• Install Base's 1-year anniversary - Let's talk and celebrate!

Check out the thread here!

• Manga Sales | Discussion Thread

We have created a thread to talk about manga sales. Check out the thread here!

PlatinumGames // Strategic Bomba Command // non-stop climax bloody minded self-publishing action. // Multi-Verse Witch Time Displacement Extravaganza!

"Whadya buyin!? Heard that in a game once."

• Bayonetta 3 (Switch)

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • NieR Automata The End of YorHA Edition (Switch)

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • "Flock off, feather-face!" I'm buying all of the above.

Votes: 33 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MarcoP90

Mod Post

A few days ago, the thread's OP already issued an amicable call to everyone to avoid behaviours such as cross-site drama, but since it happened again not many hours ago, it looks like the time has come to issue a more official general warning: avoid mentioning other forums and communities (especially the likes of 4Chan) to instigate and / or rekindle cross-site drama. Install Base is a forum built on conversations and exchange of opinions, not the instigation of drama between different communities and talking about what happens "elsewhere" too much.

Since this is a general warning, there won't be any effect on anyone's history; but it is highly recommended to take a step back before indulging into kindling flames of cross-site drama in the thread. If it happens again, the moderation team will take action accordingly to the circumstances.

awng782

Can i post this?

Change 4,000$ to 10,000$ but she still claim $450M lol

She somewhat confirms Schreier's account of the situation, which differs from her original story to begin with.

She then disparages Schreier in a later Tweet by implicitly suggesting that he's being paid off by Platinum/Nintendo. How nice...

Tokuiten

Infected with 'Xenoblade'. 御免なさい🙇‍♀️
The worst part is how she still clamors for a "living wage" despite having been offered 10000 Dollars from the get-go. Looking at how many hours we know she worked on past Bayonetta-games, even in her most favorable case she wouldn't have had to work more than a week's worth of work. So what is she on about being denied a "living wage"? Did she really expect she's entitled to being paid for the off-time when she doesn't have a job? That might be a wider freelancing-issue, but certainly not the responsibility of Platinum Games.

Bad taste got worse.

Vergus

Pronouns
He
Hellena Taylor said:
As I posted on part three of my video thread. I explained that their first offer was too low. That offer was 10,000 dollars total. Remember, this is 450 million dollar franchise, (not counting merchandise.) I then wrote in Japanese to Hideki Kamiya, asking for what I was worth. I thought that as a creative, he would understand. He replied saying how much he valued my contribution to the game and how much the fans wanted me to voice the game. I was then offered an extra 5,0000!
She typed an extra zero at the end, but the bold parts confirmed that she did get offered $15,000 after some negotiations. However, she still found that to be low so she declined the offer - which is in line with Jason's report.

Hellena Taylor said:
So, I declined to voice the game. I then heard nothing from them for 11 months. They then offered me a flat fee to voice some lines for 4,000 dollars. Any other lies, such as 4,000 for 5 sessions are total fabrications. There were not “extensive negotiations.” I’ve also been informed of ridiculous fictions, such as I asked for 250,000 dollars. I am a team player. I was just asking for a fair, living wage in line with the value that I bring to this game.
She did not deny the six figures part, just that she didn't ask for $250,000. That's a very specific number to claim when most people just thinks she is asking for $100,000+. It feels like she is attacking a straw man. For all we know, she could have asked for an amount between $100,000-$250,000. That would make her current denial a truth, but still a misleading one where she isn't addressing whether she asked for six figures. If there were no "extensive negotiations" then it just meant that negotiations broke down immediately after her counteroffer. Her talking about living wage also isn't addressing what was in the report, just that she felt she was right in her counteroffer.

I'm just disappointed. She is just trying to tug at people's heart strings now. I really would've rather side with her, but her answers basically confirm what Jason got. She accused him of lying, but none of her answers disprove anything. They were all non-denial denials. The lies she were talking about had nothing to do with Jason's report. The $4,000 for 5 sessions thing was what she misled the public to believe - not what Platinum/Jason did.

Conclusion: So yeah. She started off with lying by omission, now she admits what she omitted was correctly reported by Jason, then resorted to half-truths by attacking straw mans instead of admitting to the more egregious details (six figures with residuals), and downplaying her behavior with the justification that she was just trying to survive. The only "true" lie she said was the $450 million figure, the rest were just deceitful "truths." However, that makes it all the more heartbreaking, to see someone like her turn to deception when she could've been a good role model for the VA industry and for her fans.

Last edited:

AruanaRiva

I will never doubt Harada-sama ever again!!!
450m figure is true she said.... if it is such a huge IP, Sega would not allow Ninty to fund the game kek. They will eat all those project by themselves.

BassForever

Pronouns
He/Him
Massive second hand embarrassment over these new tweets. Confirming the report and trying to double down on you being the victim here in the end after promoting a harassment towards your replacement and the director who tried to get you a fat payday.

Koni

Pronouns
He/Him
This is just a really sad situation all around. Sure, Bayonetta as a franchise has (hopefully) escaped that situation while largely intact, but man… in an era where there are finally conversations about voice actor pay and value, this is the last thing advocates needed.

Hopefully this could be a lesson to wait before getting angry because there’s always two sides to each situation.

AruanaRiva

This is just a really sad situation all around. Sure, Bayonetta as a franchise has (hopefully) escaped that situation while largely intact, but man… in an era where there are finally conversations about voice actor pay and value, this is the last thing advocates needed.

Hopefully this could be a lesson to wait before getting angry because there’s always two sides to each situation.

Considering how many outlet like GVG, Kotaku,EZA, KFG, IGN, and many more all is trying to act like there is no more new news of this topic while trying their best to both sides? I give it another 1 month before another pitchfork reaction happen once more.

This is not talking how many influencers like on YT and twitter or even some fellow VA or even devs like Cory Barlog who don't have the balls to even admit their mistake and just delete their tweet trying to avoid any responsibilities for bringing the mob to witch hunt and harrass Kamiya, Hale and Platinum?

There will be no change even in the future. Human nature in this social media is hard to change.

ILikeFeet

I suspect a lot of those outlets to sweep this under the rug until it comes back up in the future and they, conveniently, talk about how Taylor lied and was on the wrong side. they'll just continue to both sides this until people forget then jump to the winning team

AruanaRiva

I suspect a lot of those outlets to sweep this under the rug until it comes back up in the future and they, conveniently, talk about how Taylor lied and was on the wrong side. they'll just continue to both sides this until people forget then jump to the winning team

U don't need to suspect lol. Many already did that lol. Or now pivot to " she lied but this tells more about VA pay being low" or "15k is still too low for such iconic franchise that will make millions" lol.

RDragon

Out of all the 'influencers' I saw that covered this story well there was only one and that was Spawn Wave, specifically not the podcast where he has guests since most of them are cringe. He was neutral on the story when it first dropped, reported what was known, and gave a measure opinion until it became clear that Helena did indeed lie. He even did a followup that he posted over an hour ago from this writing with Helena's recent tweets saying that this sealed it for him.

The biggest disappointment was GVG that was quick to take Helena's side with Jon specifically making a big show of cancelling his Bayonatta 3 preorder, saying that Platinum was a shell of itself, and saying that Nintendo should be ashamed and when the facts came out, the cast of GVG on their podcast tried to play the 'both sides' card and Jon wasn't even on the podcast.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

Out of all the 'influencers' I saw that covered this story well there was only one and that was Spawn Wave, specifically not the podcast where he has guests since most of them are cringe. He was neutral on the story when it first dropped, reported what was known, and gave a measure opinion until it became clear that Helena did indeed lie. He even did a followup that he posted over an hour ago from this writing with Helena's recent tweets saying that this sealed it for him.

The biggest disappointment was GVG that was quick to take Helena's side with Jon specifically making a big show of cancelling his Bayonatta 3 preorder, saying that Platinum was a shell of itself, and saying that Nintendo should be ashamed and when the facts came out, the cast of GVG on their podcast tried to play the 'both sides' card and Jon wasn't even on the podcast.
there was another, more popular streamer who covered this in full and all his videos hit over 1M. people said he provided accurate coverage as well. so the word has gotten around a bit

in other news, reviews are exceptional. it's now on Nintendo to do that final push

Tokuiten

Infected with 'Xenoblade'. 御免なさい🙇‍♀️
On another note, apparently Nintendo did it again: Instead of Xenoblade-fans, this times Bayonetta-fans are suffering. Bayonetta 1 physical edition went online on the Nintendo Store, was completely sold out no 2 minutes later. Now people are complaining, of course.

