• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Video Gaming Leaks/Spoilers thread

People dont know Sony well if they thought P6 had a chance of not launching as an PS exclusive.
True on one hand.

On the other: Releasing a game that also comes to PS4 NOT for Switch 2 is just ... yeah. I hope P5R Switch-sales rub it in everyone's faces how anti-business this platform strategy really is.

The yakuza director must have seen P6 gameplay and reminded atlus that it'd too dark for Switch

/s

We'll probably see some activity in December before the Keighleys. At least the Bloober Team Silent Hill 2 remake was finally confirmed after being rumored for months.
Oh, that was just a glib joke about Persona 6 launching as a PS exclusive. On the topic of Silent Hill though, did anyone talk about the setting of SH f? Can't help but feel like some wires got crossed with that one. It is a new entry, but most certainly not by a prominent Japanese developer.

Oh, that was just a glib joke about Persona 6 launching as a PS exclusive. On the topic of Silent Hill though, did anyone talk about the setting of SH f? Can't help but feel like some wires got crossed with that one. It is a new entry, but most certainly not by a prominent Japanese developer.
1960s Japan I think. Developer is Taiwanese but creative staff is Japanese. Ryukishi07 is writing the story, kera is doing creature & character design. Motoi Okamoto is the producer.

From 4chan via resetera:

People in the thread say the graphics look unprofessional/fake, but this really sounds like something Nintendo would write.

This sounds like TotK will go full soulslike

Not sure if we're allowed to post leaks in the TGA thread, so I'll post here - apparently Monster Hunter 6 will be announced at the show (info from Dusk Golem, who's pretty reliable when it comes to Capcom)

Teaser at TGA, full reveal in March (20th anniversary), summer release date?

Also the sequel to MHW will be... MHW. Nice, it won't make it confusing at all to discuss.

Oh man. I don't know if I'll be able to handle a PS/Xbox/PC-only MH6 announcement. If Capcom has ANY plans at all to release it for Switch 2, they should just wait a couple more months. And if they don't have such plans ... oh man.

Oh man. I don't know if I'll be able to handle a PS/Xbox/PC-only MH6 announcement. If Capcom has ANY plans at all to release it for Switch 2, they should just wait a couple more months. And if they don't have such plans ... oh man.

There is no precedent for Capcom releasing AAA games on PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo/PC, so no reason to expect MH6 to be such a title.

It's gonna be a PS5/XBS/PC game and probably be released months before Nintendo releases their next console.

There is no reason or precedent for Capcom releasing AAA games on PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo/PC, so no reason to expect MH6 to be such title.
But we both agree it should release on Switch 2, assuming hw power rumors are true, right?

But we both agree it should release on Switch 2, assuming hw power rumors are true, right?

What I think Capcom should do with MH and what Capcom will do with MH are different things and I'm not gonna expect Capcom to do what I would do.

Also I'd first wait for actual console reveal from Nintendo before starting any discussion. Until the day it's officially announced we are talking about fantasies.

I think if the Nintendo Switch successor gets a Monster Hunter game it will be from the "portable" team (aka the Rise team).

I think if the Nintendo Switch successor gets a Monster Hunter game it will be from the "portable" team (aka the Rise team).
But PS and Xbox will get that game, too, then, based on history, so why not give Switch 2 equal supportfor MH6, too? Very frustrating. Preemptively frustrating, though, because as Joseki said, it's all fantasy talk right now. Apologies for my premature complaining.

Edit: WAIT, the TGA are tonight? Like, in a couple hours?! wtf

Oh, that's a juicy one. I wonder if it will come out before Nintendo announces the Switch successor.

Another factor to consider (and help manage expectations) is that this isn't the WiiU era, no 3rd party is officially announcing "next gen Nintendo" ports before Nintendo reveals the console.

There isn't gonna be a "Dragon Quest XI is coming to NX" moment.

Unless I'm forgetting something. Bethesda has only released new IPs (Deathloop, Ghostwire, Redfall, Starfield) since Microsoft's acquisition so it's good to see the return of established IPs like Dishonored. Hopefully Doom and Wolfenstein see new announcements soon too as those are their two biggest non-BGS franchises.

Nobody cares about "fairness."
Only when it happens to Nintendo's disadvantage. It's the old tale.

