• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Which potential Nintendo ports/remasters/remakes have the highest sales potential ?

Nintendo-.jpg

With rumors of Nintendo being serious about bringing back several games of their legacy portfolio within a wide range of IPs, I thought it would be interesting to ask the community about their thoughts on which games would have the highest potential.

Rules

One of the key aspect of the discussion, is to define whether we are talking ports, remasters or remakes. The line can often be blurry and for some projects Nintendo might chose a port or a remake, but let's take this as a general rule :

NES/SNES/GB/GBA/N64/DS: Remake
GC/Wii/3DS : Remaster
WiiU : Port

Another rule is that for games with a big multiplayer components, we will consider port/remaster/remakes only if there's currently no Switch entry. That means that games like past MK, Smash, AC are not eligible.

How many games ?

You can name pick as many games as you want. However, it will be important to provide sales data and explanation for everyone of them. The discussion should be great if we are avoiding the pitfall of only posting lists all over the thread ;)

Feels like this thread should be very useful :

Can't wait to hear your toughts ! :D

Pokemon BW is the realistic remake with the biggest sales potential for Nintendo (to be fair the oldest Pokémon game without a remake is always the one with the biggest potential).

Interesting thread. I'll think about this more but my initial thought is Nintendogs. I think the Switch has proven to be a system for all types of games, and Nintendogs used to sell dozens of millions. I'm not saying a Switch remaster or even a new entry would reach that, but it would certainly be successful.

As for a series that's already on Switch, I think Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2 are good candidates. The third game sold 11 million copies. 1 did get rereleased on 3DS, but it was at the very end of the system's life, and Switch is an entirely different beast.

The Zelda Wii U remasters seem like easy money and rumors about Prime and Uprising remasters make a lot of sense too imo. After how well Skyward Sword HD sold (for a pretty controversial Zelda) I can see the assembly line starting already.

Xenoblade X port and another FE remake (probably IV) get talked about often I can see those being pursued by Monolith and IntSys specifically. Selfishly I hope we see Grezzo give the Oracles a remake and those LA sales make that seem like a good possibility now.

Advance Wars had better see the light of day.

Not really on topic, but I think the biggest potential is NSO revenue growth by adding GB(C) and GBA Pokémon games to the catalogue.
I never thought about it before but now I wonder if GB and GBA will be kept behind the Expansion Pass due to Pokémon specifically? Before I kinda figured GB at least would go in the regular sub but RGBY and GSC could be huge drivers for Switch owners to upgrade.

The obvious and easy answer is Pokemon/Mario cause that's just what those IP do. But what's the fun in that discussion? If you're looking for a more interesting dark horse I'd say Donkey Kong Country. Release them all as "Donkey Kong Country Collection" and it's instant big bucks.

Interesting thread. I'll think about this more but my initial thought is Nintendogs. I think the Switch has proven to be a system for all types of games, and Nintendogs used to sell dozens of millions. I'm not saying a Switch remaster or even a new entry would reach that, but it would certainly be successful.

As for a series that's already on Switch, I think Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2 are good candidates. The third game sold 11 million copies. 1 did get rereleased on 3DS, but it was at the very end of the system's life, and Switch is an entirely different beast.
Didn't Nintendo release a similar game? IIRC it was called Dogs & Cats, but can't remember

A remake of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Ages would be awesome. We have already seen the sales potential when looking at the remake of Link's Awakening on the Switch, and it could easily use the same engine.

Didn't Nintendo release a similar game? IIRC it was called Dogs & Cats, but can't remember
Nintendogs + Cats for 3DS? It sold fine, although it was a big decline from the originals. I think a Switch version in HD would fare better though.

Nintendogs + Cats for 3DS? It sold fine, although it was a big decline from the originals. I think a Switch version in HD would fare better though.
The issue with remaking Nintendogs is that a lot would need to change to be adopted to Switch control options versus DS/3DS and at that point is better to make a new entry from scratch than trying to remake an old game

-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Age: Remake, the remake of Link's Awakening is selling well and they could continue the trend with this one.
-Kirby Super Star Ultra: Kirby has been a growing and a remake of one of the best game on the series could sell alot.

