• New Year, Betting, and Tickets

We have some new updates to share! Check out the thread here!

Spain Sales: Weeks 22 & 23, 2022 (May 30 - Jun 12)

acezam

Spain - Week 22, 2022 - Retail - Vandal

Next Monday

Thanks to @CaVaYeRo

Spain - Week 23, 2022 - Retail - Gamereactor
  1. Mario Strikers: Battle League Football para Switch: 19.000 / New
  2. Nintendo Switch Sports para Switch: 4.000 / ~65.000
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe para Switch:
  4. Leyendas Pokémon: Arceus para Switch: ¿? / 235.000
  5. Kirby y la Tierra Olvidada para Switch
  6. The Last of Us: Parte II para PS4
  7. Far Cry 6 para PS4
  8. Minecraft para Switch
  9. The Quarry para PS5: 1.000 / New
  10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons para Switch

Hardware:

Switch: 5.000 / 168.000 YTD
PS5: >1.000 / ~55.000 YTD
XBS: ~1.000 / ~33.000 YTD

Spain Sales: Week 21, 2022 (May 23 - May 29)

Spain Sales: 2021 Hardware & Software

Spain Sales: Archive Thread

The PAL Charts aggregator thread for Week 22, 2022 |

Last edited:
Is gonna do great in general.
Don't know why people act like if is gonna bomb.
I’m not going to say that yet, but it’s quite something seeing so many around the net eager to declare it a flop so quickly lol. Anyway, that’s a good debut, and that’s without digital being included. Let’s see what France has in store for us.

Arynio

Hatcher
Great debut for Mario Strikers after the disappointing launch in the UK and Japan. Hopefully Nintendo has planned a strong post-release support and promotion during the World Cup.

According to Sony, PS4 reached 700K sold in Spain by mid-June 2015.

PS5 has sold ~420K, which is 40% below its predecessor launch aligned.
Spain keeps being one of the most neglected markets for PS5 shipments when compared to the PS4 situation.

I guess that's one of the reasons why the Switch is overperforming here this year relative to other countries.

Mario Golf Super Rush (2021) : 4 300 units
Mario Tennis Aces (2018) : 15 000 units

So it opened like the two precedent Sports games combined.

Aostia82

Not bad
And keep in mind that dogital surely is stronger than in 2018 (Tennis launch), even if I dont know Spanish digital adoption

Bruno MB

Harada wins
Archivist
I don't have the first week sales of Mario Strikers Charged Football to compare but I have the lifetime sales.

MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED FOOTBALL NINTENDO WII 25/05/2007 - 62.000
MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED FOOTBALL NINTENDO SELECTS NINTENDO WII 20/05/2011 - 30.000

TOTAL - 92.000

Blue Monty

Pronouns
he/him
Not bad
And keep in mind that dogital surely is stronger than in 2018 (Tennis launch), even if I dont know Spanish digital adoption
Tennis was pre-vouchers so there is a high chance that is the situation even with no increase in general digital adaption. (Vouchers are not that big of a deal compared to Japan in Europe but still matter)

CaVaYeRo

Pronouns
He/him
In terms of week 22 I added an update. It was a very similar story coming from previous 3-4 weeks with NSS dominating and not much more to write home about tbh. I was impressed by S21’s Eastward debut though.

Without digital I can’t say if Mario Strikers debut was mediocre anywhere. It seems to be doing well in France so far too. If it can hit 3M WW I would consider it a success. 2.5M WW would be decent. Anything lower would be flop territory for me lol.

Tbone5189

Without digital I can’t say if Mario Strikers debut was mediocre anywhere. It seems to be doing well in France so far too. If it can hit 3M WW I would consider it a success. 2.5M WW would be decent. Anything lower would be flop territory for me lol.

Is that fair to say flop territory though? Isn’t 2mil good for it? I’m gonna take a look at previous titles to check

Blue Monty

Pronouns
he/him
Anything less than 2.6M (Wii entry) should be considered a flop. I think it needs to be 3M LTD at least to be considered acceptable sales performance from a Strikers game

Is that fair to say flop territory though? Isn’t 2mil good for it? I’m gonna take a look at previous titles to check
Anything less than 2.6M (Wii entry) should be considered a flop. I think it needs to be 3M LTD at least to be considered acceptable sales performance from a Strikers game
When I say flop territory I’m saying in the vicinity of or getting close to. As long as Nintendo makes a profit it’s not technically a flop, but if it sells less than 2M even after the ongoing free updates, then that means wom wasn’t good (imo).

Edit: I would love to see the previous entries in the series numbers.

Tbone5189

When I say flop territory I’m saying in the vicinity of or getting close to. As long as Nintendo makes a profit it’s not technically a flop, but if it sells less than 2M even after the ongoing free updates, then that means wom wasn’t good (imo).

Edit: I would love to see the previous entries in the series numbers.

I get what you mean. I personally don’t like the term flop and bomba cuz u feel like it’s used to loosely. Hell in the MC thread I seen a few post stating that exactly. We don’t what ninitendi expect ions are?

Anyways I found this

Mario Strikers

1.60mil (GCN)
2.60mil (Wii) includes Nintendo Selects I believe

Thank you for the numbers!
I hope it can at least reach around those Wii numbers. That would be a decent result. Let’s go!

