• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Switch 2/Pro/Deluxe reveal-to-release speculation.

What scenario do you think they’ll do?

• Total voters
Maybe if it said "this Winter" but it says "Winter 2023" which means the 2023 calendar year.

Again, this has not always been the case
Many times Nintendo games for Winter have been intended for Jan/Mar of the year after (and it is not that far fetched: Winter season starts on December 21st and end in March 21st)

This has been true for many years for Nintendo products

Either way I'm skeptical of that 4Chan leak. My guess is the leaker is some marketing-related person who saw the trailer beforehand, and subsequently decided to troll people by accurately leaking details of that trailer with fake nonsense about being an outsourcing dev working with new Switch hardware.

Many times Nintendo games for Winter have been intended for Jan/Mar of the year after (and it is not that far fetched: Winter season starts on December 21st and end in March 21st)

Do you have any examples of this?

In Japan and other Asian countries, they consider the 1st of the month to be the start of the season. Winter starts on December 1. Most of the time, I'm pretty sure they say Early instead of Winter

I want Switch this holiday but I suspect Spring 2024 is the safer bet. I am hoping Nintendo surprises me and launches Switch 2 this November.

I wouldn't even call the Jeff Grubb stuff "rumors". that said, just by virtue of bringing it up, people think it has credibility even though Grubb isn't so certain on it himself

Do you have any examples of this?

Sorry about this, it is difficult to find actual example if you look for "announced release windows"
But if you look at Tear s of the Kingdom, it has been defined as "Spring 2023", with a May release
Spring for Nintendo is very often from April to May

it's not a firm rule, but they often play around with this kind of calendar

Winter: Jan-Mar
Spring: Apr-Jun
Summer: Jul-Sep
Fall: Oct-Dec

It's always nice when discussion returns to Switch 2, but what Jeff Grubb says today isn't really anything special, is it. Many of use have been speculating the same. One of the many speculations will turn out to be true. Could it be this one? Sure.

It's always nice when discussion returns to Switch 2, but what Jeff Grubb says today isn't really anything special, is it. Many of use have been speculating the same. One of the many speculations will turn out to be true. Could it be this one? Sure.

Well, not may were expecting a Switch Pro in early '24, weren't we!?

Rrgarding release windows, Pokemon Legends Arceus was announced in the Feb 2021 Pokemon Presents with an "early 2022" release window, not "winter 2021". It ended up launching in Jan 2022.

If Pokemon Scarlet/Violet's DLC Part 2 was scheduled for an early 2024 launch, then I'm sure The Pokemon Company/Nintendo would have just said "early 2024". Of course DLC2 could end up releasing in early 2024 anyways, but then that would be considered a (small) delay.

Personnally I've been certain a new switch would release in March or April of the year after since 2019 👍

I' m confident I'll eventually be right.
A.D. 2107:

its-been84years-titanic.gif

Sorry about this, it is difficult to find actual example if you look for "announced release windows"
But if you look at Tear s of the Kingdom, it has been defined as "Spring 2023", with a May release
Spring for Nintendo is very often from April to May

it's not a firm rule, but they often play around with this kind of calendar

Winter: Jan-Mar
Spring: Apr-Jun
Summer: Jul-Sep
Fall: Oct-Dec
As awng782 said my issue isn't with the season but with the year. Seems odd to put the numbers "2023" in your release date if you're planning on 2024.

Having said that, the source of the rumour just said the DLC is planned for early 2024, so maybe you're right all along!

As awng782 said my issue isn't with the season but with the year. Seems odd to put the numbers "2023" in your release date if you're planning on 2024.

Having said that, the source of the rumour just said the DLC is planned for early 2024, so maybe you're right all along!
The placeholder date on the eshop is April 30th 2024, so it's most likely early 2024.

I believe the Pokemon leak tbh. It could be someone who saw the presentation and is trolling, but I have a good feeling. Early 2024 was always my prediction. Switch is selling too good for a 2023 release.

