• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Steam's Weekly Global Top 10 Sellers, by revenue, for the week ending Oct, 10th, 2021. #1. New World #2. Battlefield 2042 P.O #3. Battlefield 2042 P.O

AshenOne

Student
Pronouns
He/Him/His
List Publishing Date: Sun, October 10th, 2021:
  1. New World - New World maintains its 1st place ranking from last week's Global Top 10 sellers list! It reached a new CCU all-time peak of an incredible 913,634 users last week making it the 5th most concurrently played game on STEAM of all-time!

2. Battlefield 2042(Pre-order) - Battlefield 2042 Jumps upto 2nd place from 10th place from last week thanks to Open Beta as it initially required users to pre-order for early access! The open beta reached a concurrent user peak of 156,665 on STEAM

3. Battlefield 2042(Pre-order) - Here we have another edition of BF2042 pre-order charting and at 3rd place.

4. Battlefield 2042(Pre-order) - Since BF2042 has 3 editions up for pre-order(standard, Gold & Ultimate), it seems like all 3 editions charted this week, this one charting at 4th place. Also its unknown which one is which due to Valve not providing enough information.

5. Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl(Pre-order) - The cartoon brawler charts at 5th place as a new entry in this week's rankings!

6. New World - Another edition of New World charts in this week's rankings but unknown which one is standard and which one is deluxe edition. Either way New world seems to be selling incredibly well!

7. Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Riptide - Drops from 4th down to 7th place from last week.

8. FIFA 22 - Falls one place to 8th from 7th from last week.

9. Battlefield V - Thanks to a 90% off discount, BFV returns to the weekly rankings at 9th place.

10. Back 4 Blood(Pre-Order) - Last but not the last BFB also returns to the weekly global top 10 rankings with it only being a couple of days from release!
In comparison to this, here's last week(October 3rd)'s List:

Pretty good for Nick. And solid reviews and players for what it is.

By the by, I wish steam combined the skus, would give a broader picture of the weekly sellers. But I guess that's not their prerogative.

Monthly chart is something I prefer.

Steam weekly charts need to to factors in no of releases that week , price of game, no of weeks charted to get a better sense

Monthly chart is something I prefer.

Steam weekly charts need to to factors in no of releases that week , price of game, no of weeks charted to get a better sense
Sadly the STEAM monthly chart is randomly sorted and w.r.t the weekly charts, Valve itself doesn't provide a lot of information with them outside of the usual.

New World's performance really intrigues me. Do we know why this game managed to gain traction when nothing Amazon had done before did? Either way, I am glad at the win for them, and I hope the steady revenue from a successful product means they actually address their internal work culture now.

With the current state of World of Warcraft, there's been a vacuum with many players and streamers are looking for a new game. New World stands out since it has more of a PvP and sim focus.

New World still dominating (thnx Blizz i guess lol), not bad for the Nickelodeon smash game.

New World's performance really intrigues me. Do we know why this game managed to gain traction when nothing Amazon had done before did? Either way, I am glad at the win for them, and I hope the steady revenue from a successful product means they actually address their internal work culture now.
The game spent a lot of time in beta phase. So probably a lot of player feedback and trial&error from devs to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom