• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PlatinumGames // Strategic Bomba Command // non-stop climatic bloody minded self-publishing action. // P* Origins: Clover & the Lost Okami sequel.

"Whadya buyin!? Heard that in a game once."

• Bayonetta 3 (Switch)

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • NieR Automata The End of YorHA Edition (Switch)

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • "Flock off, feather-face!" I'm buying all of the above.

Votes: 32 43.8%
  • Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon (Switch)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Put your foot down, Cheshire! I'll take care of our little pest problem." Buying all three.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • NieR Miss, Pass the Bayo! - getting Bayonetta 3 & Bayonetta Origins.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mod Post

A few days ago, the thread's OP already issued an amicable call to everyone to avoid behaviours such as cross-site drama, but since it happened again not many hours ago, it looks like the time has come to issue a more official general warning: avoid mentioning other forums and communities (especially the likes of 4Chan) to instigate and / or rekindle cross-site drama. Install Base is a forum built on conversations and exchange of opinions, not the instigation of drama between different communities and talking about what happens "elsewhere" too much.

Since this is a general warning, there won't be any effect on anyone's history; but it is highly recommended to take a step back before indulging into kindling flames of cross-site drama in the thread. If it happens again, the moderation team will take action accordingly to the circumstances.

Can i post this?

Change 4,000$ to 10,000$ but she still claim $450M lol

She somewhat confirms Schreier's account of the situation, which differs from her original story to begin with.

She then disparages Schreier in a later Tweet by implicitly suggesting that he's being paid off by Platinum/Nintendo. How nice...

The worst part is how she still clamors for a "living wage" despite having been offered 10000 Dollars from the get-go. Looking at how many hours we know she worked on past Bayonetta-games, even in her most favorable case she wouldn't have had to work more than a week's worth of work. So what is she on about being denied a "living wage"? Did she really expect she's entitled to being paid for the off-time when she doesn't have a job? That might be a wider freelancing-issue, but certainly not the responsibility of Platinum Games.

Bad taste got worse.

Hellena Taylor said:
As I posted on part three of my video thread. I explained that their first offer was too low. That offer was 10,000 dollars total. Remember, this is 450 million dollar franchise, (not counting merchandise.) I then wrote in Japanese to Hideki Kamiya, asking for what I was worth. I thought that as a creative, he would understand. He replied saying how much he valued my contribution to the game and how much the fans wanted me to voice the game. I was then offered an extra 5,0000!
She typed an extra zero at the end, but the bold parts confirmed that she did get offered $15,000 after some negotiations. However, she still found that to be low so she declined the offer - which is in line with Jason's report.

Hellena Taylor said:
So, I declined to voice the game. I then heard nothing from them for 11 months. They then offered me a flat fee to voice some lines for 4,000 dollars. Any other lies, such as 4,000 for 5 sessions are total fabrications. There were not “extensive negotiations.” I’ve also been informed of ridiculous fictions, such as I asked for 250,000 dollars. I am a team player. I was just asking for a fair, living wage in line with the value that I bring to this game.
She did not deny the six figures part, just that she didn't ask for $250,000. That's a very specific number to claim when most people just thinks she is asking for $100,000+. It feels like she is attacking a straw man. For all we know, she could have asked for an amount between $100,000-$250,000. That would make her current denial a truth, but still a misleading one where she isn't addressing whether she asked for six figures. If there were no "extensive negotiations" then it just meant that negotiations broke down immediately after her counteroffer. Her talking about living wage also isn't addressing what was in the report, just that she felt she was right in her counteroffer.

I'm just disappointed. She is just trying to tug at people's heart strings now. I really would've rather side with her, but her answers basically confirm what Jason got. She accused him of lying, but none of her answers disprove anything. They were all non-denial denials. The lies she were talking about had nothing to do with Jason's report. The $4,000 for 5 sessions thing was what she misled the public to believe - not what Platinum/Jason did.

Conclusion: So yeah. She started off with lying by omission, now she admits what she omitted was correctly reported by Jason, then resorted to half-truths by attacking straw mans instead of admitting to the more egregious details (six figures with residuals), and downplaying her behavior with the justification that she was just trying to survive. The only "true" lie she said was the $450 million figure, the rest were just deceitful "truths." However, that makes it all the more heartbreaking, to see someone like her turn to deception when she could've been a good role model for the VA industry and for her fans.

Last edited:
450m figure is true she said.... if it is such a huge IP, Sega would not allow Ninty to fund the game kek. They will eat all those project by themselves.

Massive second hand embarrassment over these new tweets. Confirming the report and trying to double down on you being the victim here in the end after promoting a harassment towards your replacement and the director who tried to get you a fat payday.

This is just a really sad situation all around. Sure, Bayonetta as a franchise has (hopefully) escaped that situation while largely intact, but man… in an era where there are finally conversations about voice actor pay and value, this is the last thing advocates needed.

Hopefully this could be a lesson to wait before getting angry because there’s always two sides to each situation.

This is just a really sad situation all around. Sure, Bayonetta as a franchise has (hopefully) escaped that situation while largely intact, but man… in an era where there are finally conversations about voice actor pay and value, this is the last thing advocates needed.

Hopefully this could be a lesson to wait before getting angry because there’s always two sides to each situation.

Considering how many outlet like GVG, Kotaku,EZA, KFG, IGN, and many more all is trying to act like there is no more new news of this topic while trying their best to both sides? I give it another 1 month before another pitchfork reaction happen once more.

This is not talking how many influencers like on YT and twitter or even some fellow VA or even devs like Cory Barlog who don't have the balls to even admit their mistake and just delete their tweet trying to avoid any responsibilities for bringing the mob to witch hunt and harrass Kamiya, Hale and Platinum?

There will be no change even in the future. Human nature in this social media is hard to change.

I suspect a lot of those outlets to sweep this under the rug until it comes back up in the future and they, conveniently, talk about how Taylor lied and was on the wrong side. they'll just continue to both sides this until people forget then jump to the winning team

I suspect a lot of those outlets to sweep this under the rug until it comes back up in the future and they, conveniently, talk about how Taylor lied and was on the wrong side. they'll just continue to both sides this until people forget then jump to the winning team

U don't need to suspect lol. Many already did that lol. Or now pivot to " she lied but this tells more about VA pay being low" or "15k is still too low for such iconic franchise that will make millions" lol.

Out of all the 'influencers' I saw that covered this story well there was only one and that was Spawn Wave, specifically not the podcast where he has guests since most of them are cringe. He was neutral on the story when it first dropped, reported what was known, and gave a measure opinion until it became clear that Helena did indeed lie. He even did a followup that he posted over an hour ago from this writing with Helena's recent tweets saying that this sealed it for him.

The biggest disappointment was GVG that was quick to take Helena's side with Jon specifically making a big show of cancelling his Bayonatta 3 preorder, saying that Platinum was a shell of itself, and saying that Nintendo should be ashamed and when the facts came out, the cast of GVG on their podcast tried to play the 'both sides' card and Jon wasn't even on the podcast.

Last edited:
Out of all the 'influencers' I saw that covered this story well there was only one and that was Spawn Wave, specifically not the podcast where he has guests since most of them are cringe. He was neutral on the story when it first dropped, reported what was known, and gave a measure opinion until it became clear that Helena did indeed lie. He even did a followup that he posted over an hour ago from this writing with Helena's recent tweets saying that this sealed it for him.

The biggest disappointment was GVG that was quick to take Helena's side with Jon specifically making a big show of cancelling his Bayonatta 3 preorder, saying that Platinum was a shell of itself, and saying that Nintendo should be ashamed and when the facts came out, the cast of GVG on their podcast tried to play the 'both sides' card and Jon wasn't even on the podcast.
there was another, more popular streamer who covered this in full and all his videos hit over 1M. people said he provided accurate coverage as well. so the word has gotten around a bit

in other news, reviews are exceptional. it's now on Nintendo to do that final push

On another note, apparently Nintendo did it again: Instead of Xenoblade-fans, this times Bayonetta-fans are suffering. Bayonetta 1 physical edition went online on the Nintendo Store, was completely sold out no 2 minutes later. Now people are complaining, of course.

This is just ridiculous. How hard can it be to let people pre-order, THEN manufacture the needed items, and everyone can be happy? More money for Nintendo, too.

On another note, apparently Nintendo did it again: Instead of Xenoblade-fans, this times Bayonetta-fans are suffering. Bayonetta 1 physical edition went online on the Nintendo Store, was completely sold out no 2 minutes later. Now people are complaining, of course.

This is just ridiculous. How hard can it be to let people pre-order, THEN manufacture the needed items, and everyone can be happy? More money for Nintendo, too.
What? It released at the end of last month, and it's still available online. Why the complaints?

The timespan is the issue. The reason they are Nintendo store exclusive is that they are announcing these things too late that retailers don't want to suddenly take on. If Nintendo announced these things six months in advance, I presume retailers would probably be fine and then preorders can be normally taken and then Nintendo can adjust the manufacturing but, a two month announcement is too short for popular limited edition stuff. Bayonetta in particular is something that fell through in the last minute given that it was announced to be a Nintendo Store exclusive only a couple weeks before launch whereas other regions had the preorder at retailers like normal.

I even got thread-banned on Era for a day for asking Jon to explain himself. Like jeez. :/

Good Vibes lost a metric ton of respect from me for this. :/

My only thoughts on the voice acting situation is gratefulness for the voice actress' past performance, a hope that someone starts pointing her to accurate sales information and correcting her assumptions on how big Bayonetta really is and lastly that she will reach out to other actors like David Hayter for advice.

If Square is replacing voices for iconic Disney characters in games series who's each individual mainline release sells more than the projected final tally of the entire Bayonetta franchise then Platinum replacing it's lead actress is no hardship.

Last edited:
My only thoughts on the voice acting situation is gratefulness for the voice actress' past performance, a hope that someone starts pointing her to accurate sales information and correcting her assumptions on how big Bayonetta really is and lastly that she will reach out to other actors like David Hayter for advice.

If Square is replacing voices for iconic Disney characters in games series who's each individual mainline release sells more than the projected final tally of the entire Bayonetta franchise then Platinum replacing it's lead actress is no hardship.

Her action for me makes me lost any respect toward her at all here. She literally goes guns blazing tries to ruin a whole project and even run a mob witch hunt to harass people just because she overplayed her importance.

That for me is a very bad moves especially now she easily muddled future talk on VA pay due to her being bad actor in this case. So kinda hard to even sympathize toward her anymore.

Extended poll is complete, it was a close run thing but the flock off feather facers have it by the skin of their bird chomping teeth. Bayonetta physical copies for the UK/EU came & went however you can register interest on the MyNintendo store for restocks 'later this year'. Not sure why its having issues, guess they're going for the authentic Limited Run Games experience.

Bit of weekend thread husbandry before it all kicks off with Glorious Bayonetta 3 sales data. I've updated the OPs with the most recent Famitsu sales, plus links to a useful studio overview with key staff profiles for PlatinumGames Tokyo. Hopefully they'll provide more insight on its role & how work is divided on forthcoming projects plus a clearer idea of what they're doing with GAAS post Babylon's Fall. Another PV for NieR Automata 1.1a, was hoping against hope for hand drawn mechanical designs, close ups look good mind. Switch version is hanging around the charts.
Famitsu Sales: Week 10, 2022 (Feb 28 - Mar 06)
24./00. [PS4] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 2.885 / NEW <20-40%>
27./00. [PS5] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 2.224 / NEW <20-40%>
Famitsu Sales: Week 40, 2022 (Sep 26 - Oct 02)
18./00. [NSW] Bayonetta <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.09.30} (¥3.480) - 5.128 / 14.538 <40-60%>
Physical: 5.128 / Retail DL Code: 9.410
(If as @PillFencer points out here the above sales include retail DL code sales prior to the physical version being released).
Famitsu Sales: Week 41, 2022 (Oct 03 - Oct 09)
02./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 30.218 / NEW <40-60%>
Famitsu Sales: Week 42, 2022 (Oct 10 - Oct 16)
03./02. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 9.672 / 39.890 <60-80%> (-68%)
Famitsu Sales: Week 43, 2022 (Oct 17 - Oct 23)
08./03. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 5.107 / 44.997 <60-80%> (-47%)
Note: Famitsu Weekly Sales will be replaced with Media Create Sales: CY 2022 Sales Data once the top 1000 report is published in mid-2023.
Platinum-Games-Interview_03-01-20_003-480x230.jpg

Studio Overview & Key Staff Profiles
Motoi Fujita - Development Division, Divisional Vice President, Tokyo Studio, Director
David Scripps - Software Engineer, PlatinumGames Tokyo, Game Creative Division
Miki Sato - Project Manager, PlatinumGames Tokyo, Game Creative Division
Takahisa Sugiyama - Game Development Division, Tokyo Studio, Game Designer
kv_pascal_c.jpg

Digital Foundry article & video analysis - Nier Automata's Switch port is very impressive - but not quite perfect // Bayonetta 3 - A Great Game With Polish & Performance Issues

Last edited:
nier-nier-replicant.gif
d9b98055b056603323d40dceba5f6129e0297e44.jpg
EzFez7WXMAA9jPF.jpg
116a10531d945c009bce9e4cac576f6bd992da26.gif

Shinji Hashimoto strikes back, or maybe it was his dastardly plan all along, it might explain why he left "I'll be leaving the company in high spirits." He might have retired from Square Enix but his Ultima Troll spirit lives on, as they heard the man baby cries for gruff Nier Replicant protagonist, something got very lost in translation & Ubisoft said hold my beer goggles.
Nier-Replicant-Ver122-Review_009.png
Rainbow-Six-Siege-Nier-1320x743.jpg
Nier-Replicant-Not-Detecting-Keyboard-or-Controller-White-Loading-Screen-Bug-640x344.jpg

Somebody call IT support! They wanted you to bastardise the other version of the main character. Mind you that's no easy feat, I'm sure Ubisoft would've been up to the dubious task. Although to be fair maybe its a depiction of the protagonist before & after reading the latest - what can only be described as the Mental Create Sales thread. Right! Back to Platinum(Games), as for now, will discuss the domestic retail shipments here & try working out first shipment estimates. Plenty of updates in all three P* OPs as well, constructive feedback welcome as usual.
02./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 30.218 / NEW <40-60%>

1st Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 50,363 - 75,545
03./02. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 9.672 / 39.890 <60-80%> (-68%)

2nd Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 50,363 - 66,483
08./03. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 5.107 / 44.997 <60-80%> (-47%)

3rd Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 50,363 - 56,246
Famitsu Sales: Week 44, 2022 (Oct 24 - Oct 30)
02./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 41.285 / NEW <40-60%>
19./08. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 3.170 / 48.167 <80-100%> (-38%)

1st Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 68,808 - 103,212
Famitsu Sales: Week 45, 2022 (Oct 31 - Nov 06)
04./02. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 10.103 / 51.388 <40-60%> (-76%)
23./19. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 2.224 / 50.391 <80-100%> (-30%)

2nd Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 85,646 - 103,212
Famitsu Sales: Week 46, 2022 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)
21./04. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 3.349 / 54.737 <40-60%> (-67%)

3rd Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 91,228 - 103,212
Stopped after a few weeks as its diminishing returns, especially once you reach 80-100%. Highly likely NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition on Switch received a 2nd shipment. While its fallen out of the Famitsu top 30 due to the overall increase in weekly sales, it could still be selling around 2,000 copies. As ever, the Media Create top 1000 will reveal all. Bayonetta 3 retail shipment is cause for alarm. Any thoughts? On the above plus the wider context, namely the positions in digital charts for Japan & elsewhere? Bayonetta 1 & 2 have reappeared too.

Last edited:
121639.gif
nier-automata.gif

WE ARE PERPETUALLY TRAPPED IN A NEVER-ENDING SPIRAL OF LIFE & DEATH. Need a cure for those NieR Winter Blues? Good news everyone! While the official trailer is old but the news is new, CrunchyRoll has the simulcast for the TV show & English dub (date to be confirmed, see below). Enjoy the Orthodox Christmas Holidays. Celebrate the Festival of Seven Herbs in style!
Nier Automata Ver1.1a:
  • Director: Ryouji Masuyama
  • Series Organization: Yoko Taro, Ryouji Masuyama
  • Character Design & Supervising Animation Director: Jun Nagai
  • Music: MONACA
  • Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Aniplex)
  • TV series (Japan Television Broadcast - 7th January 2023) // International Streaming : CrunchyRoll (sub airtime: 7th January 2023 (time TBC) / English dub airtime: TBC)
Promotion File 001: 2B // Promotion File 002: 9S // Promotion File 003 // Promotion File 004 // Promotion File 005 // Promotion File 006 // Promotion File 007: A2
Now that we're all in a suitably NieR-festive mood, here's the PlatinumGames round up. Note: More updates in the OPs, rather than have multiple posts, least until thread discussion picks up for reasons other than a voice actor CD drama of the kind you don't want to spend 10,000 yen importing from Japan. It's a new Bayonetta game, based on an old Bayonetta story, with a young Bayonetta lead, the original Bayonetta story to be exact. Simple enough. Almost as straightforward as Hideki Kamiya discussing plans for a Jeanne spin off & how the Bayonetta saga will span 9 parts? Step aside Shenmue, the real ultimate video-game saga is in town. Not bad for a series with a botched PS3 port, a cancelled multi-platform sequel & a lore almost ruined, RUINED I tell you by the end of Bayonetta 3 beginning of Bayonetta 2 having incorrect English text. Reason to play the entire series again, from the very start...before or after Origins? Ask your Mommy!
tumblr_ooq4enlM9g1qgojgxo2_r1_540.gif

Key Staff:
Koji Tanaka - Producer (Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon/World of Demons), background designer (Vanquish), lead visual effects artist (Bayonetta 2).
Abebe Tinari - Director (Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon), previously worked on planning (Star Fox Guard) & localisation (Bayonetta 2/The Legend of Korra). Credits here.
Tomoko Nishii - Art Director (Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon), Environment Design (Bayonetta 2) & Cut Scene Illustrator (NieR Automata), Concept Artist (Babylon's Fall).
fcbae53920182836ad899cc5619f741e2d551462.gifv
6e420a21d191b89ac4be0fd2a09d37cbf0957122.gifv
bayonetta-cigar.gif

Lots of detail from Mari Shimazaki into her creative process working alongside the Bayonetta 3 development team. PlatinumGames blog highlights package can be found in the 3rd OP.
2022: Punishing: Gray Raven (iOS/Android) | PGR x NieR: Automata Resurrected Collab (Kuro Game) 2B, 92 & A2 from NieR Automata (trailer). Gran Ravens Wiki NieR Collab Overview.
Untold Naraka (NieR Patch) ALREADY COMPLETED IN GLOBAL: 05/07/2022 → August 15/08/2022 Evernight Beat (NieR Re-run): 22/12/2022 → January 18/01/2023
2023: Naraka: Bladepoint (Hangzhou 24 Entertainment Network Technology Co., Ltd./NetEase Games Montréal) - 2B from NieR: Automata. // Last Cloudia (Aidis). 26th Jan - 15th Feb.
Project x Zone 3 Last Cloudia - free to play, timed Bayonetta collaboration, now on Steam & Smartphones. Nice sprites & stamps, Gacha Garbage leaves my face looking all Greto Garbo.
2de6c61a94c0f59494a15a9d7ae78152a534fcf1.jpg
529bd85719bb5e90f5c60cdd1b7468be107a215d.jpg

Alongside updating all three OPs & adding new poll options, its most certainly Witch Time for a round up of the latest sales figures. Starting with NieR Automata, its Famitsu CY2022 sales & reappearance in the Famitsu top 30 in 2023. Note how it gradually picked up momentum when you compare the copies sold from Week 45 until Dec 25th & then onto Week 4, 2023.
23./19. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 2.224 / 50.391 <80-100%> (-30%)
Famitsu Sales: CY 2022 (2021 Dec 27 - 2022 Dec 25)
62./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4,800) - 57,655 / NEW

NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition: 57,655 - 50,391 = 7,264 retail copies sold from Week 45 until Dec 25th, 2022.
Famitsu Sales: Week 4, 2023 (Jan 16 - Jan 22)
24./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 1.644 / 64.820 <80-100%>

64.820 - 50.391 = 14.429 retail copies sold from Week 45, 2022 - Week 4, 2023.
64,820 - 57,655 = 7,165 retail copies sold from Dec 25th, 2022 - Week 4, 2023.
Famitsu Sales: Week 5, 2023 (Jan 23 - Jan 29)
30./24. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 1.639 / 66.459 <80-100%> (+0%)
Of course this is in part due to the (now on hiatus) TV show but it was continuing to sell beforehand, it just got some extra juice, but now it needs more to make up for the covid-19 related halt to production of the series. Only it has to be new & exciting, something that will stir even a cold, dead, robotic heart, like a saucy puppet show music videos dropping like it's hot...
FndsUVGagAEzZ1A.jpg

amazarashi 『Antinomy』Music Video YOKO TARO Edition | Trailer - PV for the forthcoming 15 minute music video retelling of NieR Automata, due 22/02/23.
Meanwhile for Bayonetta 3, a 40-60% shipment for its 3 weeks in the top 30, means we're looking at a domestic first retail shipment of somewhere between - 91,228 - 103,213 copies.
02./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 41.285 / NEW <40-60%>

First Shipment Estimates: 68,808 - 103,213
04./02. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 10.103 / 51.388 <40-60%> (-76%)

First Shipment Estimates: 85,647 - 103,213
21./04. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 3.349 / 54.737 <40-60%> (-67%)

First Shipment Estimates: 91,228 - 103,213
56./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6,980) - 61,683 / NEW

Bayonetta 3: 61,683 - 54,737 = 6,946 retail copies sold from Week 46 until Dec 25th, 2022.
150,000 is the total retail & digital for Japan as of December 31st, so bearing in mind the missing Famitsu days (26/12 - 31/12) here's a preliminary look at the possible sales breakdown.
Retail: 91,228 - 61,683 = 29,545. 103,213 - 61,683 = 41,530. If there were no further retail shipments that would mean somewhere between 29,545 - 41,530 unsold copies as of 25th Dec.
Digital: 150,000 - 91,228 = 58,772. 150,000 - 103,213 = 46,787. Digital copies estimated sold 46,787 - 58,772 as of 31st Dec. Digital represents anywhere between 31% - 39% (maths! help?) of total sales.
2022101718171400-B554C648DDBE3A62C689D8D6F9AF5E45.jpg
63727de5296e2.jpg

Global sales of 1.04 million, where have I seen that figure before...thanks to @ggx2ac for the code & compiling the latest Nintendo IR sales data for Bayonetta 3 (October 28th - December 31st).
+−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−+
| Bayonetta 3 |
| Nintendo Switch | Rank 17 |
| Area | Japan | Overseas |
+−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−+
| 3rd Quarter | 0.15M | 0.88M |
+====================================+
| FY3/2023 Cml. | 0.15M | 0.88M |
| Area/WW FY % | 14.42% | 84.62% |
| Global | Global FY|Global LTD|
| 3rd Quarter | 1.04M | 1.04M |
+====================================+
| FY3/2023 Cml. | 1.04M | 1.04M |
| WW FY/LTD % | 100.00% | 0.00% |
[Note] Software sales units include the quantity bundled with hardware and other products. Software sales units include their downloadable versions.
Source: Nintendo FY23 Q3 Financial Report, page 18
Without separate figures for the Switch port of NieR Automata from Square Enix, Astral Chain is the chosen PlatinumGames one to beat at 1.28 million as of December 2021, for now Bayonetta 3 tucks into bed alongside Bayonetta 2 on 1.04 million (again, as of December 2021). But now its time for all of them to step aside as it's time to prepare for PlatinumGames Direct!
1fbe25352da0de2da686e1c20e2d93a3-660x370.jpg
Demo-Bayonetta-3-verstopt-1-1920x1080.jpg

Media Create Sales 2022.
Media Create Sales: Oct 2022 (Oct 03 - Oct 30)
04./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 52.176 / NEW
Media Create Sales 2023.
Media Create Sales: Jan 2023 (Jan 02 - Feb 05)
27./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 11.164 / 76.232

76,232 - 11,164 = 65,068. 65,068 - 52,176 = 12,892 retail copies sold Oct 31 - Jan 01.
<UPDATE 08/02/23> Nintendo Dream has published the latest Media Create top 30 sales, note as per @Lite_Agent & @Chris1964 the January sales include an extra week. For our purposes, we can use these to work out Media Create sales for November & December 2022, confirming that sales picked up in the New Year with the arrival of NieR Automata Ver 1.1a TV adaptation.

Last edited:
Bayo 3 got a sales update in Japan this week, now passing 71k in Famitsu!

30./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 1.582 / 71.442 <60-80%> (+16%)

PlatinumGames News Highlights Package:
Babylon’s Fall - The End
Bayonetta 3 Famitsu Top 30 Rampaging Retail Renaissance!

Celebrating 10 Years of METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE! Special message from Director Saito.
P* 02/23
Babylon’s Fall - The End
We are gathered here today on a most solemn occasion to mourn the untimely demise of InstallBase an exhilarating online multiplayer action RPG set in an elaborate high fantasy world.

Babylon's Fall
March 3rd, 2022 - February 27th 2023.

Bayonetta 3 Famitsu Top 30 Rampaging Retail Renaissance!

First Bayo Business of Order. Kudos @Hero of Legend for keeping me on my P*s & Qs, saw your post work out the missing week as well. Despite a new percentage bracket (with the usual caveat of this still being the first retail shipment) the estimates remain the same from Week 46, 2022 (post 280) but we can review where things may stand in terms of remaining copies:
Famitsu Sales: Week 6, 2023 (Jan 30 - Feb 05)
29./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 1.613 / 68.498 <60-80%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 7, 2023 (Feb 06 - Feb 12)
00./29. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 1.362 / 69.860 <60-80%>

Famitsu Sales: Week 8, 2023 (Feb 13 - Feb 19)
30./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 1.582 / 71.442 <60-80%> (+16%)

91,228 - 71.442 = 19,786. 103,213 - 71,442 = 31,771. Based on these figures (again, provided there weren't any additional retail orders) there are currently 19.786 - 31,771 unsold copies as of 19th Feb.
Maybe if it hangs around the Famitsu top 30 it'll be possible to narrow down the first shipment estimates, perhaps the launch of Bayonetta Origins in March will lead to renewed interest.
PlatinumGames Retail Sales Olympics 2023:
[NSW] Bayonetta 3 (Nintendo) - 9.759
[NSW] NieR: Automata (Square Enix) - 8.804
Thanks @Nocturnal for the Famitsu Top 45 2023 (Unofficial Ranking).
Speaking of Origin stories & comparative occasions, let's all come together & pray belt out a cock rockin' karaoke version of the Rules of Nature as we round up the PlatinumGames news.

Celebrating 10 Years of METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE! Special message from Director Saito.
MGR_10thAnniv-3.png
MGR_10thAnniv-1_s.jpg
MGR_10thAnniv-2_s.jpg
MGR_10thAnniv-7.png

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE
Cutting and slicing never felt so good!
I look forward to creating many more memories with METAL GEAR RISING: REVEANGENCE in the years to come!

Collection of illustrations to celebrate the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 10th anniversary, love to see Kenji Saito in good spirits, could they be hinting at more Raiden Rising to come?!?

Umbran Studies — Bayonetta 3 Music Vol. 1 Music Concept by Naofumi Harada (composer)
Umbran Studies — Bayonetta 3 Music Vol. 2 We Are As One by Hiroshi Yamaguchi (composer)
Manga artist Mizuki Sakakibara - author of a two part manga based on the Bayonetta Bloody Fate animated film.
NieR Automata Ver1.1a resumed television broadcast, domestic & international streaming with Chapter.4: a mountain too [H]igh, 18th February & Chapter.5:mave[R]ick, 25th February.
Worldview Explanatory Video Released
To commemorate the resumption of anime broadcasts starting today, a video explaining the world view of the "NieR:Automata Ver1.1a" anime has been released.

Source: NieR Automata Ver1.1a Official Website (18/02/23).

story_2506_photo_1676361731440872233
story_2523_photo_1676965468169845312

If episode 4 makes you thirsty & episode 5 leaves you hungry for more NieR then nobody will judge you at the NieR Animate Cafe with your 1/1 scale Life-size figure by Design COCO!
Support Team:
Logical Beat - NieR:Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition (Xbox One) // Babylon’s Fall (PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5)
Edit: typos, links - shall update the OP with these links plus once I've had a chance to research & find out more about various art books, guides & soundtracks that are still available.

Last edited:
Surprise Square Enix Support Team Motherfuckers! Final Fantasy XVI gets a stylish P* uplift. It's ironic.gif that it'll be out before CyGames has a release date for Granblue Fantasy: Relink. Please vote in the poll before I create a new one. Focus is on recapping the latest here & then get stuck into the Media Create Sales Top 1000 CY2022 next week...in PlatinumGames Output Strategy OP.
FyYPHKvXwAA-kxn
“The release date of Final Fantasy XVI is finally around the corner.