I think it's fair to question any business decision that ignores the Switch 2's enormous sw sales potential. This is not the unproven Switch 1. Bandai Namco and Harada are one thing, Capcom is a wholly other one. I'd expect Capcom to make more rational decisions. But we'll find out.

I think it's fair to question any business decision that ignores the Switch 2's enormous sw sales potential. This is not the unproven Switch 1. Bandai Namco and Harada are one thing, Capcom is a wholly other one. I'd expect Capcom to make more rational decisions. But we'll find out.

As of today, Switch 2 doesn’t exist.

Publishers skipping Nintendo platforms for some of their games happens all the time and it will continue to happen with Switch 2 (which as of now is still unannounced, not even a codename like "NX" for anyone to reference).

Last edited:

How can something that doesn't exist yet (next-gen Switch) be skipped?

Publishers skipping Nintendo platforms for some of their games happens all the time and it will continue to happen with Switch 2 (which as of now is still unannounced, not even a codename like "NX" for anyone to reference).
Is that some natural law? Because unless there's a sound business reason behind it, I disagree that we should just accept this and not criticize it.

And yes, guys, I know that Switch 2 doesn't exist yet. The assumption is that MH6 would not be announced for it later on either. We're far from finding out, though, so I guess any more than this would just be meaningless ranting. Let's go enjoy the TGA and see what Capcom has cooking. Maybe they'll pull a DQ11S, who knows!

This is definitely something to keep in mind for the next few months: back in 2015-2016, Nintendo publicily acknowledged their next system (a necessity, given the announcement of their mobile ventures), so there was more room for external partners to mention their plans for the upcoming Nintendo system. And syet, even when factoring in the low pre-launch general confidence in the platform, such room wasn't that much at all...to the point that I still wonder to this day how SEGA could get away with it for Sonic Forces. Yeah, Horii mentioned that DQX and DQXI were also coming to the system, but it was not planned and Square Enix had to intervene for some good old PR spinning. Heck, neither Bethesda nor Take Two could confirm their own games that were part of the Nintendo Switch reveal trailer until the January 2017 Presentation, that's the level of cageyness we were dealing with!

And since this is still Nintendo on that front, there's just no way they would allow publishers and developers to even hint at their next system which is something that publicily doesn't exist yet. It is true that Hino might've provided some hints at it (...maybe), but in his case, we're looking both at something similar to Horii's case as well as still staying in the territory of "enough vagueness".

Is that some natural law? Because unless there's a sound business reason behind it, I disagree that we should just accept this and not criticize it.

And yes, guys, I know that Switch 2 doesn't exist yet. The assumption is that MH6 would not be announced for it later on either. We're far from finding out, though, so I guess any more than this would just be meaningless ranting. Let's go enjoy the TGA and see what Capcom has cooking. Maybe they'll pull a DQ11S, who knows!
If World 2 is announced for PS/Xbox for next year, it will be the same situation than Rise which also released a few months after the PS5/XB and skipped them nonetheless.

Big event for Monster Hunter is already scheduled for March so expect more info at that moment. As long as Switch 2 isn't confirmed we won't know.

Why are we acting like a repeat of that situation (PS/Xbox/PC get all MH-games, Switch only gets one of them) would be fair?

becuase that's a pretty lucrative strategy for Capcom, with the 2 best selling games of their history? With Rise probably being ths best single SKU of all time even

surely a MH Wild put also on Switch 2 won't sell as much as MHW + MHR

out of the non-switch games showed tonight, the worrisome one skipping Switch surely is Mana, on the other side.

I don't know but there is nothing to suggest MH6 couldn't run on Switch 2 based on that trailer unlike GTA6.

Regarding Monster Hunter, some should calm down and rather praise Capcom for their fairness.

Monster Hunter World never came to the Nintendo Switch and in turn Monster Hunter Generations/Generations Ultimate never came outside of the Nintendo platforms.

And since then, Capcom always makes sure that the respective platforms release a Monster Hunter on the requested platform in a three to four year cycle. Whether it's a port or a new Monster Hunter is irrelevant. Other developers/publishers can take a leaf out of their book. For now, I think Capcom should at least be trusted to manage their Monster Hunter release policy.

MHWild and MHRise 2 on all systems would sell less than MHWild on NOT-Switch and MHRise 2 on all systems? Wat

Mh World on switch and MH Rise on everything since day one would almost surely sold less than what Capcom got by their actual split-plan

Back
Top Bottom