This is just ridiculous. How hard can it be to let people pre-order, THEN manufacture the needed items, and everyone can be happy? More money for Nintendo, too.

Refyref

On another note, apparently Nintendo did it again: Instead of Xenoblade-fans, this times Bayonetta-fans are suffering. Bayonetta 1 physical edition went online on the Nintendo Store, was completely sold out no 2 minutes later. Now people are complaining, of course.

This is just ridiculous. How hard can it be to let people pre-order, THEN manufacture the needed items, and everyone can be happy? More money for Nintendo, too.
What? It released at the end of last month, and it's still available online. Why the complaints?

Astrogamer

The timespan is the issue. The reason they are Nintendo store exclusive is that they are announcing these things too late that retailers don't want to suddenly take on. If Nintendo announced these things six months in advance, I presume retailers would probably be fine and then preorders can be normally taken and then Nintendo can adjust the manufacturing but, a two month announcement is too short for popular limited edition stuff. Bayonetta in particular is something that fell through in the last minute given that it was announced to be a Nintendo Store exclusive only a couple weeks before launch whereas other regions had the preorder at retailers like normal.

Pronouns
He/Him

I even got thread-banned on Era for a day for asking Jon to explain himself. Like jeez. :/

Good Vibes lost a metric ton of respect from me for this. :/

MysticGon

My only thoughts on the voice acting situation is gratefulness for the voice actress' past performance, a hope that someone starts pointing her to accurate sales information and correcting her assumptions on how big Bayonetta really is and lastly that she will reach out to other actors like David Hayter for advice.

If Square is replacing voices for iconic Disney characters in games series who's each individual mainline release sells more than the projected final tally of the entire Bayonetta franchise then Platinum replacing it's lead actress is no hardship.

Last edited:

AruanaRiva

My only thoughts on the voice acting situation is gratefulness for the voice actress' past performance, a hope that someone starts pointing her to accurate sales information and correcting her assumptions on how big Bayonetta really is and lastly that she will reach out to other actors like David Hayter for advice.

If Square is replacing voices for iconic Disney characters in games series who's each individual mainline release sells more than the projected final tally of the entire Bayonetta franchise then Platinum replacing it's lead actress is no hardship.

Her action for me makes me lost any respect toward her at all here. She literally goes guns blazing tries to ruin a whole project and even run a mob witch hunt to harass people just because she overplayed her importance.

That for me is a very bad moves especially now she easily muddled future talk on VA pay due to her being bad actor in this case. So kinda hard to even sympathize toward her anymore.

OP
OP
KR_EP

KR_EP

FEEL LIKE A PILOT. BE A LANDING HERO.
Extended poll is complete, it was a close run thing but the flock off feather facers have it by the skin of their bird chomping teeth. Bayonetta physical copies for the UK/EU came & went however you can register interest on the MyNintendo store for restocks 'later this year'. Not sure why its having issues, guess they're going for the authentic Limited Run Games experience.

Bit of weekend thread husbandry before it all kicks off with Glorious Bayonetta 3 sales data. I've updated the OPs with the most recent Famitsu sales, plus links to a useful studio overview with key staff profiles for PlatinumGames Tokyo. Hopefully they'll provide more insight on its role & how work is divided on forthcoming projects plus a clearer idea of what they're doing with GAAS post Babylon's Fall. Another PV for NieR Automata 1.1a, was hoping against hope for hand drawn mechanical designs, close ups look good mind. Switch version is hanging around the charts.
Famitsu Sales: Week 10, 2022 (Feb 28 - Mar 06)
24./00. [PS4] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 2.885 / NEW <20-40%>
27./00. [PS5] Babylon's Fall <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.03.03} (¥7.800) - 2.224 / NEW <20-40%>
Famitsu Sales: Week 40, 2022 (Sep 26 - Oct 02)
18./00. [NSW] Bayonetta <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.09.30} (¥3.480) - 5.128 / 14.538 <40-60%>
Physical: 5.128 / Retail DL Code: 9.410
(If as @PillFencer points out here the above sales include retail DL code sales prior to the physical version being released).
Famitsu Sales: Week 41, 2022 (Oct 03 - Oct 09)
02./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 30.218 / NEW <40-60%>
Famitsu Sales: Week 42, 2022 (Oct 10 - Oct 16)
03./02. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 9.672 / 39.890 <60-80%> (-68%)
Famitsu Sales: Week 43, 2022 (Oct 17 - Oct 23)
08./03. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 5.107 / 44.997 <60-80%> (-47%)
Note: Famitsu Weekly Sales will be replaced with Media Create Sales: CY 2022 Sales Data once the top 1000 report is published in mid-2023.
Platinum-Games-Interview_03-01-20_003-480x230.jpg

