• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

WWE is " Extremely Pleased " with WWE2K22 , Describing it as Commercial and Critical Success

Ryuichi Naruhodo

Disciple
This was revealed in the Company's Latest Q1 Fiscal report , No numbers revealed , but I thought of the announcement as important revelation after the recent not-so-good relation between WWE and 2K

Innovation and interactivity are critical to the success of any media property. We were extremely pleased with the relaunch of our premium video game console franchise, WWE 2K. After taking a little more than a year off to improve the game engine, we worked hand in glove with our partners that take to interactive, listen to our customers and fans and earned back their trust by delivering a game that exceeded their expectations. WWE 2K22 was a commercial and critical success with the highest Metacritic scores on both Xbox and PlayStation platforms in franchise history with over 5.6 million hours viewed on Twitch to date.

They announced that a WWE RPG game is in the works , but no info at all about it ( I think it will be a mobile one seeing the context )

We continue to see strength in the performance of our mobile games with 2K and Scopely, SuperCard and Champions. And recently signed a new deal in the role-playing game space that will be announced soon. We also continue to evaluate the metaverse, both walled garden environments that already exist as well as decentralized properties, look to hear more in the coming months.

They label gaming as important Media to WWE with 80% of WWE's audience self-identifying as gamers

Gaming is a priority for WWE to reach our next-gen audience with over 80% of WWE's audience self-identifying as gamers. And nearly 60% of the gaming audience in general being 34 years or younger.

Source

https://seekingalpha.com/article/45...ince-mcmahon-on-q1-2022-results-earnings-call

Really surprised to learn that the game isn't localized/translated for Japanese release. The Hololive Vtuber Sakura Miko had a peak concurrent viewers of over 60,000 in a stream when she was playing the game earlier today, so there is definitely some kind of audience there for a wrestling game.

Really surprised to learn that the game isn't localized/translated for Japanese release. The Hololive Vtuber Sakura Miko had a peak concurrent viewers of over 60,000 in a stream when she was playing the game earlier today, so there is definitely some kind of audience there for a wrestling game.

For a Very Major Wrestling country like Japan , Yea it is strange the game isn't translated to Japanese

As someone who spends way to much time in WWE wrestling games I could tell 2K22 was going to be a big success with the cross platform community creations, I know a lot of people who got the game on PC knowing they could make arenas and CAW's for people on ps4.

It is the first time since the motion-control-based Wii game that I COULD buy one
despite me not watching WWE anymore, due to AEW programs (that I personally vastly prefer)

As someone who spends way to much time in WWE wrestling games I could tell 2K22 was going to be a big success with the cross platform community creations, I know a lot of people who got the game on PC knowing they could make arenas and CAW's for people on ps4.

Yea I saw some Insanely Accurate CAWs in the game , Cross-platform CAWs is sure a big addition

It is the first time since the motion-control-based Wii game that I COULD buy one
despite me not watching WWE anymore, due to AEW programs (that I personally vastly prefer)

Hopefully the AEW game has better chance than TNA Games competing against WWE Games , Graphically the TNA ones were great but it was a very short competition , but I heard the heads at AEW loves video games so I think the games will last for some good times , Yukes are also behind them

Yea I saw some Insanely Accurate CAWs in the game , Cross-platform CAWs is sure a big addition

Hopefully the AEW game has better chance than TNA Games competing against WWE Games , Graphically the TNA ones were great but it was a very short competition , but I heard the heads at AEW loves video games so I think the games will last for some good times , Yukes are also behind them

I hope so
graphically won't be a showcase, but Omega (that is a geek) surely will try to push for a good ol' days gameplay

I hope so
graphically won't be a showcase, but Omega (that is a geek) surely will try to push for a good ol' days gameplay
Wasn't there a rumor recently about Yukes and Omega not seeing eye to eye and having difficulties cooperating with one another?

Also, a question for anybody that played this - Is the gameplay anything like the old AKI wrestling games? Those are the only ones I ever really liked. I tried one of these 2K games on the PS4 a few years ago and it was pretty meh. I ended up giving it away to a younger cousin.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a rumor recently about Yukes and Omega not seeing eye to eye and having difficulties cooperating with one another?

Also, a question for anybody that played this - Is the gameplay anything like the old AKI wrestling games? Those are the only ones I ever really liked. I tried one of these 2K games on the PS4 a few years ago and it was pretty meh. I ended up giving it away to a younger cousin.

I know there have been some delay about "internal milestones" but nothing mind blowing
about the second question, I'm curious too, but I suspect the answer is no

Back
Top Bottom