• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Sony Q3 FY3/2023 Financial Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
23+ million would be pretty high, yes? I feel like, speaking conservatively due to my ignorance, not many Playstation consoles have moved that much in one fiscal year

a price drop, Spider-Man 2, a new model, and another big not-yet named release could get them there (TLOU Multiplayer, FF7 Rebirth, etc.) maybe they start marketing for KoTOR or Wolverine by the end of next fiscal year

23+ million would be pretty high, yes? I feel like, speaking conservatively due to my ignorance, not many Playstation consoles have moved that much in one fiscal year

It would be an all time record for PlayStation which is why even if the reality is higher it would be a safe forecast because anything above that is just pushing further for record breaking.

If Sony shipped 6.2 million PS5 consoles last quarter that would be:

- the best Q1 for any console ever
- total PlayStation home consoles sales at exactly 500 million
- PS5 LTD sales at 38.3 million

If Sony shipped 6.2 million PS5 consoles last quarter that would be:

- the best Q1 for any console ever
- total PlayStation home consoles sales at exactly 500 million
- PS5 LTD sales at 38.3 million

That's a healthy installed base for sure.

Great for Star Wars, Final Fantasy XVI and Spider-Man 2 releases.

Sony will definitely be on the conservative side and forecast 24M. I can't see them going above 25M right away. Maybe after a quarter or two.

Besides hardware I'm curious to see PS+.

Sony was aiming for >50M subs this FY but they actually dropped in comparison to last year despite the new PS+ Extra/Premium service. That said they did some pretty good deals during this Q1 so I wonder if it had a significant effect. I think it's pretty safe to say they won't reach their goal though.

Besides hardware I'm curious to see PS+.

Sony was aiming for >50M subs this FY but they actually dropped in comparison to last year despite the new PS+ Extra/Premium service. That said they did some pretty good deals during this Q1 so I wonder if it had a significant effect. I think it's pretty safe to say they won't reach their goal though.
I think PS+ is stuck at ~50M ceiling for the foreseeable future.

Yep, PS5 could be close to 50 million sold by the time Spider-Man 2 releases.

Yes. Great time to release a major tentpole. I wonder if they can beat GOW 11 million in 2.5 months.

Quoted by: SSN
I think PS+ is stuck at ~50M ceiling for the foreseeable future.

Yes. Great time to release a major tentpole. I wonder if they can beat GOW 11 million in 2.5 months.
Personally I am not even 10% as excited for Spiderman 2 as I was for Ragnarök. I'm just exhausted with too much Superhero media, especially the last few Marvel movies have totally killed my appetite for them.

The only superhero game that I really want to see at this point is a proper big budget AAA SuperMan game.

P.S. I think insomniac should make a new IP next (or after Wolverine). They're still commercially unproven outside of Spiderman.

---- MERGED ----

It's out they did it. Hell they even surpassed it slightly with 6.3M.

Now it's time for all the non believers to eat crow. 🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom