• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Video Gaming Leaks/Spoilers thread

Bamco has a lot of in-house studios in Asia that support most JP studio games, we also might even get Prime 4 information
Not just support work for BNS Tokyo, they also do contract work for other companies. BNS Singapore worked on Monster Hunter World for example.

SyluxHunter a reliable source? I'm aware he accurately "leaked" Bayo 3's release date, but that could have been a lucky prediction.

They seem more reliable at the moment than a few of the known fakes. Nate seems to be treating them as legit so they might be legit. Definitely need to see how this F-Zero leak pans out to have a better idea on how reliable they are.

SyluxHunter a reliable source? I'm aware he accurately "leaked" Bayo 3's release date, but that could have been a lucky prediction.
I don't think the release date was as easy of a guess without hindsight. Bayo 1 was an October game, but Bayo 2 was a September game and various ports have been dropped whenever that's even before getting into regional differences. I also don't think anyone else guessed the exact day of the Twitter drop for the launch date.

Tactics Ogre Reborn release date leaked (November 11).

Interesting to note is the screenshots have mobile interface. This likely means this'll be hitting all platforms (Xbox depending if Microsoft pays for the port, I assume): PS, Switch, PC/Stream and Mobile. Obviously we'll know for certain once it's announced properly, but still.

I feel this is probably one of Square Enix's worst kept secret, haha.

The Snitch is saying It Takes Two will be coming to Switch.

There are also rumors that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess will be announced for Switch at this month's Nintendo Direct (week of September 12?). These might be ports of the Wii U remasters.

The Snitch is saying It Takes Two will be coming to Switch.

There are also rumors that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess will be announced for Switch at this month's Nintendo Direct (week of September 12?). These might be ports of the Wii U remasters.
I don't even remember ... DID we have a Direct in the past 3 months or not? There was no E3 Direct afaik. I remember the Xeno Direct, Pokemon Direct, Splatoon Direct, ... but no General Direct, or was there?

The next General Direct ought to announce games for Q1 2023, too, right? If this period is filled with all the rumored ports, I think we're finally about to witness the Switch 2 announcement in the near future.

I don't even remember ... DID we have a Direct in the past 3 months or not? There was no E3 Direct afaik. I remember the Xeno Direct, Pokemon Direct, Splatoon Direct, ... but no General Direct, or was there?

The next General Direct ought to announce games for Q1 2023, too, right? If this period is filled with all the rumored ports, I think we're finally about to witness the Switch 2 announcement in the near future.
There was a Partner showcase (the one with Persona, NieR and Dragon Quest Treasures) but the last General was indeed in February 2022.

Rumor is that the next Direct should be in roughly 10 days.

So many Nintendo remaster/reissue rumors.
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker / Twilight Princess
  • Metroid Prime
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Game Boy & Game Boy Advance NSO
Any others popped up recently?

• Metroid Prime
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
This is a tease for F-Zero GX right?

• Metroid Prime
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
There hasn’t been a single credible Xeno X remaster/port rumor, in fact the only reliable leaker that has spoken about it thinks it is unlikely (Nate)

There hasn’t been a single credible Xeno X remaster/port rumor, in fact the only reliable leaker that has spoken about it thinks it is unlikely (Nate)

that's because XDE will be a DLSSwith launch title, with a new chapter added to expand on the cliffangher + full multiplayer mode (missions) integrated

believe

If I understand the situation correctly even Kid Icarus Uprising is also just speculation based on the Bandai Namco job listings correct?

I have personally soured on Nate even if I have zero doubts he has info. I was completely behind him after the E3 2021 Switch Pro / OLED debacle, but the way he handled the 2022 June Partner Showcase and subsequent Nate the Hate video really rubbed me the wrong way.

Grubb I believe was speculating (he mentioned Xenoblade X alongside this)
Actually listening to the episode now, yeah I can confirm Grubb only talks about KI Uprising and Xenoblade X (as well as other some things like a new 3D Mario or Odyssey sequel, Prime 4 being moved to Drake, etc) as things he expects to happen. This is somewhat in contrast to the TWW/TP HD ports which he clarifies he's specifically heard from a source about, but he also doesn't clairify that he hasn't heard about the other stuff so I guess there's some wiggle room (he talks about them with some certainty). Also in contrast the other way, something he very clearly shows to be speculating on or is uncertain about is another 2D Zelda down the line (original or remake) using the Link's Awakening engine.

Sorry if I misled anyone, that'll teach me for going off a second hand interpretation rather than looking at the source itself.

Rumor: Direct(mini or general) is tuesday(Emily and Nate)
Emily don't know the content of direct, so the game leaks from Emily are not exclusive to this Nintendo Direct,
If it's not a mini it will probably be announced today anyway

When would even be the right time for a BotW 2 announcement, if we still assume a Q1/early Q2-release are planned? Plus if we assume the game is tied to Switch 2's launch?

If Nintendo doesn't want to anger fans, Switch 2 kinda has to be announced BEFORE christmas 2022. "But Switch was revealed in January without issue!!1", yes, because nobody cared about the remaining Wii U-buyers. Situation is different this time.

Imo either a Switch 2-announcement is immenent, maybe in this week's Direct even OR BotW 2 is delayed past spring 2023 towards the end of the year. The latter would let Nintendo more easily market Switch 2 for christmas 2023, nobody could complain.

I kinda don't see any big announcements coming in this Direct.

It was mentioned earlier in the MC thread (which it probably shouldn't have been posted), Snitch has leaked Fatal Frame 4 for Switch.