All Zelda 3D Games for the same reason, Ocarina of time in 3DS already sold good, so is a no brainer for this.
TLOZ Wind Waker.
TLOZ Ocarina of Time 3D
TLOZ Twilight Princess.
TLOZ Majora Mask 3D.

Poochy and Yoshi Wolly World: the limited appel of Wii U and a Port of 3DS didn't allow to sell the game more, Crafted world is in the way to become the third best selling Yoshi game, so another one could do really well.

Stuff I would like even if i don't think they will sell that much: Kirby Air Ride, Star Fox Assault and Wario World all from NGC.

Sorry if I'm self-advertising, but I think my thread might be even more helpful for this specific topic:

Will post my own choices later :>

Pokémon and Mario games.

Kid Icarus Uprising could do very well, nothing crazy but 2-3 million maybe.

I think that "All Star Collections" have the most sales potential for ports/remakes/remasters. Also, these collections have more sales potential if they actually have updated graphics and even new content. (I.e. Mario 3D All Stars was kind of a lazy effort.) Here are my top 3 (in order) that I don't think have gotten this kind of treatment yet:

1. NSMB collection - includes DS, Wii and 3DS versions of this series.

2. Zelda collection, 2D - includes Zelda 1, Zelda 2 and ALttP. They could use the Link's Awakening engine.

3. DKC collection - includes the first three DKC games.

I've been selecting games with high sales potential compared to their original sales. These aren't necessarily the objectively highest sales a game can have, but if that were a requirement, we'd all be posting Mario-games ;> So here's my thoughts:

Earthbound
I started playing the original on the Switch Online-service not too long ago and just from the first 2 hours or so, it's still really fun. Good pacing, fun and interesting writing, cool setting. If that game was remaked with Animal Crossing-like graphics and a cozy, dense world to explore, it would be one of the better selling games imo. It'd get a kickstart from all the hardcore-Earthbound fans and then go from there thanks to its timeless artstyle. The game only sold about 150k in the USA and never released in Europe, meanwhile it was quite popuar in Japan with over 600k sold games. The nostalgia within Japan ought to be be at Dragon Quest-levels, whereas Europe is a brand new market and, really, it should easily sell more in today's USA, too. After decades of fans talking about how great this franchise is, it'd be nice if Nintendo at long last put some budget behind it and made a modern 3D-game of it.

Endless Ocean 1+2
Despite fitting the Wii's „blue ocean“ strategy to a dot, these games basically sold nothing (not even coming close to 100k in Japan). Considering all a remaster would need to do is have these run in 1080p60fps and add proper controller-support, the potential sales for a non-violent, casual diving-in-the-ocean experience is quite big. Not massively big, but enough to warrant a remaster.

Path of Radiance+Radiant Dawn
Easily the most needed remaster. Many, myself included, think this to be the best game (or games) in the franchise, no wonder with how popular Ike as a character is even to this day. Each game sold over 160k, Western numbers aren't known, just that it entered UK charts Top10 in its opening week. Clearly, there's a lot of untapped potential, considering how the GameCube was on of Nintendo's least popular consoles. Put both games together on once cartridge, update the UI so it looks nice and clean, and there you have it. Maybe some qol features (one turn rewind-option!), but otherwise the games are still fun to play. And Fire Emblem as a whole is as popular as never before.

F-Zero GX+AX
Only 100k in Japan, unknown Western numbers, but very likely sub-1mio. The whole Nintendo-fandom keeps wanting more F-Zero. There's no better opportunity than doing a 1080p60fps-remaster of GX, adding in the AX-exclusive content, and adding online-multiplayer, then see how it sells. I'm not sure how big the sales potential here is, but at the very least a remaster should be super cheap and we'd have hard proof of how viable the franchise is or whether it should be shelved forever. Personally, I think if this released at most at 39,99 Euro/Dollars, it would see significantly more success that the original release.

Paper Mario 2
Push the „render in 1080p60fps“ button and done. This game needs no work done on it at all. The only reason it didn't hit 2mio in sales was because the GameCube wasn't popular enough. All later ip-entries (sans Color Splash for obvious reasons) sold better, against worse word of mouth/a general more criticial perception. The fans have been clamoring for a return to Paper Mario 2, so just give them THE Paper Mario 2. I'd expect an eas 3mio-seller, possibly much more.

StarFox Adventures
The Starfox-franchise has been relegated to gimmick-experiments in the past two decades, and none of these games came close to Adventures' sales. Considering the rumored Zelda-remasters, why not remaster the Zelda-like Starfox-game, too? There's only a couple of things to fix, namely the terrible aiming with the staff (remove the auto-recentering!) and some overly harsh mini-games (like the button mashing trials). This could also function as a way to gauge interest in more adventure-like Starfox-games. Clearly interest in flight-shooters is non-existent.

Xenoblade X
The most obvious candidate. The worst-selling Xenoblade-game due to being imprisoned on the Wii U. EVERY TIME people see the gifs or trailers or even gameplay, they're impressed. Of course, we're not talking about Mario-level success here, but I'm confident an enhanced port would easily sell above 2mio, possibly even more than XB3. There shouldn't be any technical difficulties either, the whole „but what about the 2nd screen“ was already solved in the original release (you could play the game on the gamepad only). This is Nintendo's most epic, „mature“ game they have on the back of their hands, I'm 100% sure we'll see it happen eventually. Although not now nor next year.

I've been selecting games with high sales potential compared to their original sales. These aren't necessarily the objectively highest sales a game can have, but if that were a requirement, we'd all be posting Mario-games ;> So here's my thoughts:

Earthbound
I started playing the original on the Switch Online-service not too long ago and just from the first 2 hours or so, it's still really fun. Good pacing, fun and interesting writing, cool setting. If that game was remaked with Animal Crossing-like graphics and a cozy, dense world to explore, it would be one of the better selling games imo. It'd get a kickstart from all the hardcore-Earthbound fans and then go from there thanks to its timeless artstyle. The game only sold about 150k in the USA and never released in Europe, meanwhile it was quite popuar in Japan with over 600k sold games. The nostalgia within Japan ought to be be at Dragon Quest-levels, whereas Europe is a brand new market and, really, it should easily sell more in today's USA, too. After decades of fans talking about how great this franchise is, it'd be nice if Nintendo at long last put some budget behind it and made a modern 3D-game of it.

Endless Ocean 1+2
Despite fitting the Wii's „blue ocean“ strategy to a dot, these games basically sold nothing (not even coming close to 100k in Japan). Considering all a remaster would need to do is have these run in 1080p60fps and add proper controller-support, the potential sales for a non-violent, casual diving-in-the-ocean experience is quite big. Not massively big, but enough to warrant a remaster.

Path of Radiance+Radiant Dawn
Easily the most needed remaster. Many, myself included, think this to be the best game (or games) in the franchise, no wonder with how popular Ike as a character is even to this day. Each game sold over 160k, Western numbers aren't known, just that it entered UK charts Top10 in its opening week. Clearly, there's a lot of untapped potential, considering how the GameCube was on of Nintendo's least popular consoles. Put both games together on once cartridge, update the UI so it looks nice and clean, and there you have it. Maybe some qol features (one turn rewind-option!), but otherwise the games are still fun to play. And Fire Emblem as a whole is as popular as never before.

F-Zero GX+AX
Only 100k in Japan, unknown Western numbers, but very likely sub-1mio. The whole Nintendo-fandom keeps wanting more F-Zero. There's no better opportunity than doing a 1080p60fps-remaster of GX, adding in the AX-exclusive content, and adding online-multiplayer, then see how it sells. I'm not sure how big the sales potential here is, but at the very least a remaster should be super cheap and we'd have hard proof of how viable the franchise is or whether it should be shelved forever. Personally, I think if this released at most at 39,99 Euro/Dollars, it would see significantly more success that the original release.

Paper Mario 2
Push the „render in 1080p60fps“ button and done. This game needs no work done on it at all. The only reason it didn't hit 2mio in sales was because the GameCube wasn't popular enough. All later ip-entries (sans Color Splash for obvious reasons) sold better, against worse word of mouth/a general more criticial perception. The fans have been clamoring for a return to Paper Mario 2, so just give them THE Paper Mario 2. I'd expect an eas 3mio-seller, possibly much more.

StarFox Adventures
The Starfox-franchise has been relegated to gimmick-experiments in the past two decades, and none of these games came close to Adventures' sales. Considering the rumored Zelda-remasters, why not remaster the Zelda-like Starfox-game, too? There's only a couple of things to fix, namely the terrible aiming with the staff (remove the auto-recentering!) and some overly harsh mini-games (like the button mashing trials). This could also function as a way to gauge interest in more adventure-like Starfox-games. Clearly interest in flight-shooters is non-existent.

Xenoblade X
The most obvious candidate. The worst-selling Xenoblade-game due to being imprisoned on the Wii U. EVERY TIME people see the gifs or trailers or even gameplay, they're impressed. Of course, we're not talking about Mario-level success here, but I'm confident an enhanced port would easily sell above 2mio, possibly even more than XB3. There shouldn't be any technical difficulties either, the whole „but what about the 2nd screen“ was already solved in the original release (you could play the game on the gamepad only). This is Nintendo's most epic, „mature“ game they have on the back of their hands, I'm 100% sure we'll see it happen eventually. Although not now nor next year.
I agree with all of this, but replace Adventures with Assault. That one is the better received game and has much better story and multiplayer imo

If Nintendo/TPC would release every mainline Pokémon game on Switch I would very likely buy all of them.
Gen 6 and 7 (excluding LGEP) could potentially be "easily" remastered but I'm not sure they'd want to give those games another year if ILCA could remake Platinum/Gen5 instead.
A Splatoon 1 port (without MP and with a reduced price) should sell millions of copies.
AFAIK Splatoon 2 is currently at ~13m copies sold while the first game is at ~5m.
The story modes for Splatoon are often praised and having the full trilogy available on the same platform would be amazing.

Honorable mentions: Twilight Princess HD port, Windwaker HD port, Xenoblade X port, Metroid 1-4 developed by MercurySteam

Me, totally ignoring the point of the thread: Nintendo, you just need to bring back both Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk and their sequels. Then make new entries. And while you are at it, do Famicom Tantei Club style remakes of your other ADV games:.
- Both Mukashibanashi games.
- Metal Slader Glory (I know HAL would love this)
- Time Twist (I know you are never even acknowledging this again, but one can dream)

Now... following the idea of the thread, leaving aside obvious picks like Mario/Zelda/DK, I think the bigger potential is in their JRPGs, specially now that Switch is really strong for the genre. Not only the biggest ones like Fire Emblem, Golden Sun and Earthbound, but also projects that could have a new opportunity with bigger chances of being successful like The Last Story, Soma Bringer, etc.
Besides JRPGs, two games that I also think could do well are F-Zero GX and Eternal Darkness.
And, this is only for Japan, seeing how the EDF games have been selling in recent years, I think a new Zangeki no Reginleiv could do good numbers.

A remake Xenoblade X-My favorite open game ^_^ Ever!!!!
A remaster Paper Mario TTYD- My favorite Paper Mario! (GC sales limited it's sales I think)
A remaster FE Path of a Radiant Dawn-Both games in one!
A remake The Last Story- Really liked it! Xenoblade's 1st brother in arms (Project Rallfall!)
A remake Pandora's Tower-A 3d Castlevaina like game! Xenoblade's 2nd brother in arms (Project Rallfall!)
A remake Diddy Kong Racing-Why not lol I can dream lol
A remake Golden Sun- A more traditional RPG that's really good!
A remake Hotel Dusk/Last Window- RIP Cling ;_; I loved both games!!! Please!!!!
A remake Kid Icarus- Doooooooo iiiiiiit!!!! Doooooooo iiiiiiit!!!!
A remaster Odama- Best Pinball game I ever played!!!!
A remake Sin & Punishment: Star Successor-Best 3D on rails shotter I ever played!!!
A remake Zangeki no Reginleiv: Why the Heck not!!!
A remake Nintendogs-Easy Money!
A remake Magical Starsign-Because we need the RPG vibes lol

Last edited:
Nintendo won’t touch it due to the people involved in the creation of the game probably. (The writer of the game is a pedophile)
Ah, shame. Wouldn't it depend though on whether he will get money out of this or not?

I'll choose...Diddy Kong Racing. I'm sure there are some Mario Kart players who would like to play another kart racer, and there are currently not all that many prominent non-Mario Kart racer out there (basically just CTR and Sonic & Racing All-Stars).

The original N64 release sold 4.88M copies, which is about 50% of what Mario Kart 64 sold. Obviously a DKR remake on Switch won't sell half of what Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold, but it clearly has high potential.

Not really on topic, but I think the biggest potential is NSO revenue growth by adding GB(C) and GBA Pokémon games to the catalogue.
I'll echo this sentiment. I know a good number of people who bought a Switch primarily for Pokemon, and they would subscribe to NSO or NSO+EP immediately if the GB and/or GBA Pokemon games were added to the service.

If we're talking raw sales potential? Mario Paint. A Nintendo themed "creativity platform" with art, music, decals, and a small suite of editing tools. Throw in bonuses for owning certain Nintendo games (have Kart, get some Kart themed stickers, have Odyssey get Cappy and Mario 'stache stickers, etc). Add social media uploading and the ability to pull in screenshots from the gallery and you've got a 2M seller.

Nazo no Murasame-jo
Mach Rider

Remake, sequel, whatever. There's stories there that can be mined for something even cooler.

Since we have got a remake of Link's Awakening, it would only be justice to have a re-release of For the Frog the Bell Tolls.
I think it can be a success comparable to Live A Live.

Just the other day I was thinking about Furukawa's (I think?) comment some years back about potentially bringing 3DS games to Switch and what that could entail. We got Miitopia, which sold well, and I think Kid Icarus: Uprising is a popular choice too (and would also likely sell well), but what else is there? I was looking at the 1m list and I guess they could remaster some of the Mario/Zelda/Kirby games or something, but not sure about any others.

Some under-1m games that come to mind are Ever Oasis and Metroid: Samus Returns, not sure about their sales potential though. Woolly World would probably do well seeing how Crafted World is going, but that's basically Wii U even if it did get ported to 3DS. Maybe Hey! Pikmin?

A personal wish would be to see Pushmo and Dillon's Rolling Western on the Switch haha.

Not sure if they're still looking to bring 3DS games though, I think the comment was in the light of the Switch Lite being just released.

I agree with all of this, but replace Adventures with Assault. That one is the better received game and has much better story and multiplayer imo
Adventures sold better and got way better reviews.

I agree that the Oracle games would sell good on Switch, maybe even expand the conection at the end of the games.

Also, as somebody who competes in Melee tournaments since 2006, I would love a SSBM remaster but probably on the next console that does not have 6 frames of delay. With this, we could have Melee tournaments on HD TVs.

I also agree that the Oracle games getting a remake would have lots of sales potential. Mother 3 being localized or any of the Mother games getting a remake would also be big (Mother 3 is the only game in the trilogy I haven't played)

Since we have got a remake of Link's Awakening, it would only be justice to have a re-release of For the Frog the Bell Tolls.
I think it can be a success comparable to Live A Live.
My gosh I love you.

A glossy remake with updated art would be the perfect game to be part of a new systems launch lineup.
The weird battle system + charming writing would make it a gem to look back on.

My own answer? Something like a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel or something like Ever Oasis. Games that were trapped on 3ds and deserve a prime time shot to see if the market is really there for those kinda titles.

My gosh I love you.

A glossy remake with updated art would be the perfect game to be part of a new systems launch lineup.
The weird battle system + charming writing would make it a gem to look back on.

My own answer? Something like a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel or something like Ever Oasis. Games that were trapped on 3ds and deserve a prime time shot to see if the market is really there for those kinda titles.
I love you too

Fun idea for a thread @Lelouch0612. Lots of brilliant suggestions already, I'd buy nearly all of them, even if in some cases nobody else would. How about Doshin the Giant? Only surprised to see no mention of any Square Enix 2D HD remake for Super Mario RPG. Makes perfect sense to me, sales wise too. PlatinumGames Star Fox Zero Redux needs to happen to redeem it.
A remake of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Ages would be awesome. We have already seen the sales potential when looking at the remake of Link's Awakening on the Switch, and it could easily use the same engine.
CAPCOM remasters along the lines of its recent collections would be excellent release for next summer. But for the sake of argument, any remake for these or any other 2D Zelda, I would lean more towards Tengo Project (Pocky & Rocky Reshrined) or Matrix Software (Alundra) or for Zelda 2, Team Ladybug (Record of Lodoss War). Pitch being an alternative dimension where Nintendo had made a 64bit Saturn. Full 2D Beast 64 Bit behemoth to be precise. Not a single blurry 3D textures in sight, razor sharp pixel goodness all the way to the (food) bank. Bankruptcy story foretold in Japan only Nintendoagagaga....so yeah, a revival of the CAPCOM games makes sense with Hidemaro Fujibayashi being in a senior enough position to make it happen.
Surprised no one mentioned Eternal Darkness remaster yet. Didn't sell that much on the Gamecube (less than 500k according to https://www.eurogamer.net/eternal-darkness-sanitys-requiem-retrospective) but it did have a 92% metacritic score, and I think the Switch audience is much more amenable to such a game (and just very slightly bigger).
While unlikely, not least due to what @Blue Monty has mentioned, Nintendo could seek out third party studio that have already done good work on Switch like Rebellion Developments (Sniper Elite, Zombie Army). Third person over the shoulder, balance staying true to original narrative & improving upon the gameplay loop (see Homeworld 3 developer quote from the other day). Bonus points if they have a 2000AD comic book tie in, hell they could hire one of its many artists to freshen up the in game visual style. Comic Book Cosmic Survival Horror! (edit: the old ones typo).
Endless Ocean 1+2
Lots of good choices with plenty of detail on the reasons why in your post, want to single out Endless Ocean 1 & 2 as I'm glad you brought it up. Perfect candidate for Switch HD remasters.
I think that "All Star Collections" have the most sales potential for ports/remakes/remasters. Also, these collections have more sales potential if they actually have updated graphics and even new content. (I.e. Mario 3D All Stars was kind of a lazy effort.) Here are my top 3 (in order) that I don't think have gotten this kind of treatment yet:

1. NSMB collection - includes DS, Wii and 3DS versions of this series.

2. Zelda collection, 2D - includes Zelda 1, Zelda 2 and ALttP. They could use the Link's Awakening engine.

3. DKC collection - includes the first three DKC games.
Another case of where personal tastes conflicts with business acumen, forced scarcity clearly worked for Mario 3D All Stars but its very off-putting as a customer, especially when its from the rights holder as opposed to a third party license that will run out after 5-10 years. But yes the examples you mentioned would be multi-million sellers, as would any Pokemon collection.
If we're talking raw sales potential? Mario Paint. A Nintendo themed "creativity platform" with art, music, decals, and a small suite of editing tools. Throw in bonuses for owning certain Nintendo games (have Kart, get some Kart themed stickers, have Odyssey get Cappy and Mario 'stache stickers, etc). Add social media uploading and the ability to pull in screenshots from the gallery and you've got a 2M seller.
Great scott! Super Mario Paint with add-ons for spin off series, e.g. Paper Mario Paint? Arts & crafts game where you cut & paste elements together into a virtual dioramas meets pop up book.
Can we get a Miiverse remaster? lol
And Wii Channels remix?
The Wii weather channel was Lit!!! lol
Fantastic, original & remixed OST & UIs can be used on Switch menus. Warioware's Wii Weather Channel, always getting the forecast completely wrong. WiiWare back catalogue remakes too.

Last edited:
Xenoblade X is where I want to put my bet, but if it will evere re release it'll be on Swotch 2 imo, with better textures, better text visualization, better character models, better thought story and not a prologue... but most importantly, with a proper online mode, with co-op missions and alikes, almost like an MMO (it would be neat if takes some inspiration from Phantasy Star Online)

Nazo no Murasame-jo
Mach Rider

Remake, sequel, whatever. There's stories there that can be mined for something even cooler.
I'm surprised we haven't seen anything more substantial on this yet. Samurai Warriors 3 on the Wii had the entire "Murasame Castle" mode, Nintendo Land on the Wii U had Takamaru's Ninja Castle and there have been tons of cameos across several games over the years. I will continue to fill out Nintendo surveys with the suggestion of letting Suda take a crack at a reboot. Of course others (Koei Tecmo) might be a better choice, but with the success of other samurai games like Ghost of Tsushima and Nioh, I think there's a lot of potential.

Edit: My own wish is for Cubivore, but I think it has limited commercial appeal.

619ZVJV345L.jpg

Remake with 3D models, voice acting, Super Smash Bros. gameplay and downloadable content would sell well. It would be a licensing nightmare but one only Nintendo could overcome.

I'm surprised we haven't seen anything more substantial on this yet. Samurai Warriors 3 on the Wii had the entire "Murasame Castle" mode, Nintendo Land on the Wii U had Takamaru's Ninja Castle and there have been tons of cameos across several games over the years. I will continue to fill out Nintendo surveys with the suggestion of letting Suda take a crack at a reboot. Of course others (Koei Tecmo) might be a better choice, but with the success of other samurai games like Ghost of Tsushima and Nioh, I think there's a lot of potential.

Edit: My own wish is for Cubivore, but I think it has limited commercial appeal.
Honestly, if you want it to be more than a one-off, you’re better off hoping for an unknown dev or for it to be made internally by a producer who is passionate about the project.

And since you brought it up, I’ll add NintendoLand to my list.

My choice wont be based on sales i guess but more that i wanted it to exist so i can play it on my switch.

The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Endless Ocean 1+2
Wii's Punch Out(I think Sequel would be better)
Batallion Wars Wii

It will be really good for me lol.

Well, if we're going by desires I want The Last Story: Definitive Edition (Mistwalker + Marvelous First Studio) and For Frog the Bell Tolls (Grezzo using the LA engine).

And speaking of Mistwalker, I'm surprised we haven't seen Fantasian Book I+II on Switch & Steam yet. I feel like that has to be inevitable, right?

If we are really talking about sales potential, then a remake from the original Super Mario Bros would assurely sell the most.
It could be gigantic.

Well, if we're going by desires I want The Last Story: Definitive Edition (Mistwalker + Marvelous First Studio) and For Frog the Bell Tolls (Grezzo using the LA engine).

And speaking of Mistwalker, I'm surprised we haven't seen Fantasian Book I+II on Switch & Steam yet. I feel like that has to be inevitable, right?
The Last Story still looks really good for a Wii game and as a game Switch should be able to run at 1080/ 60fps and 720/60 docked!

One of the most beloved Zelda's is probably A Link to the Past. A Links Awakening style remake would do better than LA which already sold over 5 million (I have to double check but I thought it was 6 million). A full 3D remake/re imagining would probably do even better and into the 10 millions range.

A full remake of Mario 64 with great updated graphics and a bonus world would do great too.

I guess there are many potential candidates but the most sales potential will always be Mario and Zelda.

While Twilight Princess didn't do very well on Wii U when compared to Wind Waker (different timing and a shy remaster when compared to WW) I believe it could have great numbers on a healthy platform.

Back
Top Bottom