• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

UPDATED: How much will Xenoblade Chronicles 3 sell? POST-REVEAL POLL

Now that XC3 has been officially revealed, how much do you think it will sell? (Worldwide LTD)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just for the record, previews are out as of today, so this time, "leaks" have started for real. Someone showed me a screenshot from the GameXPlain-preview that spoiled another character. Wouldn't have wanted to see that before playing myself :/ So, yeah, if you only want to watch official material, now is the time for a media blackout.

Disclaimer: I won't mention anything story related.

A few things I took from previews:
  • Significant improvement in technical aspects over previous games, both docked and handheld
  • QoLs
    • Easy and hard mode on day 1.
    • Auto-equip button for equimpments, gems, arts, etc.
    • Autobattle is back, not available against bosses.
    • Toggle to show a path to destination. It doesn't accounts if there are lv80+ monsters in the path.
    • You can assign shortcuts to sub menus, like ZL+B for quest list.
  • Slow start, as expected for a game with so many mechanics, but having 3 Step combos available right away makes me think it's not as slow as XC2.
  • Tutorials
    • Lots of them in the opening hours.
    • "It's clear, concise, and makes sure that people follow its instructions or they cannot proceed."
    • All tutorials are archived in a menu (funny I even have to mention this).
    • Training Drills feature: You can replay any tutorial battle you faced to train, remember or check if you missed anything on it.

As I said before, they can make the combat significantly more accessible while maintaining the complexity through better tutorials and it seems they did just that. All in all, the games seems to be alleviating/fixing all the main complaints people had over XC2 without taking away XC2 strongest points. Of course, controversial design decisions are more likely to be unearthed on reviews rather than preview and specially than marketing, so who knows how it will be ultimately received by critics and public, but I'm feeling optimistic about it.

Edit: Added easy/hard mode and auto-equip.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I won't mention anything story related.

A few things I took from previews:
  • Significant improvement in technical aspects over previous games, both docked and handheld
  • QoLs
    • Easy and hard mode on day 1.
    • Auto-equip button for equimpments, gems, arts, etc.
    • Autobattle is back, not available against bosses.
    • Toggle to show a path to destination. It doesn't accounts if there are lv80+ monsters in the path.
    • You can assign shortcuts to sub menus, like ZL+B for quest list.
  • Slow start, as expected for a game with so many mechanics, but having 3 Step combos available right away makes me think it's not as slow as XC2.
  • Tutorials
    • Lots of them in the opening hours.
    • "It's clear, concise, and makes sure that people follow its instructions or they cannot proceed."
    • All tutorials are archived in a menu (funny I even have to mention this).
    • Training Drills feature: You can replay any tutorial battle you faced to train, remember or check if you missed anything on it.

As I said before, they can make the combat significantly more accessible while maintaining the complexity through better tutorials and it seems they did just that. All in all, the games seems to be alleviating/fixing all the main complaints people had over XC2 without taking away XC2 strongest points. Of course, controversial design decisions are more likely to be unearthed on reviews rather than preview and specially than marketing, so who knows how it will be ultimately received by critics and public, but I'm feeling optimistic about it.

Edit: Added easy/hard mode and auto-equip.
A lot of the things that are being fixed here are why XB2 did somewhat "poorly" critically (and deservedly so), so I imagine this will score quite well which should lead to some good WoM.

I thinkI remember voting 3.5-4M and I'm keeping that prediction.
I'm expecting at least 2.40M by the end of the fiscal year.

After playing the game and realizing it is a lot more dramatic in tone than it should have been I will lower down my sales expectations a little. 3 million is doable but I expected 4 and up. It all depends on how people receive the game but 2 had a certain type of adventure feel to it which this one lacks.

Just dropping in to mention Xenoblade 3 climbed it's way to an 89 on Opencritic (it was at an 86 in the first few days, Metacritic on the other hand stabilized on an 89/90 from the getgo), it's now the 7th best rated game of 2022, the only other big budget title above it is of course Elden Ring. I think this, combined with the positive WoM, will help the game's legs. My prediction was in the 3M to 3.5M range, it still seems reasonable, possibly it could exceed it a bit.

