• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Sony State of Play Jan. 31 (2 p.m. PT 5 p.m. ET 23:00 CET) 40 minutes; 15+ games from developers from around the world

Oh great, I think I lost credits. xDD

State of Play was longer than 42 minutes, we got a game dated for H1 2024, but nope, no FF7 demo, that's probably for the FF7 Rebirth focused SoP next week.

Kojima returns to action-espionage. My body is ready.

Stellar Blade looks fantastic. Can't wait.

Rise of the Ronin moved right next to Dragon's Dogma for me. It's best showing by far. Really hate that they're releasing on the same day because even now I can't decide what I want to jump into first.

Death Stranding 2? What can I say, Kojima going full Kojima. Was hoping I would see a 2024 release date, but alas, next year will have to do.

I still can't wrap my head around Levine leaving Irrational Games only to spend 10 years making what's basically yet another Bioshock game.

Dragon's Dogma 2 has class swapping, magnificent, going to be a lot of ways to utilize that.
The wizards on twitter are going to wild with the combos.

Game's performance is tanking though, almost certainly CPU bottleneck on consoles.

Very good showing overall, but as I said earlier in the thread there's too many known stuff and most didn't even get dates.
Death Stranding 2 was definitely the highlight for me - the in your face wackiness was not really to my liking but the scale looks astounding

Also surprised that we didn't get details on Concord, after the billbil hint I expected to see it here, but I guess it will get its own showcase?

DS2 look insane, best in game graphics of the gen so far. Looks like next gen start in 2025 with DS2 and GTA6. Nothing else come close.

Caught up. Seems like a fine show but I feel like a lot of it is 2025 or just outright date-less.

DD2 looks great though, hopefully they can pull in performance.

Helldivers 2 Feb 8th 2024
Stellar Blade April 26th 2024
Sonic x Shadows Generations Autumn 2024
Zenless Zone Zero No release date
Foamstars February 6th 2024
Dave the Diver April 2024 / Dave the Diver DLC May 2024
V Rising 2024
Silent Hill The Short Message Today
Silent Hill 2 No release date
Judas No Release Date
Metro Awakening VR 2024
Legendary Tales VR Feb 8 2024
Dragons Dogma 2 March 22 2024
Rise of the Ronin March 22 2024
Until Dawn Port 2024
Death Stranding 2 2025
Dedicated FF7R2 State of Play Feb 6th 2024.

Caught up. Seems like a fine show but I feel like a lot of it is 2025 or just outright date-less.

DD2 looks great though, hopefully they can pull in performance.
You're not wrong. The only games that have solid release dates for 2024 are releasing in the first 4 months of 2024. Stellar Blade, Dragons Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin (Both releasing on the same day, no less), FF7R2.

Great SoP, much better than their last few. I liked pretty much every game there, though the highlights were Rise of the Ronin, Dragon's Dogma 2, and Death Stranding 2.

Lots of fun games, disappointed in DS2 being 2025. I wonder what the big fall PS5 game is?

Rise of the Ronin looks fun. I loved GoT, so excited to dig into another open world Samurai game. NiOH and Ninja Gaiden were both excellent games.

Lots of fun games, disappointed in DS2 being 2025. I wonder what the big fall PS5 game is?

Rise of the Ronin looks fun. I loved GoT, so excited to dig into another open world Samurai game. NiOH and Ninja Gaiden were both excellent games.

Concord maybe

Rise of the Ronin and DD2 for me, my 2 most awaited games right now. Also, interesed in Judas.

The new Bioshock being about cancel culture is so fucking funny, holy shit, lmao.

Ken really spent 11 years getting mad at people calling him racist for how racist Bioshock Infinite is.

DS2 being 2025 title mean Sony pretty much have nothing for 2nd half of 2024. Maybe that Concord GAAS game.

I would guess it's God of Boy to headline Fall 2024 (though a half sequel being the main game is not great, but whatever)

Last edited:
Sony's current 2024 lineup:

The Last of Us Part 2: Remastered (Jan 19th)
Helldivers 2 (Feb 9th)
MLB The Show 24 (Mar 15th)
Rise of Ronin (Mar 22nd)
Stellar Blade (Apr 26)
Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4th)
Concord
Until Dawn Remaster
Lost Soul Aside
Carnivalla

These are all of the titles that are either dated, or currently hold a 2024 release date.

Pleasantly surprised about Rise of Ronin, it seems like a super gamey game going for fun instead of boring cinematic realism most of Sony FP goes for, hopefully it comes to PC, but yeah I don't think that is the type of game that sells 5M in PS platforms.

Stellar Blade looks good too, don't like how most games in State of Plays presentations go for Story trailers, but from previous gameplay videos I liked what I saw, another one I hope that has a PC version down the line. DDII gameplay looks better, but some animations looked weirdly choppy, still was a strong showing. Still undecided in their sales potential tbh.

The rest was ok, the new Silent Hill looking better than the remake of 2 (both graphically and in tone) was amusing, but it seems like it's not having the best reception.

