• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Suika Game (Watermelon Game) sells 1.42 Million [UPDATE7: 8.9M WW]

This game is such a surprise succes, wonderful to see something like this still happens. I expect quite a few clones announced in the coming months.

They're already out there. Not on Switch, but Steam already has a few of them.

at this rate it will clear 7-8m by end of this year, 10m, 20m+ is only a matter of time

most sales are still japan so far, it has only started to take off WW so expect sales to pick up pace significantly

5th update perfectly timed for the 5m milestone 😉
Sales topped 5M on December 14th.

I feel a little bad for only downloading a free knock off from the Google Play store, lol. But also I didn't see Suika Game on there. I saw Watermelon Game, but I dunno if that's the real one or another knock off.

On one hand, it's impressive, on the other it costs like 4 bucks.
4 bucks * 5 million is a lot of bucks.
It's 3€/$.
I feel a little bad for only downloading a free knock off from the Google Play store, lol. But also I didn't see Suika Game on there. I saw Watermelon Game, but I dunno if that's the real one or another knock off.
The game is only on Switch and their own TV projectors where it's preinstalled.

If we're being semantic about the price, 240 yen (since the vast majority of its sales are in Japan) currently converts to $1.69.

Probably should be in this thread as well - crossposting @Lite_Agent's post from the Media Create Thread https://www.installbaseforum.com/th...es-week-1-2024-jan-01-jan-07.2299/post-222427
Lite_Agent said:

Suika Game update:

1) Switch: 5.9 million downloads worldwide
2) iOS: 750 000 downloads worldwide
3) Total: over 6 million downloads (technically 6.650.000, but the article specifically mentions "over 6m" for some reason)

And here is an updated version of my graph showing the sales trend:
image.png

And, given the current buzz around another indie game that sprung out of nowhere to massive success and has a dev that is good at reporting sales milestones, here's a funny comparison between Suika Game and Palworld:
image.png

Been a while since the last update. Looks like it's over 8m downloads now

To bad they now only reported combined numbers and not separate like last time. The DLC must have given it a big push.

Another update to the Suika graph (hopefully this one doesn't break and disappear like the last one did...):
KbGW9vZ.png

To bad they now only reported combined numbers and not separate like last time. The DLC must have given it a big push.

We're in luck, 4Gamer has a breakdown. 7m on Switch, 1.3m on iOS.

Switch legs is really good.O_O Guess that multiplayer DLC helps the game gain more life.

Nvm, misread the date in the PR.

Still, it's weird how they always wait before giving breakdown when a new milestone is reached.

Switch legs is really good.O_O Guess that multiplayer DLC helps the game gain more life.
Real boost will come when online is added. This could potentially be huge, especially if Vtubers do collab. streams and play online together.

Last edited:
8.9 million sold New
It's now available on Android and it has surpassed 8.9 million units sold.

This time it's Bahamut with the breakdown: 7.4M for Switch, and 1.5M for iOS.

Back
Top Bottom