Rumor: Direct(mini or general) is tuesday(Emily and Nate)
Emily don't know the content of direct, so the game leaks from Emily are not exclusive to this Nintendo Direct,
If it's not a mini it will probably be announced today anyway
Direct rumor turned out to be true, so
Emily didn't know about content
Grubb said Zelda Double and BOTW2(probably, I am not sure)
for Nate I don't know

Gotta say, I hate Nintendo's naming style. Unless this is indeed a BIG, meaty Direct, I don't understand why they wouldn't call it 'mini' or something. Expectations are obviously much higher for a general Direct, but since it focuses on end of 2022-games, what big games can it even be? Feels like we're getting a bunch remasters/remakes, but nothing brandnew. I also don't expect BotW2 at this point in time. Weird.

Gotta say, I hate Nintendo's naming style. Unless this is indeed a BIG, meaty Direct, I don't understand why they wouldn't call it 'mini' or something. Expectations are obviously much higher for a general Direct, but since it focuses on end of 2022-games, what big games can it even be? Feels like we're getting a bunch remasters/remakes, but nothing brandnew. I also don't expect BotW2 at this point in time. Weird.
It's a regular Fall Direct, why would they call it Mini ? The company is more than just BotW 2.

A 40 minute direct is not mini. I suspect there will be surprises coming. Remasters/remakes also help get people into series and Fatal Frame 4 in EFIGS for the first time would be pretty hype by itself.

Winter means they are going to cover 22 Q4 and 23 Q1, there will be some games that will be released after but the focus will be in the next 6 months like all fall directs (and directs in general)

It's a regular Fall Direct, why would they call it Mini ? The company is more than just BotW 2.
Not many franchises on the gameplay-calibre of BotW2. Odyssey 2 is a possibility. Prime 4 maybe.

I guess Project Zero 4 and Bayonetta 3 will be Nintendo's Halloween-slots. Christmas is gonna be all about Pokemon.

Was that awful FE-'leak' with the red-blue hair real or fake btw.? If it was real, I guess we could see it here, too.

But I'm being drawn back to BotW2 ... after all, Nintendo would need at least one big sales-driver for h1/2023, right? What else could it be?

Not many franchises on the gameplay-calibre of BotW2. Odyssey 2 is a possibility. Prime 4 maybe.

I guess Project Zero 4 and Bayonetta 3 will be Nintendo's Halloween-slots. Christmas is gonna be all about Pokemon.

Was that awful FE-'leak' with the red-blue hair real or fake btw.? If it was real, I guess we could see it here, too.

But I'm being drawn back to BotW2 ... after all, Nintendo would need at least one big sales-driver for h1/2023, right? What else could it be?

are you talking about sales or tastes? I'm confused.
MP4 is nowhere near the commercial appeal of Zelda or Mario (you cited BOTW2 or Oddissey 2) but even Pokemon will be a WAY stronger seller than MP4, and I really think that Violet/Scarlet will be in this Direct
That is their usual General pre-TGS Direct, so it's not called Mini because it's not a Mini
It will future strong sellers like Pokemon, or even Mario + Rabbids (you cited Fatal Frame as possible "Nintendo Halloween slot, but M+R is already announced alongside Bayonetta 3 exactly for that spot) that surely will sell more than other "fan-favourite" games
It will probably host also some remake or remaster for sure, as it will host some new games
It will be focused on already announced games, but there will be also surprises (small? big? I don't know)
It will be focused on games coming this year, but there will be also 2023 games (as usual)
Some of these can be decent sellers (I think that for example some "non-fan-favourite" Japanese game announced in the recent Direct still will sell more than more discussed "core" games, for sure)
And it COULD have a small trailer of BOTW2, even. Not sure about it.

It will probably also highlight new reasons to subscribe to the NSO service, something surely interesting for a General Direct, for example

So, I'm not getting your take on the "General" wording, honestly (no offense)

So, I'm not getting your take on the "General" wording, honestly (no offense)
Might be just me, but General Directs used to be where Nintendo announces big new games (big both in sales and/or appeal), but I can't imagine that we'll get that tomorrow. Maybe a new Fire Emblem for February or so.

but since it focuses on end of 2022-games, what big games can it even be?
2021 September direct had the exact same wording and opened with Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak and had Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Triangle Strategy, Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3. No need to take it too seriously.
and I really think that Violet/Scarlet will be in this Direct
The Pokemon Company is completely detached from Nintendo when it comes to marketing now. The last time a Pokémon game was featured in a Direct was SwSh Expansion Pack in March 2020 Nintendo Direct Mini. You should probably not expect anything Pokémon related there, unless a Game Boy virtual console is announced (because then it is a Nintendo matter, Pokémon Snap was featured on Nintendo 64 VC reveal too).

Might be just me, but General Directs used to be where Nintendo announces big new games (big both in sales and/or appeal), but I can't imagine that we'll get that tomorrow. Maybe a new Fire Emblem for February or so.
I mean, yeah, we know there's a Fire Emblem remake in the works, a Metroid Prime Remake and maybe ports of Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker.
These four titles alone could make a general Direct.
Add Fatal Frame 4, a trailer for Splatoon to promote the game and announce a new patch, the usual Square Enix section and maybe a couple of new third parties ports and you've got a 40 minutes Direct.

If we're being crazy we could also add the Final Fantasy IX remake announcement, but I seriously doubt it.

Curious to see if BOTW2 shows up in the Direct. Anyways, good to see general Directs returning after a 7 month break.

Back
Top Bottom