PlatinumGames was graced with the opportunity to develop a part of Final Fantasy XVI.

We’d never had an experience to work on a title in this manner, so it certainly took us by surprise when we were first approached.

But the development staff, myself included, were all extremely excited for this opportunity, saying things like ‘it’s the Final Fantasy’ and ‘we’ll never get another chance to work on Final Fantasy’. So we gladly accepted this opportunity and made it happen.

Takahisa Taura, who worked with Square Enix previously on Nier: Automata, led the development staff and the team on the PlatinumGames side. He powered through the development as leader of the team, and I’m confident that the part we handled ended up being high quality content.

We were able to work on Final Fantasy XVI with excitement as creators, but we only partially handled the development, so we’re also looking forward to playing the content as individual fans, just like those that are watching this video.

And so I am looking forward to enjoying the fantastic world of Final Fantasy XI as both a creator and a fan.

Out sincerest congratulations!”
PlatinumPlaytime
[NSW] Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon <ADV> (Nintendo) {2023.03.17}
[PS5] Final Fantasy XVI <RPG> (Creative Business Units I & III/PlatinumGames/Square Enix) {2023.06.24} (¥9.000)​
PlatinumPledges
[NSW/PS4/Steam] The Wonderful 101: Remastered - The Wonderful One: After School Hero (Part 1) <ACT> {2023.05.19} *Free is the Magic Number 101*
[NSW/PS4/Steam] The Wonderful 101: Remastered - The Wonderful One: After School Hero (Part 2) <ACT> {2023.05.26} *Free is the Magic Number 102*​
PlatinumPlans
PlatinumPlaylist
PlatinumPictures
Nier Automata Ver1.1a (ENG) (A-1 Pictures/Aniplex) {January 7, 2023} *International streaming via CrunchyRoll*『NieR:Automata Ver1.1a』Episode 9 & beyond delayed until further notice. (19/03/23)
PlatinumProvidence
PlatinumPlagiarism
THE P* EXPANSION PACKAGE
357 Platinum Party People (June 1, 2023)
Three studios, its main office in the Umeda Sky Building, Osaka, PlatinumGames Tokyo on GAAS light duty & now PlatinumGames FUKUOKA.
Representing an increase of 40 from February 1st, 2023 with multiple open positions, plus an internship programme due summer 2023.​

'So Nintendo made a game about me without asking.'​

'I am glad I joined PlatinumGames but now I need to get good at action games…!'​

'Joining a company specialized in action games when you only made RPGs for the last 10 years makes you feel like a nerd entering a gym for the first time.'​
I like the cut of this man's Blade Mode jib. No going to cyberstalk all of the new hires...just ones that post incredible pictures of the scenery near Fukuoka. Will PlatinumGames Propriety Tech get a Polyphony Digital glow up? Next week...I'll have a new poll ready & alongside the CY2022 sales data, will finish tidying up the P* Summer Refresh of all 3 OPs with the latest (edit: LinkedIn Login).
Hideki Suzuki
Senior Technical Artist
PlatinumGames Inc.
Apr 2023 - Present - 2 months

Software Engineer
ポリフォニー·デジタル (Polyphony Digital)
Aug 2019 - Mar 2023 - 3 years & 8 months​
643 to Go on the Road to 1000 PlatinumGames Troops!

Last edited:
New P*Poll goes live July 1, 2023, vote for the first time or change your previous choice in the existing poll before its too late!!!!!
来てますよ…
They’re Coming…
FwVtUUoWwAIEbcJ
FwVteXkWAAkLmKr

購入…
Buy…
神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya (@PG_kamiya)
2x1_NSwitchDS_ArcadeArchivesArkArea.jpg

[NSW] Ark Area <STG> (UPL, 1989) {2023.05.18}*​
*PS4 version is Japan/Asia only because reasons​
P* Grave Digger
WE STILL ALIVE
February 2006.

The company we worked for, Clover Studios, went kaput. Although there had been rumors of a possible crisis even before that, it was still news to those of us in the development department, far away from the CAPCOM head honchos in Osaka.

At that time, we had a strange confidence. We were a small manufacturer now, but we were sure we could make a name for ourselves. With our current staff, once the two titles we are developing now are released to the world, game enthusiasts will understand us, and they will look at us and our work differently. But that hope was crushed. We could not help but feel frustrated.

Eventually, our frustration changed form and stayed with us.

With the spread of the Internet, misinformation about PlatinumGames, or someone's speculation, began to spread as if it were fact. However, we could not ask people to correct what they wrote on their own websites or on bulletin boards, so we could only watch and wait.

However, people who claimed to be fans of PlatinumGames often took a negative attitude toward unsubstantiated rumors, and the misinformation that was spreading was gradually being weeded out. We felt that we had to respond to the needs of those who wanted correct information. That is why we launched this website.

We hope that you, our fans, will enjoy this site as much as we do.

Grave digger and administrator
Atsushi Inaba

Cooperating Grave Diggers
Kamiya / Mikami / Minami / Yamane
Thanks to sales wizard @Chris1964 for compiling all this juicy sales data so that even a damn fool like me can put two & two together to just about work out that it equals four. Compiled the domestic retail sales figures for PlatinumGames below, brief look at catalogue sales, new releases in CY2022 with bonus early 2023 data. Updated all 3 OPs with sales & staff info.
Media Create Sales: CY 2022 (2022 Jan 03 - 2023 Jan 01)
067./000. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 65.068 / NEW (33.980 <61,78%>)
068./000. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 61.520 / NEW (40.386 <51,14%>)
158./000. [NSW] Bayonetta <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.09.30} (¥3.480) - 18.835 / NEW (6.236 <28,60%>)
197./501. [NSW] Bayonetta 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2018.02.17} (¥5.980) - 14.055 / 56.570 (+358%) (9.532 <24,38%>)
290./000. [PS4] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 7.453 / NEW (3.541 <32,46%>)
298./119. [PS4] NieR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2019.02.21} (¥4.800) - 7.140 / 155.575 (-76%) (21.326 <72,01%>)
362./000. [PS5] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 5.267 / NEW (2.631 <28,18%>)
637./000. [NSW] Sol Cresta: Dramatic Edition <STG> (SuperDeluxe Games) {2022.11.24} (¥4.980) - 1.936 / NEW (1.185 <39,96%>)
882./000. [PS4] Sol Cresta: Dramatic Edition <STG> (SuperDeluxe Games) {2022.11.24} (¥4.980) - 1.016 / NEW (719 <41,34%>)

Media Create Sales: CY 2022 Used (2022 Jan 03 - 2023 Jan 01)

350./219. [NSW] Astral Chain # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.08.30} (¥7.980) - 3.265 / 37.664 (-54%) (106.823 <54,46%>)
Bayonetta 2 being reissued leading it to be way up year on year, is a very positive sign not just for more people wanting to play the series but also for Nintendo making physical copies available in greater numbers when a new entry is launched. Curious if they do this with any other Switch games (Pikmin 3 Deluxe for instance). NieR Automata Dramatic Shift PS4 -> NSW.
Media Create Sales: CY 2019 (2018 Dec 31 - 2019 Dec 29)
076./000. [NSW] Astral Chain # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.08.30} (¥7.980) - 61.854 / NEW (38.021 <80,31%>)
Shipments (Japan): CY 2019 (2019 Jan 1 - 2019 Dec 31)
[NSW] Astral Chain # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.08.30} (¥7.980) - 160.000 / NEW
Media Create Sales: CY 2020 (2019 Dec 30 - 2021 Jan 03)
338./076. [NSW] Astral Chain # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.08.30} (¥7.980) - 6.416 / 68.270 (-90%) (38.021 <80,31%>)
Media Create Sales: CY 2021 Used (2021 Jan 04 - 2022 Jan 02)
219./132. [NSW] Astral Chain # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.08.30} (¥7.980) - 7.050 / 34.400 (-57%) (103.362 <49,88%>)
103,362 - 34,400 = 68,962
68,962 - 68,270 = 692 new retail copies sold in CY2021.
Media Create Sales: CY 2022 Used (2022 Jan 03 - 2023 Jan 01)
350./219. [NSW] Astral Chain # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.08.30} (¥7.980) - 3.265 / 37.664 (-54%) (106.823 <54,46%>)
106,823 - 37,664 = 69,159
69,159 - 68,962 = 197 new retail copies sold in CY2022
Ok first of all, why are people trading in Astral Chain stopit.gif as retail sales slowed to a crawl while used is over half of new sales. The ¥10,000 eShop elephant in the room are the vouchers & how much it has sold overall in Japan. Takahisa Taura working on Final Fantasy XVI doesn't necessarily rule out Astral sequel(s) being unChained in future.
Media Create Sales: CY 2022 (2022 Jan 03 - 2023 Jan 01)
067./000. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 65.068 / NEW (33.980 <61,78%>)
First Shipment 55,002
While it didn't explode out of the glory to humanity gates (kids, don't try this at home!), the first shipment was cleaned out early November based on the October figures below, confirmed that sold an additional 12,892 retail copies in Japan from October 31, 2022 - January 1, 2023. See the Platinum Preliminary 2023 section below for its monthly Media Create figures.
Media Create Sales: Oct 2022 (Oct 03 - Oct 30)*
04./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 52.176 / NEW
*Top 30 Software - Nintendo Switch
main.jpg

Seductive fragrance that shocks the rational mind
Melting sexy floriental notes
Ylang-ylang petals blooming wildly pour down in a lustrous tone. No one can resist its sensually luscious fragrance.
When cedarwood is fragrant with the deep sweetness of tuberose, a moonlight fragrance, the impression of suppleness soars to new heights.
This is a fragrance that will lure you to a beautiful witch and free your body and soul from the closed world.
158./000. [NSW] Bayonetta <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.09.30} (¥3.480) - 18.835 / NEW (6.236 <28,60%>)
First Shipment 21,804
2,969 left, not bad for the what is it now, fourth release of this game at retail in Japan (PS3/360, WiiU, PS4), shows the original game has enduring appeal, as did the reprint for Bayonetta 2.
068./000. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 61.520 / NEW (40.386 <51,14%>)
First Shipment 78,971
17,451 copies remain...for the first shipment, not the overall amount of retail copies on shelves. Learning the hard way that it's a fool's errand to over analyse the shipment estimates via the Weekly Famitsu Top 30 due to re-orders coming in thick & fast. All that effort working out first shipments was for naught, NAUGHT I tell yee! So we'll have to go deeper in mid-2024!
Media Create Sales: Oct 2022 (Oct 03 - Oct 30)*
05./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 40.386 / NEW
Media Create Sales: Nov 2022 (Oct 31 - Dec 04)*

22./05. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 16.746 / 57.132 (-59%)
61,520 - 57,132 = 4,388 retail copies sold from December 5, 2022 - January 1, 2023. 150,000 - 78,971 = 71,029. Digital being less than <71,029. My previous sums based on Famitsu.
Shipments: CY 2022 (2022 Jan 01 - 2022 Dec 31)
[NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 150.000 / NEW
56./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6,980) - 61,683 / NEW

Bayonetta 3: 61,683 - 54,737 = 6,946 retail copies sold from Week 46 until Dec 25th, 2022.
150,000 is the total retail & digital for Japan as of December 31st, so bearing in mind the missing Famitsu days (26/12 - 31/12) here's a preliminary look at the possible sales breakdown.
Retail: 91,228 - 61,683 = 29,545. 103,213 - 61,683 = 41,530. If there were no further retail shipments (yea, about that...) that would mean somewhere between 29,545 - 41,530 unsold copies as of 25th Dec.
Digital: 150,000 - 91,228 = 58,772. 150,000 - 103,213 = 46,787. Digital copies estimated sold 46,787 - 58,772 as of 31st Dec. Digital represents anywhere between 31% - 39% (maths! help?) of total sales.
290./000. [PS4] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 7.453 / NEW (3.541 <32,46%>)
362./000. [PS5] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 5.267 / NEW (2.631 <28,18%>)
First & Only Shipment [PS4] 10,909 & [PS5] 9,336
Depending on whether or not the domestic retail version of the game was removed from sale before delisting that means 3,456 & 4,069 copies for PS4 & PS5 respectively have accompanied Japanese E.T into the pit of sales hell. Maybe one day, after enough time to heal any wounds, people involved will be willing to talk about what happened with this game.
637./000. [NSW] Sol Cresta: Dramatic Edition <STG> (SuperDeluxe Games) {2022.11.24} (¥4.980) - 1.936 / NEW (1.185 <39,96%>)
882./000. [PS4] Sol Cresta: Dramatic Edition <STG> (SuperDeluxe Games) {2022.11.24} (¥4.980) - 1.016 / NEW (719 <41,34%>)
First Shipments [NSW] 2,965 & [PS4] 1,739
1,029 & 723 copies to go-go baby. Low print runs & the late November release means it's not something to be unduly concerned about. Plus there was new DLC in December based on the previous Cresta titles. Real question is whether or not the future Neo-Classic Arcade titles will be handled at retail by SuperDeluxe Games or will PlatinumGames look to self-publish.
PlatinumPreliminary
Media Create Sales: Jan 2023 (Jan 02 - Feb 05)*
27./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 11.164 / 76.232
76,232 - 11,164 = 65,068. 65,068 - 52,176 = 12,892 retail copies sold Oct 31 - Jan 01.
Media Create Sales: Feb 2023 (Feb 06 - Mar 05)*
30./27. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 7.464 / 83.696 (-33%)
PS Store Sales: May 2023 (May 01 - May 31)
06./18. [PS4] NieR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) {2019.02.21} (¥4.800)
Considering the animated TV adaptation is MIA minus Chuck Norris it's notable how the PS Store Sales are holding up. Question is will the series return in time for a CY2023 sales bump?
Famitsu Weekly Sales 2022 replaced with Media Create Sales: CY 2022 Sales Data in the OP now the Top 1000 results have been made available.
Famitsu Sales: Week 10, 2022 (Feb 28 - Mar 06)
24./00. [PS4] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 2.885 / NEW <20-40%>
27./00. [PS5] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 2.224 / NEW <20-40%>
Famitsu Sales: Week 40, 2022 (Sep 26 - Oct 02)
18./00. [NSW] Bayonetta <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.09.30} (¥3.480) - 5.128 / 14.538 <40-60%>
Physical: 5.128 / Retail DL Code: 9.410
(If as @PillFencer points out here the above sales include retail DL code sales prior to the physical version being released).
19./08. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 3.170 / 48.167 <80-100%> (-38%)
  • First Shipment Estimates: 68,808 - 103,213 (Bayonetta 3)
  • First Shipment Estimates: 85,647 - 103,213 (Bayonetta 3)
  • First Shipment Estimates: 91,228 - 103,213
62./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4,800) - 57,655 / NEW

NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition: 57,655 - 50,391 = 7,264 retail copies sold from Week 45 until Dec 25th, 2022.
Retail: 91,228 - 61,683 = 29,545. 103,213 - 61,683 = 41,530. If there were no further retail shipments (Tidus: ha ha ha ha!) that would mean somewhere between 29,545 - 41,530 unsold copies as of 25th Dec.

Last edited:
Fav Summer PlatinumGames Fest
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and The Lost Demon
The Wonderful One: After School Hero
Final Fantasy XVI

PLAY EVERYONE!
blade-wolf-metal-gear-rising.gif
d3e3bba5639ed38a8c99185e16245a2492131da2.gif
Famitsu Sales: Week 26, 2023 (Jun 19 - Jun 25)
01./00. [PS5] Final Fantasy XVI # <RPG> (Square EnixPlatinumGames) {2023.06.22} (¥9.000) - 336.027 / NEW <80-100%>
Famitsu Sales: Week 8, 2013 (Feb 18 - Feb 24)
01./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ACT> (KonamiPlatinumGames) {2013.02.21} (¥6.980) - 335.791 / NEW
336,027 - 335,791 = a mere 236 difference, neck & neck after the first week, best debut yet for PlatinumGames *it still counts.gif* shall have to see how this Platinum Tier sales race develops. Not sure how to replace the current poll that ended with a new one asking people to choose between FFXVI & MGR:R but no matter, here's the Media Create Sales numbers for comparison.
Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2013 (Feb 18 - Feb 24)
01./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ACT> (KonamiPlatinumGames) {2013.02.21} (¥6.980) - 308.681 / NEW
Media Create Sales: 2013 CY (2012 Dec 31 - 2013 Dec 29)
012./000. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ACT> (KonamiPlatinumGames) {2013.02.21} (¥6.980) - 424.743 / NEW
584./000. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Special Edition] <ACT> (KonamiPlatinumGames) {2013.12.05} (¥2.480) - 7.315 / NEW
424,743 + 7,315 = 432,058
Media Create Sales: 2014 CY (2013 Dec 30 - 2014 Dec 28)
354./584. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Special Edition] <ACT> (KonamiPlatinumGames) {2013.12.05} (¥2.480) - 14.138 / 21.452 (3.612 <62,32%>)
662./012. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ACT> (KonamiPlatinumGames) {2013.02.21} (¥6.980) - 4.116 / 428.858 (308.681 <64,02%>)
21,452 + 428,858 = 450,310
"Whadya buyin!? Heard that in a game once."
Bayonetta 3 (Switch) 31 (42.5%)
NieR Automata The End of YorHA Edition (Switch) 6 (8.2%)
"Flock off, feather-face!" I'm buying all of the above. 32 (43.8%)
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon (Switch) 0 (0.0%)
"Put your foot down, Cheshire! I'll take care of our little pest problem." Buying all three. 3 (4.1%)
NieR Miss, Pass the Bayo! - getting Bayonetta 3 & Bayonetta Origins. 1 (1.4%)
WE WILL NOW EXECUTE THE TASK
OF INTRODUCING THE MULTIPLE BEGINNINGS & ENDINGS
FOR THE ANIME PRODUCTION OF NIER AUTOMATA

Emil cause his fusion reactor to go out of control,
turning the planet into a dead chunk of rock
tumbling through the vast vacuum of an uncaring universe.

TVアニメ『NieR:Automata Ver1.1a』 第9話(Chapter.9)以降の放送·配信再開について
Resumption of Broadcast and Distribution of TV Animation "NieR:Automata Ver1.1a" Episode 9
(Chapter.9) and Subsequent Episodes
<Broadcast Information>
July 23 (Sun.), 2023, 4 episodes from Episode 9 will be aired on TOKYO MX & other stations. (Chapter.9, Chapter.10, Chapter.11, Chapter.12)
『NieR:Automata Ver1.1a』放送再開記念生配信が決定!
A live broadcast will be held to commemorate the resumption of "NieR:Automata Ver1.1a" broadcasting and distribution!
Familiar members of the "NieR:Automata" team will appear to discuss the charms of the work.
Please be sure to tune in before the broadcast of episodes 9 and beyond.

Live distribution to commemorate the resumption of "NieR:Automata Ver1.1a" broadcasting!
Date of distribution
Sunday, July 23, 18:00~.

Distribution platform
DMM TV
Aniplex official YouTube channel
Simultaneous distribution.

Appearance
YOKOWO Tarou
Yosuke Saito
Keiichi Okabe
Takahisa Taura
Ryoji Masuyama
Hiroki Yasumoto

Both articles Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Curious if whatever productions issues are visible in the latest episodes or it'll lead to any noticeable improvements. Plus will it leads to NieR Automata: The End of YorHA Edition reappearing in the Famitsu Top 30 on Switch (plus the PSN monthly Top 20 on PS4). The return of the show, plus the streaming event are just another bonus piece in the Pile 'em On PlatinumGames Summer Fest 2023 (hey where's Project G.G. *shhh*, so be sure to cast your stylish vote in the new P* Poll. Hideki Kamiya's Message from The Wonderful One reveals all;
When it became clear that we’d be creating a spin-off game as a reward for our Kickstarter project backers, I was buzzing with excitement at the thought of getting to come back to world of The Wonderful 101 once again! The idea to focus on Luka’s heroic ventures not depicted in the main story, as well as making the experience a classic side-scrolling type of game completely different to The Wonderful 101 gameplay, both came out naturally. At the time we were brainstorming ideas for game, Yosuke Matsumura (who had just finished working on another project and had some free time on his hands) raised his hand and volunteered to be the director of this spin-off. He had no prior experience as a director, but as I always want to give a chance to creators who show enthusiasm, I decided to entrust him with the job. As we started to iron out the details of the game, Matsumura had the idea to go back in time to just a little earlier than the main story’s epilogue and depict how Luka became qualified as a full member of the CENTINELS.

The game was also developed within a limited time frame, with all the staff in a small team working together with passion and enjoying the exchange of ideas, resulting in the creation of a unique experience for players and fans.
Seeing as he last worked on Babylon's Fall, did its short lived live & death lead to a lifeline for the much maligned crowdfunding of The Wonderful 101: Remastered long overdue Luka DLC? No idea! Be sure to check it out as its free...or you can pay a $9.99.gif fine ('And it’s reasonably priced!' - Yuji Nakao) for it, as punishment for not buying The Wonderful Main Game.
Yosuke Matsumura
After working on UI, system, scenario, and video production at his previous job, he joined PlatinumGames as a Game Designer in 2017. As a UI Designer, he was in charge of menu and HUD design for “Babylon’s Fall”. “The Wonderful One: After School Hero” is his directorial debut.
If you've got some free time & wish to join PlatinumGames so that you too can join the band of 1000 Platinum Brothers & Sisters then cast hastega & learn Japanese before its too late!!!
Summer hiring has started! (updated 06/28/2023)
We are currently hiring for the following positions for the summer
Artist (graphic designer)
Game Designer (Planning)
Sound (music composer)
Next application deadline: Tuesday, July 25

Last edited:
The End of Platinum Life & Witch Times of Hideki Kamiya Times - No More Next Week Edition
Plenty going on with PlatinumGames which I'll catch up on later once the dust settles on the latest twist in the shocking self-publishing arc. News reverberating worldwide about Hide... take Irie's departure to join thirdverse. Hidetake Irie had been working as a Senior Producer To Executive Officer and General Manager at PlatinumGames for the last 3 years (zoominfo).
article-2023-09-20.jpg

Hidetake Irie, formerly of Sega and Platinum Games, has been named Executive Vice President of Business Development at Thirdverse, a developer of VR games
thirdverse news article
20 September 2023 (via DeepL Translation)​
(Headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; CEO: Hironao Kunimitsu) is pleased to announce the appointment of Hidetake Irie, formerly of Sega and Platinum Games, as its new Executive Officer/VP of Business Development. He will focus on strengthening the company's business divisions, including branding strategy, content partnership development, and platform relationships.
Involved in the development and operation of 68 titles, including console, PC online, and social games, as well as in business development, including the establishment and operation of an animation production committee, IP creation, and partnering strategies with external partners.

Started a developer business.
Involved in the development of major publishers as a representative director and producer for 20 years.
Cave Inc.
General Manager / Producer
SEGA Corporation
Social Games Division, where he served as Production Manager of Production 1, Deputy General Manager of Production Department, General Manager of Planning and Development Promotion Department, and Chief Producer.
Social Game Division: General Manager of Production Department 1, Deputy General Manager of Production Department, General Manager of Planning and Development Department, and Chief Producer.
Klab
General Manager, Producer, Klab K.K.
General Manager, Producer
PlatinumGames
General Manager, Producer, Platinum Games Co.
Senior Executive Officer, Executive Officer, General Manager, General Manager of Development Division 4, Producer
With Mr. Irie joining Thirdverse, we are one step closer to becoming the world's best VR game studio!
We will create a more creator-first development environment than ever before, further strengthen our relationships with external parties, and create the best VR games possible!
- Hironao Kunimitsu, CEO​
Globally, the VR game market has finally laid the groundwork and is on a rapid expansion trend. In the midst of this, platformers are competing with each other, major publishers are planning to launch major IPs, and various startups are beginning to succeed.
In Japan, Thirdverse is at the forefront of VR software development. As a development studio, we are working to recruit talented people and build a team that can lead the world.
I am convinced that we are a company that can provide a memorable VR experience for VR game users all over the world.
I am pleased to be a part of this endeavor, and I look forward to helping to make it a success.
Please look forward to the future of Thirdverse.
- Hidetake Irie, Executive Vice President​
We look forward to what is gets up to in the next stage of his career. Soul Covenant, due in 2024 has some heavyweights leading the way on its staff credits so he's in fine company. Oh and in some other less important news Atsushi 'Druckmann' Inaba continues his reign of P* terror as he casually dispenses with someone midst of a mid-life crisis taking a Lambo Leap Year Off Work. Based on the video below he's been Quiet Quitting for the past 3 months ago & eventually got found out for not being in the office much. Compiling his P* antics here...
tumblr_ml86l35qwC1r01oj1o1_400.gif

clover
Get Your Happy & Lucky.

Hideki Kamiya - Vice President & Chief Game Designer.
Born in Matsumoto, Nagano prefecture in 1970, Hideki Kamiya joined Capcom in 1994, making his directorial debut with Resident Evil 2 in 1998. While at Capcom, he directed the original titles Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe. In 2006 he created Okami, a nostalgic tribute to Japanese folklore that was awarded the Grand Prize for Entertainment at the Japan Media Arts Festival that same year. Since coming to PlatinumGames, he’s directed Bayonetta (2009) and The Wonderful 101 (2013).
In January 2022, he became the PlatinumGames Vice President. As Chief Game Designer, he is dedicated to ensuring and improving the quality of all PlatinumGames titles. In February 2022, he released and was the creative director for SOL CRESTA, the first in the new NEO-CLASSIC ARCADE series. He is no longer currently working as the director of the game codenamed Project G.G.
F61m7ZHagAA5PJD

As announced on the official PlatinumGames X account,I will be leaving PlatinumGames on October 12, 2023.This came after a lot of consideration based on my own beliefs.and was by no means an easy decision to make.(1/2)​
However, I feel this outcome is for the best. I will continue to create in my Hideki Kamiya way.I hope you'll keep your eyes peeled.(2/2)​

"Good morning everyone... And I thought I would be bullied more because of my usual behavior, but I am so excited to receive so many words of support... thank you so much... I'm not worried about my future at all... as long as I have your support, I will continue to make games, and I will do my best not to disappoint you...

When I decided to quit, many of my old and young colleagues and staff regretted my decision, and some even shed tears for someone like me... I realized once again that I was only possible with the support of the people around me... I will continue to be grateful for the help of others...
I will continue to believe in the spirit of creation that I have always believed in through my career with Capcom No.4 Development, Clover Studio, and Platinum, no matter what anyone says... and I will continue to create works that live up to that spirit... I don't know if I will be able to continue to make games that live up to that belief... I don't have a formula for success, but I promise to aim for it..."

パンツが見たことないレベルで破けてるのに今気付いた…
I just noticed my P*ants are ripped at a level I've never seen before...​

oscar-diaz-final-0-00-00-00.jpg

I ain't retired yet...
RP @MushroomStew2
Good morning, Mr. Kamiya! Hope you have a good retirement!​
PT_Movie.png

Happy Go-Lucky April Fools
Champagne Dreams
[TBA] Neo-Classic Arcade Series - Volume 02-10 - Don't Call Me Retro // [TBA] Project G.G. - Henshin A No GO-GO!?!​
Interview: Platinum explains why The Wonderful One needed to go solo
Vice president Hideki Kamiya, director Yosuke Matsumura and producer Yuji Nakao discuss the standalone release
The Wonderful One appears to have a similar gameplay style to Vol 5 of the Neo Classic Arcade series (the so-called ‘Pt Spectacular Side-Scrolling Action’ which has the tentative title ‘Cutie Pt’). Did the same team work on both, and are any of the lessons learnt while developing The Wonderful One being carried over to development of that game?
KAMIYA:
When the team was talking about that, we actually thought it would be good to revisit Vol 5 of the Neo-Classic Arcade series after we’d completed work on The Wonderful One.
We’re using some of the know-how that we gained during The Wonderful One and are reusing it in Vol 5. Obviously, we’ll include unique pillars and concepts for Vol 5 on its own, but it would be good to use some of the ideas and experiences that were built in The Wonderful One and fuse those into Neo-Classic Arcade Vol 5.

So is it the same team working on Neo-Classic Arcade Vol 5?
KAMIYA:
It’s completely different teams working on both games.

Finally, we know you’re a big fan of retro games, Kamiya-san, particularly the Arcade Archives series released by Hamster Corporation. Every week you’re tweeting about the latest release, so it’s clear you have a passion for it. Including its separate Neo Geo series, Hamster has now re-released more than 370 classic arcade games on modern systems – is there any retro game it hasn’t added yet that you would love to see?
KAMIYA:
First of all, I don’t like the word ‘retro game’. I’m obviously not a native English speaker so it might be something I’m interpreting from a Japanese perspective, but hearing the word ‘retro’ from a Japanese viewpoint, suggests more of a “fad” brought back from a past era and reskinned for the current era.

