• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

WSJ: Bobby Kotick covered up internal rape allegations; threatened to kill his assistant; more

I wonder why the press doesn't cover these events more in depth. Kotick is the top paid executive in America. He has to be exposed for what he did.

I wonder why the press doesn't cover these events more in depth. Kotick is the top paid executive in America. He has to be exposed for what he did.
Cuz no one wants to be blacklisted by the publisher while those individuals are still in charge. Access is more important to some outlets, it's always that (sadly) simple. Just look at what happened with James Stephanie Sterling during their time with Destructoid and everything that happened after as the best example; truth-tellers are iced out of the industry press as much as possible.

Cuz no one wants to be blacklisted by the publisher while those individuals are still in charge. Access is more important to some outlets, it's always that (sadly) simple. Just look at what happened with James Stephanie Sterling during their time with Destructoid and everything that happened after as the best example; truth-tellers are iced out of the industry press as much as possible.
I read about it after reading your reply and it's sending chills down my spine. This is horrible. Sterling had to deal with quite some shit in their life and after a display of integrity and courage, they get flushed down the drain. And another display of courage followed.

I have a newfound respect for the person. I wish I knew what I learnt today before.

This is why I have no respect for gaming journalism in general. These gaming outlets so desperately want to be taken seriously while, at the same time, acting as mouthpieces for the corporations they're supposed to be scrutinizing.

... The press did cover these pretty well? Just typing "Activision-Blizzard sexual harassment" into Google will get you tons of articles from the past six months covering the lawsuits from both enthusiast and mainstream press.

I think this stuff, recently, has been rather well reported on in fact. It is just not with big headlines but if you've read the articles, a lot of this stuff was in there.

This specific extent of even outright threatning murder is new though, and also beyond the pale.

It seems like there is simply too much for Kotick to keep hiding. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but it seems like there is actually hope he will be forced to resign sometime this year.

If it is true that the board is still backing Bobby, then I don't see him leaving. Really sad to see this unfold.

Hopefully at least some positive changes can be put into place in the mean time.

To corporate dirtbags, money talks louder than abuse victims. That they still support Kotick should surprise no one.

Well uh... at least I assume Kotick is out now?
Not now, so far he's staying during the transition as CEO.

I bet on a resignation/golden parachute once the deal is done. So yeah, we're still in the reality where the bad guys win. Hopefully Microsoft will fix the issues within the company so that the only possible 'at least' in this story is that the employees can benefit a decent work environment if it's taken care of properly.

Well uh... at least I assume Kotick is out now?

Not now, so far he's staying during the transition as CEO.

I bet on a resignation/golden parachute once the deal is done. So yeah, we're still in the reality where the bad guys win. Hopefully Microsoft will fix the issues within the company so that the only possible 'at least' in this story is that the employees can benefit a decent work environment if it's taken care of properly.

Satya Nadella (head of Microsoft) made a comment addressing this issue about how he was confident that Kotick would do what was needed to resolve the problems at Activision. I remember reading it was thinking how it was corporate speak for “clean up your house or we will make your golden parachute into a lead anchor around your neck.” It just gave me a very strong impression of a spoken-but-unspoken warning.

Still baflled at the fact that the board apparently still supported him. I get that he probably helped some of them get there in the first place, but he wasn't handling Activision well either from a pure economic point of view. COD is broken right now and they are not even negotiating with Raven QA. Not to mention Overwatch 2, Warcraft 3 Reforged, the layoffs at the OWL, the flop of HOTS, etc.

I would love to point out to everyone that the top 3 shareholders in Microsoft and Activision are the same....

The Vanguard Group (Almost 8% in each)

BlackRock Fund Advisors (Almost 5% in each)

SSgA Funds Management (4 and 4.6% in each)

Vanguard group was the one who supported Koticks leadership even after all the dirt had come out and the buyout from MSFT of Activision basically lets Kotick off a free and very rich man, absolutely no consequences and lines the pockets of Vanguard at the same time.

If you support this acquisition, you support abuse, you support the threats and mistreatment of employees and all the rest of it.
This buyout is a scam and a disgrace and disrespectful to everyone that suffered there.

You do realize those are financial groups and they have shares in pretty much every major company. Like if you have a Roth IRA or any other retirement plan, you put your money through one of these companies. It's capitalism basically and financial institutions don't give a damn about human rights until the law starts to enforce them

If you support this acquisition, you support abuse, you support the threats and mistreatment of employees and all the rest of it.
This buyout is a scam and a disgrace and disrespectful to everyone that suffered there.
I am not sure if it is a sarcasm or not. If not, then you should ask Jim & Sony why they did not break marketing contracts with Activision and did not do anything regarding these matters (like for example applying some pressure on ATVI to move away from annual COD and so on).

Back
Top Bottom