• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Xbox Partner Preview announced for March 6 (30 minutes long)

biglo25

Student
Pronouns
He/Him
Source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/03/04/xbox-partner-preview-march-2024-announce/?ocid=Event_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_3.4.2&linkId=100000246643418

Today, we're thrilled to announce the next Xbox Partner Preview, this time featuring a mix of new and upcoming games for you from publishers like Capcom, Nexon, EA, and others with more than a dozen new trailers over the course of a 30-minute broadcast.

During Xbox Partner Preview, you can learn more about combat and traversal in Tales of Kenzera: Zau, with a video narrated by Abubakar Salim himself, see new gameplay from Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess, get a closer look at The First Berserker: Khazan, and other great titles coming to Xbox, Windows, or Game Pass.

Our Xbox Partner Preview format is all about sharing exciting games news from our talented studios from across the globe with no frills: just new game reveals, release date announcements, and fresh new gameplay from upcoming games, coupled with unique behind-the-scenes stories from developers on Xbox Wire.

This event will be digitally broadcast on Wednesday, March 6, at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT across our Xbox channels on YouTube and Twitch and it will feature updates on a variety of Xbox and Windows games that are launching on our platforms.

We hope to see you back here on Wednesday, March 6!

I don't know about this one. When they have to front Tales of Kenzera as one of the big games shown I get a bit deflated. Even if I am interested in that game to some extent.

forgotten about kunitsu-gami. it seems like a smaller game from Capcom, so maybe it'll be shadow-dropped

Game is coming out on Gamepass Day One just like Exoprimal.
I think we can surmise that internal sales forecast for the game are not strong.
With Pragmata being indefinitely delayed, really seem like all the new IPs for Capcom are going to be loss leaders.

I'm interested in more info on Kunitsugami - from the little we've seen it looks even less appealing than Exoprimal, and that one seems to have done poorly.

I'm expecting to see the Xbox port of Octopath Traveler 2 (possibly a shadowdrop + day 1 on Game Pass?), and maybe the Beyond Good & Evil anniversary release which I was anticipating in the recent Partner Showcase, but I guess this is as good a place as any to showcase it.

Game is coming out on Gamepass Day One just like Exoprimal.
I think we can surmise that internal sales forecast for the game are not strong.
With Pragmata being indefinitely delayed, really seem like all the new IPs for Capcom are going to be loss leaders.
Yeah, I really hope their new IP seemingly failing doesn't scare them away from making more new IP or at least reviving some of their "lesser" series.

Yeah, I really hope their new IP seemingly failing doesn't scare them away from making more new IP or at least reviving some of their "lesser" series.

I think they'll probably be more selective about new IPs, what gets the greenlit to go in full production.

Reduction in new IP initiatives would probably lead to more revival of old IPs tbh.
They've been pretty successful in doing so with collections/remasters/remakes in the last few years so I can see them touching more IPs.

I'm interested in more info on Kunitsugami - from the little we've seen it looks even less appealing than Exoprimal, and that one seems to have done poorly.

I'm expecting to see the Xbox port of Octopath Traveler 2 (possibly a shadowdrop + day 1 on Game Pass?), and maybe the Beyond Good & Evil anniversary release which I was anticipating in the recent Partner Showcase, but I guess this is as good a place as any to showcase it.

Going by their recent survey it definitely looks like Capcom is looking into expanding their catalogue of recurring franchises now that all their core IPs are back on track, I think Dead Rising (assuming they find a team suited for it) and Mega Man are primed for a return to diversify their output.

Back
Top Bottom