We have some new updates to share! Check out the thread here!
Take Two looks very affordable for MS now that Activision was bought, I think it's more a matter of when rahter than if, getting ahold of GTA seems like the highest priority even compared to the EA IPs.Well, things got off to a more explosive start than I expected!
As far as Sony's response goes, I think they will at least attempt to buy GTA6 exclusivity... whether or not that will actually succeed is another matter.
- Switch best-selling console. PS5 2nd very close.
- Xbox increases on European markets.
- Steam Deck sells 1 million.
- Intellivision Amico will be the meme of the year.
- No announcement of Switch 2.
- Winners: Elden Ring, Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, Starfield, God of War: Ragnarok, Splatoon 3, Pokemon: Arceus, Horizon Forbidden West, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Suicide Squad, Dragon Quest III HD-2D (Japan), Silksong
- Losers: Forspoken, Gran Turismo 7, Bayonetta 3, Tokyo Ghostwire, Final Fantasy Origins, Triangle Strategy, Star Ocean The Divine Force, Marvel's Midnight Suns, Sonic Frontiers.
- Megabomba: Dragon Ball: The Breakers, Rainbow Six Extraction, Babylon's Fall, Gollum.
- Sleepers: Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Best-selling title in Japan (retail): Splatoon 3
- Metroid Dread best selling Metroid ever on the first quarter.
- Persona 5 port for PC.
- Game Pass price increases.
- PlayStation Now is gone and replaced it with a new service. Similar price to Game Pass Ultimate. Sony games included after one year.
- Game Boy is included on NSO.
- PSVR2 releases end of this year. $499 price. 1 million units sold. Horizon and an exclusive big third party title will be launch games.
- Meta Quest hardware sales keep growing up but software sales grow up slower.
- Metaverse is still very early stages.
- Many new mobile games will go full NFTs.
Hardware: Got Xbox series right. Yet to see for Switch. Completely wrong on Steam DeckHardware
- Switch will be the best selling console in 2022, selling another 20M+ units in FY 2022-23
- Ps5 will receive a slim edition similar to the Series S (all digital, weaker than the main counterpart, cheaper)
- Xbox Series will start surpassing Ps5 in monthly threads and will at least once surpass Ps5 in Japan
- Steam deck will have dissapointing sales and will be forgotten almost immediately
- BOTW 2 will release in October 2022, new trailer in January
- A Zelda oracle games remake is announced after the release of BOTW 2
- New 3D Mario game in November to accompany the movie, Announcement in January
- Xenoblade 3 will be announced in January and launch late May. Will surpass Xeno 2 LTD sales the same year
- Bayonetta 3 will launch in September
- Splatoon 3 Will launch June.
- New Fire Emblem Remake will lauch late April/early May
- Kirby and the forgotten lands will become the best selling Kirby by December
- Legends Arceus will manage to reach 15M sales by December but will struggle to go further. A DLC will be announced at E3
- ARMS 2 announced, launching in July
- First trailer for Metroid Prime 4, will be the best looking Switch game by far.
- No Switch 2 or Mario Kart 9 announced or teased
- GOW 2 will be delayed to early 2023
- Elden ring will reach 10M sales in it's first 6 months
- Persona 6 is announced, releasing on Switch, Ps4, Ps5 and PC. Will take inspiration from Sentai series
Clearly not good at this.Hardware:
* We have seen peak Switch sadly, we will continue to hear rumours of the Switch Pro throughout Q4. - Kinda right
* The PlayStation 5 will sell the same amount as this year, they are still supply constrained. We won't hear news/rumours about a Pro console this year. VR2 gets announced and released for $299 in 2022 - Completely off on the psvr2, should be wrong on the ps5 sales as well
* Xbox to Sony hardware revenue difference to close up to 1:1.4 globally until PSVR2. - will need to check
* Steam Deck will sadly be a slight bust because they can't make enough. We will hear of rumours of an MS/Xbox version though of the Steam Deck but I think it never materialise. - hmm, I would say wrong again
* Xbox finally releases their streaming stick in Q3/Q4 next year. Rumours of an Elite Series 3 heat up next year with haptic triggers being the only improvement. - off and the rumours died
* Final Fantasy 7 Remake will finally come out on Xbox but not on GP initially. - wrong
* Xcloud on Android TV announced and released. - wrong, still only on Tizen afaik
* Sega finally gains some power over Atlus and we see another Persona game released on PC, maybe P5R. They also change the protagonist on Judgement. - Got the Persona bit right, Judgement wrong
* MS to announce 3 purchases next year; CD or Eidos Montreal being one, at least one European purchase. - wrong
* CD Projekt to gain major investment from Tencent. - wrong
* Gamepass to hit 30m subs by the EOY. Xbox to start allowing users to play owned games on xcloud where publishers allow it. - wrong
* Spartacus to be announced without Day One games, expecting an improvement to existing games on the library in terms of fast forward and better state management. We don't get PS3 games running natively. - half/completely right
- Switch will see a hybrid decline fueled by shortages and satisfied demand. 20 million units should be the goal. No Switch 2 hints. OG begins it's phase out.
- Continued struggles for PlayStation and Xbox to meet demand. 2022 will frustratingly look like 2021 but the higher ASP will keep them from taking any action.
- Valve finally launches Steam Deck in sells north of 1 million units during it's first quarter. Third parties start to enter the fray.
- Xbox's acquisitions start to bear fruit. Starfield and Hellblade 2 could be big GOTY contenders.
- Breath of the Wild 2 will come out towards the end of year and make waves in GOTY discussions.
- God of War 2 and Horizon 2 will also release and be included in GOTY talk.
- They all lose to Elden Ring at TGA as is customary.
- Nintendo signals a strong 2023 for Switch with Donkey Kong, Metroid Prime 4, new Toon Link game, Tomodachi and a few other surprises. They lean into streaming for big third party games to prep people for the next platform.
- More mergers and acquisitions
- Square Enix executives continues to run their business badly but benefit from ravenous market nonetheless.
- Leaks about Switch 2 continue with dev kit images starting to make the rounds.
- Rockstar announces GTAVI at TGA.
- Sonic and Mario do work at the box office both doing 500M+ in worldwide gross. Triggers a cynical attempt by Activision to get in on the action with Crash and Sypro.
- Scalpers eat.
- Sakurai announces retirement.
Ok, I'll play.
- Switch is #1 in sales but sells less compared to 2021.
- There is no Switch Pro model this year, but Nintendo teases new hardware for March 2023.
- PS5 supply stabilizes somewhat towards the end of 2022, but new software and holiday demand make finding the console still a challenge.
- Xbox Series S outsells Series X worldwide.
- PSVR2 sells 1 million units.
- BOTW 2 launches in November.
- Splatoon 3 is the best-selling Switch game of the year.
- Gran Turismo 7 is the best-selling Sony exclusive, sells 7+ million.
- Starfield holds its November launch date.
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the fastest selling game in franchise history.
- Metroid Dread hits 4 million in sales.
- Sony announces some titles for 2023.
- Microsoft shows more of what is already announced, no new first party titles are announced.
- Nintendo adds value to the NSO with GB/GBC games, but fans cry for GBA games.
- Sony launches Spartacus and while the early library is a little lacking, it quickly grows into a rousing success.
- Spartacus doesn't include day 1 first party games, but they are announced to come within 18 months of their respective launch.
- Microsoft gets a big 3rd party further on board with Gamepass. The price stays the same, but they quietly get rid of the $1 conversion deal.
I would say that is 30% right: Sony announced some appealing games. It's not doing hot in Japan, and PSVR wasn't released yet.-Sony will struggle in Japan in 2022 but it will announces some appealing games for Asian and Japanese tastes. It wil also release the PSVR2 but the adoption rate will be very slow because it's price.
Right!-Nintendo won't announce the Switch Successor these year. Maybe a price drop for Lite and the Original one.
Right!-Microsoft will invest more in GamePass. Series X will continue to be a rare product.
Sega announced Mega Drive Mini 2. Let's say 30% right.-Sega will announce a new mini console. It will be or Sega Saturn ou Sega Mark III but it's Japan only.
All wrong except for Mega Man- Capcom will release a new Resident Evil for Switch and it will outsell 7 and 8 in Japan. It will also release SF6, Megaman Battle Network collection, Marvel vs Capcom Collection.
No.-Konami will release a reboot of Castlevania in 3D.
All wrong except for Front Misdion-Square will anounce a new Kingdom Hearts game and a new Front Mission. FF16 wil be released in the end of 2022.
Tekken-Bandai Namco will announce a new Tekken game, Ni No Kuni 3 (with Level 5) and some anime game that looks like Smash Bros but with Jump characters.
Persona 3 remastered... in 2023. So...wrong.-Atlus will release Persona 3 remastered for all platforms, but Persona 6 will be announced exclusively for PS5 (with a later updated version released also for Switch). Also, PC and PS4 ports of SMTV.
To be continued soon...
the persona 3 remaster might be realI would say that is 30% right: Sony announced some appealing games. It's not doing hot in Japan, and PSVR wasn't released yet.
Sega announced Mega Drive Mini 2. Let's say 30% right.
All wrong except for Mega Man
All wrong except for Front Misdion
Persona 3 remastered... in 2023. So...wrong.