• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom sells over 10m units worldwide (first 3 days), fastest-selling game in series + Nintendo game in Americas/EU

WTH!!! They didn't even fully translate it for Europe?!
That is lazy! I like they don't even care, This is they're
chance to reintroduce this series to the masses.....I
mean literally +125m people and they don't even
translate it...

I seems like they're treating this game as a simple
schedule lineup buffer, Baten Kaitos deserves BETTER!
Blame Bandai Namco. This isn't a Nintendo joint

Impressive numbers just as expected, I talked my 3 Japanese friends, who mostly play Splatoon, into buying the game and now they kind of just stopped grinding Splatoon with me haha. It's great to see Zelda doing so well in Japan.

Impressive numbers just as expected, I talked my 3 Japanese friends, who mostly play Splatoon, into buying the game and now they kind of just stopped grinding Splatoon with me haha. It's great to see Zelda doing so well in Japan.
Would you say Splatoon is the Japanese equivalent of Fortnite based on your experience?

Would you say Splatoon is the Japanese equivalent of Fortnite based on your experience?
My friends are working adults and don't play Fornite, but from my observation, I think kids or teenagers that are into Splatoon do know/play Fornite. For adults, most of the people I know play Splatoon. Fornite is extremely popular, but I'd say Splatoon has an edge over it in Japan as "the national game". My friends even call Squid sisters' Calamari Inkantation 国歌(national anthem) after all, haha.
note: I haven't been in Japan for 2 years, so maybe other users who are currently living in Japan will be able to give you more reliable insight, but I doubt much has changed since I left.

I have a TotK question, sorry to ask but I'm not really part of other forums anymore. Sorry...

Early in the game story wise, little spoilers but I'll do my best here...

So in Kakariko Village, there are ruins that have crashed into the town. You can visit four stone tablets to learn about the past, but a fifth one remains blocked due to following orders from Zelda. I've tried everything to get in, but the man keeps stopping me. Can I even access this part of the ruins or should I move on?

This question has so much to do with sales data! Yahaha you found me!

I have a TotK question, sorry to ask but I'm not really part of other forums anymore. Sorry...

Early in the game story wise, little spoilers but I'll do my best here...

So in Kakariko Village, there are ruins that have crashed into the town. You can visit four stone tablets to learn about the past, but a fifth one remains blocked due to following orders from Zelda. I've tried everything to get in, but the man keeps stopping me. Can I even access this part of the ruins or should I move on?

This question has so much to do with sales data! Yahaha you found me!
Keeping it as spoiler-free as possible, you should move on.

I think NSMBU will definitely get there. RFA could though it's legs have taken a hit, so it might fall short by a few million. Switch Sports also has a shot but that really depends on if Nintendo is going to continue adding sports to it.

A brand new 2D Mario game should be able to break 20 million, but I'm of the opinion that they should hold off 2D Mario until their next system. Maybe around 2026. I know it would be weird to not have a new Mario game in the same year as the movie, but it's just as weird that a new Mario game wasn't even announced in the lead up to the movie. As a matter of fact, NO Mario games have been confirmed for this year so far and we are more than halfway through May. There is nothing on the horizon. Has that ever been the case?

They should hold off on 2D Mario because that is going to be a system seller. You don't need a system seller this late in the Switch's life, especially since NSMBU DX is doing a good enough job. Kind of like how you have MK8 DX and don't need MK 9 on Switch. 3D Mario at launch in 2024 and then 2D Mario two years later would be ideal for me honestly. And then they could do Mario Maker 3 roughly 2 years after that. I know that it would be 7 years between Mario Maker 2 and a new 2D Mario if we wait until 2026, but it's also been almost 6 years since Odyssey. Also, isn't the 2D Mario team working on Pikmin 4? I don't think the 3D Mario team has releasing anything since Bowser's Fury.

I don't think there is a problem releasing 2D Mario on Switch especially if Next Switch is going to be Backwards Compatible. Just need to slap a DX and sold it as a new title for Switch 2 and it will sell millions there too.

Atm, Ninty had the target of 15m Switch HW sold and quite huge Software sales target. Having title like 2D Mario is going to help a lot especially when Mario movie has hit 1.2billion there. So the interest is in peak high moment.

How does Nintendo count vouchers

If I had to guess they put the full price of the voucher as unearned revenue in their statememt of financial position and then as a customer uses them to purchase a game they reduce the account by half. They would only count the voucher revenue, not the game price and they would just split it down the middle since there is no real way to know otherwise. They could do some sort of proportioning I suppose but I don't see why they would.

Back
Top Bottom