• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

The Last of Us Part II has sold over 10M units as of Spring 2022

We doing this?
I mean I'm not sure what else to say really. GoT launched a month after this game and sold much, much less in its opening weekend based off of preorders and before word of mouth could take effect. Fast forward to now and it has made up that deficit and looks likely to sell more when everything is said and done. You tell me that audience reception did nor play a part in this new IP achieving this compares to a sequel to a beloved game. It's a fair enough conclusion to draw I feel. But I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it there.

Good number but feels weaker especially vs Sony other bigger IP. The controversies certainly put some damper to this game performance in the end.
I will said, i am more impressed with Ghost performance there.
I’m not. We have seen plenty of games like Ghost perform like this, including several from Sony. It also got better support. Multiplayer expansion, free updates, Director’s release with SP expansion and exclusive features.

TLOU 1 actually did get these things, though the SP and MP expansions were flipped.

Last edited:
I’m not. We have seen plenty of games like Ghost perform like this, including several from Sony. It also got better support. Multiplayer expansion, free updates, Director’s release with SP expansion and exclusive features.

TLOU 1 actually did get these things, though the SP and MP expansions were flipped.

Tlou 2 got much better Mc scores, win lots of award and push as much bigger release title vs GoT though.

While the continuous support for GoT helped a lot i feel, as brand new ip. It's performance is really good

I doubt it.

Gow just has the perfect mix in regards to concept.

Hyper violent supernatural dark fantasy>> apocalyptic zombie road trip.

Just different levels in terms of compelling content.

Not to mention numero dos spot means bumping Spider-Man spinoff out of their position.
I don't see it happening.

TLOU has such a dedicated fanbase and the games are really outstanding, I think if Factions SP or TLOU III meets TLOU II quality its only a matter of time.
Basically TLOU has the potential of being a multimedia powerhouse, hit MP game, outstanding SP campaigns and hit TV show.

Spiderman Spin off should be number 2.

TLOU2 released when the PS4 was well over 100M, and has yet to pass it.

Splatoon 2 is 5 years old at this point compared to 1 year and 9 months of sales from TLOU II. Not a valid comparison.

How things change in 7 years.

2013 :
Animal crossing New Leaf : 13M
The Last of US : 20M

2020 :
Animal crossing New Horizon : 39M
The Last of US II : 10M

This is all wrong. TLOU took 6-7 years (2019/2020) to sell 20M.

TLOU has such a dedicated fanbase and the games are really outstanding, I think if Factions SP or TLOU III meets TLOU II quality its only a matter of time.
Basically TLOU has the potential of being a multimedia powerhouse, hit MP game, outstanding SP campaigns and hit TV show.

Splatoon 2 is 5 years old at this point compared to 1 year and 9 months of sales from TLOU II. Not a valid comparison.

Isn't that 20m tlou 1 is ps3+ps4? Or i am wrong?

Great number in general but probably lower than people expected pre-launch considering the hype.
For me it was disappointing because i saw how fast retailers slashed the price on this one and it being around 20€ for most of its lifetime. For some reason i expected it to be able to hold its value longer, but it happened even fatser than for games like GoT.

Considering the hype, critical reception, price difference after launch and the user base of the PS4 at the time…very valid imo.

Pretty good numbers, should reach 15-20M LTD depending on when TLOU III launches. Might be far, since everyone seems to have underestimated how big Factions is going to be as a standalone. Or if Factions has a huge singleplayer, it could replace TLOU II.

In terms of franchise strength for Sony:
  1. Spiderman
  2. GoW
  3. Spiderman spinoff
  4. Uncharted
  5. TLOU
  6. Ghost
  7. Horizon
  8. GT
I'd say TLOU still has the potential to become number 2. The leak of the game a month before release had serious effects.
I haven't played Miles Morales, but I thought the gameplay was the same as the other Spider-Man game. Shouldn't 1&3 really just be the same big franchise?

This is good in isolation but I think this is poor compared to expectations after week 1. To only sell 2.5x week 1 sales after 1.5+ years is poor legs, especially when the game has been in the bargain bin. Its a shame because it deserves way better but the toxicity really did a number on this game.

We don't know how many of the original games 20m+ sales were unique, but I don't think there'd be too many double dippers. Its probably looking at more than 5m people fewer buying the sequel than the first and that gap may well start to grow again in September. That's a big loss for an IP.

