• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

(Sensor Tower) Top Grossing Mobile Games Worldwide for August 2022

Vault-Tec

Enthusiast
top-mobile-games-by-worldwide-revenue-august-2022.jpg

The top grossing mobile game worldwide for August 2022 was Honor of Kings from Tencent with more than $222 million in player spending. About 94 percent of Honor of Kings’ revenue was from China, followed by 2.3 percent from Taiwan and 1.8 percent from Thailand. The full ranking of the top grossing mobile games for August 2022 is above. Game revenue estimates are from Sensor Tower’s Store Intelligence platform.
PUBG Mobile from Tencent was the second highest earning mobile game worldwide for August 2022 with $156.3 million in gross revenue. About 60.7 percent of PUBG Mobile revenue was from China, where it has been localized as Game For Peace, followed by 8.8 percent from the United States. The next top grossing game was Genshin Impact from miHoYo, followed by Candy Crush Saga from King and Fate/Grand Order from Sony’s Aniplex.
Diablo Immortal from Blizzard ranked as the No. 6 revenue generating mobile game globally last month across the App Store and Google Play, accumulating approximately $97 million, a rise of approximately 42 percent month-on-month. The surge in player spending followed the title’s launch in China on July 25, with the country quickly becoming its most lucrative market. In August, China (App Store only) accounted for close to 61 percent of global player spending, while the U.S. represented more than 16 percent.

Kind of a shame they skipped over Genshin Impact.
Would've liked to see the breakdown on whether or not 3.0 is even more skewed towards China/Japan. Spending on the game in the US had decreased over the last few months, but maybe Sumeru helped to even it out a bit?
I imagine Google Play spending comes more outside of Japan (not necessarily from the US, but I imagine US may make up a larger share of Android spending).

Kind of a shame they skipped over Genshin Impact.
Would've liked to see the breakdown on whether or not 3.0 is even more skewed towards China/Japan. Spending on the game in the US had decreased over the last few months, but maybe Sumeru helped to even it out a bit?
I imagine Google Play spending comes more outside of Japan (not necessarily from the US, but I imagine US may make up a larger share of Android spending).

I don't even think this was the big patch for Sumeru spending. Everyone knows the new 5-star, Tighnari, will be added to the standard banner in 3.1 and the new 4-star, Collei, they gave away for free.

The spending will begin in earnest in 3.1 (Cyno, Nilou, Candace) and 3.2 (Dendro archon). And whichever of those patches the anniversary falls on (shop reset).

I don't even think this was the big patch for Sumeru spending. Everyone knows the new 5-star, Tighnari, will be added to the standard banner in 3.1 and the new 4-star, Collei, they gave away for free.

The spending will begin in earnest in 3.1 (Cyno, Nilou, Candace) and 3.2 (Dendro archon). And whichever of those patches the anniversary falls on (shop reset).
Sure, but that applies all over, it's not limited to just US spenders.

From what I recall looking at the daily charts, Sumeru has returned the baseline to its regular top 10 appearances in Japan and US but it hasn't taken the top spot too often

I am not seeing Apex Mobile anywhere in these charts. Is it safe to say that it has been a massive bomba??

I am not seeing Apex Mobile anywhere in these charts. Is it safe to say that it has been a massive bomba??
In the US basically, yeah. In japan, it's around 30 for ipad and 160 for phone. Assume iphone >> ipad.

Quoted by: SSN
In the US basically, yeah. In japan, it's around 30 for ipad and 160 for phone. Assume iphone >> ipad.
It's such a huge shame, because the PC/Console version is the best battle royale game by faar. Whoever was in charge of the mobile development really screwed up such a great opportunity!

Hopefully, China and India will be able to save it. Right..?

Consumer spending in mobile games declined even more steeply than non-game apps, with revenue for the category falling 12.7 percent Y/Y to $19.3 billion in the third quarter. Both the App Store and Google Play saw less revenue when compared to the year-ago period, with mobile game spending on Apple’s platform falling 9.8 percent Y/Y to $11.9 billion and Google’s marketplace seeing $7.4 billion, down 16.9 percent Y/Y.

Back
Top Bottom