PillFencer

Meat is murder
Pronouns
they/them
Just quoting myself from another thread:

"The best-selling Mario Sport game before the Switch was Mario Strikers Wii (2.60m). Mario Strikers GC also sold more than Tennis and Golf on the same platform (1.60m vs 1.16m and 1.27m respectively).

[2m is] Not a number that's likely to make Nintendo eager to keep the series alive, especially coming from the developers of Luigi's Mansion (and giving it to Camelot wouldn't work either, they too have their hands full on games that easily sell more than 2m).

A Switch title failing to outsell the previous entries that didn't even have a high ceiling in the first place would also be far from a good look."

Worth keeping in mind that at minimum Aces is going for 4.5m and Super Rush for 3m. Football isn't supposed to lose to Tennis or Golf and especially not by that much.

Last edited:

Tbone5189

Just quoting myself from another thread:

"The best-selling Mario Sport game before the Switch was Mario Strikers Wii (2.60m). Mario Strikers GC also sold more than Tennis and Golf on the same platform (1.60m vs 1.16m and 1.27m respectively).

[2m is] Not a number that's likely to make Nintendo eager to keep the series alive, especially coming from the developers of Luigi's Mansion (and giving it to Camelot wouldn't work either, they too have their hands full on games that easily sell more than 2m).

A Switch title failing to outsell the previous entries that didn't even have a high ceiling in the first place would also be far from a good look."

Worth keeping in mind that at minimum Aces is going for 4.5m and Super Rush for 3m. Football isn't supposed to lose to Tennis or Golf and especially not by that much.

Puts things in better perspective I supppose. I don’t think the game has to sell 5mil or more but I’m gonna guess Nintendo wants at least 3mil going by that info (all guess work of course)

HK-47

The question isn’t if it is going to be profitable. It is if it will do as well as a Mario Football game on Switch should do.

Frankenstein

Pronouns
He/Him
But how "well" is it supposed to be? Because if a game needed a price cut to get to 2.6m then I'm not super certain if the series was truly as popular as Internet people said it was. Specially when it's Wii based competition was a re-release of the Tennis game and Golf was a no-show.

Fiendslayer

Banned
Perma-ban : Multiple infractions, reports and no signs of an improved behavior
I see we are back to the same arguments for "ARMS bombed because it didn't sell as well as Mario Kart, since it's made by the 'Mario Kart Team'".

What is this talk about how a game "should" sell, as if there is a natural order to such things? Identical Games can fail to catch on as widely solely due to be different environment it is released in.

Conversely, if it does turns out that we are seeing decreasing sales of Mario Sports titles in sequence (Tennis > Golf > Soccer), it can equally be argued that the issues plaguing all 3 games (lack of compelling single player, meh net code, lacking and rolling content) resulted in decreasing sales from consumers that are no longer hoodwinked by marketing (lots of folks actually believed Aces wouldn't be like the other lacking Mario Tennis games, this is less and less as we move to Golf and Strikers) and can see what the Mario Sports on Switch games series are or are not offering.

You know what game isn't gonna reach Wii level sales? Switch Sports (vs Wii Sports). People are gonna say "but teh bundlez". Well, even if you half or third it, Switch Sports is not gonna ever reach the same numbers. I don't see the same rhetoric being carted out for that game though.

The only measure of success if is Nintendo ever attempts another one, which we might wait a long time before we know it.

If Nintendo only cared about making high selling games, and not game diversity needed for a platform, then you will see a lot more Marios and Zeldas (with the resources for other types of games channeled to them), than Ninty wasting resources with things like Mario Sports or Metroid or FE (what is a mere 3-4 million sales vs 10 million baselines) etc.

Last edited:

HK-47

Bringing up Switch Sports like that is nonsense. Yes, bundles matter a ton. So does being the face games of an extremely popular system and the novel control scheme that made it light up the public’s imagination in the first place. It is not at all like comparing the expectations of Mario Sports games.

The questions around Battle League matching up to Charged or Aces are imminently more reasonable than Switch Sports not matching Resort or the original.

I also don’t think the arguments being bandied about are really the ARMS argument.

Bruno MB

Harada wins
Archivist
Sales rank (cumulative) of Mario Sport titles from 2007 onward in Spain:

01. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii, NDS)
02. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii, NDS)
03. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii, 3DS)
04. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch)
05. Mario Strikers Charged Football (Wii)
06. Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)
07. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Wii U, 3DS)
08. Mario Tennis Open (3DS)
09. Mario Slam Basketball (NDS)
10. New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (Wii)
11. Mario Sports Mix (Wii)
12. Mario Strikers: Battle League Football (Switch)
13. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Wii U)
14. Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch)
15. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (Wii U)
16. Mario Sports Superstars (3DS)
17. Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)

CaVaYeRo

Pronouns
He/him
Let’s also keep in mind that the ongoing promo for the game will be a first including online stuff (first season hasn’t even started) and the push that new characters mean. Yeah they were on the Switch Camelot games but the NLG treatment makes seeing their debut much more interesting imo.

Top Bottom