And Kojima... I really dislike the whole cult of personality around him, but well, he makes really, really fun gameplay loops, I just can't stand his weird, almost masturbatory, obsession with Hollywood actors and directors, and how he (and a good portion of the industry) "hopes to transcend the barriers between film and videogames", because it's really hard watching those almost half an hour cinematics of characters (recognizable Hollywood actors) saying and doing goofy shit while I wait to go back to playing the game that I am honestly really enjoying, talking about Death Stranding here. Like the first Metal Gear Solid had enough wacky Kojima shit and was enough of a movie while still being 95% a game, why he had to keep going for more??! /end rant. First one ended up doing pretty well once it was ported to PC, we'll see I think this one look very impressive technically, that should help.

Helldivers 2 (Feb 9th)
Rise of Ronin (Mar 22nd)
Stellar Blade (Apr 26)

1st 4 months are filled. Awesome!

Very good SOP. PSVR 2 had it moment. Legendary Tales combat is awesome
Post automatically merged:

DS2 being 2025 title mean Sony pretty much have nothing for 2nd half of 2024. Maybe that Concord GAAS game.

Maybe these games for 2nd half??

Concord
Until Dawn Remaster
Lost Soul Aside
Carnivalla

Sony's current 2024 lineup:

Helldivers 2 (Feb 9th)
Rise of Ronin (Mar 22nd)
Stellar Blade (Apr 26)
Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4th)
Concord
Until Dawn Remaster
Lost Soul Aside
Carnivalla

These are all of the titles that are either dated, or currently hold a 2024 release date.
How could you forget Foamstars, the GOAT, coming out Feb 6th(also on PS+)? :ROFLMAO:

Even 2029 seems generous if DS2 launches next year. Definitely expecting it to be PS6 though.

PlayStation going to be working with the Decima Engine bros(KJP/Guerilla Games) to develop the PS6.
There's even rumours of more studios using Decima in the future, but that's not been confirmed as of yet.

Edit: In this new espionage game we will have the most detailed male ass in the history of gaming, you can bet on it.

First half of the year is strong for playstation. They need a big game to land for the 2nd half though, even just an astrobot with a pro model would go a long way.

First half of the year is strong for playstation. They need a big game to land for the 2nd half though, even just an astrobot with a pro model would go a long way.

Probably going to have to wait all the way to June for the PS showcase to see the ever hidden SIE games.

It's alright but it lacks excitement. It's all games that I feel I can figure out how to play just by looking at the trailer.

Stellar Blade and Final Fantasy are carrying the first 6 months. Ronin looks fine but safe and similar to older stuff.

The one that I can't wrap my head around is Judas. I feel they are doing bad at showing it off. I am intrigued by what Levine and his team are gonna deliver, but it looked more like Bioshock than I expected. I just hope the story works, but with no release date and only clips of set pieces, I am not sure what to think.

The one that I can't wrap my head around is Judas. I feel they are doing bad at showing it off. I am intrigued by what Levine and his team are gonna deliver, but it looked more like Bioshock than I expected. I just hope the story works, but with no release date and only clips of set pieces, I am not sure what to think.

Little writeup about the game's development by Jason Schreier.

I know that is barely February 1st, and other stuff is going to be announced as time goes on, but the second half of 2024 seems awfully quiet right now for the whole industry. It isn't just a Sony thing. Outside of Microsoft's games shown at their D_D, none of the big publishers seem to have anything lined up after June or even really announced.

I'm sure that one factor is waiting for Nintendo to drop that bomb. Who knows, maybe publishers were expecting GTA VI to launch Fall 2024 so they didn't want to commit to that window too early. Even still, there aren't a lot of big games out there with a 2024 placeholder at the moment.

How could you forget Foamstars, the GOAT, coming out Feb 6th(also on PS+)? :ROFLMAO:
As far as I know, that is a Square developed and published game. Sony just happened to score a deal to put it on PS Plus Day 1.

As far as I know, that is a Square developed and published game. Sony just happened to score a deal to put it on PS Plus Day 1.

Ah, I see, you meant all PlayStation published games.
Yeah, its just a de-facto exclusive(for some unknowable reason).

I know that is barely February 1st, and other stuff is going to be announced as time goes on, but the second half of 2024 seems awfully quiet right now for the whole industry. It isn't just a Sony thing. Outside of Microsoft's games shown at their D_D, none of the big publishers seem to have anything lined up after June or even really announced.

I'm sure that one factor is waiting for Nintendo to drop that bomb. Who knows, maybe publishers were expecting GTA VI to launch Fall 2024 so they didn't want to commit to that window too early. Even still, there aren't a lot of big games out there with a 2024 placeholder at the moment.

PlayStation in particular is not beating the allegations that their whole GaaS initiative has hit major roadblocks.
That ambitious 10 GaaS by March 2026 is going to turn into something like 4 by the end of it.

PlayStation in particular is not beating the allegations that their whole GaaS initiative has hit major roadblocks.
That ambitious 10 GaaS by March 2026 is going to turn into something like 4 by the end of it.
That would be an understatement.