I must say, saying several people on IB talk about how they prefer 2 and how the tone is not the same, made me want to try 3.
I didn't enjoy 2 at all, so I wasn't really keen on trying 3.
I really didn't have the same experience as what's being described by 2s fans ha ha.

About WoM, I see mostly (if only) positive ones in my "circles" (it's more what I stumble upon randomly, than my actual circle really).
A lot of "this is my favorite out of the 3 numbered Xb" as well.

I'm not sure where the negatives come from, but I didn't see any (beside here) yet. Not that I looked for it that much either though.
I won't say it has any bearing on sales but the opposite is true then I imagine.
Eshops ranking of the game seemed quite strong as well.

Last edited:
I must say, saying several people on IB talk about how they prefer 2 and how the tone is not the same, made me want to try 3.
I didn't enjoy 2 at all, so I wasn't really keen on trying 3.
I really didn't have the same experience as what's being described by 2s fans ha ha.

About WoM, I see mostly (if only) positive ones in my "circles" (it's more what I stumble upon randomly, than my actual circle really).
A lot of "this is my favorite out of the 3 numbered Xb" as well.

I'm not sure where the negatives come from, but I didn't see any (beside here) yet. Not that I looked for it that much either though.
I won't say it has any bearing on sales but the opposite is true then I imagine.
Eshops ranking of the game seemed quite strong as well.

It has a lot of X feelings so it's the second best one , after X

:]

Oh, you know how to talk to me...
I have a friend telling me the same.
Now I'm intrigued.
yeah, I haven't played X and I'm 55 hours into 3 but the size of the world is the closest to X among the mainline titles, maps are absolutely massive even compared to the other two. Also the game seems to sideline the robots in the beginng until it doesn't, then they're definitely more central to the story, moreso than 2 at least when they barely showed up before the ending. The story is more mature and there's a theme of survival which I assume is there too in X with Mira being a new planet.

the world design feels much more similar to Xenoblade X, as do the colonies and how sidequests feel. and I say that as someone who puts X as the best game in the series so far

the world design feels much more similar to Xenoblade X, as do the colonies and how sidequests feel. and I say that as someone who puts X as the best game in the series so far

Yeah

World building and exploration (bar the mecha)
Side quests
Tone and atmosfere

The central theme too, relying around the meaning of life and death, identity and personality, the trapasser/ceremony that reminds of the core hidden concept behind the avatars of X too..and so on

Stop hyping me up for this game with the X comparisons I'm already throwing all the money I have at Splatoon :(

You're going to find elements of all the previous Xenoblade games in 3. A lot of themes cross over with the themes explored in Xenoblade 2 as well, and the way the story is told with an emphasis on character developments and interactions is something it inherited from that game.

Some of the environments(one in particularly) will definitely remind you of X but the overall structure of the game has much more in common with the first game and 2.

The Hero characters are basically the perfect implementation of what the team wanted to do with the expanded cast in Xenoblade X and the Blades in 2, with more meaningful roles and much better implementation on a gameplay level.

So after finishing 3, I still believe it can reach above 3M and close to 3.5M, but I'm not expecting it to have the legs of 2, mostly due to the story probably being the weakest in the trilogy imo.

So after finishing 3, I still believe it can reach above 3M and close to 3.5M, but I'm not expecting it to have the legs of 2, mostly due to the story probably being the weakest in the trilogy imo.
Funny, because I think story is the one area where XB3 is clearly the best, while it's "worse" in all other areas ("worse" in comarison with other XB-games, still great).

But i agree, per its release itself, I'd expect worse legs than XB2. Although there's the effect of the story-DLC.

Still believe it will hit 3.5m and become the Three House of Xenoblade.

The good performance in Japan(Not adding Vouchers+LE)
The great performance in NPD(Not adding digital)
Decent performance in UK(Damn Uk and their Jamie Oliver taste lol)
Great performance in France(2 consecutive week on number 1 spot)
Great performance in Spain
Great performance in both Taiwan and South Korea.
Personal anecdote, very good performance in Indonesia(One of the biggest hit on Switch on all online shop. One online shop even went out to do Xenoblade 3 big pre launch promotion for 1 whole month)

Great WoM and of course upcoming great DLC plan. I simply don't see this game not doing 3.5m there.

Because the same has happened in previous weeks (MC-thread gets taken over by XB3-discussion, people say to take it elsewhere, then discussion suddenly stops altogether, only to re-surface in next week's MC-thread, rinse and repeat), I'll just take the XB3-debate here to this more fitting thread myself.

I made this post that got kinda lost on the bottom of page 5 of this week's MC-thread, so I'd like to give it some more exposure, since it wasn't some short throw away-posting. Here goes:

I have to reply to 2 misconceptions ishaan seems to have in regards to Xenoblade 3. I want to support this with concrete examples, so don't click on the spoilers unless you've played the game or don't care about spoilers. (btw. this is in reply to ishaan, but I've read this from more than one person, so pls don't perceive it as an attack on him):

These are the main claims:
- Nintendo has toned down certain elements compared to XB2 to reach a wider audience
- there's an average jrpg player

I believe the first statement is very obviously wrong to anyone who's played the game. That is for two reasons, mainly:

1) The very theme of the game is extremely depressing. As per the trailers, the themes are literally death, dying and grieving the lost ones. There isn't much room for any of the more lighthearted or even outgoing stuff that we saw in XB2. If the lack of these elements in XB2 was an orchestrated effort, that would mean that Takahashi chose on the game's story from its very inception and I doubt that to be true.XB3 tells a story it must tell, because it's next in line after the overarching events seen in XB1 and XB2.

2) The game actively incorporates this "lack" of these elements by actually having scenes HINT at them, because it's literally part of the plot. Here's some examples:
- when Kite falls in love with Juniper. The presentation here is reminiscent of Poppi's maid awakening in XB2. It's hilarious. Kite sees Juniper and reacts in comical fashion, with the screen jumping to Juniper's face, the whole screen sparkling and such.
- when Lanz is told to undress in broad daylight, attempts to do so, but then Eunie and Sena hit him, being like "what the spark, dude, you can't do that!", to which Lanz reacts "huh, why not?" and Eunie and Sena being confused about their own reaction, saying ".... I don't know.", then excusing it as a "reflex to hit Lanz, because he's a punchable guy".
- when the characters get their new outfits and the boys suddenly are self-conscious, running off to change out of othe girls' sight
- all of the above is the very consequence of SEX being something these characters have not known as long as they were part of the Moebius' system. After becoming Ouroboros or being freed from their flameclocks, the characters in XB3 suddenly start to awaken sexual feelings. There's plenty of scenes further elaborating this, especially in one of the best cutscenes in the game where the party is shown a newborn and then learns about where babies come from.

It's too convenient to assume XB3 toned things down over some negative feedback, especially when most feedback about XB2 and its designs and humor has been super positive. All evidence from the game itself points towards it being an intentional, creative choice. Ethel's boob window and persisting boob jiggle are further proof of that. I've mentioned before that I think XB3 might have worse legs than XB2, because its story and theme are inherently less "fun" (but not less interesting), they're too heavy for the jrpg audience. My biggest gripe of the game,
its extreme vagueness, adds to this impression of mine; XB3 is too much a "message", too focused on symbolisms, so much that it misses to give players some straight forward answers, not even at the end of the game. It's where I hope the story-DLC will do some heavy-lifting.
But to conclude this point: I don't see the evidence/logic of XB3 having toned down anything in response to XB2 feedback. XB3 is the way it is, because it made creative sense.

As for the second statement, I must disagree about there being an "average jrpg player". JRPGs as a genre are so diverse as well as niche that there is no "average". Any jrpg actually targeting an average would result in a bad game, because it'd need to shave off so many elements that might offend or annoy fans of certain jrpg ips. You can point at any of the singleplayer story-focused jrpgs and you will always find something that would annoy some jrpg players. Be it DQ11's archaic gameplay, Persona 5's sometimes unforgiving savepoints and homophobia, Tales of Arise's damage sponge-bosses and the onsen-scene, etc, etc.. And that's only talking about the already mainstream jrpg franchises. The "average jrpg player" doesn't exist, there's too many specific tastes that are being catered to, and that's a good thing honestly speaking. JRPGs are a niche already, but to find so many sub-niches is a status quo that's almost a miracle. To conclude: A jrpg that targets a perceived "average jrpg player" would probably end up being so boring that it'd not sell well at all.

