• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

The Playstation Showcase: Betting Special! [Full Results!]

425911_64678e6c117b7.jpg

As mentioned by @Welfare in its Community Bet thread, available here, we intend to make an event out of the upcoming showcases and have people bet on what would appear or not there ;)

For those that follow Easy Allies, this is something they do quite often when E3/not-E3 season starts.

In this case we are focusing on the upcoming PS showcase, the first in around 1.5 year.

The event will be streamed on the usual platforms, here's a direct YT link:

Until then, there's the opportunity to bet on the following categories :

Is Gran Theft Auto VI going to be teased at the Playstation Showcase ?

Which games are going to be revealed ?
Among Persona 6, Metal Gear, Monster Hunter, Horizon and more

Which JP 3rd party publisher will showcase the most titles ?

Funny bets

Because anything can happen :)

People will be able to bet until the showcase starts, hopefully we will have a lot of pleasant surprises ;)

Since it's only an hour and it probably won't be as tight as a State of Play, we should probably keep in mind how many games they'll reveal, on top of expanding on already announced games. I think it will be between 18-22 games given 3 minutes per title on average, not counting bonus shadow drops (i.e. Monster Hunter PSP when they announce Monster Hunter 6) unless this is a semi-live show with demos, which we have to slice of about 5 games from that expectation

Since it's only an hour and it probably won't be as tight as a State of Play, we should probably keep in mind how many games they'll reveal, on top of expanding on already announced games. I think it will be between 18-22 games given 3 minutes per title on average, not counting bonus shadow drops (i.e. Monster Hunter PSP when they announce Monster Hunter 6) unless this is a semi-live show with demos, which we have to slice of about 5 games from that expectation

Also keep in mind they will highlight VR titles, so it's possible your 18-22 hypothesis goes down to 14-18 if you're not interested in that (I am).

I'm expecting Honkai: Star Rail to show up here given it's Playstation release leaked a couple of weeks ago for the next patch.

Unless it was delayed or Sony doesn't care if it's not Genshin.

I will say Death Stranding 2 is a possibility to show up at the PlayStation Showcase šŸ™ˆ, but if not it could easily be at Summers Game Fest or at another event later this year. I don't expect this game to come out until late 2024 or 2025 at the latest.

I will say Death Stranding 2 is a possibility to show up at the PlayStation Showcase šŸ™ˆ, but if not it could easily be at Summers Game Fest or at another event later this year. I don't expect this game to come out until late 2024 or 2025 at the latest.
Wouldn't be so sure, Kojipro has been pretty efficient when it comes to dev times and DS already released 3.5 years ago.

I'm expecting Honkai: Star Rail to show up here given it's Playstation release leaked a couple of weeks ago for the next patch.

Unless it was delayed or Sony doesn't care if it's not Genshin.
I think Sony cares a lot about Honkai. It's absolutely massive and will be a console exclusive like Genshin.

I think there's a very high chance of Showcase having the first showing for both MHW 2 and P6.

I think thereā€™s a chance that Bandai Namco announces a Shonen Jump crossover game like a Jump Force 2.

I think they were probably in relation to getting paid for Game Pass early on. They've had several in most of the State of Play if I'm remembering correctly. There was Tekken, Synduality, Jojo and Naruto.

Show me the first real Final Fantasy VII Rebirth trailer and I'll be satisfied, considering Spider-Man 2's obvious appearance.

Likely: FF7R2, Nier 3, Death Stranding 2, Rise of Ronin, Avatar, Wolverine, MGS3, Silent Hill 2, TLOU Factions.
Possible: MHW2, Persona 6, Dragons Dogma 2, Bioshock 4, KH4, Castlevania, ND/SSM New IP, Bend New IP, Ember Lab

VR: RE4 VR, Astro Bot 2, Half Life Alyx, Ace Combat 8

Going to be a very stacked show!

Likely: FF7R2, Nier 3, Death Stranding 2, Rise of Ronin, Avatar, Wolverine, MGS3, Silent Hill 2, TLOU Factions.
Possible: MHW2, Persona 6, Dragons Dogma 2, Bioshock 4, KH4, Castlevania, ND/SSM New IP, Bend New IP, Ember Lab

VR: RE4 VR, Astro Bot 2, Half Life Alyx, Ace Combat 8

Going to be a very stacked show!
Don't you think that they would hold FF7R2 back, until FFXVI launches ?

Marketing wise, it seems like the sensible thing to do.

Anyone betting yes for the GTA VI reveal loves to burn money for no good reason ;)

No predictions from me, i just hope there is some Metal Gear Solid announcement. Remasters or Remakes of older games would be the most likely if there is any news and that would be great.

I don't think we'll see games like FF7R2 or Wolverine before the big previous games from the same devs will be out.
Will be an interesting watch I think, whether it's to see if Sony really supports PSVR2, if there are JP games that aren't AAA, and whether Sony will start teasing stuff 2 years in advance again or not.

My prediction because I want to see new games:

- new Silent Hill finally shown
- new Team Ueda-game
- a VR-remake of ICO that changes the stressful shadow monsters and focuses on exploring the ruins together with Yorha.
- new Dark Cloud, a jrpg with free-form world-altering. build towns wherever you want to
- (frustratingly, because it shouldn't be console-exclusive) a VR-exclusive SAO-game in cooperation with Bandai Namco, thx to Sony paying the bill being the AAA-VR game that everyone is waiting for
- Persona 6-teaser, announcement of some Persona-concert event for full reveal
- new Kojima-game
- Wolverine-trailer
- new Ace Combat exclusively for VR

Last edited:
My prediction because I want to see new games:

- new Silent Hill finally shown
- new Team Ueda-game
- a VR-remake of ICO that changes the stressful shadow monsters and focuses on exploring the ruins together with Yorha.
- new Dark Cloud, a jrpg with free-form world-altering. build towns wherever you want to
- (frustratingly, because it shouldn't be console-exclusive) a VR-exclusive SAO-game in cooperation with Bandai Namco, thx to Sony paying the bill being the AAA-VR game that everyone is waiting for
- Persona 6-teaser, announcement of some Persona-concert event for full reveal
- new Kojima-game
- Wolverine-trailer
- new Ace Combat exclusively for VR

I'd love to see a new Dark Cloud, but I think Level 5 announcing 3 (or 4?) games in the last Direct really cuts off any chance of getting DC3.

Decapolice looks like a lot of fun.

Results!
So in summary:

Is Gran Theft Auto VI going to be teased at the Playstation Showcase ?​

No

Which games are going to be revealed ?​

Metal Gear Solid 3 was there but no MH6, Horizon, Bloodborne, Persona 6, Uncharted 5

Funny bets​

A wild Kojima will appear -> No
The words "PSVR2"/"Playstation VR 2" will be uttered more than 9.5 times -> I don't think so (would love if someone could confirm)
The Spider-Man 2 trailer will feature at least one puddle -> Yes !

Which JP 3rd party publisher will showcase the most titles ?​

I have Square-Enix at 2, Cygames at 1, Capcom at 3 and Konami at 2 or 4 depending on how you count the Collection. So I am giving it to both Capcom and Konami.

That wasn't a good showcase from a Sony perspective, we're very very lacking in upcoming PS5 exclusives. Could be a total role reversal with Xbox over the next couple of years.

At least Spidey 2 looks great and will be huge and there's lots of good multiplats for an overall healthy industry.

Literally no 1st party reveals. They shouldā€™ve just called it a state of play.
Fairgame$
Helldivers 2
Marathon
Destiny 2: The Final Shape (expansion)
Concord

That's 5 first party world premieres on top of Spider-Man 2 which we already knew about.

Is it just me or are there a lot of similarities between FFXVI and Dragon's Dogma II? Honestly apart from FFXV's gameplay (which is the most important part) everything else in that game was more appealing to me.

Either way if FFXVI ends up not being my cup of tea, it doesn't matter as I think Rebirth and the 9 Remake will be a treat.

Yeah I can understand people being underwhelmed in that aspect.

In a way, it was a good TGA-like showcase, with lots of already announced good games, CG trailer reveals, some standouts but lacking the oomph of the previous PS showcases.

Guess people overhype too much but end up disappointing outside some several titles that we already know exist huh.

I thought the ball was dropped from the PSVR2 aspect. The fact that they announced the showcase as "PS5 and PSVR2" then had Jim Ryan come out at the beginning again mentioning PSVR2 while basically showing nothing 'mega' aside from RE was a bit of a 'ho-hum'. Felt they woulda just been better off showing those games without putting emphasis on 'PSVR2' because they created expectations that weren't delivered upon.

That said Spider-Man is going to be insane and they know it. All they had to do was slap their Spider-Man dick on the table and people would be happy. No release date is a bit annoying, but they said that's coming.

Finally, that was the best Final Fantasy XVI trailer yet. Hard to believe I'm one month away.

Is it just me or are there a lot of similarities between FFXVI and Dragon's Dogma II?
Assuming DD2 plays like DD1, gameplay wise they will be completely different. Did you play the first one?
Post automatically merged:

Fairgame$
Helldivers 2
Marathon
Destiny 2: The Final Shape (expansion)
Concord

That's 5 first party world premieres on top of Spider-Man 2 which we already knew about.
Arrowhead aren't first party.

One interesting point about the showcase is their live-service games will be coming out day one on PC. (Helldivers, Concord, Fairgame$)

I assume the main source of disappointment for this Showcase stems from the lack of any new single-player PlayStation Studios games announced. The Last of Us Factions, the one new upcoming GaaS game using a big IP with an established fanbase, also wasn't shown.

The 2nd phase of the PS5 is to have steady stock. Some expectations like GTAVI, MH2, PS5 Slim and Pro were very unrealistic.

I hope the cross gen games will end this year.

Back
Top Bottom