Also, Sony already announced a couple of months back that they were now planning to release 6 GAAS projects by March 2026. This was a month before Naughty Dog announced that they canceled TLOU: Factions, but I'm guessing that Sony already knew that when they made the statement. Right now, I see those GAAS as

Hell Divers 2
Concord
FairGame$
Marathon
Horizon MMO (Monster Hunter Like game)
London Studios

I'm going to be surprised if London Studios' FPS ever releases. The studio just has no relevant experience in making a multiplayer shooter and the genre is so competitive that anything that launches at even mediocre will fail horribly.

London Studios prior work:

Playstation Home
Singstar
Eyetoy projects
Wonderbook
PSVR1 minigame collection
Blood and Truth

Blood and Truth has like...... shooting in it I guess? But it's a single player VR FPS with teleportation based movement.

This is just sending London Studios to the wolves, I have no idea how they pull this off.

That would be an understatement.

Also, Sony already announced a couple of months back that they were now planning to release 6 GAAS projects by March 2026. This was a month before Naughty Dog announced that they canceled TLOU: Factions, but I'm guessing that Sony already knew that when they made the statement. Right now, I see those GAAS as

Hell Divers 2
Concord
FairGame$
Marathon
Horizon MMO (Monster Hunter Like game)
London Studios

Why are you cursing the Twisted Metal game like that, don't dash my hopes like this...
Also, isn't the Monster Hunter Horizon MP game being made by Guerilla and the Nexon MMO another project entirely?
That second game is never coming out, it's NCSoft.
I'm going to be surprised if London Studios' FPS ever releases. The studio just has no relevant experience in making a multiplayer shooter and the genre is so competitive that anything that launches at even mediocre will fail horribly.
It's an FPS? What... The most competitive genre right now.

Why are you cursing the Twisted Metal game like that, don't dash my hopes like this...
Also, isn't the Monster Hunter Horizon MP game being made by Guerilla and the Nexon MMO another project entirely?
That second game is never coming out, it's NCSoft.

It's an FPS? What... The most competitive genre right now.

I keep forgetting about Twisted Metal. IIRC, that was moved from Lucid to Firesprite. I guess it could come out before 2026.

As far as I know London Studios game isn’t an FPS. It’s targeting more of a rumbleverse/splatoon crowd. It’s 3rd person combat set in London.

Its described as a combat game with magic

As far as I know London Studios game isn’t an FPS. It’s targeting more of a rumbleverse/splatoon crowd. It’s 3rd person combat set in London.

I don't see anything about 3rd person, but you're right that I was mistaken in saying it was definitely a shooter.

I could see this being a magic based shooter like Immortals, but that doesn't seem confirmed as of yet.

If they target a less crowded genre, it may have more success, but London Studios is just very lacking in experience regardless of genre here.

Rumbleverse has closed(R.I.P you were not appreciated enough) and a combat with magic that is multiplayer sounds like the magical BR Spellbreak which was also closed January of last year.

It's a tough market out there.

I don't see anything about 3rd person, but you're right that I was mistaken in saying it was definitely a shooter.

I could see this being a magic based shooter like Immortals, but that doesn't seem confirmed as of yet.

If they target a less crowded genre, it may have more success, but London Studios is just very lacking in experience regardless of genre here.
Rumbleverse has closed(R.I.P you were not appreciated enough) and a combat with magic that is multiplayer sounds like the magical BR Spellbreak which was also closed January of last year.

It's a tough market out there.

At this point it’s hard to say will work and what won’t, The Finals is apparently doing fine for what it is. I’d rather London Studio take a shot of at least making a game thats accessible to the majority of ps5 owners than being stuck on an accessory or add-on for another generation.

The idea also seems like it’s targeting something that’s not heavy in abundance on ps5 (from playstation studios) at the moment judging by the artwork

At this point it’s hard to say will work and what won’t, The Finals is apparently doing fine for what it is. I’d rather London Studio take a shot of at least making a game thats accessible to the majority of ps5 owners than being stuck on an accessory or add-on for another generation.

The idea also seems like it’s targeting something that’s not heavy in abundance on ps5 (from playstation studios) at the moment judging by the artwork

The Finals is all ex-DICE though... They have a lot of experience doing this.

London Studios is just such a random choice to make a live service title.

We've just watched Bioware, Naughty Dog, and Rocksteady fail miserably at doing this and they had way more action game experience and generally more multiplayer experience as well.

The Finals is all ex-DICE though... They have a lot of experience doing this.

London Studios is just such a random choice to make a live service title.

Its london, you hire talent for the type of game you want to make. Sony also have good multiplayer resources available to them now.

Is it me, or Silent Hill remake...seems more a remaster?

Highlight to me was Metro VR

It's just a low budget remake from not good devs, it makes pretty huge changes from the original so it's not a remaster.

It's a little sad (though predictable) how terrible all of Konami's Silent Hill output has been since they brought the franchise back.

Back
Top Bottom