If we're talking about growth of sales of future Monolith Soft-games, I'm confident that these two things need to happen:
- an action-battle system a la Zelda, Nier Automata, and many other action-rpg franchises. While combat in XB3 is better than XB1's, it's not great per se and an often voiced criticism is that it's still confusing, especially with the 7 party members. Even FF has been going in that direction and I think it's about time for Monolith Soft to apply more engaging gameplay to their games. As the BotW-support developer, they surely got some expertise in action-combat over all these years, and even the "cancelled" medieval ip was supposed to feature action-combat. This is where I see a lot of potential for growth, allowing players to engage in direct combat.
- a new story unrelated to XB1-3. Maybe set in the same universe(s), but only as a hint for long-term fans. I still believe it'd be great to see the medieval ip re-surface, because that's exactly what could put Monolith Soft on the map of western mainstream audiences. I love the XB trilogy, but XB3 failed to show the usual ambition, it didn't introduce or do anything impressive in terms of gameplay, unlike its predecessors, it was just "more of the same" (which is criticism on a high level just tbc). Xenoblade allowed Monolith Soft to get back on their feet, now let them show their full potential with a whole new story that everyone can experience from the same starting line.

Of course, we don't know XB3's true sales yet and where it ends up, so for all that's worth, XB3 might sell so well that Nintendo just continues as is. We'll see.

MMO/MOBA cool down based combat has one of the largest player base on earth, so no the combat does not need to change. That‘s like saying they need to change the open world. Monolith literally picked two of the most mainstream things in gaming and mashed them into a game. Anime is also very popular. Changing the art style to a more anime look was the best change by far as you can see the boost in sales from XC2 onwards.

What really needs to change is the cutscene length and overall length of the game. That’s actually needs to change. I keep going back and forth about the actual length of the game but cutscenes definitely needs to be shorter. A shorter but tighter main campaign would be beneficial. They could extend the length of the game by having more post launch updates. That should help legs.

Adding online multiplayer would be good as well for growth.

Last edited:
MMO/MOBA cool down based combat has one of the largest player base on earth, so no the combat does not need to change. That‘s like saying they need to change the open world. Monolith literally picked two of the most mainstream things in gaming and mashed them into a game. Anime is also very popular. Changing the art style to a more anime look was the best change by far as you can see the boost in sales from XC2 onwards.

What really needs to change is the cutscene length and overall length of the game. That’s actually needs to change. I keep going back and forth about the actual length of the game but cutscenes definitely needs to be shorter. A shorter but tighter main campaign would be beneficial. They could extend the length of the game by having more post launch updates. That should help legs.

Adding online multiplayer would be good as well for growth.
Xenoblade 3 is a 40h-game if you ignore sidequests. A jrpg shouldn't be shorter than that. And if you choose to do sidequests ... well, don't complain about the game's length then.

Btw what singleplayer-story focused jrpg has mmo/moba-combat? And why do you think FF16 is changing to action-combat if it's not more popular?

Brave to assume FF16 will sell well. Eitherway, MMO combat is bigger than any character action game combat. That’s on that. That’s literal facts.

Brave to assume FF16 will sell well. Eitherway, MMO combat is bigger than any character action game combat. That’s on that. That’s literal facts.
Yeah, because mmorpgs as a genre are bigger than singleplayer-story focused jrpgs. But neither Xenoblade nor FF16 are mmorpgs. So why compare different genres? Weird.

You said the combat needs to change to appeal to more people. News flash, MMO combat is already mainstream and has appeal. More people have played and are accustomed to cool down based combat than a DMC or Bayonetta or even Zelda lol. This is the same tired argument saying anime is niche.

The only truly niche aspect of Xenoblade (which I said in the other thread), is the VN aspect. Name a multi million selling VN. Quick… you can’t. People don’t like to sit through long non-gameplay moments. Xenosaga bombed for this exact same reason. As long as Monolith continues to shove 1 hour cutscenes into their games, it will never be a 10 million seller. Kojima‘s games have the exact same problem and sales ceiling despite being action open world games.