So I prefer the terms ‘old games’ or ‘classic games’, because they show more respect to those games of the past.

I love games from all generations, and just because the game is ‘retro’ doesn’t mean it’s retro, because it’s the same game that existed years or decades ago – it still exists and it’s still playable and it’s still an experience that’s very unique in its own right – so there’s really no need to refer to it as ‘retro’ because it still does have special memories and experiences that stay with you after all these years.

That’s why I like to use the term “classic games”. *me: nods*
World Record Breaking Climax!!!
b4c660ac4c2dc73ed1a691548643d3f41568780251_full.jpg
ninjakid_01.jpg
EEtZrHEUUAAMkl0.jpg

Guinness World Record for [NSW/PS4] Arcade Archives Ninja-Kid (UPL) Caravan mode, 158,680 points (21/05/18)

Last edited:
STAFF COUNT
See I really was looking up staff counts rather than sending reports, only for PlatinumGames was stylishly late to the party getting crazy so the Devil May Cry time for idle keyboard hands. Meaning that against my better Gears of War Judgement I took a break from reading riveting People Can Fly IR pages & ended up losing my Stylish cool ranking & flipping tables Miyamoto-Style reading the not so Wonderful episode 101 of The Garden of Madness instead. :p And on that (long-winded preamble) bombshell, I shall now Viewtifully segue-way from this Okami-esque unstoppable, unskippable intro & MOVE ON to the staff count cyber stalking shit-show…in just a minute! First I'll respond to a video posted by @Joseki

突然プラチナゲームズを辞めた神谷英樹さんがYouTubeチャンネル開設していた件​

Hideki Kamiya, who suddenly quit Platinum Games, opened a YouTube channel.
@user-um1tj9rw4g
ビューティフルジョー、大神、ベヨネッタ、どの作品の世界観も好きです。
ビューティフルジョー3・・もう出ないのかなあ・・。

I love the world of Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Bayonetta, and all of them.
Viewtiful Joe 3... I wonder if it will ever come out again...​
Yoshiki Okamoto to hire Kamiya_kun for Genji 3 confirmed! Language & oceans may divide us @user-um1tj9rw4g but games directed by Hideki Kamiya will Multi-Unite us all! Game development really is like DragonBall fusion confirmed too! Plus his rediscovered love of aquariums mean that it's only a matter of time before Hideki Kamiya makes a fishy face cameo in Yoot Saito's Seaman 3 (or should that be S3aman, geddit?). While I did intend my last post to be the last word on the matter, putting a CAP(COM) on proceedings, both you & he may have missed something. Which is that, in theory means there's nothing stopping SEGA licensing the Bayonetta IP to Hideki Kamiya when he's no longer grounded by Demon Druckmann Lord Inaba.

Really all depends on the exact status of the current ownership of the Bayonetta IP lie vis a vis any games funded, published & owned by Nintendo. Likewise for any work in progress on any sequels or spin offs prior to his resignation. Alternatively SEGA could license the IP to both PlatinumGames & Hideki Kamiya. Multiple Multi-Verse Hot Bayo-on-Bayo Character Action!!!!! No joke, I genuinely want this to happen now so that we get as many Bayonetta games as possible, ideally they'll come out at the same time for extra climactic spice & stylish rivalry.

Oh & what about The Wonderful 101 IP, all that effort to bring it in-house rather than go with the Nintendo date that brought you here is all for naught. The more you think about how this could impact the publicly stated early plans at P* to own IP & self publish titles alongside its existing contract work & embryonic GAAS initiative. But that's not why I'm here, well it might be, as it could all be connected Super Mario Galaxy Brain style as it might explain why staff count fell post-July. Previously on PlatinumGamesZ Hideki Man Stylish Titanic was cruising A-OK...
THE P* EXPANSION PACKAGE
361 Platinum Party People (July 1, 2023)
Three studios, its main office in the Umeda Sky Building, Osaka, PlatinumGames Tokyo on GAAS light duty & now PlatinumGames FUKUOKA.
Representing an increase of 40 from February 1st, 2023 with multiple open positions, plus an internship programme due summer 2023.
639 to Go on the Road to 1000 PlatinumGames Troops!
...until suddenly disaster struck!
Catching GAASy wind of an Iceberg at Pimms O' Clock!
The fateful decision was made by the intern on Call of Duty to go full steam ahead.
The former CAPCOM Captains awoke to an almighty
CRASH!
BANG!
WALLOP!
360 (as of Aug. 1, 2023) - Middle Aged Man Overboard!?!
357 (279 male, 78 female) (as of Sep. 1, 2023) 357名(男性:279名、女性78名)(2023年9月1日現在
353 (276 male, 77 female) (as of Oct. 1, 2023) 男性:276名 女性:77名 (合計:353名)(2023年10月現在)
346 (272 male, 74 female) (as of Nov. 1, 2023) 346名(男性:272名、女性74名)(2023年11月1日現在)
345 (270 male, 75 female) (as of Dec. 1, 2023) 345名(男性:270名、女性75名)(2023年12月1日現在)

vagrant-story-matsuno.gif
the-coven-retired.gif
17b95c4d87de94a3eae2343b089018c1.jpg
Now the New P* Model Army finds itself down 16 with a daunting 655 to Go on the Road to 1000 PlatinumGames Troops. Where are the reinforcements, fresh recruits to fight the good fight?
PGMYPAGE
AXOL24 P*
登録フォーム
現在受付を行っておりません
Registration Form
We are not accepting applications at this time.
vagrant-story-square-enix.gif
vagrant-story.jpg

プラチナゲームズ公式ブログ
プラチナゲームズ2025年度 新卒採用 会社説明会 予約受付中!!
2025卒の方対象の新卒採用会社説明会について、現在ご予約を受付中です!

Platinum Games Official Blog
Platinum Games 2025 New Graduate Recruitment Company Information Session - Reservations Now Accepted!
November 27, 2023

We are now accepting reservations for the company information session for new graduates for the year 2025!
Reservations can be made through our My Page.
Those who have entered our internship program through Mynavi, Riku Navi, or Platinum Games' official website will be issued a "PG MYPAGE" account and will receive information on how to make reservations via email and letter. If you have not yet entered, please register now!

If you have not yet registered, please do so now!

>>> We are looking forward to hearing from you! < < <

>> > Click here for the entry form for new graduate recruitment in 2025! < < <

At the company information session, we will directly convey various information including a message from the President and Representative Director and the selection process. We will also have a real-time Q&A session with our recruiting staff to help you better understand our company and employment opportunities in the game industry.

Each session will last approximately 30 minutes, and you will be able to participate by watching the ZOOM webinar. If you are at all interested in working for Platinum Games or in the game industry, please register with "PG MYPAGE" and attend the company information sessions!

The dates of the company information sessions that are currently accepting reservations are as follows

Friday, December 01, 2023 from 5:00 p.m.
Friday, December 15, 2023 from 12:30 p.m.

Each person may attend as many company information sessions as they wish! We look forward to seeing you at the information sessions when you are available.

We look forward to seeing you there!
All company information sessions for this fiscal year will be held online.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Are these Kamiya shaped bald bumps in the road a temporary setback or is it a not so Wonderful Coincidence?
Will the Road to Rome One Thousand Knights in Platinum Armour Ever Run in a Straight Up Line Again!

Have we reached PEAK PLATINUM?!?
vagrant-story-playstation-1.gif
vagrant_story-vs.gif
Find out Next Month in the latest not-so exciting episode of Company Overview WatchZ! Or sooner if P* have some LOST ORDER to restore at The Game Awards. Yes? No! Maybe? No idea!
Please wait on the Menu Screen for one minute for the back story cut-scene that covers the past events which I'll continue to check each month going forward to see how it all plays out.
Company Overview (Japanese/English)
Web Archive (Japanese/English)
Staff Count from Date Founded: February 2006 - December 2015 unknown. PlatinumGames might not have always updated staff counts monthly during 2016 - 2017 (2018 - 2020 tbc).
Number of Employees / (Male,Female) (where available) / (as of first of the month, year)
179 (148 male, 31 female) (as of Jan. 1, 2016) 179名(男性:148名、女性31名)(2016年1月1日現在
193 (163 male, 30 female) (as of Sep. 1, 2016)
197 (168 male, 29 female) (as of Feb. 1, 2017)
197 (167 male, 30 female) (as of June 1, 2017)
194 (164 male, 30 female) (as of July 1, 2017) 194名(男性:164名、女性30名)(2017年7月1日現在
195 (164 male, 31 female) (as of Sep. 1, 2017)
197 (163 male, 34 female) (as of Jan. 1, 2018) 197名(男性:163名、女性34名)(2018年1月1日現在
195 (161 male, 34 female) (as of Feb. 1, 2018) 195名(男性:161名、女性34名)(2018年2月1日現在
193 (as of March 1, 2018)
209 (as of April 1, 2018)
>>> May 2018 (???)
210 (172 male, 38 female) (as of June 1, 2018) 210名(男性:172名、女性38名)(2018年6月1日現在
212 (as of July 1, 2018)
211 (174 male, 37 female) (as of August 1, 2018) 211名(男性:174名、女性37名)(2018年8月1日現在
>>> Sep. 2018 (???)
209 (as of October 1, 2018)
>>> Nov. 2018 (???)
207 (as of December 1, 2018)
206 (169 male, 37 female) (as of Jan. 1, 2019) 206名(男性:169名、女性37名)(2019年1月1日現在
>>> Feb. 2019 (???)
>>> Mar. 2019 (???)
214 (as of Apr. 1, 2019)
211 (172 male, 39 female) (as of May 1, 2019) 211名(男性:172名、女性39名)(2019年5月1日現在
>>> June 2019 (???)
>>> July 2019 (???)
>>> Aug. 2019 (???)
224 (as of September 1, 2019)
>>> Oct. 2019 (???)
>>> Nov. 2019 (???)
>>> Entered into a deal with the devil capital alliance with Tencent Holdings Limited (Dec. 2019)
>>> Jan. 2020 (???)
>>> Feb. 2020 (???)
>>> Mar. 2020 (???)
>>> Opened PLATINUMGAMES TOKYO (April 2020)
256 (205 male, 51 female) (as of May 1, 2020) 256名(男性:205名、女性51名)(2020年5月1日現在
>>> June 2020 (???)
>>> July 2020 (???)
265 (as of Aug. 1, 2020)
269 (214 male, 55 female) (as of Sept. 1, 2020) 269名(男性:214名、女性55名)(2020年9月1日現在
267 (213 male, 54 female) (as of Oct. 1, 2020) 267名(男性:213名、女性54名)(2020年10月1日現在
267 (as of Nov. 1, 2020)
271 (215 male, 56 female) (as of Dec. 1, 2020) 271名(男性:215名、女性56名)(2020年12月1日現在
272 (217 male, 55 female) (as of Jan. 1, 2021) 272名(男性:217名、女性55名)(2021年1月1日現在
269 (213 male, 56 female) (as of Feb. 1, 2021) 269名(男性:213名、女性56名)(2021年2月1日現在
274 (as of Mar. 1, 2021)
288 (230 male, 58 female) (as of Apr. 1, 2021) 288名(男性:230名、女性58名)(2021年4月1日現在
289 (as of May 1, 2021)
289 (as of June 1, 2021)
287 (231 male, 56 female) (as of, July 1, 2021) 287名(男性:231名、女性56名)(2021年7月1日現在
287 (as of Aug. 1, 2021)
287 (229 male, 58 female) (as of Sep. 1, 2021) 287名(男性:229名、女性58名)(2021年9月1日現在
286 (230 male, 56 female) (as of Oct. 1, 2021) 286名(男性:230名、女性56名)(2021年10月1日現在
292 (233 male, 59 female) (as of Nov. 1, 2021) 292名(男性:233名、女性59名)(2021年11月1日現在)
>>> Dec. 1, 2021 (???)
294 (234 male, 60 female) (as of Jan. 1, 2022) 294名(男性:234名、女性60名)(2022年1月1日現在
294 (234 male, 60 female) (as of Feb. 1, 2022) 294名(男性:234名、女性60名)(2022年2月1日現在
291 (as of Mar. 1, 2022)
299 (as of Apr. 1, 2022)
301 (240 male, 61 female) (as of May. 1, 2022) 301名(男性:240名、女性61名)(2022年5月1日現在
299 (237 male, 62 female) (as of June 1, 2022) 299名(男性:237名、女性62名)(2022年6月1日現在
299 (234 male, 65 female) (as of July 1, 2022) 299名(男性:234名、女性65名)(2022年7月1日現在
303 (as of Aug. 1, 2022)
303 (as of Oct. 1, 2022)
308 (as of Nov. 1, 2022)
>>> Opened PLATINUMGAMES FUKUOKA. (Nov. 2022)
313 (240 male, 73 female) (as of Dec. 1, 2022) 313名(男性:240名、女性73名)(2022年12月1日現在
316 (243 male, 73 female) (as of Jan. 1, 2023) via PlatinumGames mynavi24 recruitment page.
317 (as of Feb. 1, 2023)
319 (246 male, 73 female) (as of Mar. 1, 2023) 319名(男性:246名、女性73名)(2023年3月1日現在
>>> Apr. 2023 (???) there was a key staff count here before a major hiring spree...it's gone now.
355 (as of May. 1, 2023)
357 (277 male, 80 female) (as of June 1, 2023) via my post here & 357名(男性:277名、女性80名)(2023年6月1日現在
361 (as of July 1, 2023) my 3rd OP post these will also have to suffice which I've quoted above prior to any OP re-edit (same with my checking the site for November & December 2023)
360 (as of Aug. 1, 2023) - Middle Aged Man Overboard!?!
357 (279 male, 78 female) (as of Sep. 1, 2023) 357名(男性:279名、女性78名)(2023年9月1日現在
353 (276 male, 77 female) (as of Oct. 1, 2023) 男性:276名 女性:77名 (合計:353名)(2023年10月現在)
346 (272 male, 74 female) (as of Nov. 1, 2023) 346名(男性:272名、女性74名)(2023年11月1日現在)
345 (270 male, 75 female) (as of Dec. 1, 2023) 345名(男性:270名、女性75名)(2023年12月1日現在)

Last edited:
that direction was probably based around profitability and Kamiya's ideas lacking that

Maybe, but last year in a interview with Platinum CEO Atsushi Inaba, he says that they still want to do Live services games.

“There’s a lot that we learned from this experience, and it’s not changed our future plans or outlook moving forward regarding doing live service games at all. Live service games are definitely something we do want to do and put our effort in moving forward,”

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...n-babylons-fall-closure-were-extremely-sorry/

So maybe kamiya doesn't want to do live services games, and that's all, ant this point we can only speculate with the information available

World of Demons will no longer be available to download on Apple Arcade as of January 18, 2024. Please see the schedule below for more details. We extend our gratitude to all players who have enjoyed the game since release.

January 18, 2024: No longer available to download on Apple Arcade.
February 1, 2024: Downloads of the game will become unavailable to play.

Another failure of Platinum Publishing then. I'm still surprised they never bothered to spruce it up with adventure elements. Game looked barebones as hell when it released

Another failure of Platinum Publishing then. I'm still surprised they never bothered to spruce it up with adventure elements. Game looked barebones as hell when it released
I suspect it's probably just what was leftover from their Okami 2 pitch stretched out for an Apple deal. Platinum got paid though, I think this probably reflects worse on Apple than anything for curating and buying this turd.

There has been a slight change in the schedule regarding the end of service of the game World of Demons.World of Demons will become unavailable to play on January 31 2024.
We apologize for the inconvienience caused by the change.​
This (exclusive) deal gets worse all the time. Just as I was getting ready to pour one out at the The Gates of Hell to the Passing World of Demons only it turns out the game was removed a day early at short notice. Turns out even a Devil May Cry at the Detail of any Deal you made to take a bite out of the Apple of Knowledge. Will it be saved from Eternal Damnation or will the PORTal to Development Hell remain closed? What does it mean for the self-publishing initiative, will P* ever get off that damn boat & blaze a new path before they croak? too soon man.gif
ezgif-1-cec9426dc7.gif

PlatinumGames Official Blog
Regarding World of Demons End of Service
World of Demons will no longer be available to download on Apple Arcade as of January 18, 2024. Please see the schedule below for more details. We extend our gratitude to all players who have enjoyed the game since release.

NOTE 1/29/2024: There has been a change in date until which World of Demons can be played. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by the change.

January 18, 2024: No longer available to download on Apple Arcade.
February 1 January 31, 2024: Downloads of the game will become unavailable to play.
RIP WoD April 2, 2021 - February 1, January 31, 2024
FgLs1GFaAAAS1hq-600x338.jpg
340 (266 male, 74 female) (as of Jan. 9, 2024) 340名(男性:266名、女性74名)(2024年09月1日現在
337 (263 male, 74 female) (as of Feb. 1, 2024) 337名(男性:263名、女性74名)(2024年02月1日現在)
Anarchy-Reigns-Sasha-Ivanoff-video-games-37961554-500-250.gif

THE P* EXPANSION ON ICE PACKAGE
337 Platinum Party People (Feb 1, 2024)
Representing a defeat for 24 Weakened Umbra Witches from July 1st, 2023 by Masked Lumen Sages but there's still hope with multiple open positions.

663 to Go on the Longest Road to 1000 PlatinumGames Troops!
Think it'd be a good idea for PlatinumGames CEO & President Demon Lord Druckmann Inaba to discuss future plans as there's Mutiny on Board Flagship P*. Witch Time for more Umbran Recruits!
GdFuQi.gif

プラチナゲームズ公式ブログ
Platinum Games Official Blog
プラチナゲームズ2025年度 新卒採用 会社説明会 予約受付中!!
Platinum Games 2025 New Graduate Recruitment Company Information Session - Reservations are now being accepted!

2025卒の方対象の新卒採用会社説明会について、現在ご予約を受付中です!
We are now accepting reservations for our new graduate recruitment company information session for 2025 graduates!

ご予約は弊社の新卒採用専用マイページより、行っていただけます。
マイナビやリクナビ、プラチナゲームズ公式サイトから弊社のインターンシップにエントリーされた方には、『PG MYPAGE』のアカウントを発行しており、メール&レターを通じて予約方法のご案内をお送りしておりますが、まだエントリーされていない方は、ぜひ今すぐご登録ください!
Reservations can be made through "PG MYPAGE", our dedicated page for new graduate recruitment.
Those who have entered our internship program through Mynavi, Riku Navi, or the official Platinum Games website have been issued a "PG MYPAGE" account and will receive information on how to make reservations via email & letter. If you have not yet entered, please register now!

プラチナゲームズでは新卒採用へご応募される方には原則として、かならず会社説明会にご参加いただくようにお願いしております。
If you have not yet registered, please do so now!

>>> 2025年度新卒募集要項はこちら! <<<
>>> We are looking forward to your participation! < < <
>>> 2025年度新卒採用エントリーはこちら! <<<
>> > Click here for the entry form for new graduate recruitment in 2025! < < <
Plans to cover 2023 in review & thoughts on the year ahead but would like feedback from users on how to generate more discussion here. Wish to redesign the OPs, moving the sales data to the archive section so it's for Full Platinum Members only. Wonderful 101 ideas on what information to include to make them valuable resources, plus thoughts on P* in 2024 are more than welcome!

Back
Top Bottom