Studio Overview & Key Staff Profiles
Motoi Fujita - Development Division, Divisional Vice President, Tokyo Studio, Director
David Scripps - Software Engineer, PlatinumGames Tokyo, Game Creative Division
Miki Sato - Project Manager, PlatinumGames Tokyo, Game Creative Division
Takahisa Sugiyama - Game Development Division, Tokyo Studio, Game Designer
kv_pascal_c.jpg

Digital Foundry article & video analysis - Nier Automata's Switch port is very impressive - but not quite perfect // Bayonetta 3 - A Great Game With Polish & Performance Issues

Last edited:
OP
OP
KR_EP

KR_EP

FEEL LIKE A PILOT. BE A LANDING HERO.
nier-nier-replicant.gif
d9b98055b056603323d40dceba5f6129e0297e44.jpg
EzFez7WXMAA9jPF.jpg
116a10531d945c009bce9e4cac576f6bd992da26.gif

Shinji Hashimoto strikes back, or maybe it was his dastardly plan all along, it might explain why he left "I'll be leaving the company in high spirits." He might have retired from Square Enix but his Ultima Troll spirit lives on, as they heard the man baby cries for gruff Nier Replicant protagonist, something got very lost in translation & Ubisoft said hold my beer goggles.
Nier-Replicant-Ver122-Review_009.png
Rainbow-Six-Siege-Nier-1320x743.jpg
Nier-Replicant-Not-Detecting-Keyboard-or-Controller-White-Loading-Screen-Bug-640x344.jpg

Somebody call IT support! They wanted you to bastardise the other version of the main character. Mind you that's no easy feat, I'm sure Ubisoft would've been up to the dubious task. Although to be fair maybe its a depiction of the protagonist before & after reading the latest - what can only be described as the Mental Create Sales thread. Right! Back to Platinum(Games), as for now, will discuss the domestic retail shipments here & try working out first shipment estimates. Plenty of updates in all three P* OPs as well, constructive feedback welcome as usual.
Famitsu Sales: Week 41, 2022 (Oct 03 - Oct 09)
02./00. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 30.218 / NEW <40-60%>

1st Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 50,363 - 75,545
Famitsu Sales: Week 42, 2022 (Oct 10 - Oct 16)
03./02. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 9.672 / 39.890 <60-80%> (-68%)

2nd Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 50,363 - 66,483
Famitsu Sales: Week 43, 2022 (Oct 17 - Oct 23)
08./03. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 5.107 / 44.997 <60-80%> (-47%)

3rd Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 50,363 - 56,246
Famitsu Sales: Week 44, 2022 (Oct 24 - Oct 30)
02./00. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 41.285 / NEW <40-60%>
19./08. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 3.170 / 48.167 <80-100%> (-38%)

1st Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 68,808 - 103,212
Famitsu Sales: Week 45, 2022 (Oct 31 - Nov 06)
04./02. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 10.103 / 51.388 <40-60%> (-76%)
23./19. [NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800) - 2.224 / 50.391 <80-100%> (-30%)

2nd Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 85,646 - 103,212
Famitsu Sales: Week 46, 2022 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)
21./04. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980) - 3.349 / 54.737 <40-60%> (-67%)

3rd Week 1st Shipment Estimates: 91,228 - 103,212
Stopped after a few weeks as its diminishing returns, especially once you reach 80-100%. Highly likely NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition on Switch received a 2nd shipment. While its fallen out of the Famitsu top 30 due to the overall increase in weekly sales, it could still be selling around 2,000 copies. As ever, the Media Create top 1000 will reveal all. Bayonetta 3 retail shipment is cause for alarm. Any thoughts? On the above plus the wider context, namely the positions in digital charts for Japan & elsewhere? Bayonetta 1 & 2 have reappeared too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom