• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Welcome to Install Base! The Introduction Thread

Hey all! Lurked for a long time on the Resetera threads without registering until this place came out. Held off on joining here at first, but gave in because I was tempted by this year's holiday sales. Excited to hopefully join in the discussions a bit this time!

Hello evryone!

I’m an old italian professional lurker and I’m here to continue my “work”.
Thanks for the approval.

Ciao ciao

Hello all!

Longtime lurker of video game forums with a special love of numbers here.
Looking forward to seeing all the discussions! No guarantees I'll finally participate :p

<3

Hello, I go by Goichksuda, not the real one unfortunately 😜. Cameroonian gamer, big Nintendo fan but I do like everything gaming related, including mobile. Ask me anything! 😊

Hello, I go by Goichksuda, not the real one unfortunately 😜. Cameroonian gamer, big Nintendo fan but I do like everything gaming related, including mobile. Ask me anything! 😊
hqdefault.jpg

Hi everyone.
Longtime lurker and occasional poster at GAF then Resetera.
Joined this forum because my most visited threads were sales related, where people with good insights participated.

Hello everyone.
Me, a relatively new at the time lurker of ResetEra MC threads since around June 2021 without registration of course is joining this new japanese sales haven to keep on lurking.

Hello and thank you for the approval, noticed I was approved a while ago but have yet to post here so hi :) Been super fascinated about video game sales for a long time, one of the sole reasons I joined Resetera and now here. I'm more of a lurker kind of person but will pop in to say stuff whenever I feel it will be of contribution.

Hi and good day to everyone. I am a long time lurker on sales threads, always love to chime in on discussions occasionally so I'll continue to do so here.

Thanks for having me on.

Hello there!

Some of you might remember me from Era (where I mainly posted in the Nintendo General Discussion Thread) or know me from FamiBoards. I've always enjoyed reading the sales topics and created an account here to be able to keep doing that.

You probably won't see me posting much, but I'm happy to follow the discussion.

Hey! Longtime lurker of the sales threads at Era, always enjoyed seeing the discussions surrounding sales. Thank you for the approval <3

Heya. Just someone with too much time on her hands who enjoyed quietly reading the threads. Don't mind me, i won't mess with the furniture.

Hi, everyone!

I'm yyk7879, a jrpg and Nintendo fan. I have lurked on the Media Create threads at Era for years and really enjoin reading the discussion about it. English is not my native language, so I'm afraid I'm not fluent. Thank for you approval!

Last edited:
Hi, everyone.
Got approved during holidays, so I wasn't able to post before.
Also a lurker of the Sales Era threads. Happy to see familiar "faces" here.
Will be able to participate and contribute more when the new year starts. Cheers!

Heyyo all! Glad to be approved, thank you for having me.

I've been around since the start of Era and lurked sales threads as I enjoyed the insight from them. Looking forward to learning more and perhaps contributing something of value.

Hello everyone, I have been lurking in sales threads for a while and I'm excited to take part in the discussions here.

My name is Malden and I'm a WoW-aholic.

Nice to meet you all! Longtime lurker over on Era where the sales threads were my bread and butter. Can't wait to join these discussions here with all of you.

Last edited:
Hello everyone I joined NeoGAF many years ago and then joined ResetEra for the sales threads and am here for the same!

Hi all, I registered relatively at the beginning and only now introduce myself, which tells you all about how active I am, sorry about that. Some of you might know me from Era, though for most of Era and GAF I posted on a different account. I got permabanned on GAF (well who didn't after the fallout) and got in a few hairy situations on Era as well (I was the good guy here, I swears on me mum) with an account that you could with some effort link back to my real name, so I decided to be more friendly and take a more general user name. Boring, booo, I know.

I don't have a special love for the Dr. Mario games, but I'm an assistant professor in game design, so it's what people started calling me. I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, though I try to be better. On Era you may recognize me from being completely wrong in the prediction threads, usually because of being unreasonably bullish on Switch sales. Yes apparently that's possible, who knew.

Next to really liking the community, because of my profession (and just general hobby, of course, which preceded it by decades) I'm also really interested in how the market is doing. And with market I mean of course the actual game market of console sales that amount to almost nothing in the total games market, but ain't nobody got time for the other stuff. I sadly don't have much insider knowledge when it comes to sales data to add myself however, which is why you won't see me posting as much here as on Era.

Hi all,

First, thanks to the moderators for approving me.

I've been lurking the sales threads in ERA since 2019 and hope to contribute to the discussions here.

Best to everyone!

Thank you for approving me. I was a lurker at the Resetera Media Create threads and was deeply upset with how the mods there took the side of the trolls rather than the members who had been discussing sales data in a level-headed manner. I'm looking forward to posting here and continuing to learn more. I'm fascinated by business data and how market players use it in their decision making.

My professional background is in corporate finance and international financial macroeconomics so that's the lens that I look at business data. That's part of why I strongly disliked the trolling at the old forum. I've always understood that my tastes are my tastes and not necessarily in line with the highest selling product in a particular market. For example, I like soccer, manual transmission cars, vinyl records, DVD's/Blu-ray/4kBlu-ray, and fine suits. I get that more people in my country like gridiron football, automatic transmissions, streaming, and khakis/jeans/athleisure at present and that's ok. I separate my tastes from hard business data. I am ok that some of my favorite games sell crazy well like Breath of the Wild and others are niche like No More Heroes 3. I hate that so many video game forum dwellers can't/won't do that.

As far as my personal tastes in this hobby, my personal video game tastes tend to be more action/arcade-oriented as in I like games where I directly control something. I focus on gameplay over narrative and visual spectacle. My favorite systems in my life have been the Commodore 64, NES, Dreamcast, Wii, and Switch because I like the libraries. My all-time favorite was and is the Dreamcast. That's partially because I had time at that point in my life to play all the fun games on that ill-fated system. I'll still argue that Soul Calibur remains the best 3d fighter and Street Fighter 3 (series) and Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves tie as the best 2d fighters of all time.

After the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox were finishing their lifespans, I thought I was over video games because it felt like it was getting repetitive and stale to me. The Wii brought me back in with new gameplay and stuff focused on simple fun rather than green/grey/brown bald guy space FPS's. I was also starting to date and I could actually admit to girls that I liked to play on the Wii and they were cool with it. I skipped the WiiU like most other video game fans as there weren't enough games that looked fun and it wasn't something that I would have felt confident showing a girl when I brought her to my condo. As for the Switch, I've had a ton of fun with the library and my wife thinks it's an ok machine. She even bought a 3ds for Cooking Mama and Animal Crossing and was excited that I bought her a pink Switch Lite for the updated versions of those games. They are fun.

Not that this matters for discussing sales data but here are my favorites for some systems I've played: Commodore64 - Winter Games, NES - Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 2, Contra, Game Boy - Operation C, GBA - Klonoa, DS- Contra 4, 3DS - Captain Toad, Dreamcast - too many to name, MDK2, Outtrigger, all the fighters and shmups, Bangai-O, Jet Grind Radio! and on and on, Wii- Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Wii Sports Resort, Switch - Breath of the Wild, No More Heroes 3, Bayonetta 2, too many to name. Favorite all-time: Nights Into Dreams... just magic and brings tears of joy to my eyes every time I play it.

Hello. Thanks for approving my account. I had been following gaming industry sales as a hobby since early PS3 era when I used to be active member on VGChartz more than decade ago, GameFAQ, GAF and Resetera. I don't actively participated in sales talk, but I try to give my opinion based on my years of observation when necessary.

Hi everyone I was the user occasional poster Raijinto on Era who got caught up in the debacle last year, finally got too fed up with the discourse on that site that I've decided to sign up here where actually affable users and nuanced discussions can hopefully be had. I'm also Ryunoske Naruhodo on Famiboards as well, not been as active there as I would've liked due to various things but hopefully that changes soon as well!

Just realized I never did an introduction. Hi, I used to look at the MC threads on Era sometimes and found myself really respecting Chris's dedication to the sales threads. I couldn't make an account as I don't have a paid email, so all I did was read up on everyone's speculations until that eventful day happened and everyone migrated over here. Nice to meet you all.

Hello everyone, long time lurker from the GAF days and then occasional poster from Era, hoping to interact with you more!

Hi all, I'm a marketing professional in the games industry for 20 years, having worked for some publishers you all know and as a freelancer as well.
I'm happy to join as from lurking at the other places, this community is sometimes better informed than some people that do this for a living - so it's always helpful to follow the discussions here :)

Hi Instalbase!
Some years ago I was lurking in the MediaCreeate and NPD post back in NeoGAF (since 2008-09 I think), and when the Sales team move to ResetERA, I jump to the Site. Sadly, I read all the salesERA debacle, and I want to join in this new journey, because I want to understand the classic sales and the new sales tendencies. I hope I could contribute to some degree and learn more about the Videogame market. Greatings!

Oh, thanks for the approval. Long time Lurker, part time particant in Sales-Age since NeoGAF days. Glad to be here.

Hello everyone!
Just a person interested in quitely looking at video game stats and analysis. Thanks for the invite and glad to be here :)

Hi all,
Don't remember when I first started following media creates threads on ERA, but I ended up hooked pretty much immediately. I never had an account on either GAF or ERA (never had a paid email and even if I did those places were a little too... intense a lot of the time) but decided to get one here so I can keep following sales discussion.
While I enjoy the discussions, I'm not really knowledgeable enough about things (some of the talk still goes over my head) to really contribute anything meaningful, so I'll probably spend the majority of the time lurking.
That said I'm glad I got approved and I look forward to seeing this place prosper. We'll see if I end up finding the courage to post more.
Now to go through the archives and catch up on what I missed. Oh boy.

Hi all!

Based in the US, mostly lurker since GAF days ofc, but hoping to have a little more to say and consider here!

Thanks for approving my account!

Hi everyone, like a lot of people here I've been a lurker of other forums, mainly to see the big headlines (before I started using twitter) and of course the sales threads. Big fan of them. Hoping to converse a bit more here.

Hi everyone, really glad to be approved! Being an old Swedish Gaf user I tend to be on era, fami and now on install base forums 😄

Hi all,

Grateful to have had my account approved on such an eventful day. I have done the online gaming forum/sales thing from CAG to GAF to Era and now here. I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of this decade plays out as we transition to digital being the primary form of game sales and subscription services potentially blowing up and changing the paradigm completely.

Hello,
I'm Martin Lindell. Worked in the games industry since the mid-90's. Started at retail in the days when it was fun and meaningful being an independent store. We put out a Saturn demo unit on the local McDonalds took pre-orders for Dreamcast by having a Japanese unit running in the store. The store itself had its roots in a consumer electronics store and had spun off after success with home computers such as Commodore 64 and Amiga 500.

Transitioned to trade media where I compiled sales statistics from Swedish retailers and did the official chart 2000-2007. This evolved and got me to the trade association where I together with Gfk evolved it from being shallow charts to create unified market statistics for all Nordic countries. Something that lived on until ISFE on a European level started to work on GSD, which been a great landmark for unified system for all European sales. Nowadays I see the greatest challenge in digital market data as it's no secret that GSD and NPD lack a lot of publishers and studios reporting their digital sales data.

After the trade association I've worked with publishing and marketing, including six years at DICE with global brand strategy for Battlefield. Currently at Embracer Group since two years back. I can't answer questions on data for Embracer as (1) we're a publicly listed company which makes information sensitive, and (2) the companies in the group such as Gearbox, THQ Nordic, Saber, Koch Media etc operate autonomously with creative and commercial freedom which means I don't actually know or even have access to detail level information outside of the reported consolidated financial data that the parent company (Embracer) presents to the market.

Hello,
I'm Martin Lindell. Worked in the games industry since the mid-90's. Started at retail in the days when it was fun and meaningful being an independent store. We put out a Saturn demo unit on the local McDonalds took pre-orders for Dreamcast by having a Japanese unit running in the store. The store itself had its roots in a consumer electronics store and had spun off after success with home computers such as Commodore 64 and Amiga 500.

Transitioned to trade media where I compiled sales statistics from Swedish retailers and did the official chart 2000-2007. This evolved and got me to the trade association where I together with Gfk evolved it from being shallow charts to create unified market statistics for all Nordic countries. Something that lived on until ISFE on a European level started to work on GSD, which been a great landmark for unified system for all European sales. Nowadays I see the greatest challenge in digital market data as it's no secret that GSD and NPD lack a lot of publishers and studios reporting their digital sales data.

After the trade association I've worked with publishing and marketing, including six years at DICE with global brand strategy for Battlefield. Currently at Embracer Group since two years back. I can't answer questions on data for Embracer as (1) we're a publicly listed company which makes information sensitive, and (2) the companies in the group such as Gearbox, THQ Nordic, Saber, Koch Media etc operate autonomously with creative and commercial freedom which means I don't actually know or even have access to detail level information outside of the reported consolidated financial data that the parent company (Embracer) presents to the market.
Whoa, welcome Martin! I follow you on Twitter! Really cool to see you around here!

Back
Top Bottom