• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PS5/XBS Stock Watch: 2024 and Beyond

Series X is now also sold via invitation on Amazon.com
Didn't notice when that went live.

The PS5 DE is not available, tho
Wario64 posted it in the morning.

Maybe July is when we see a big Series X spike. June has been massively disappointing.

June NPD will be very interesting. Sony Direct has now had PS5's available for sale on their site for 4 business days in a row now. And each day, if I'm not mistaken, they've been in stock for couple/several hours before going out of stock. I wonder if this is the start of Sony stating earlier in that they expect to ship more PlayStation's this year than any year in history.

June NPD will be very interesting. Sony Direct has now had PS5's available for sale on their site for 4 business days in a row now. And each day, if I'm not mistaken, they've been in stock for couple/several hours before going out of stock. I wonder if this is the start of Sony stating earlier in that they expect to ship more PlayStation's this year than any year in history.

I feel like they are just allocating stock to UK/NA because the stock in Japan and some other European territories looked pretty bad.

TLOU part 1 is coming out which is PS5 only, same with Forspoken. Then you have God of War which are gonna sell the majority of its copies in the west and on PS5.

June 2022 - Week 5 (June 26 - July 02)

PS5
June 27: Sony Direct [1]
June 28: Sony Direct [2]
June 29: Target [3]

Xbox Series
June 26: MS Store [4]
June 30: MS Store [5]

[1]

[2]

[3] Discord notification
[4]

[5]

Notes
Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at all major and smaller retailers

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

Last edited:
2011389_1.jpg

That's a first for me

MediaMarkt Germany. Muenster is the city.
Before you had to reserve and pre-order in the stores. First time there're sitting just on shelf that I'm aware of.

Great, thanks! Hopefully, that's a sign of things to come. My friend is still looking for a PS5, and it appears that PS5 supplies are slowly improving, bit by bit.

June 2022 Full Month (May 29 - July 02)

PS5 - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource Post
1GameStop / Walmart / AntonlineSource
2Amazon / Best Buy / CostcoSource
3AntonlineSource
4GameStop / Sony Direct (2) / AntonlineSource
5Target / Sony Direct (2)Source

Xbox Series - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource
1MS StoreSource
2WalmartSource
3Best BuySource
4GameStop / MS Store (2)Source
5MS Store (2)Source

Notes
Major Amazon update: The Xbox Series S vanished from the rankings June 17th and hasn't come back. This isn't due to a drop in sales, even previous months results have disappeared. Why this happened I don't know.

Amazon full month rankings: No Xbox or PS5 ranked in June (Amazon full month goes from June 01 to June 30) Source

The GameStop drops in Week 4 were the Pro Days sale. A massive amount of PS5's were sold along with a deal on Series S + Halo Infinite. Some Series X's were also sold.

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at every major and small retailer.

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target now sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

PS5 saw a rebound in availability after a low May with the release of a new Horizon Forbidden West Bundle to start the month and had at least one drop at all 5 major retailers in June. Sony Direct availability was also high as sell outs were not reported until hours after each drop.

Xbox remains static? Consistent? It's hard to place what it's doing as there weren't any massive drop like in Q1 and it's hard to gauge if Series S is seeing what would typically be a summer boost or if there is even enough supply in the channel to support that. Xbox did say they expect to be supply constrained in the quarter thanks China lockdowns and June didn't show a big rebound like PS5 did.

Last edited:
July 2022 - Week 1 (July 03 - 09)

PS5
July 05: Antonline [1]

Xbox Series
July 03: Target / MS Store [2][3]
July 08: Best Buy [4]

[1]

[2]

[3]*

[4]**

Notes

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

[3]* Xbox Series X on the MS Store has been available every single day since then. Read that as 7 days and not just one.
[4]** Xbox Series X at Best Buy has been available every single day since then.

Last edited:
What’s the ranking for it?

It's funny since I noticed it yesterday and the seller was actually Antonline, but now that sold out and another brand is selling it, MEGA FIELD.

July 2022 - Week 1 (July 03 - 09)

PS5
July 05: Antonline [1]

Xbox Series
July 03: Target / MS Store [2][3]

[1]

[2]

[3]***

Notes

[2]*** Xbox Series X on the MS Store has been available every single day since then. Read that as 7 days and not just one.

From the first week of July you need to add that there is stock of series x in best buy online right?

Last edited:
July 2022 - Week 2 (July 10 - 16)

PS5
July 12: Best Buy [1]
July 15: Amazon [2]
July 16: GameStop [3]

Xbox Series
July 12: Amazon [4]
July 15: Amazon [2]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #7 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 / #29 Xbox Series X $499 / #62 PS5 $499 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was July 11 - July 17) Source

Series X on Best Buy and MS Store is still available from last week as of July 12.

Last edited:
PS5 is also on Amazon right now. Guess Amazon were waiting for Prime Day to end before putting these up.

Xbox Series X back to third party sellers or just me seeing that cause I am in the UK (did stick a random US zip code) ?

Xbox Series X back to third party sellers or just me seeing that cause I am in the UK (did stick a random US zip code) ?
Yeah. PS5 is still showing MSRP.

Starting price was $443.77 and then went to $440.79 Weird discounts but will be important for revenue in July.

I wonder if Microsoft even wants to increase Series X production at any significant level, or if they rather wait for a revision first.
Margin for the Series X is worse than Series S. Inflation hits Series X a lot harder than Series S.
Normally you want to die shrink the console that has the higher volume, but this time I believe Series X makes a lot more economic sense. And might even be the only console making economic sense anyways. Series S is already cheap and I don't see much savings.