Elden Ring has like no story. No cutscene. BOTW? Same thing. GTA? Same. Fortnite? Same. Minecraft? Before people trying to tell me that an RPG needs long cutscenes or has to have it. Look at the best selling RPG, Pokémon‘s story is non existent.

If Monolith is really hell bent on story heavy games, the best change would be choice based dialogue over long cutscenes. Even so, these dialogue still needs to be short and not VN length. SHORT (not LONG) choice based dialogue in RPGs have been proven to sell well. Bethesda games all do this. Witcher, Cyberpunk all do this.

Last edited:
You said the combat needs to change to appeal to more people. News flash, MMO combat is already mainstream and has appeal. More people have played and are accustomed to cool down based combat then a DMC or Bayonetta or even Zelda lol. This is the same tired argument saying anime is niche.
Mmorpg combat is less popular in the genre of singleplayer-story focused jrpgs. That's why I find your argument here fundamentally wrong. It makes no sense to me. Pls tell why FF16 or the other, bigger jrpg-franchises don't do mmorpg combat then?

Because fans of singleplayer-story focused jrpgs don't like it.
The only truly niche aspect of Xenoblade (which I said in the other thread), is the VN aspect. Name a multi million selling VN. Quick… you can’t. People don’t like to sit through long non-gameplay moments. As long as Monolith continues to shove 1 hour cutscenes into their games, it will never be a 10 million seller. Kojima‘s games have the exact same problem and sales ceiling despite being action open world games.

Elden Ring has like no story. No cutscene. BOTW? Same thing. GTA? Same. Fortnite? Same. Minecraft? Before people trying to tell me that an RPG needs long cutscenes or has to have it. Look at the best selling RPG, Pokémon‘s story is non existent.

If Monolith is really hell bent on story heavy games, the best change would be choice based dialogue over long cutscenes. Even so, these dialogue still needs to be short and not VN length. SHORT (not LONG) choice based dialogue in RPGs have been proven to sell well. Bethesda games all do this. Witcher, Cyberpunk all do this.
1.) Long cutscenes don't make Xenoblade a visual novel.

2.) I disagree that the length was a problem in any of the past Xenoblsde-games. XB3 had two instances of overly long cutscenes, but the content in those instances is so good and liked by people who played it that I don't see the issue here. I'm also confident Monolith Soft won't repeat this. But imo it's not part of what makes and breaks sales. Xenoblade wouldn't sell more copies if cutscenes were shorter.

Fwiw, I agree with you that Cyberpunk 2077-like super immersive story-telling would be preferable. But that's going into fanfic territory, probably the wrong forum for such discussion. 🤷‍♀️

Even if this thread is about 3, it's probably the best place outside of making a new thread so...

2017 - 1.060.000 / 1.060.000 (NEW!)
2018 - 590.000 / 1.650.000 (-44%)
2019 - 270.000 / 1.920.000 (-54%)
2020 - 250.000 / 2.170.000 (- 7%)
2021 - 270.000 / 2.440.000 (+ 8%)
With the big boost it received from XC3 announcement, I think even the pessimistic can agree it will cross 2.6 at the very least. But how are you guys expectations for the following years?

I'm expecting it to be over 2.6 by Dec 2022 update, 2.7 by Dec 2023 and 2.8 by Dec 2025. I don't think people will take XC3 as a replacement, since they're quite different even on the surface, so I'm currently expecting it to eat into XC2 legs on top of natural decline but not completely kill them.

Even if this thread is about 3, it's probably the best place outside of making a new thread so...

With the big boost it received from XC3 announcement, I think even the pessimistic can agree it will cross 2.6 at the very least. But how are you guys expectations for the following years?

The yearly sales of Xeno2 are weirdly stable, so I would estimate based off that than trying to predict its number of sales via eShop ranking.
Basically if Xenoblade 2 sold:

Close to 3 mil by Dec 2023 for XC2 still seems unlikely to me though since I find it difficult to think 250k new customers would buy XC2 even during 2023 but that's just my gut feeling, nothing more than that. Even if Xenoblade 2 total sold stays around 2.7 mil LTD, that's still amazing sales for the second title of a JRPG series! But there's no need to inflate expectations either for that title or the franchise.

The West must have slacked off a little with XC2 during 2021, in comparison to Japan. Seems like Japan saw a big increase YoY but the West went down in spite of Pyra/Mythra being added to Smash. Still, any global growth over 2020 is already a very good sign.

I'm expecting it to be over 2.6 by Dec 2022 update, 2.7 by Dec 2023 and 2.8 by Dec 2025. I don't think people will take XC3 as a replacement, since they're quite different even on the surface, so I'm currently expecting it to eat into XC2 legs on top of natural decline but not completely kill them.
2022 should be yet another good year for the game thanks to hype for the sequel and increased exposure of the IP. My guess is another ~270k this year for a total of 2.7M by the end of 2022, followed by ~150k years or so. So it should reach 3M by the end of 2024, more or less. If by any chance they update the game for Switch Pro/2 before, then it would happen sooner, but that's a very huge "if".

The yearly sales of Xeno2 are weirdly stable, so I would estimate based off that than trying to predict its number of sales via eShop ranking.
Basically if Xenoblade 2 sold:

Close to 3 mil by Dec 2023 for XC2 still seems unlikely to me though since I find it difficult to think 250k new customers would buy XC2 even during 2023 but that's just my gut feeling, nothing more than that. Even if Xenoblade 2 total sold stays around 2.7 mil LTD, that's still amazing sales for the second title of a JRPG series! But there's no need to inflate expectations either for that title or the franchise.

I mean, games leg usually will decrease as year past by. And from what we see, 2019 to 2020 buck that trend. But due to Pyra/Mythra Smash push as well kinda a new life given to XC2. It lead to it reverse that trend and actually got an increase for Jrpg which once again, usually have weak legs.

I think 2023 will be below 200k already there. Why? At least 2022 should still have XC3 hype and people returning to play XC2 to enjoy more XC experience. But by 2023, it will be 7 years of game life and if a new system is announced at that time, unless there is deep sales. The sales is going to slow down more and more.

It is logical, the sales increase is almost exclusively digital and the game is more attractive digitally in Japan.

Also, one more factor. The west based on post @Bruno MB given on Spain price of XC2 physical and we heard often that XC2 physical is very hard to find in the west. That may be one of the point that lead to west had weaker legs vs Japan.

Quick warning: For what can only be called a massive a**h**** move, Dunkey both released a video today spoiling most of the game, as well as tweeted a big spoiler on Twitter. I guess him not liking a game means he's free to ruin it for others.

I already finished the game, but if you haven't, stay far away. That is all.

Quick warning: For what can only be called a massive a**h**** move, Dunkey both released a video today spoiling most of the game, as well as tweeted a big spoiler on Twitter. I guess him not liking a game means he's free to ruin it for others.

Did he say he dislike it?

Lol. Lucky i don't watch that video then. It show up on my YT feed. Tx for the warning. Him being dumb dumb in spoiling others just sucks.

This whole situation feels like the YT version of a tweet leaving a creator’s target audience. Cause Dunkey spoils games in a lot of his videos, even in games he likes. He’s also been pretty vocal about his distaste for RPGs and non-Miyazaki anime in the past. Part of me thinks people are interpreting it as more malicious than it actually is, but… you never know, honestly.

I don’t think he’ll care though. I mean, his first line in the video is about how Twitter’s gonna get mad and… here we are. Dude’s been through Last of Us 2 discourse.

This whole situation feels like the YT version of a tweet leaving a creator’s target audience. Cause Dunkey spoils games in a lot of his videos, even in games he likes. He’s also been pretty vocal about his distaste for RPGs and non-Miyazaki anime in the past. Part of me thinks people are interpreting it as more malicious than it actually is, but… you never know, honestly.

I don’t think he’ll care though. I mean, his first line in the video is about how Twitter’s gonna get mad and… here we are. Dude’s been through Last of Us 2 discourse.
The difference is that for The Last of Us 2 gave a spoiler warning before saying any late game thing. Here just threw spoilers without warning and then just straight up tweeted one just to make fun of those who were angry at the video.

That's your reasoning? Seriously?
The content of a game being part of my reasoning? Yes, absolutely. What has you shook this much?
Elden Ring is a cheery game. I don’t think dark or light theme is an indicator of anything. There’re plenty of depressing successful games. We don’t need to be surprised. XC3 launch is way bigger than XC2 in almost every market. Some places more than double. XC2 did 1 million in a month. We can extrapolate from that.
Elden Ring LOOKS dark, but the focus isn't on story in any comparable way as it is in a Xenoblade-game. Most people I know play Souls-games for the challenge, never have I met anyone who was like "omg, I can't wait to find out what happens next in the story!". XB3 is almost the opposite of that: It's bright and colorful, but it focuses on story; and that story truly deepdives into themes that most people like to ignore in their everyday life. You can disagree, but I won't change my stance because of that.

And we absolutely CANNOT extrapolate future sales from XB3's 1st month. Do I need to post the Disco Stu-picture? ;>

All of the souls games have depressing stories on top of being dark art wise. The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us. I can do a whole list.

XC3 is 2 million plus first report. It won’t take much to outsell XC2 LTD. XC3 is much more “mainstream”. You can bookmark this.

Last edited:
All of the souls games have depressing stories on top of being thematically dark. The Walking Dead, The Last Of Us. I can do a whole list.
You refuse to understand. Souls-games LOOK dark, but their story is whatever. People going into a Souls-games EXPECT dark window-dressing. When people go into Xenoblade, based on XB1 and XB2, they expect a grand, uplifting adventure, not what XB3 is from start to finish.

If a new American Pie-movie came out and was a brutal horror-slasher movie, you wouldn't say "but people like horror-movies, there's no reason it'd hurt American Pie changing from comedy to horror!".
XC3 is 2 million + first report. It won’t take much to outsell XC2 LTD. XC3 is much more “mainstream”. You can bookmark this.
I must have missed that report. Can you source that XB3 already hit 2mio? Thanks

You refuse to understand. Souls-games LOOK dark, but their story is whatever. People going into a Souls-games EXPECT dark window-dressing. When people go into Xenoblade, based on XB1 and XB2, they expect a grand, uplifting adventure, not what XB3 is from start to finish.

If a new American Pie-movie came out and was a brutal horror-slasher movie, you wouldn't say "but people like horror-movies, there's no reason it'd hurt American Pie changing from comedy to horror!".

I must have missed that report. Can you source that XB3 already hit 2mio? Thanks

XB3 probably haven’t reach 2m but it likely will before the next quarter report

i don’t think it being “dark” is an issue.. also no chance 3 is a sales failure it’s silly to even bring this up lol

especially comparing it to soul hackers 2

first week of 3 is higher than 2 and that’s without collector’s edition and digital ratio sales nowadays

as for the legs? we won’t know until 2 years time to at least compare it with 2 if that’s what you want

Okay, so I'm still only at chapter 4 in XB3, so it may take a very depressing turn later in the game that I'm unaware of, but so far it doesn't seem much darker than XB1&2? I think the first game is rather dark overall (the apparent death of you-know-who, the bittersweet reunion as well as them having to deal with a whole new body once they come back, and the fate of one city come to mind). XB2 has silly moments but it's not all sunshine and rainbows either.

Okay, so I'm still only at chapter 4 in XB3, so it may take a very depressing turn later in the game that I'm unaware of, but so far it doesn't seem much darker than XB1&2? I think the first game is rather dark overall (the apparent death of you-know-who, the bittersweet reunion as well as them having to deal with a whole new body once they come back, and the fate of one city come to mind). XB2 has silly moments but it's not all sunshine and rainbows either.

Yup. I am half way in Chapter 5. But till now, this game is far from being super depressing like lets say TLoU 2 and that game sells like hotcakes.

XC3 should be a little over 3m in its first fiscal report. I don’t see why it wouldn’t considering how much something like Metroid Dread sold while being more niche

Back
Top Bottom