This is good in isolation but I think this is poor compared to expectations after week 1. To only sell 2.5x week 1 sales after 1.5+ years is poor legs, especially when the game has been in the bargain bin. Its a shame because it deserves way better but the toxicity really did a number on this game.

We don't know how many of the original games 20m+ sales were unique, but I don't think there'd be too many double dippers. Its probably looking at more than 5m people fewer buying the sequel than the first and that gap may well start to grow again in September. That's a big loss for an IP.
Do you think this IP is dead after the remake comes out? Is it a situation like Twilight Princess where they will shelve the IP if performance of TLOU remake doesn't do better for a project with such a large budget? Will it disappear then return as a GAAS?

Do you think this IP is dead after the remake comes out? Is it a situation like Twilight Princess where they will shelve the IP if performance of TLOU remake doesn't do better for a project with such a large budget? Will it disappear then return as a GAAS?
TLOU II just underperformed expectations but it was no flop, it should have made the money back and even made some profit. SIE has big plans for the IP between the HBO series ,TLOUR and making their first big new GaaS a TLOU game. The IP isn’t getting shelved

TLOU II just underperformed expectations but it was no flop, it should have made the money back and even made some profit. SIE has big plans for the IP between the HBO series ,TLOUR and making their first big new GaaS a TLOU game. The IP isn’t getting shelved
The team made some bad design decision many fans didn't like. No reason to trash the whole ip into the bin for that.

Just look how GoW came back and better than ever.
Thank you. I haven't followed this IP and am curious to learn.

Far from dead, its still very successful so its down to the creative leads whether they want to continue making more or leave it with just these two. I expect the factions multiplayer game will be huge and bring more people in but that may not lead to increased interest in the SP games.
The team made some bad design decision many fans didn't like. No reason to trash the whole ip into the bin for that.

They made some design decisions fans didn't like, none of them inherently bad. They knew they were taking a big risk with the story they went for and they were challenging all of their players to look at a video game story differently. I think it was awesome of them to do that but it may well have backfired.

Since the leaks were all over the place in the lead up to launch, I would have expected the impact of the controversial story to affect more launch than legs.

My take on the topic is a bit different. TLOU2 is called "Part 2" and as such, is aiming at the people that already played TLOU1. That audience is more limited than for other games, therefore, after launch, there was not a big audience to talk to.

Hence the legs.

it should have made the money back and even made some profit

It was profitable from day 1.

Regarding TLOU2, in this interview Neil Druckmann mentions it was profitable since day 1 (around 11 minute mark):

Neil said he already has a outline for Part III story, but that it wasn't in development.

Regarding these sales, they are slower than what I expected. Still good obviously.

I think the most impressive thing about this game is the completion rate (close to 60%), the highest of any game I've seen from my trophy list (closest from what I recall were GOW, Spider-Man, Ghost and FFVIIR, all around 50%). People really stuck with the game despite it being pretty long.

Tlou 2 got much better Mc scores, win lots of award and push as much bigger release title vs GoT though.

While the continuous support for GoT helped a lot i feel, as brand new ip. It's performance is really good
It also didn’t have the same post launch support and isn’t the same genre as GoT. How many linear action shooters sell like TLOU? Uncharted and some of the RE games off the top of my head and they also require long ass tails and steep price cuts/bundles to get there. Compared to how many highly successful third person open world action adventures in the Ubi style there are.

I suspect this isn’t the last update we will get on the game, given Remake and Factions and an eventual PC release that might just become a remaster (though it does lack the content that 1 Remaster and Director’s Cut got. At the very least they won’t have any previously paid dlc to package in, it would need to be new stuff.)

I assumed the controversy was mostly just forum discourse and not something with any actual effect on the sales trajectory. I think the biggest effect was the lack of PS4 sales. TLOU1 (and most major Playstation games over the PS4 gen) were all notably bundled and since the TLOU2 launched after the pandemic started, there wasn't that many PS4s to bundle it with. The bundles created an inflated impression of what Playstation games are capable of.

Have to remember that a lot of TLOU sales come from PS4 bundles. Something like +5M sales alone would be from bundles and that's just a low ball estimate. Could easily see bundles accounting for +33% of Part 1's sales total. Then you have double dippers from PS3 -> PS4 remaster transition and you have a much lower potential max audience to sell the game to that would actively buy it, not forced to. All of that generated a massive audience for Part 2's launch and then the rest of its sales had to come from heavy discounts.

Using the UK's week to week drops for worldwide sales, -80%, -53%, -48%, you'd have Month 1 sales total at 5.4M. If worldwide held better than UK you are looking at sales closer to 6M after Month 1, which make Part 2's legs of +4M after 2 years a bit tougher to spin positively.

I'm honestly very surprised that 10 million seems like a bad result on the forum, considering that in general when talking about the game it was almost always to say that it had sold almost nothing outside the launch (or even nothing, 0 million outside of launch, literally). The game is on track to triple launch sales in a couple of years or a little more, without online, without bundles, without any post-launch support (remaster, DLC...), it is profitable from day one... and yes, the game has had offers, like 80-90% of games. They have given sales numbers several times (that usually means that they are happy with the numbers), It's not nintendo numbers, and could be better, of course, but considering that they are much higher numbers than what was being estimated on the forum in general I don't understand so much pessimism.

The only thing that matters is that Sony higher-up, who gave Naughty Dog a veiled warning about how much money they are costing him at the Sony corporate Christmas party, is happy now...

...and that Crunch/No-Crunch dude that used TLOU2 as a comparison to ACNH (and defend crunch) choke on his own tears.

Last edited:
I'm honestly very surprised that 10 million seems like a bad result on the forum, considering that in general when talking about the game it was almost always to say that it had sold almost nothing outside the launch (or even nothing, 0 million outside of launch, literally). The game is on track to triple launch sales in a couple of years or a little more, without online, without bundles, without any post-launch support (remaster, DLC...), it is profitable from day one... and yes, the game has had offers, like 80-90% of games. They have given sales numbers several times (that usually means that they are happy with the numbers), It's not nintendo numbers, and could be better, of course, but considering that they are much higher numbers than what was being estimated on the forum in general I don't understand so much pessimism.
I think most people here would've assumed it did better. When no updates were made after launch, yes people had doubts it was selling amazingly, but Sony has been weird about software updates before.

I'm honestly very surprised that 10 million seems like a bad result on the forum,
To be fair the game industry isn't very forthcoming with budgets, sales targets, etc so it makes it very hard to judge.

For example there is the infamous example of 2013 Tomb Raider (almost 10 years ago now) where that AAA game needed 6 million to meet target as a single player game!

Is it really so outlandish to suggest that a high profile AAA Naughty Dog game coming off a string of big Sony game sales (including Uncharted 4) might be striving for higher numbers?

I think most people just expected more after a really strong launch, and TLOU having a really high pedigree both sales/critically wise. So performance closer to other big PS4 hits like GoW was expected at launch

They are not bad numbers but they disappointing because it had potential to do a lot better

To be fair the game industry isn't very forthcoming with budgets, sales targets, etc so it makes it very hard to judge.

For example there is the infamous example of 2013 Tomb Raider (almost 10 years ago now) where that AAA game needed 6 million to meet target as a single player game!

Is it really so outlandish to suggest that a high profile AAA Naughty Dog game coming off a string of big Sony game sales (including Uncharted 4) might be striving for higher numbers?
We already know that the Game is profitable since launch, It's not a "tomb raider scenario". Of course It could be better, but Sony and ND seem to be Happy with the numbers, given that they are not hiding them.

I think most people just expected more after a really strong launch, and TLOU having a really high pedigree both sales/critically wise. So performance closer to other big PS4 hits like GoW was expected at launch

They are not bad numbers but they disappointing because it had potential to do a lot better
Most of people in the forum has been saying that the Game barely sold anything after launch (i mean, some people even said that the Game sold literally 0 after launch, one of the most optimistic numbers that i remember reading here was "maybe 6 million with some luck"), that's the reason i feel surprised, because 10 million is definitely much bigger than what most predictions i saw last months here, now It seems that suddenly everybody was expecting 12-15-20 million sales already

We already know that the Game is profitable since launch, It's not a "tomb raider scenario". Of course It could be better, but Sony and ND seem to be Happy with the numbers, given that they are not hiding them.
I thought we were talking about the general "forum" perspective here not necessarily what Sony or ND were expecting, which to be far we don't know either. Unless something like the Capcom leaks happen we don't really know if games hit their targets or even what those targets are.

I was explaining why the forum sentiment was that this is a seemingly disappointing amount for the reasons I mentioned.

I thought we were talking about the general "forum" perspective here not necessarily what Sony or ND were expecting, which to be far we don't know either. Unless something like the Capcom leaks happen we don't really know if games hit their targets or even what those targets are.