I'm not even sure anymore if Series S will outsell Series X in the end and Microsoft is probably surprised by the demand distribution. It's not at all comparable to the Playstation 4 and Playstation 4 Pro, where it was 80:20. It's 60:40 now, with demand for Series X at $499 not even met yet.

I also want to buy that new console after being Series S only until now. ^^

I see 3 SKUs going forward.
$249 1TB Series S
$399 1TB all digital Series X revision
$499 2TB Series X revision

Not sure if MS is bold enough and can get rid of disk drives completely. And I also don't see how they could not make a digital Series X when they try to cut costs. It's really a tricky subject, as total disk less console opens up a lot more possibilities for the design.
For Sony the revision question is not important, as they have only one console and one chip. Having a drive or not it no material difference on the production side.

PS3 Slim was 3 years after PS3
PS4 Slim was 3 years after PS4
Xbox 360S was 4 years after Xbox 360
Xbox One S was 3 years after Xbox One
And those 3 years were 2 1/2 years in many cases.
We're at that point already, but there are no rumors at all. If there is nothing next Summer, I would be very surprised. I personally hope for E3 2023. Hardware reveals are still hype and good variety between all the games.

Last edited:
Before Amazon updates the rankings

July 2022
#13 OLED White
#22 Switch Neon

Week Starting July 11
#31 OLED White
#36 Switch Neon

#09 OLED White
#15 Switch Neon
#35 PS5
#58 Series X
#68 Switch Animal Crossing

July
#13 OLED White
#20 PS5 HFW (new)
#23 Switch Neon
#77 Series X (new)

Week 1
#10 PS5 HFW (new)
#29 OLED White
#37 Switch neon
#40 Series X (new)
#68 PS5

Series S is still not listed, but the bundled headphones are showing up in the rankings
#65 Arctis 3 black (#93 full month)
#73 Arctis 1

Year
#9 OLED White
#16 Switch neon
#35 PS5
#53 Series X
#68 Switch AC

small update

July
#12 OLED White
#17 PS5 HFW (new)
#24 Switch Neon
#62 Series X (new)

Week 1
#9 PS5 HFW (new)
#25 OLED White
#34 Series X (new)
#38 Switch neon
#62 PS5

Series S is still not listed, but the bundled headphones are showing up in the rankings
#75 Arctis 3 black (#93 full month)
#81 Arctis 1

Yealy didn't change beside Xbox Series X one spot

The Amazon invites give users 3 days to buy the item so this is the last day of sales for PS5/XBS if there are any units left to claim.

small update

July
#12 OLED White
#17 PS5 HFW (new)
#24 Switch Neon
#62 Series X (new)

Week 1
#9 PS5 HFW (new)
#25 OLED White
#34 Series X (new)
#38 Switch neon
#62 PS5

#75 Arctis 3 black (#93 full month)
#81 Arctis 1

Yealy didn't change beside Xbox Series X one spot
Another update

July 2022
#11 OLED White
#13 PS5 Horizon
#24 Switch Neon
#53 Series X

Week Starting July 11
#7 PS5 Horizon
#24 OLED White
#29 Series X
#37 Switch Neon
#57 PS5

#09 OLED White
#16 Switch Neon
#35 PS5
#52 Series X
#68 Switch Animal Crossing

July 2022 - Week 3 (July 17 - 23)

PS5
July 18: Antonline [1]
July 22: Best Buy [2]
July 23: GameStop [3]

Xbox Series
July 19: Walmart / Antonline [4][5]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

Notes

Series X on Best Buy and MS Store is still available from last week as of July 19.

Last edited:
Xbox Series X is now in stock at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store. Amazon had stock last week and GameStop is still a no show in July.

Maybe we see another March like performance this month. Quarter 2 was weak for Series X sales. PS5 also probably sees a decent jump in July compared to the average it was selling the past 6 months.

Xbox Series X is now in stock at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store. Amazon had stock last week and GameStop is still a no show in July.

Maybe we see another March like performance this month. Quarter 2 was weak for Series X sales. PS5 also probably sees a decent jump in July compared to the average it was selling the past 6 months.
Another ~500k month for Xbox?

Another ~500k month for Xbox?
Only 4 weeks in July compared to March's 5.

If everything stays in stock for the next week or so and there's a GameStop drop, I could see 300K to 400K.

PS5 in store Bundles at Gamestop tomorrow.
Everywhere in the US except Washington and Oregon. Weird. Probably a distribution center issue
hqo0mLV.png

Just noticed that Target had the Series S for $289 this week. Deal ends tomorrow.

July 2022 - Week 4 (July 24 - 30)

PS5
July 25: Sam's Club [1]
July 26: Sony Direct / Antonline [2][3]
July 27: Sony Direct [4]
July 28: Sony Direct [5]
July 29: GameStop [6]

Xbox Series
July 26: Antonline [7]
July 28: Verizon [8]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

[8]

Notes

*Series X is available at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store and has been since last week or before.

Last edited:
Xbox sitting on shelfs, so Microsoft has to find new retail partners to sell...
But it makes sense. Mobile operators are in the business of selling plans.

July is looking to be a major month. Wonder if the Xbox or PS can manage to outsell the Switch this month.

Apparently this weekend's GameStop PS5 drop were units that weren't sold last week.
Makes sense with the same stores having units and the same stores also not having units.
But it seems unlikely that not a single store sold out. Maybe Gamestop is getting lazy and is not updating the list?

Makes sense with the same stores having units and the same stores also not having units.
But it seems unlikely that not a single store sold out. Maybe Gamestop is getting lazy and is not updating the list?
or that people are not stupid and are tired of packages of 800 dollars

Back
Top Bottom