• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Sony: The agreement to acquire Bungie has closed. So now we can officially say… welcome to the PlayStation family, Bungie!

Himura Kenshin

Enthusiast

Jim Ryan has stated on numerous occasions the company was not done with acquisitions. Perhaps this opens the door for more, or perhaps they take a wait-and-see approach as to how this investment turns out.

That was fast.
So for the following quarter that will be reported in October, we'll see how Sony will incorporate them.

Way sooner than expected is good news. Means Sony can go acquiring on a quicker pace.

Sony should heavily invest in Bungie. They have the talent to become the something like Blizzard/Riot.

I'm just going to take this opportunity to register the deep, foreboding discomfort I feel about this whole trend of corporate acquisitions

This deal made a whole lot of sense. I'm not big on early Halo or Destiny but there's no question that Bungie is incredibly good at crafting popular multi-player shooters, and that's something that Sony doesn't have now since Killzone and Resistance are apparently dormant.

Didn´t Sony expect the adquisition to close in the Q4?

I guess the fact that it closed so fast means that the negociations with FTC went really smooth.

Didn´t Sony expect the adquisition to close in the Q4?

I guess the fact that it closed so fast means that the negociations with FTC went really smooth.

Yeah, I think the probe was into gaming exclusivity so when Bungie and Sony came right out and said everything is staying Multiplatform there wasn’t much left to investigate.

Back
Top Bottom