I was explaining why the forum sentiment was that this is a seemingly disappointing amount for the reasons I mentioned.
I try to say that 10 million is more than literally most (if not all) predictions i have been reading in the forum last months, that's the reason i feel surprised.
Of course we don't know official expectations from Sony and ND, but given that they said sales numbers and the Game is profitable since day one they are probably Happy.

I try to say that 10 million is more than literally most (if not all) predictions i have been reading in the forum last months, that's the reason i feel surprised.
I mean there wasn't a prediction thread like elden ring or horizon so I personally have not seen many of these posts but it's entirely possible that the people disappointed now are different people that had higher expectations right?

Last edited:
Of course we don't know official expectations from Sony and ND, but given that they said sales numbers and the Game is profitable since day one they are probably Happy.

I saw people predict it outselling ACNH easily in other places. I don't even think this place exist when TLOU2 predictions are a thing (which was ongoing for a long time before release)

Last edited:
It also didn’t have the same post launch support and isn’t the same genre as GoT. How many linear action shooters sell like TLOU? Uncharted and some of the RE games off the top of my head and they also require long ass tails and steep price cuts/bundles to get there. Compared to how many highly successful third person open world action adventures in the Ubi style there are.

I suspect this isn’t the last update we will get on the game, given Remake and Factions and an eventual PC release that might just become a remaster (though it does lack the content that 1 Remaster and Director’s Cut got. At the very least they won’t have any previously paid dlc to package in, it would need to be new stuff.)

The lack of Faction is big bummer there for sure. But, TLoU2 has already received steep discount even during its first year of release. Thats why i don't see it as successful as previous TLoU there. Original TLoU literally hit 20m with some remastered release. TLoU 2 release during PS4 best software selling year for its first year but after the explosive launch, the leg is just kinda meh.

I saw people predict it outselling ACNH easily in other places. I don't even think this place exist when TLOU2 predictions are a thing (which was ongoing for a long time before release)
I believe he is talking about what people were predicting it was at when we didn’t get sales updates for a while. Similar to how people like to assume FFVII remake is still stuck at 5 million or whatever and they assume a lack of updates must either mean the game stopped selling or the company is embarrassed by whatever sales it did get.

A lack of data makes it very easy to create whatever narrative you want.

The lack of Faction is big bummer there for sure. But, TLoU2 has already received steep discount even during its first year of release. Thats why i don't see it as successful as previous TLoU there. Original TLoU literally hit 20m with some remastered release. TLoU 2 release during PS4 best software selling year for its first year but after the explosive launch, the leg is just kinda meh.
Last of Us PS3 and Remaster was part of a lot of bundles. The Last of Us Part II became the third best selling published title for Sony in terms of revenue in 2 months in the US. 20 million sells is great, but I know it was attached to a lot of PS4 consoles.

I believe he is talking about what people were predicting it was at when we didn’t get sales updates for a while. Similar to how people like to assume FFVII remake is still stuck at 5 million or whatever and they assume a lack of updates must either mean the game stopped selling or the company is embarrassed by whatever sales it did get.

OK. But did it beat Luigi's Mansion? That was the ridiculous comparison I heard for that time period.

I mean there wasn't a prediction thread like elden ring or horizon so I personally have not seen many of these posts but it's entirely possible that the people disappointed now are different people that had higher expectations right?
Yes, of course It's possible, i am just talking about overall impression from what i remember reading in general last months.
About the numbers, to be honest 10 million is more or less what i was expecting, i was thinking something between 10-12 million so the real numbers seem good to me.

I Guess you are talking about resetera, i remember reading some predictions like that there, yes.
To be honest in general i don't expect most games from Sony or another company outselling Nintendo games.

Yes, i am talking about this, opinions in the recent past (this year, or last year for example) in this forum, to be honest i am not sure that this forum was even open before tlou 2 or ACNH launch, as far as i remember It didn't existe yet and i suppose that most people were at resetera still.
Last of Us PS3 and Remaster was part of a lot of bundles. The Last of Us Part II became the third best selling published title for Sony in terms of revenue in 2 months in the US. 20 million sells is great, but I know it was attached to a lot of PS4 consoles.
Well yeah, and the 20 million numbers for the first one was said in late 2019 or so (6+ years since launch), so i don't understand trying to compare this numbers with tlou 2 numbers (less than 2 years) either

Since the leaks were all over the place in the lead up to launch, I would have expected the impact of the controversial story to affect more launch than legs.