Honestly I agree, all signs point to ~March 2024 now.

Zelda in a couple of months makes no sense otherwise.

The leak only mentions that when the DLC2 releases, the Switch 2 will be out.

I think we can conclude from this that the Switch 2 will launch :

- strictly after the DLC1, otherwise the graphical patch would come with DLC1 (Fall 23)
- before the DLC2 since a graphical patch releases alongside the DLC2. (Winter 23)

Which would translater to either the Holiday season or Early 2024.

At this point I also think that this winter/next spring becomes the most plausible option.
I thought that Nintendo wanted to release the new Switch along with the new Zelda, but they would have announced it already if that was the case.

Regards!

The leak only mentions that when the DLC2 releases, the Switch 2 will be out.

I think we can conclude from this that the Switch 2 will launch :

- strictly after the DLC1, otherwise the graphical patch would come with DLC1 (Fall 23)
- before the DLC2 since a graphical patch releases alongside the DLC2. (Winter 23)

Which would translater to either the Holiday season or Early 2024.

Good analysis
I'd say that

- In May we will get their Hardwre forecast for the new FY
- The new FY starts on April 1st '22 and ends in March 30 '24
- If they are planning to launch for Xmas23, their hw forecast will be significantly high (with that I mean slighlty below this FY target)
- If they are planning to launch in early '24 (like March '24 right before the FY closure) I think that the hw forecast won't be that high (compared to this FY ending within few weeks)

Good analysis
I'd say that

- If they are planning to launch for Xmas23, their hw forecast will be significantly high (with that I mean slighlty below this FY target)
- If they are planning to launch in early '24 (like March '24 right before the FY closure) I think that the hw forecast won't be that high (compared to this FY ending within few weeks)
I don't believe they'll hint at anything with their forecasts, just alter it after announcing the system

I don't believe they'll hint at anything with their forecasts, just alter it after announcing the system

Not sure about that
they could totally NOT include the new unannounced hardware in their forecast, but at that point we could desume it by a lower-or-higher Switch hardware forecast (basically inverting my previous statement, in this case)

Good analysis
I'd say that

Nintendo won't include an unannounced product in their guidance. They will update guidance when they announce the product.

I believe that's how they did it for Switch? NX was announced at that point though.
It was announced at the end of the prior fiscal year that it would release within the following fiscal year (meaning before March 31), as a means to justify their bullish hardware forecast; however, given that it wasn't THAT much of a jump, most people kinda figured out it would not be until November/December at the earliest. Prior to then, no release window was confirmed and barely anything was confirmed about it (though there was a TON of speculation, some of which ended up correct).

If the system is this holiday, I'd expect to hear more organic rumblings/whispers very soon as GDC is coming up. Last year's was very quiet and that was overlooked due to the large amount of info in the Nvidia data breach.

In previous recent transitions(DS to 3DS, Wii to WiiU, and WiiU/3DS to Switch) they noted the upcoming hardware in their FY briefing and documents, and it's impact on their financials/forecasts, but not separately forecasting units for it. So I'd assume we'll see something similar here if it's releasing in the upcoming FY. It should likely be at least noted that new hardware is expected to release in the FY.

In previous recent transitions(DS to 3DS, Wii to WiiU, and WiiU/3DS to Switch) they noted the upcoming hardware in their FY briefing and documents, and it's impact on their financials/forecasts, but not separately forecasting units for it. So I'd assume we'll see something similar here if it's releasing in the upcoming FY. It should likely be at least noted that new hardware is expected to release in the FY.

Yes, but was the hardware announced going into the briefings? The hardware hasn't been announced.

We just got more information about Nintendo not releasing hardware for the rest of this fiscal year (through March 2024).

Should we have another poll for when Nintendo will release new hardware?

We just got more information about Nintendo not releasing hardware for the rest of this fiscal year (through March 2024).

Should we have another poll for when Nintendo will release new hardware?
Already available ;)

Back
Top Bottom