• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Top 100 games played on Steam Deck, March 2023 - March 2024 (sorted by peak daily active user)

MysticGon

Enthusiast
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/decktop100

No numbers sadly but just more information to chew on. The monthly list sorted by cumulative hours played tells you which games Deck owners like to spend most of their time on. The new list tells you which games drew the most eyeballs during it's peak.

Top 20

1. Baldur's Gate 3
  2. Vampire Survivors
  3. DAVE THE DIVER
  4. Hogwarts Legacy
  5. ELDEN RING
  6. Palworld
  7. Cyberpunk 2077
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Stardew Valley
  10. Red Dead Redemption 2
  11. Hades
  12. Brotato
  13. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  14. The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt
  15. Slay the Spire
  16. Cult of the Lamb
  17. Dead Cells
  18. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  19. Monster Hunter: World
  20. Persona 5 Royal

Last edited:
Good Japan designed or developed representation again. Great to see Steam becoming a global top platform for the dev industry there.

05. Elden Ring
06. Palworld
20. Persona 5 Royal
25. Monster Hunter Rise
27. Resident Evil 4
41. Street Fighter 6
42. Octopath Traveler II
47. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
50. Persona 3 Reload
54. Dark Souls III
58. Final Fantasy VII Remake
64. Yakuza: Like A Dragon
68. Final Fantasy XIV: Online
69. Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
70. Resident Evil 2
72. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
78. Yakuza 0
81. Dark Souls: Remastered
82. Persona 4 Golden
87. Death Stranding: Director's Cut
95. Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
97. Granblue Fantasy: Relink
99. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

And for those keeping track to the 1st parties:

Sony Interactive Entertainment
21. Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
31. Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition
34. Helldivers 2
36. God of War
62. Days Gone
63. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
94. Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Microsoft Gaming
23. Fallout 4
26. Forza Horizon 5
29. Diablo IV
33. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
38. Fallout: New Vegas
46. Starfield
75. Forza Horizon 4

Valve
57. Portal 2
60. Counter-Strike 2
86. Left 4 Dead 2

For me, the first time that a take a look at a list of most played games in Steam, thanks for sharing. And, to me, the list screams that there is not an ideal genre to be played in portable mode, neither the opposite.

We had to read wall texts about why some games like FPSs would never flourish on the Switch because this is mostly a handheld and whoever wants to play those games would rather buy a big boys console.

In the end, it' all about games. Then players will decide how to play them.

Good Japan designed or developed representation again. Great to see Steam becoming a global top platform for the dev industry there.

05. Elden Ring
06. Palworld
20. Persona 5 Royal
25. Monster Hunter Rise
27. Resident Evil 4
41. Street Fighter 6
42. Octopath Traveler II
50. Persona 3 Reload
54. Dark Souls III
58. Final Fantasy VII Remake
64. Yakuza: Like A Dragon
68. Final Fantasy XIV: Online
69. Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
70. Resident Evil 2
72. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
78. Yakuza 0
81. Dark Souls: Remastered
82. Persona 4 Golden
95. Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
97. Granblue Fantasy: Relink
99. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

And for those keeping track to the 1st parties:

Sony Interactive Entertainment
21. Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
31. Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition
34. Helldivers 2
36. God of War
62. Days Gone
63. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
94. Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Microsoft Gaming
23. Fallout 4
26. Forza Horizon 5
29. Diablo IV
33. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
38. Fallout: New Vegas
46. Starfield
75. Forza Horizon 4

Valve
57. Portal 2
60. Counter-Strike 2
86. Left 4 Dead 2

Which bodes for both Japanese developers worried about domestic console slowdown, any future port plans since their games can run on tech that sips electricity and might give first parties a test run for own handheld efforts.

For me, the first time that a take a look at a list of most played games in Steam, thanks for sharing. And, to me, the list screams that there is not an ideal genre to be played in portable mode, neither the opposite.

We had to read wall texts about why some games like FPSs would never flourish on the Switch because this is mostly a handheld and whoever wants to play those games would rather buy a big boys console.

In the end, it' all about games. Then players will decide how to play them.

Give people full-size controls for maximum comfort and a display that's easy on the eyes and they will be happy. Genres that live and die on making out distant objects (FPS) and counting frames (Fighters) definitely needed the tech to catch up to their vision.

Is it? We dont get Steam Deck hwardware sales or when we do they seem fairly lackluster. The new Steam OLED doesnt top the steam bestseller by revenue charts despite being very expensive compared to any game is an indicator.

I feel like it's done decently, otherwise valve wouldnt have done an OLED refresh (OTOH that refresh likely cost very little, just plopping a new screen). but i dont think it'll ever be huge success given it's size, battery life etc.

if valve really wants it to take off imo they have to get the top gaas on there. no idea if they even care that much.

Which bodes for both Japanese developers worried about domestic console slowdown, any future port plans since their games can run on tech that sips electricity and might give first parties a test run for own handheld efforts.

Give people full-size controls for maximum comfort and a display that's easy on the eyes and they will be happy. Genres that live and die on making out distant objects (FPS) and counting frames (Fighters) definitely needed the tech to catch up to their vision.
Or you mean ''Japanese developers worried about slowdown because they make all their games for PS5 and none for Switch while PS5 is collapsing in Japan at the same time Switch is breaking all console records in Japan''.

Is it? We dont get Steam Deck hwardware sales or when we do they seem fairly lackluster. The new Steam OLED doesnt top the steam bestseller by revenue charts despite being very expensive compared to any game is an indicator.

I feel like it's done decently, otherwise valve wouldnt have done an OLED refresh (OTOH that refresh likely cost very little, just plopping a new screen). but i dont think it'll ever be huge success given it's size, battery life etc.

if valve really wants it to take off imo they have to get the top gaas on there. no idea if they even care that much.
Steam Deck has in total sold about 2-3 million units WW. So Nintendo in the eight year of the Switch will sell about 4 times more Switch units this year than Steam deck has sold in total.

Valve can't even convince a large part of the Steam user base to get a Steam Deck, so its totally dead among general consumers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m quite happy with my Steam Deck but I do wish higher end games were better optimized and didn’t run the fan so hot. Kinda waiting to see if BG3 gets a Switch 2 port for that reason.

I’m quite happy with my Steam Deck but I do wish higher end games were better optimized and didn’t run the fan so hot. Kinda waiting to see if BG3 gets a Switch 2 port for that reason.
games are starting to get to the point where SD can't keep up. it's not too surprising given the CPU in the system

Back
Top Bottom