My take on the topic is a bit different. TLOU2 is called "Part 2" and as such, is aiming at the people that already played TLOU1. That audience is more limited than for other games, therefore, after launch, there was not a big audience to talk to.

Hence the legs.
"Everywhere" is a stretch. We all live in an internet bubble by posting on these forums, most people won't have seen the leaks.

And if anything I think people knowing there's leaks leads to a bigger launch so they can finish it as early as possible for the best chance to avoid spoilers. Enthusiasts were always going to buy it, they were just pushed earlier.

Then the toxicity mostly effects people who might have been on the fence, weren't too bothered about a part 2 after playing a part 1 etc. . People who wouldn't have bought week one anyway. The sales from these people were likely depressed.

So the leaks and surrounding toxicity probably lead to a bigger launch and worse legs amongst people who had heard of them imo.

I do agree about the second part though, it's easy to forget that a lot of people who played TLOU1 thought "meh" and wouldn't be interested in a sequel (especially those who got it through bundles and not by choice). Then the naming of part 2 and direct follow on scares off newcomers. That naturally shrinks the sequel's potential and leads to more front loading. This may well be the bigger effect. If there was no toxicity and only glowing impressions then this may have been counteracted.

Have to remember that a lot of TLOU sales come from PS4 bundles. Something like +5M sales alone would be from bundles and that's just a low ball estimate. Could easily see bundles accounting for +33% of Part 1's sales total. Then you have double dippers from PS3 -> PS4 remaster transition and you have a much lower potential max audience to sell the game to that would actively buy it, not forced to. All of that generated a massive audience for Part 2's launch and then the rest of its sales had to come from heavy discounts.

Using the UK's week to week drops for worldwide sales, -80%, -53%, -48%, you'd have Month 1 sales total at 5.4M. If worldwide held better than UK you are looking at sales closer to 6M after Month 1, which make Part 2's legs of +4M after 2 years a bit tougher to spin positively.

Just chiming in to say that I appreciate your analysis! :)

But yeah to add on to what I said before ITT, I think if you're still sceptical that the negative/controversial/divisive reception was responsible for what Welfare lays out above here the only other explanation I could provide is that TLOU as a franchise just isn't as mainstream as some people thought/think. It isn't hard to find predictions of 20 million sales being the achievable floor for TLOU2 on Era back in 2020 and that was only solidified/bolstered by the record breaking launch.

Of course we'll have plenty of tests for the popularity of the series to come in the coming years as it looks like being one of the most important for Sony. A £70 TLOU remake will be interesting in September for a start.

"Everywhere" is a stretch. We all live in an internet bubble by posting on these forums, most people won't have seen the leaks.

And if anything I think people knowing there's leaks leads to a bigger launch so they can finish it as early as possible for the best chance to avoid spoilers. Enthusiasts were always going to buy it, they were just pushed earlier.

Then the toxicity mostly effects people who might have been on the fence, weren't too bothered about a part 2 after playing a part 1 etc. . People who wouldn't have bought week one anyway. The sales from these people were likely depressed.

So the leaks and surrounding toxicity probably lead to a bigger launch and worse legs amongst people who had heard of them imo.

I do agree about the second part though, it's easy to forget that a lot of people who played TLOU1 thought "meh" and wouldn't be interested in a sequel (especially those who got it through bundles and not by choice). Then the naming of part 2 and direct follow on scares off newcomers. That naturally shrinks the sequel's potential and leads to more front loading. This may well be the bigger effect. If there was no toxicity and only glowing impressions then this may have been counteracted.
Honestly, I think that is also being underestimated the amount of double dippers the first game had with the remaster, I see that people here think that this portion of sales is a negligible amount, by the experience that I have a lot of friends, acquaintances, and friends of friends bought the remaster at a discount to continue playing online, in forums the memory I have is that I also used to read a lot of double dippers, even I'm not a player hardcore online I I went back to buy very cheap price and return to play more time online. Obviously I'm not saying that double purchases are the majority of sales of the remaster, but I do have the feeling that it's a rather larger amount than people think.
And even if we consider that the first one had literally 0 double dipping, with this image from 2019 we know that something like ¿8 million? sales came from the ps3 version , let´s say 8M ps3 in 6 years more or less, 12M the remaster in 5 years, and tlou part II 10M in 2 years, obviously all figures are rounded numbers, but it seems to me that the sales pace of part II is faster than that of the original and the remaster, considering that the sequel had no bundles, no online and no expansion i think it is a great performance
3bbc7ed5e5e8a609dcd98a66a6a0124520190521061913.png

The good thing is, we can watch the PC performance of TLOU remake in real time thanks to Steamdb.
I assume it's going to be on EGS, too?

