down the Switch port of the original first.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - I loved the earlier games in the series (even 2), but never got round to playing this at launch. I found a pre-owned copy for £19 in Cex Hammersmith, so I finally bit - however I note that their price has since increased.

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - I still haven't played Ys VIII yet, but I decided to get a new copy while they are still very reasonably priced.

Live A Live - I've always wanted to play this game in English officially, so this remake is a dream come true. This will most likely be the next Switch game that I start. My pre-order also came with a laminated bookmark.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - This is what I'm playing right now and at the moment I'm currently circa 30 hours in. I'm really enjoying it and it's without a doubt one of the best JRPGs of recent years.

Romancing SaGa 3 - I had regretted not buying a physical copy earlier, given that it had since become fairly rare. However, I found a brand new copy very reasonably priced online - so I finally bought it. I specifically hunted down the South East Asian physical version as it supposedly has a larger file size and avoids the compressed assets of the subsequently Korean/Hong Kong re-release - something I remember hearing on a recent SwitchWatch video.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode - Given that this never got a PAL physical release, I imported a Japanese copy from a Mercari listing via Buyee. I've never played the series before, so I'm excited to try it in due course.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - I'm a huge fan of the series, but didn't buy this at launch. Hopefully I'll get round to starting this later in the year.

Seeing a lot of people getting games for the Switch here

My last purchase:
Monster Hunter Rise(Switch)
Soul Hackers 2 (PS4)

Back
Top Bottom