Every Sony Exclusive ended up on Both Steam and EGS ( with the exception of Horizon which ended up on Steam/EGS/GOG ) , so yea it will be on EGS too most probably

I haven't played Miles Morales, but I thought the gameplay was the same as the other Spider-Man game. Shouldn't 1&3 really just be the same big franchise?

Same IP, different team and sub series. It allows Sony to release 3 Spiderman games in 5 years, so I think its worth differentiating.

TLOU doesn't need a come back. TLOU II is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time, one of the biggest GOTY winners and loved by millions of fans. People may be upset from narrative choices, but the IP doesn't really need to do anything about that.

2nd biggest opening of all time for Sony, still on track for 15M-20M sales, profitable from day 1 with an enormous budget, huge MP following, HBO series, huge fan following....anyone who thinks TLOU II is anything but a huge success is kidding themselves.

It had potential to do a lot better (above GoW and closer to Spiderman), nevertheless its still a major success.

Pretty good numbers, should reach 15-20M LTD depending on when TLOU III launches. Might be far, since everyone seems to have underestimated how big Factions is going to be as a standalone. Or if Factions has a huge singleplayer, it could replace TLOU II.

In terms of franchise strength for Sony:
  1. Spiderman
  2. GoW
  3. Spiderman spinoff
  4. Uncharted
  5. TLOU
  6. Ghost
  7. Horizon
  8. GT
I'd say TLOU still has the potential to become number 2. The leak of the game a month before release had serious effects.
Curious where Wolverine will fall? I think that game has a lot of potential depending on how it's handled.

I also wonder if MLB might join the 10m club with it's move multiplatform? Maybe if they did a more targeted NPB localization in the future too?

Same IP, different team and sub series. It allows Sony to release 3 Spiderman games in 5 years, so I think its worth differentiating.

TLOU doesn't need a come back. TLOU II is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time, one of the biggest GOTY winners and loved by millions of fans. People may be upset from narrative choices, but the IP doesn't really need to do anything about that.

2nd biggest opening of all time for Sony, still on track for 15M-20M sales, profitable from day 1 with an enormous budget, huge MP following, HBO series, huge fan following....anyone who thinks TLOU II is anything but a huge success is kidding themselves.

It had potential to do a lot better (above GoW and closer to Spiderman), nevertheless its still a major success.
Miles Morales still has the same core gameplay and he's going to be a playable character in the sequel. It's just an expanded expansion for a console launch. It's not much different than what happened with Uncharted Lost Legacy for instance. They aren't going to be making more Spider spinoffs like this either. Wolverine might fit your Spider spinoff spot better

As for the sales potential of TLOU2, you are really not looking at the sales curve correctly. Like there's a possibility of 15 million but that requires a PS5 rerelease with new content. Without bundles, sales trajectory tends to go down with more time. A typical game sells about 1.5 its first week sales in around a month so, we should expect that it sold around 6 million by July 2020. That means it sold around 4 million in about 20 months. Even assuming, it's perfectly maintaining consistent sales, that's going to be another 2 years before it reaches 15 million. It likely isn't performing that well so I'd assume maybe 50k a month average on the optimistic end with a small boost from the HBO show (that show will most likely mainly benefit the remake instead)

Curious where Wolverine will fall? I think that game has a lot of potential depending on how it's handled.

I also wonder if MLB might join the 10m club with it's move multiplatform? Maybe if they did a more targeted NPB localization in the future too?

I would ballpark something like 15M for Wolverine, so number 5. Its funny because I think either direction of a narrative driven action game like GoW or a open world superhero game like Spiderman shows big potential. It would be really hard for them to mess it up.

I don't think MLB is that big of a seller. Its mostly in NA, and its a yearly release so legs aren't going to be for long. I would imagine its like 3-5M before it went multiplat. It makes a lot in DLC/MTX.

Miles Morales still has the same core gameplay and he's going to be a playable character in the sequel. It's just an expanded expansion for a console launch. It's not much different than what happened with Uncharted Lost Legacy for instance. They aren't going to be making more Spider spinoffs like this either. Wolverine might fit your Spider spinoff spot better

If you think they aren't going to be making more Miles Morales games you haven't been paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom